Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] - Sports (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] (35617 Views)

Poll: Who Goes To The Final

Nigeria: 76% (153 votes)
Ghana: 23% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2010
tkb417:

Eguavoen, Amodu, Keshi, Amodu have all been tested and what did we get?

who is left? Siasia or Chukwu?
let uf hear u

grin Jossy Lad, Ladam Bosso, Rashidi Yekini (Bonvita Fame), Festus Onigbinde, Patrick Ekeji, Monday Sinclar and James Peters

We have quite a roll call of promising coaching talents still wandering within the current NFF structure.  grin

Just one look at the voting stats again had me thinking, how can we overlook our deficiencies and continue to press on with blind faith/luck

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by iyobs7(f): 3:52pm On Jan 29, 2010
We tried just that we were so unlucky and the strikers were not also sharp in front of goal, believe me Egypt is claiming this cup again!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by ayettymama(f): 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2010
voltron:

grin

Just one look at the voting stats again had me thinking, how can we overlook our deficiencies and continue to press on with blind faith/luck

how dare u show the monkeyness of your fellow people??

i put my bets on ghana sha

then prayed that naija will win!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Chapii: 4:03pm On Jan 29, 2010
They played the same pattern all through the match and got the same result all through sad. Plz someone should help me Call Amodu to his backyard, Poke his chest and ask him if he is the best 4 the super Eagles. Plz send me his response. Nonsense
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by eldee(m): 4:08pm On Jan 29, 2010
tkb417:

Eguavoen, Amodu, Keshi, Amodu have all been tested and what did we get?

who is left? Siasia or Chukwu?
let uf hear u

This is the same thing that happened with England. . . just check out the wonderful job Capello is doing with England.
Forget the wins, players live for him, he eliminated WAGS, they are on diets each time England plays . . . that's the kind of coach we need.
It's not about his nationality or skin colour, but I don't see any Nigerian coach doing that.
I don't even see any English coach that'll be able to do that.

People don't understand that football is not about sentiments.

The good thing about getting an experienced proven coach is the fact that they can help you train your local coaches.
We all know that a coaching certificate doesn't mean shyte. . .

Right now Capello is grooming Stuart Pierce and other English coaches to take up the job when he's gone.
If we don't do something soon, we'll let this generation waste.
We wasted Kanu, Yobo, Aghahowa and Utaka's prime years already . . . are we going to let Osaze, Mikel and Martins go without winning anything too??
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tkb417(m): 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2010
eldee:

This is the same thing that happened with England. . . just check out the wonderful job Capello is doing with England.
Forget the wins, players live for him, he eliminated WAGS, they are on diets each time England plays . . . that's the kind of coach we need.
It's not about his nationality or skin colour, but I don't see any Nigerian coach doing that.
I don't even see any English coach that'll be able to do that.

People don't understand that football is not about sentiments.

The good thing about getting an experienced proven coach is the fact that they can help you train your local coaches.
We all know that a coaching certificate doesn't mean shyte. . .

Right now Capello is grooming Stuart Pierce and other English coaches to take up the job when he's gone.
If we don't do something soon, we'll let this generation waste.
We wasted Kanu, Yobo, Aghahowa and Utaka's prime years already . . . are we going to let Osaze, Mikel and Martins go without winning anything too??

Mint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we need a world class coach who will bring back the winning mentality in these boiz
these boiz are good enuff to play good footie but as it is, all our local coaches cant do jack
keshi just got fired in small Mali so what are we saying?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by eldee(m): 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2010
tkb417:

Mint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we need a world class coach who will bring back the winning mentality in these boiz
these boiz are good enuff to play good footie but as it is, all our local coaches cant do jack
keshi just got fired in small Mali so what are we saying?

I know . . . this is a coach that couldn't get Kanoute, Keita, Diarra and Sissoko to the quarter finals.
And that's who people want us to play?? Hehehe.

It's simple, if anyone wants to coach Nigeria, let him go out, win the African Champions League, send applications to other countries and win the Nation's Cup, believe me, we'll beg him to come coach the Super Eagles.
I remember Germany begging Otto Rehhagel after he won the Euros.
That's how things work . . . not someone coming to use us for trial and error.
Na wa ooh . . . we don suffer cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tkb417(m): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2010
eldee:

I know . . . this is a coach that couldn't get Kanoute, Keita, Diarra and Sissoko to the quarter finals.

It's simple, if anyone wants to coach Nigeria, let him go out, win the African Champions League, send applications to other countries and win the Nation's Cup, believe me, we'll beg him to come coach the Super Eagles.
i swear, if a coach wouldnt win the nations cup with the array of stars in the malian camp, then such an individual would make a mess of the average guys in our camp cheesy cheesy
keshi should concentrate on learning the trade first before coachin us
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by orchgem1: 4:46pm On Jan 29, 2010
Una no dey shame?? some people here still dey praise their super Chicken called super eagles after comon under 20 local players from Ghana trash una so called foreign based, foreign base my ass!  We should build a new team for the world cup and get a better coach if not more and more disgrace is still coming, One problem with Nigeria is that we all know the right thing but will never want to do it then how can we move forward.

How can we perform well in sporting activities when nothing is functioning in Nigeria as a whole,where is our president?? I want to use this opportunity to tell the whole media authorities in Nigeria that they are all failure, let them go to other countries and learn more, a country who's media can't give a proper information on the where about of their president to the citizens. We are suffering and smiling. I pray that 9ija get better soon cos one day  I will want to return home,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 29, 2010
eldee,tk,
Permit me to contribute my two cents.
Truth is,until we start taking footie serious to the point where it's a professional approach that we adopt,we will never get anywhere.
eldee mentioned the way Capello has turned the English mentality around.It's amazing that Capello is using the same talents basically to achieve the results that Eriksson and McLaren couldn't even dream of.And it starts with the mental approach.Capello by nature is cerbral:i.e. he reads on other issues like psychology,mental states of mind and stuff like that.He is disciplined,tactically and off the field.He knows how to get the best out of his players.Typical example:England were having the problem of accomodating Gerrard and Lampard together till capello came and solved it.
My point is:the goons in NFF will never be willing to assume a thotough search for a manager/coach in the mould of Capello.The closest thing we have to a coach that is up to par technically is Siasia,as he updates his knowledge on a regular basis.But footie is more than what goes on on the pitch.Psychology and mental state of mind of the players also matter,and you find out that most successful coaches devote time to work on the psyche of the players they have at hand.Westerhof to an extent got the players he had believing they could beat anybody.He used to say in his interviews that he had to study each player because they came from various tribes and therefore their mentalities were different.I read an interview of such in complete football in 1992.
We have clowns on this Sports forum vouching that Amodu can lead us to the promised land.The guy hardly knows his players'strengths and weaknesses on the pitch,not to talk of getting to them mentally.Can we say that with the fools in the glass house,that we can actually get a coach who will transform the players and get them into believing they are world beaters?My answer is NO:because mediocrity sleeps and wakes up wit h people like Ogunjobi,Lulu,Amanze Uchegbulam and co.
Steven Keshi may have qualified Tog o to the world cup,but he had a problem in handling his star player Adebayor.That he couldn't manage to bring out the best from a Mali side brimming with talents is an indictment on his CV to me,and like you rightly pointed out,he will not be able to do jack with the average/slightly above average players we have at hand.And until we get that kind of coach who will inspire the boys outside the pitch,we might as well be constantly content with playing for the bronze medal every two years at the CAN.Because it's amazing how many bronze medals Nigeria has.It used to be silver in the late 80s & early 90s.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by shesi(m): 6:22pm On Jan 29, 2010
further proof that no matter how high an eagle flies, it is still under the stars!!! even the smallest ones.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by kadzukky(m): 6:48pm On Jan 29, 2010
By now all naija 4 semi final hopefuls understand the hard way that Super chicken has become toast, where are the paper footballers and analysts? I have often said that we need a complete OVERHAUL and we need a TA with two very hard balls to do that, the glass house where we have some bunch of paper pushers who only play with their mouths to the unserious bunch running around the beautiful round leather ( and also chasing the small small Ghananians around.)

We need an oVERHAUUUUUUUUULLLL

Oh, where are the 94 Eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Liedetect: 1:32am On Jan 30, 2010
ayettymama (f)

i simply cannot bare to watch nigeria struggle for a measly third place! 

Might be bearable if coach gave the youth team a run out
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by dejavuwole: 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
Oh, well, the nigerian coach has said A BRONZE IS AS GOOD AS GOLD? Can anyone imagine that?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by honeric01(m): 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2010
dejavuwole:

Oh, well, the nigerian coach has said A BRONZE IS AS GOOD AS GOLD? Can anyone imagine that?

yes, because it was not a MUST that he should win GOLD
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by snakova(m): 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2010
eldee:

Na real suffer ooh. The best option is a superstar dutch coach. A winner. Not an almost won, or nearly miss. But those NFF guys would surely go for the one that fits their coffers, if you catch my drift.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by honeric01(m): 10:22am On Feb 03, 2010
snakova:

Na real suffer ooh. The best option is a superstar dutch coach. A winner. Not an almost won, or nearly miss. But those NFF guys would surely go for the one that fits their coffers, if you catch my drift.

and who are you suggesting?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by snakova(m): 6:20pm On Feb 04, 2010
honeric01:

and who are you suggesting?
Rijkaard if e go gree come. or Hiddink
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by honeric01(m): 10:31pm On Feb 04, 2010
snakova:

Rijkaard if e go gree come. or Hiddink

Bullshit, Has Rijkaard ever coached a national team before? just because he won some laurels as a club coach does not mean he can do that with a national team, remember one thing, he's not going to be given money to buy super-good players like Ronaldinho, Deco and co, so the super eagles is not an error & trial team.

Hiddink is as good as his last result, so he's out of the picture.

Now, let me ask you some questions, would you be happy if the sweat of your father is enjoyed by someone else?

Amodu was given a mandate to win the worldcup ticket which he did, he was also given the mandate to get to the semi-final of the nations cup, which he did, infact he even won bronze, so IMO, he should be allowed to go to the worldcup since we are not going to the worldcup to win the cup even if we go with SAF, MOURINHO, PEP GURDIOLA AND ANCELOTTI. Siasia should be drafted into the technical crew, they should both take us to the worldcup.

After the worlcup, NFF can as well employed all the above coaches for 2014 worldcup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by eldee(m): 10:36pm On Feb 04, 2010
honeric01:

Last result?? You mean the same Russia he took to the semi-finals on the toughest tournament in the world??
Hmmn . . . that's quite interesting.

You mean the same Russia he made from scratch like he did with South Korea??

Your line of reasoning is so weird, I think you should join the NFF. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by honeric01(m): 11:09pm On Feb 04, 2010
eldee:

Last result?? You mean the same Russia he took to the semi-finals on the toughest tournament in the world??
Hmmn . . . that's quite interesting.

You mean the same Russia he made from scratch like he did with South Korea??

Your line of reasoning is so weird, I think you should join the NFF. grin grin

Was that his last result or you deliberately skipped that? he failed to qualify the Russian team for the worldcup and he's as good as that last result. (lost the worldcup ticket to Slovenia or is it Slovakia?)

Which excuse are you trying to make for him?, is the European cup now the toughest tournament in the world now just because you want to make a point? he got to their semi-final just as Amodu did so what's the fuss?
Are you trying to tell me that the Russians had no national team before he was made coach? and how long was he the coach of the Russian national team? (4yrs)

Like i said before, he's as good as his last results.

one more thing, would you be happy if the sweat of your father is enjoyed by someone else? if Amodu was your dad, would you be happy if all he labored for was given to someone else to enjoy? he was deprived before, he shouldn't be deprived the second time.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by eldee(m): 11:19pm On Feb 04, 2010
@honeric
A coach is as good as his CV not his last result.
Why do you think Arsene Wenger is still one of the most sought after managers in Europe??

Which excuse are you trying to make for him? are you trying to tell me that the Russians had no national team before he was made coach? and how long was he the coach of the Russian national team?

Do you watch football at all??
Russia before Hiddink had not gone past the group stages of a major tournament . . . same with South Korea.
And you're here spewing fcukery?? Sometimes you football analysts amaze me.

one more thing, would you be happy if the sweat of your father is enjoyed by someone else? if Amodu was your dad, would you be happy if all he labored for was given to someone else to enjoy? he was deprived before, he shouldn't be deprived the second time.

Football has nothing to do with sentiment/emotions.
Stop being a girl . . . emotions cloud your judgement and lead to irrational decisions.

In football . . . we don't care if it sounds bad, the best people should take the best roles.
That's why players get the bench when they get old. . .

You're taling like this and one day, you'll say you want to coach the Super Eagles, and the cycle continues.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by ikeyman00(m): 11:29pm On Feb 04, 2010
@@@@@

now yll listen attentively

no amount of exoneration will redeem Amodu; this man simply has to go like Ghana must go bag

he should have gone long before CAN so we could have a preview matches in the hands of siasia etc

talk till don; u will never make sense, u can try but trust hmm u still never make sense

who are the fooling:: this is Nigeria we are talking about;[size=32pt] mandate[/size]? which mandate; let these people desist from driving yall; not me shocked

amodu has to go

u have people like Martins, Odewigie criticsing Amodu style still these bush meat analyst will never let it be!!!

how much more can we take before these quack analyst wake up more blunder!!! damn itttttttttttttt

damn itttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by honeric01(m): 11:33pm On Feb 04, 2010
eldee:

A coach is as good as his CV not his last result.
Why do you think Arsene Wenger is still one of the most sought after managers in Europe??
Mr man, stop twisting words, A COACH IS AS GOOD AS HIS LAST RESULT, I AIN'T SAYING GUUS IS NOT A GOOD COACH, BUT HE FAILED TO TAKE RUSSIA TO THE WORLDCUP AND AMODU PASSED THAT TEST, SO EOD.

wetin concern club football with world football?

eldee:

Do you watch football at all??
Russia before Hiddink had not gone past the group stages of a major tournament . . . same with South Korea.
And you're here spewing fcukery?? Sometimes you football analysts amaze me.
So does that mean he built these teams from the scratch as you mentioned?  a coach is as good as his last result mr man, past glories don't count when you are faced with the present.

eldee:

Football has nothing to do with sentiment/emotions.
Stop being a girl . . . emotions cloud your judgement and lead to irrational decisions.

In football . . . we don't care if it sounds bad, the best people should take the best roles.
That's why players get the bench when they get old. . .

You're taling like this and one day, you'll say you want to coach the Super Eagles, and the cycle continues.

Mr man, if you wanted the best coach, why didn't you take SAF AND ANCELOTTI PLUS GUUS before the qualifiers?

The man did all what he was told to achieve no matter how he did it. what i am saying is that, he has accomplished his task, he should be given his rewards, his contract is expiring come August, till then, he should be in any plans the NFF is making. after the worldcup, you can employ the 10best coaches for 2014 worldcup okay?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by eldee(m): 12:04am On Feb 05, 2010
honeric01:

Mr man, stop twisting words, A COACH IS AS GOOD AS HIS LAST RESULT, I AIN'T SAYING GUUS IS NOT A GOOD COACH, BUT HE FAILED TO TAKE RUSSIA TO THE WORLDCUP AND AMODU PASSED THAT TEST, SO EOD.

Saying a coach is only as good as his last result is not only stupid . . . it is also quite amusing.
But I'll leave you to your stupidity.

In your own opinion, Amodu is better than Guus Hiddink?? How brainless can you get??

honeric01:

So does that mean he built these teams from the scratch as you mentioned?  a coach is as good as his last result mr man, past glories don't count when you are faced with the present.

That's where you're mistaken . . . it's so easy to see that you're stuck to this deluded line of reasoning, the same one that's inherent in most decisions by the NFF.
A coach does not become crap because of one competition . . . they have records that speak for them.
He has been fourth place in four of the last five major competitions he's been in and that's past history??
Jesus Christ!!! Why did you bless Nairaland with this many daft people?? This is more than any site's fair share.

honeric01:

So does that mean he built these teams from the scratch as you mentioned?

Yeah . . . but you wouldn't understand since you know so much about football.

honeric01:

Mr man, if you wanted the best coach, why didn't you take SAF AND ANCELOTTI PLUS GUUS before the qualifiers?

Because id[i]i[/i]ots like you in the NFF will never think logically before making decisions.
Rather they'll rather employ a crap coach and put the fate of our football 'in the hands of God', one would think they don't pray in other countries.

You know what . . . I shouldn't be discussing this with you.
Forgive me for thinking your IQ was at least of a positive integer.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by honeric01(m): 12:41am On Feb 05, 2010
eldee:

Saying a coach is only as good as his last result is not only silly . . . it is also quite amusing.
But I'll leave you to your stupidity.

Even with my mood, i've tried to ignore your insults, but i think you need to know that you ain't the only one with a foul mouth, ANIMALS like you need to be taught some simple words like "respecting other people's opinions and not disrespecting them" was i the one that made up the word or are you trying to say this is your first time of seeing that word (a coach's as good as his last result?)
Even coaches themselves know that so who the heck are you? you should shut your pile-hole if you can't counter an argument in a civil way.

eldee:

In your own opinion, Amodu is better than Guus Hiddink?? How brainless can you get??
Tortoise head like you would do anything in his possession just to twist words in their favor, i said Amodu got the ticket to the worldcup, so he should be allowed to be at the worldcup, Guus didn't, so how did that translate to Amodu being better than Guus?

eldee:

That's where you're mistaken . . . it's so easy to see that you're stuck to this deluded line of reasoning, the same one that's inherent in most decisions by the NFF.
Since you are the one with the sharpest brain, why aint you out there employing and deploying coaches? chickenfeed like you love to sit on their fat asses, typing rubbish about other people's fathers/hubby/son/uncles just because internet is cheap and does accept people without manners and brains.

eldee:

A coach does not become crap because of one competition . . . they have records that speak for them.
He has been fourth place in four of the last five major competitions he's been in and that's past history??
Jesus Christ!!! Why did you bless Nairaland with this many daft people?? This is more than any site's fair share.
Yes, coaches have records that speak for them, Amodu played 22 competitive matches, won 16, lost 3, drew 3, isn't that a good record? what kinda football did the German guy that coached Greece play before winning euro 2004? cute and sweet football right? every coach can't play like pep or wenger, but it's the end result that matters, (amodu admitted he and his boys didn't perform well and that he's willing to make changes if given the chance), so why are you fuming in the mouth as if amodu r.ap.p, ed your sister and ass-bleeped you? you can rake from now till 2099, but you don't have a say when it comes to the nff and amodu.

By the way, before you die of anti-amodu syndrome, you should be aware that Guus is not even vacant (he's tied to the Russian national team for 2 more years), so stop fuming, go get some cold shower, sleep and never watch the SE again. better-still, if you see Amodu at the world-cup as the coach of the SE, you can as well do us and yourself a favor by plucking out your eyes so you don't see him again okay?

eldee:

Yeah . . . but you wouldn't understand since you know so much about football.
Because id[i]i[/i]ots like you in the NFF will never think logically before making decisions.
Rather they'll rather employ a crap coach and put the fate of our football 'in the hands of God', one would think they don't pray in other countries.

You know what . . . I shouldn't be discussing this with you.
Forgive me for thinking your IQ was at least of a positive integer.

I tried not to stoop so low to your level, but then i couldn't resist it, i just needed to give you 10 doses of your medicine, for your information, this is not the time to build any new team, that should be done after 2010 world-cup, what's needed now is a re-reinforcement of the team-list and also the technical crew, whatever needs to be done should be done, but those that worked for the ticket shouldn't be 100% locked out of the worldcup.

finally, after the worldcup, a coach that believes in young talents should be employed and should use 4 years to build the 2014 world-cup team from the pool of players we have. Hiddink spent more than 3 years to raise the S.Korean team at the 2002 worldcup, spending 4 years with Russia, yet couldn't achieve his aim with them. i should forget about that man since he's not even available so why die because of hiddink that's earning $2.1 with the Russian national team?

I should have not even stoop so low in discussing with you, thought your brain was matured enough to see that 5 months is not a nice time to employ a new coach for the worldcup purpose, doing that might spell bigger doom for the SE and Nigeria.

Good night Afarikorodo (Gorimapa) angry angry angry

disappointed to know you are even a mod on NL. angry angry angry angry, go learn some manners.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by honeric01(m): 12:48am On Feb 05, 2010
By the way, come later today, we shall know the decisions taken by the NFF concerning the SE and the technical crew.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by FBS: 8:00am On Feb 05, 2010
@Eldee, honeric01 - Abeg can you guys stop the name calling/insults etc? Thanks. cheesy

@Eldee, I've battled honeric01 on the subject of Guus Hiddink and I think I made him to realise that Guus Ivanovic did wonders with the russian team and still contracted to them till this summer. He took them to the 3rd place match of the Euros and that is their best result in modern times. (spanning more than 20 years). To say Amodu is better than Guus is a CRIME!

A coach is as good as his last result - by this I mean - a coach is deemed a "failure" if he fails to meet his target but again, we all know that there are many other factors that contributes to this aside the ability of the coach himself. What is paramount here is not just the result but his performance/career - i.e his CV.

If going by Hiddink's CV, then sorry who is Amodu?

In the words of JM - A lucky coach is better than a good coach but how far can the SE ride their luck?

The time to get a new coach for the WC is pretty short but does that mean that we should support a tactically redundant coach? Are we going to the WC to make up numbers?

My hope is that if Sia1 takes over, at least maybe he will select not only the younger and more energetic players but also home based since Sir Amodu feels nothing good can come out of our league.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by nonyevivia: 4:36pm On Feb 05, 2010
honeric01:

Bullshit, Has Rijkaard ever coached a national team before? just because he won some laurels as a club coach does not mean he can do that with a national team, remember one thing, he's not going to be given money to buy super-good players like Ronaldinho, Deco and co, so the super eagles is not an error & trial team.
Now, let me ask you some questions, would you be happy if the sweat of your father is enjoyed by someone else?

Amodu was given a mandate to win the worldcup ticket which he did, he was also given the mandate to get to the semi-final of the nations cup, which he did, infact he even won bronze, so IMO, he should be allowed to go to the worldcup since we are not going to the worldcup to win the cup even if we go with SAF, MOURINHO, PEP GURDIOLA AND ANCELOTTI. Siasia should be drafted into the technical crew, they should both take us to the worldcup.
After the worlcup, NFF can as well employed all the above coaches for 2014 worldcup.
Check your records b4 commenting. Rijkaard was coach of Holland to Euro2000. Lost to Italy in Semi's on Penaltys b4 he took the barca job. And the dutch played wonderful footie only outdone by a thorough defensive approach by no other than Dino Zoff.
Success has many friends. When Hiddink lost the WC ticket, why was it that 3 countries, even Argentina, with Maradona as coach, begged him to take them to SA? Why is it that Abramovic penciled him down to replace Ancelloti mid season in case he enters a serious crisis of performance? Why is that he's been linked with the Liverpool and Juve jobs, all high profile? Quite so, we aint really gonna have a chance of lifting the trophy in SA, but at least lets not get whooped by Korea or Greece, or Argentina with a disatrous margin, maybe even break Zaire's record. Mind you, Siasia confessed himself that Kalika is the brains behind his success at both the 07 and 08 tourneys. Why do you think he paid him from his pocket? So, i'd rather take kalika instead. Lets go and leave the tournament with our heads held up high knowing the world tasted the fantastic fruit called 'Naija Flavour'. Turkey were bronze medalists in 2002. Why not us? or you wan compare Hakan Sukur with Kanu in 02?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by nonyevivia: 4:44pm On Feb 05, 2010
FBS:

@Eldee, honeric01 - Abeg can you guys stop the name calling/insults etc? Thanks. cheesy

@Eldee, I've battled honeric01 on the subject of Guus Hiddink and I think I made him to realise that Guus Ivanovic did wonders with the russian team and still contracted to them till this summer. He took them to the 3rd place match of the Euros and that is their best result in modern times. (spanning more than 20 years). To say Amodu is better than Guus is a CRIME![color=#006600][/color]A coach is as good as his last result - by this I mean - a coach is deemed a "failure" if he fails to meet his target but again, we all know that there are many other factors that contributes to this aside the ability of the coach himself. What is paramount here is not just the result but his performance/career - i.e his CV.

If going by Hiddink's CV, then sorry who is Amodu?

In the words of JM - A lucky coach is better than a good coach but how far can the SE ride their luck?

The time to get a new coach for the WC is pretty short but does that mean that we should support a tactically redundant coach? Are we going to the WC to make up numbers?

My hope is that if Sia1 takes over, at least maybe he will select not only the younger and more energetic players but also home based since Sir Amodu feels nothing good can come out of our league.
Nice post. Except that sia1 part. I rate Eguaveon higher. He practically used Eguaveon 03 boys to the 05 tournament, and has been using mecenaries to do the dirty work (kalika), and seems to be too partisan in selection.
Highlighted: thumbs up cheesy wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by snakova(m): 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2010
It would be quite unfair to fire him. But at least he could work under someone, that if if he wont work against him abi? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Breaks Down In Tears At Sweden Comeback Interview (Photos) / Sunday Dare Walks Out On Pinnick, Dikko / John Terry Makes His Aston Villa Debut As He Plays In Pre-Season Friendly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.