Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... (1107 Views)

Joe Igbokwe Answers Nnamdi Kanu Call For A Debate with intellectuals On Biafra. / Nnamdi Kanu Destroys Ohaneze & Calls For Live Debate With Nigeria Intellectuals / Jonathan Did Nothing For Igbos – Amaechi Explodes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by cumbak60: 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2017
This thread is in response to the issue on board. Northerners wants Igbos out, and Yorubas are not hiding their disdain for the Igbos, either. Nnamdi Kanu was vocal on Biafra, but his method and antics, attracted lots of hate and resentment from Nigerians. Perhaps, that was exactly his overall objective, attract hate and make them push Igbos out of the federation.
Respect to Nnamdi Kanu, even though I'm not in tune with his methods and ideology. Some of his ideologies on country formation is completely alien and ridiculous, especially on the "two wrapper" principle (Igbos can relate better). These, among others makes me cringe on his idea of Biafra.

Going by recent events, and threats coming from Arewa Youths, I think its high time Igbo intellectuals converge and chart the way forward. Yes, I support the idea of crafting a new entity for the Igbo people. My entire existence, I have learnt to tell myself the truth, void of pretense. Base on historical data and events over the years, I can categorically say, the Igbos are the most hated group in Nigeria. So no need to keep lying to ourselves that all is well. All is not well. Its only in Nigeria that a call to self-determination breeds hate and threat to existence. If not, why should the issue of referendum call for expulsion from Northern territory? Will Nigerians be stopped from owning properties and business in Biafra if its actualized? The answer is no. Nigerians will always be Nigerians.

Where are people like Charles Soludo, Pat Utomi, Ben Nwabueze.... etc? time to take the bull by the horn. The need to converge and create a new destiny for our future generation is now. Kanu has played his part. Visionaries and pragmatic minds need to take over and chart a new course for the Igbo nation. We need Biafra, and we need it on platter of peace and tranquility. #referendumLoading.

God Bless Ndi'Igbo
God Bless Biafra.

cc: ngozi123, pazienza, igboid, nonaira, ikechukwu, freemancipation, afam4vever, joeprince123, hammer06, agumbakembu, and all Igbo son on this forum. Share build the momentum. Let it get our people to act now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by cumbak60: 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
Please, take your time and go through this thread. This reveals the average mindset of Nigerians towards Indi'Igbo. They killed 3 millions of our mothers and children, and if given the chance they will do more. We must avoid the repeat of 1966. Yes, we need Biafra, but it must come through peaceful a means. The means this time around justifies the end.

https://www.nairaland.com/3870303/northern-youths-write-osinbajo-beg
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by yomi007k(m): 2:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
Will Nigerians be stopped from owning properties and business in Biafra if its actualized? The answer is no.

....but how many properties Nigerians get for biafra sef? Una dey allow person own properties?

Dont worry dey will forfeit it as long as u forfeit yours.

Deal!

7 Likes

Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by johnserek: 3:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
yomi007k:
Will Nigerians be stopped from owning properties and business in Biafra if its actualized? The answer is no.

....but how many properties Nigerians get for biafra sef? Una dey allow person own properties?

Deal!

You can keep all the Yoruba properties in Biafra we don't want them back

3 Likes

Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by yomi007k(m): 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnserek:

Cool grin
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by cumbak60: 3:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
yomi007k:

Deal!
Are you sure you understood the bold?
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by cumbak60: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
Any Yoruba that comes here to start unnecessary fight is plagued with insecurity.

1 Like

Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by johnserek: 3:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
cumbak60:
Any Yoruba that comes here to start unnecessary fight is plagued with insecurity.
It's not a fight
We want you out
We don't want any foreigners in our land
Intra tribal kids can hold one passport so they can chose one side
You can have all our properties
We will give up our interest in oil and gas in Nd
Do the same and forget about your interest in old Nigeria
when we. Settle we can allow 500 biafrans visit Odua per year

8 Likes

Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by cumbak60: 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnserek:

It's not a fight
We want you out
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by yomi007k(m): 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2017
cumbak60:

Are you sure you understood the bold?

Yup....

Dont worry, u will get ur Biafra n everything dt comes with it.
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by johnserek: 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
cumbak60:

This thread is not address to Yorubas, so why are you this unsecured? Don't bother to answer, cuz, this is the last response you'll get from me.

Take your Biafra
Since you want to end Nigeria
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by cumbak60: 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2017
obailalah, I sight you. Your opinion counts. Because the situation affects you one way or the order. What sayest thou?
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by Ngokafor(f): 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnserek:

..You are talking to your fellow yoruba clown...read and digest properly next time.
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by Ngokafor(f): 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnserek:

It's not a fight
We want you out

...So what concrete efforts are you making to have an Odua republic??.,cos i see only meaningless rants from you all
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by cumbak60: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2017
Ngokafor:

..You are talking to your fellow yoruba clown...read and digest properly next time.
Agu Nwayi, sorry I did not cc you. That clown should be ignored. But, its high time our people take action so that we will not be taken unaware.
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by Ngokafor(f): 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
cumbak60:

Agu Nwayi, sorry I did not cc you. That clown should be ignored. But, its high time our people take action so that we will not be taken unaware.

..I agree whole-heartedly...even though some are still in lalaland,but a number of our people are keying in and doing the needful.
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by Noneroone(m): 3:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
cumbak60:
This thread is in response to the issue on board. Northerners wants Igbos out, and Yorubas are not hiding their disdain for the Igbos, either. Nnamdi Kanu was vocal on Biafra, but his method and antics, attracted lots of hate and resentment from Nigerians. Perhaps, that was exactly his overall objective, attract hate and make them push Igbos out of the federation.
Respect to Nnamdi Kanu, even though I'm not in tune with his methods and ideology. Some of his ideologies on country formation is completely alien and ridiculous, especially on the "two wrapper" principle (Igbos can relate better). These, among others makes me cringe on his idea of Biafra.

Going by recent events, and threats coming from Arewa Youths, I think its high time Igbo intellectuals converge and chart the way forward. Yes, I support the idea of crafting a new entity for the Igbo people. My entire existence, I have learnt to tell myself the truth, void of pretense. Base on historical data and events over the years, I can categorically say, the Igbos are the most hated group in Nigeria. So need to keep lying to ourselves that all is well. All is not well. Its only in Nigeria that a call for self-determination breeds hate and threat to existence. If not, why should the issue of referendum call for expulsion from Northern territory? Will Nigerians be stopped from owning properties and business in Biafra if its actualized? The answer is no. Nigerians will always be Nigerians.

Where are people like Charles Soludo, Pat Utomi, Ben Nwabueze.... etc? time to take the bull by the horn. The need to converge and create a new destiny for our future generation is now. Kanu has played his part. Visionaries and pragmatic minds need to take over and chart a new course for the Igbo nation. We need Biafra, and we need it on platter of peace and tranquility. #referendumLoading.

God Bless Ndi'Igbo
God Bless Biafra.

cc: ngozi123, pazienza, igboid, nonaira, ikechukwu, freemancipation, afam4vever, joeprince123, hammer06, agumbakembu, and all Igbo son on this forum. Share build the momentum. Let it get our people to act now.
these people you mentioned like Ben nwabueze, Ekwueme etc I am sure Kanu is in touch with them. infact i am sure that aside sit-at-home, one of the things that fueled northern frustration was Kanu's consultation with those Igbo leaders after his release.

2 Likes

Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
In my opinion the hate has always existed and has nothing to do the Kanu's approach. If Kanu came with a meek approach these people will still find something else to hold as an excuse. They will probably say ''aaah yesterday MASSOB, now IPOB, and why cannot these Igbo people unify their struggle and Nigerians will listen''. We don't have to make our agitation palatable for these people because their opposition is not because we wronged them. Their opposition is the outcome of the clash of values systems. No amount of docile approach will appease them. What they dislike is in our way of life which we are born with. The only way is to be completely Igbo in our approach so that their stiff and stubborn necks will at the appointed time bend or break. I know it is possible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by Noneroone(m): 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnserek:

agbo wouldn't be very useful in Biafra
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by johnserek: 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
Ngokafor:

...So what concrete efforts are you making to have an Odua republic??.,cos i see only meaningless rants from you all

Igbos will be delusional to think they will leave Nigeria and want it to be one so they can keep on enjoying lagos and abuja Mba everyone will simply do their seperate ways

2 Likes

Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
They have imported disease into our land to distract us from Biafraa. Our people...this wicked people will do anything to dissaude us from this struggle, including murdering us.
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by johnserek: 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
Noneroone:
agbo wouldn't be very useful in Biafra

Good keep the Agbo
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by cumbak60: 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
Noneroone:
these people you mentioned like Ben nwabueze, Ekwueme etc I am sure Kanu is in touch with them. infact i am sure that aside sit-at-home, one of the things that fueled northern frustration was Kanu's consultation with those Igbo leaders after his release.
Good, but since nobody wants to listen to the voice of dialog, then the needful should be done.
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by potent5(m): 3:59pm On Jun 19, 2017
Observing on behalf of the United Nations.
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by johnserek: 4:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
Cowardly igbos shaking at the voice of northern Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by cumbak60: 4:16pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnserek:
Cowardly igbos shaking at the voice of northern Nigeria
Nobody is a coward. You and your president single handily made Nnamdi Kanu popular. I only knew about the existence of the guy soon after his arrest. If you 're had ignored him, may be, his lack of popular support would have silenced him, over time, now reverse is the case.
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by marooh: 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2017
Ibo are still preparing?
Ok continue to prepare till thy kingdom come

Next cool
Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by johnserek: 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
cumbak60:

Nobody is a coward. You and your president single handily made Nnamdi Kanu popular. I only knew about the existence of the guy soon after his arrest. If you 're had ignored him, may be, his lack of popular support would have silenced him, over time, now reverse is the case.

We should ignore someone that incites against other tribes
Well his antics have worked and the whole country wants you out

1 Like

Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by cumbak60: 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnserek:

We should ignore someone that incites against other tribes
Well his antics have worked and the whole country wants you out
Ok we 've heard you, now can you quietly sit your ass down and watch event play out accordingly?

1 Like

Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by johnserek: 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
cumbak60:

Ok we 've heard you, now can you quietly sit your ass down and watch event play out accordingly?

Watching in 3D
Don't unity beg niger delta

2 Likes

Re: Time For Igbos Intellectuals To Converge And Take Action..... by cumbak60: 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
johnserek:

Watching in 3D
Don't unity beg niger delta
You still managed to sneak in Niger Delta. As usual, you guys are already fond of using the scare tactics of "go with your five states", when you're clearly loosing an argument. Listen up, Niger Delta core is also peopled by indigenous Igbo people, e.g Etche, Omuma Asa/Ndoki, Egbema, Anioma, and even Ikwerre. If these group choose to go with their Igbos kins, who are you to challenge them? So bro, chill and let events play out.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

See New Evidence Proving That Igbos And Her Neighbors Originate From One Source / Nnamdi Kanu Takes Joe Igbokwe To The Cleaners / Thugs Hired To Pray For Buhari Accuse Organizers Of Pocketing Their Pay. (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.