Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn (39778 Views)

Ministry Gives N-power Recruitment Slots To Lawmakers, Politicians / 2017 N-power Recruitment Assessment Test Starts July 1st 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Adeyemi0(m): 11:48am On Jun 19, 2017
Obagoblog:

Have you ever wondered why the teaching program has more slot than others?
no, educate(teach) me please...
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by miniziter(m): 11:54am On Jun 19, 2017
ADVANTAGE FOR APC

6. Its a tool for 2019 campaign.

DISADVANTAGE FOR PDP

6. Campaign tool to counter them.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
Claessique1:
Me I'm not sure of if I registered through the right link.

Which link did you register with?
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2017
Kazrem:

Except no 3 and 5, others are not true.
1. Verification is not done online but offline. Physical presence of beneficiary is needed.
2. Deployment depends on quota for each category, number of people applied for a particular category and number of qualified candidates.
4. That is a lie. During physical verification, beneficiaries would be told to bring the utility bill of their current residence. Even at registration, current residence address is asked. i am posted to a school three minutes walk away from my house. Same with many others except for those who willingly do not want to be posted close to their house. But at least you have two valid points

Please how many days a week do you teach? And did the school conduct an interview or test before you were accepted?
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Jaiyekay(m): 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
Op Your listed demerits do not hold water.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Claessique1(f): 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
Uncommonbreed:

Which link did you register with?

http://www.npower.gov.ng
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by welica(f): 12:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
I heard that there is a fake Npower website. can someone provide me with the autentic one?
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by jakesbaba: 2:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
Kazrem:

1. Verification is not done online but offline. Physical presence of beneficiary is needed.
2. Deployment depends on quota for each category, number of people applied for a particular category and number of qualified candidates.
4. That is a lie. During physical verification, beneficiaries would be told to bring the utility bill of their current residence. Even at registration, current residence address is asked. i am posted to a school three minutes walk away from my house. Same with many others except for those who willingly do not want to be posted close to their house. But at least you have two valid points

Please what next after application?
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by keepjosh: 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
Fimbiology:
Can undergraduate apply for the N-power
Nop...graduate online...
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by donqx: 3:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
good
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by keepjosh: 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
Obagoblog:
As the N-power portal re-opens for the registration of 2017 applicants, it is important we discuss the pros and cons of N-power scheme in Nigeria to enlighten both the graduate and non-graduates.

This will go a long way in preventing the dissatisfactions and disappointments that the pioneer beneficiaries experienced after they were accepted into the programme. An advantage for the prospective N-power second batch.

Advantages of N-Power Scheme in Nigeria

1. It helps to empower and equip the young Nigerians with relevant technical skills and certification so they can start-up or become innovators in both the domestic and global market and as well make a positive impact in boosting the economy of Nigeria.

2. N-power recruitment helps to reduce the current level of unemployment in Nigeria. Nigerian youths will start getting busy with something productive and profitable other than sitting at home and wasting their intellectual resources and also battling with Frustration, depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.

3. It is a great opportunity for the fresh graduates who are willing to venture into business of their own to save more money for capital in addition to their little savings from the monthly allowance given to them during their youth service by the government.

4. Unlike other companies that will invite many graduates seeking for a job for an interview and will employ only a few to fill up the available vacant positions, N-power 2017 scheme recruits more than 500,000 graduates. So, there is a high possibility you will be among the applicants that will be recruited.

5. Apart from the regular N30,000 monthly stipends given to them by the federal government, graduates who are able to scale through all the verification exercises would also be entitled to receive the credit device facility under the scheme.

Disadvantages of N-Power Scheme in Nigeria

1. The registration and verification exercises involve is too stressful and seems not to be well organized. Errors like page not loading, Site not available and lot more are encountered while going through the verification process on their official website. Though the problem has been reported, there is still no sign of amendment when the N-power portal was re-opened this year. June 2017.

2. Another demerit is that after the N-power test, only few who are lucky are deployed in N-power programmes like N-power Health, N-power Agro, N-power tech where skills can be acquired while the other unlucky applicants are deployed as teachers

3. You are rewarded with a monthly stipend of just N30,000 as a reward for a job well done. Is that not too small?

4. Another issue is that you can be deployed to a place far away from your location despite the fact you filled your location properly on the N-power portal during registration. This only happens on few occasions though.

5. The Npower scheme is not a permanent one but for just a period of two years. The hustle for a good, secure and paying job will definitely continue for some youths after passing through the scheme.

Source: http://www.prosandconsblog.com/2017/06/benefits-problems-n-power-recruitment.html

There is nothing in life dt has not d oda side especially when it concerns d public enterprise.....Since graduates survived wit 19800 as corpers...den wt 30000 ...de will do better...and dont forget dis is govt work...i am sure it can nt b dt stressful as in private....U will hav tim to run some oda tins on ur own...Thanks to this present gov at least for considering d unemployed. If de dont do it, we no go kill dem, na only mouth we get.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Ashafabliv: 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2017
Dan42:
has anyone been shortlisted of recent? I applied since last week but, no update from them.

Can you help me out with the site.. Cos d one I registered was very easy...
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by welica(f): 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
Kazrem:

Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Kazrem(m): 3:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
Uncommonbreed:

Please how many days a week do you teach? And did the school conduct an interview or test before you were accepted?
I teach mathematics thus i go to school 5 times a week but may only have 2 periods or 3 in a day. The school didnt do interview. Npower had done test for us.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Kazrem(m): 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
jakesbaba:

Please what next after application?
They will contact you
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by noziz(m): 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2017
is it reasonable to supply one's BVN during registration? i dey fear o
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Zizu99: 4:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
please had anyone received a notification via Email pertaining to Successful Npower application and guide lines on the next action. if u hv any info kindly whatsapp me on 07067791119. Thank U.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Nairadays: 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2017
Ezeonyekachi:
Sir can I register now or is too late

I think you still can.

Head over to npower.gov.ng

I think it should still be open.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Nairadays: 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
Collins10:
Please sir, was there any issue about phone number when you were registering? I tried registering but they said my phone number was incorrect, even when I checked and correctly filled it inside those 3 boxes. I put another number and they are still saying the same thing.

I have put in my acct number and BVN.... The phone number is the only wahala stopping me from completing the registration now. Any idea on what I should do?

Not at all. We had no issues with phone number.

Maybe your mobile number isn't associated with your BVN NUMBER or maybe still it ain't registered properly.

I know for sure the scheme does all those verifications tightly and takes security highly.

Good luck.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Kazrem:

I teach mathematics thus i go to school 5 times a week but may only have 2 periods or 3 in a day. The school didnt do interview. Npower had done test for us.

Okay thanks.
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 19, 2017
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Claessique1(f): 8:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
Uncommonbreed:

It's the right link.

Tanchu

1 Like

Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by Euhedral(f): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2017
The rumour making waves that if you are shortlisted for n-power and eventually get a federal government job before your expiration of two years, you will be denied the federal government job because you BVN is already in use. How true is this?
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by femi4: 12:12pm On Jun 20, 2017
welica:
I heard that there is a fake Npower website. can someone provide me with the autentic one?
There is nothing like that. The second website was simplified for easy registration. Infact, the first website will redirect you to the second one
Re: 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn by U1(m): 7:47pm On Jun 21, 2017
Euhedral:
The rumour making waves that if you are shortlisted for n-power and eventually get a federal government job before your expiration of two years, you will be denied the federal government job because you BVN is already in use. How true is this?

So I read in a WhatsApp message. But do I really care about federal government job in this country? I'm not sure. Security of BVN is more important to me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customs Application Form / Just Got A Job With National Population Commission / NPOWER TEACH - Alphabet O Let Us Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.