Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn (39787 Views)

Ministry Gives N-power Recruitment Slots To Lawmakers, Politicians / 2017 N-power Recruitment Assessment Test Starts July 1st 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by BornAgainMay: 8:23am On Jun 19, 2017
Juell:

Must u insult to make ur points?
Born again indeed

Read it again.

I said *Must be a fool.

Not that he is a fool. The sentence implies that I am contemplating if he is a fool or not.

He should prove me wrong or right by editing that rubbish he wrote there.

Is it because Teachers are not valued in this part of the world that every goats and rats think Teaching is not a great skill

4 Likes

Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Amadaz(m): 8:24am On Jun 19, 2017
I pray i get shorlisted into the scheme otherwise i'll have no other option than to start internet scamming. Chukwu biko nyere'm aka

3 Likes

Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Teawhy2011: 8:26am On Jun 19, 2017
Pls,when those that got Npower congrat message on Monday frm the 2016 waiting list will be gvn ACCESS DETAILS to login to npvn site? Bcs we neva hear anything since we received the message on Monday
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Airfort: 8:28am On Jun 19, 2017
Can corp members apply for N-Power?
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Ezeonyekachi(m): 8:34am On Jun 19, 2017
Nairadays:

Hehehehe e Neva reach like that.

The OP should do thorough checks before writing anything, bloggers everywhere.

Like someone said, disadvantage 1 is no longer valid. I registered my wife and sister in-law in less than 15 minutes, partly because we were looking for BVN number, account number and other things. I was surprised at the speed.

Nevertheless it's a commendable scheme from the Government whom we know is battling recession.

I don't know and can't say if 30,000 Naira is too small for an unemployed graduate, might be small Sha if the graduate is a male that keeps a riotous life of smoking drinking and womanising.
Sir can I register now or is too late
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Arccangel(f): 8:40am On Jun 19, 2017
femi4:
Teaching require skills too
BornAgainMay:
Op must be a fool

Teaching is not skill?

If your teacher don't have the skill of impacting knowledge. I will wonder you and buhari who will be more intelligent
Play nice kids grin it just npower, not life
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by BornAgainMay: 8:48am On Jun 19, 2017
Arccangel:

Play nice kids grin it just npower, not life

Goan drink more water

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 19, 2017
BornAgainMay:
Op must be a fool

Teaching is not skill?

If your teacher don't have the skill of impacting knowledge. I will wonder you and buhari who will be more intelligent

Is it a must to use cuss word just to drive a point. Damn Nigerians. You are a graduate shouldn't be acting like those agberos at Enerhen junction.

Teaching is an added experience but not all experience are relevant depending on your course of study. Applying for a mechanical position in an engineering firm, your teaching experience/skill doesn't count.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Waga02: 8:48am On Jun 19, 2017
I think i commend this govt on this program, I just hope there will transparency in the process.

Thanks
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by famora(m): 8:50am On Jun 19, 2017
Would you advice one that is yet to be mobilized for service to apply for N-Power....please your advise is needed before the closure.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by BornAgainMay: 8:53am On Jun 19, 2017
BiggyB242:

Is it a must to use cuss word just to drive a point. Damn Nigerians. You are a graduate shouldn't be acting like those agberos at Enerhen junction.

Teaching is an added experience but not all experience are relevant depending on your course of study. Applying for a mechanical position in an engineering firm, your teaching experience/skill doesn't count.

I never insulted anybody, read it again.

Teaching weather in engineering or medicine should be considered as a great skill. Without teachers you won't boast of being an engineer or medical doctor.

Try and get my point bro
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 19, 2017
BornAgainMay:

I never insulted anybody, read it again.

Teaching weather in engineering or medicine should be considered as a great skill. Without teachers you won't boast of being an engineer or medical doctor.

Try and get my point bro

You said "OP must be a fool" and all profession are relevant.
What I'm pointing out is that not all skill or experience is relevant, It won't not give any edge over the other candidate only if you want to become a lecturer. (Speaking from the engineering field)
Teaching isn't relevant to my profession Na just to take see front while I develop myself and aim for the multinational.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by UwaBuPawPaw: 9:04am On Jun 19, 2017
The 30k is more than all u wrote coz of d disadvantages most applicants have
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by BornAgainMay: 9:08am On Jun 19, 2017
BiggyB242:

You said "OP must be a fool" and all profession are relevant.
What I'm pointing out is that not all skill or experience is relevant, It won't not give any edge over the other candidate only if you want to become a lecturer. (Speaking from the engineering field)
Teaching isn't relevant to my profession Na just to take see front while I develop myself and aim for the multinational.

Now I get you. *Must be a fool * not that he is already a fool.

He wrote that ppl should apply in other areas he considered to be of great skill like : Agro, health, instead of Teaching.

Meanwhile teaching to him is not a great skill.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by salam1(m): 9:19am On Jun 19, 2017
BornAgainMay:
Op must be a fool

Teaching is not skill?

at least beta Dan youwin program dat employ only people from certain part of the country. And keep insulting ur president a dead bubari is bats Dan ur entire generation combined
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 19, 2017
BornAgainMay:

Now I get you. *Must be a fool * not that he is already a fool.

He wrote that ppl should apply in other areas he considered to be of great skill like : Agro, health, instead of Teaching.

Meanwhile teaching to him is not a great skill.

Learn to relay your point without name calling. Like I said teaching isn't a great skill depending on your profession. To him it isn't that doesn't make him a fool. Agro is better skill to those who are interested in farming, especially those that wants to be an entrepreneur.
Try to see others from their point of view.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Freshsnoow1(m): 9:27am On Jun 19, 2017
I registered for agro.. And I have OND in library and information Science.. So I saw my course didn't tally with the job description so I re-registered again in Teach because it's the only program that accepts all field of study.. And the registration was successfull.. I hope I won't be screened out because I registered twice.... Please answer me if you have any idea.. Thanks
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by excellgraphics(m): 9:30am On Jun 19, 2017
Op u are nothing but enemies of d progress of diz conuntry,fu*k ur write up f*uk ur fingers dat propel ur to write nonsense.
##Team Npower hit like if u agreed wit me#

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by profsho1(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2017
Please can a BSc Business Administration holder apply for NPower agro?
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by bejite: 9:58am On Jun 19, 2017
Op. Points duly noted.

For those still in need of that dream job or simply want to recruit faster? Sign up now on www.bejite.com and connect to your favourite recruiters and other job seekers. Users of bejite has 70-90% chances of securing their dream jobs faster.

Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Collins10(m): 10:10am On Jun 19, 2017
airex:
Be patient
I registered up to a point but couldnt continue because they said my phone number is incorrect. I have checked it over and over again and the number is correct, but they still insisted. Okay, I put my second number and they are still saying the same thing... Any idea on what I should do?
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Collins10(m): 10:14am On Jun 19, 2017
Nairadays:

Hehehehe e Neva reach like that.

The OP should do thorough checks before writing anything, bloggers everywhere.

Like someone said, disadvantage 1 is no longer valid. I registered my wife and sister in-law in less than 15 minutes, partly because we were looking for BVN number, account number and other things. I was surprised at the speed.

Nevertheless it's a commendable scheme from the Government whom we know is battling recession.

I don't know and can't say if 30,000 Naira is too small for an unemployed graduate, might be small Sha if the graduate is a male that keeps a riotous life of smoking drinking and womanising.
Please sir, was there any issue about phone number when you were registering? I tried registering but they said my phone number was incorrect, even when I checked and correctly filled it inside those 3 boxes. I put another number and they are still saying the same thing.

I have put in my acct number and BVN.... The phone number is the only wahala stopping me from completing the registration now. Any idea on what I should do?

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Eve62(f): 10:29am On Jun 19, 2017
Collins10:
Please sir, was there any issue about phone number when you were registering? I tried registering but they said my phone number was incorrect, even when I checked and correctly filled it inside those 3 boxes. I put another number and they are still saying the same thing.

I have put in my acct number and BVN.... The phone number is the only wahala stopping me from completing the registration now. Any idea on what I should do?

Did u put all d digits 2geda?
It shld be like dis....
080 in D 1st box
2345 in D 2nd box
6789in d 3rd box. Also ensure Dat ur cursor stops afta D last digit I.e without a gap. I hope it helps
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Omoaregba(m): 10:34am On Jun 19, 2017
Please people I have registered and I received a reference number and it didn't ask me to progress after receiving d number. I hop this is normal.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by fromnigeria(m): 10:34am On Jun 19, 2017
I hate when bloggers write for clicks and revenue.
Write for passion and to educate and inform, and clicks, revenue will come autonatically.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 19, 2017
Pls, what is needed for the registration?
Dan42:
has anyone been shortlisted of recent? I applied since last week but, no update from them.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Collinsiweadi(m): 10:42am On Jun 19, 2017
De question is wat happens after 2 long years go back to d labour market hmmm ,
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Claessique1(f): 10:47am On Jun 19, 2017
Me I'm not sure of if I registered through the right link.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by williams85(m): 11:00am On Jun 19, 2017
why would they ask for your bvn.. it's very risky when it enters the wrong hand
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Merryglad(f): 11:00am On Jun 19, 2017
OP am not here to fight you,just want to tell you am a TEACHER and am proud of the career I chose....... anyone who teaches without going through the training required is a CHEATER. Lastly if you can spell your name you should thank your teacher.

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by banggy: 11:10am On Jun 19, 2017
please house ,

during application for npower, is der space for CV, passport and certificate uploading
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Kazrem(m): 11:19am On Jun 19, 2017
Obagoblog:
As the N-power portal re-opens for the registration of 2017 applicants, it is important we discuss the pros and cons of N-power scheme in Nigeria to enlighten both the graduate and non-graduates.

This will go a long way in preventing the dissatisfactions and disappointments that the pioneer beneficiaries experienced after they were accepted into the programme. An advantage for the prospective N-power second batch.

Advantages of N-Power Scheme in Nigeria

1. It helps to empower and equip the young Nigerians with relevant technical skills and certification so they can start-up or become innovators in both the domestic and global market and as well make a positive impact in boosting the economy of Nigeria.

2. N-power recruitment helps to reduce the current level of unemployment in Nigeria. Nigerian youths will start getting busy with something productive and profitable other than sitting at home and wasting their intellectual resources and also battling with Frustration, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.

3. It is a great opportunity for the fresh graduates who are willing to venture into business of their own to save more money for capital in addition to their little savings from the monthly allowance given to them during their youth service by the government.

4. Unlike other companies that will invite many graduates seeking for a job for an interview and will employ only a few to fill up the available vacant positions, N-power 2017 scheme recruits more than 500,000 graduates. So, there is a high possibility you will be among the applicants that will be recruited.

5. Apart from the regular N30,000 monthly stipends given to them by the federal government, graduates who are able to scale through all the verification exercises would also be entitled to receive the credit device facility under the scheme.

Disadvantages of N-Power Scheme in Nigeria

1. The registration and verification exercises involve is too stressful and seems not to be well organized. Errors like page not loading, Site not available and lot more are encountered while going through the verification process on their official website. Though the problem has been reported, there is still no sign of amendment when the N-power portal was re-opened this year. June 2017.

2. Another demerit is that after the N-power test, only few who are lucky are deployed in N-power programmes like N-power Health, N-power Agro, N-power tech where skills can be acquired while the other unlucky applicants are deployed as teachers

3. You are rewarded with a monthly stipend of just N30,000 as a reward for a job well done. Is that not too small?

4. Another issue is that you can be deployed to a place far away from your location despite the fact you filled your location properly on the N-power portal during registration. This only happens on few occasions though.

5. The Npower scheme is not a permanent one but for just a period of two years. The hustle for a good, secure and paying job will definitely continue for some youths after passing through the scheme.

Source: http://www.prosandconsblog.com/2017/06/benefits-problems-n-power-recruitment.html

Except no 3 and 5, others are not true.
1. Verification is not done online but offline. Physical presence of beneficiary is needed.
2. Deployment depends on quota for each category, number of people applied for a particular category and number of qualified candidates.
4. That is a lie. During physical verification, beneficiaries would be told to bring the utility bill of their current residence. Even at registration, current residence address is asked. i am posted to a school three minutes walk away from my house. Same with many others except for those who willingly do not want to be posted close to their house. But at least you have two valid points

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customs Application Form / Intercontinental Bank Plc Recruiting / Just Got A Job With National Population Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.