Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. (5312 Views)

Let Talk Words In Emotions / PLEASE DELETE POST @MODERATOR @seun / Girl Talk: Let's Talk Girl Power! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 7:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hi everyone. Today, I've joined my Boss, Obinnau, in making this section a place worthy of visiting.
So in order to rebrand this section, the first step is to discuss what can be done to improve this place..

I'll so much appreciate your contributions.

6 Likes

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Kusibe77(m): 7:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
welcome as a mod,
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 7:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
Kusibe77:
welcome as a mod,
Thanks baba

1 Like

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
Congratulations Bro

First of all, get rid of all incomplete stories that have not been updated in the last 6months old .

2 Likes

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 7:53pm On Jun 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Congratulations Bro

First of all, get rid of all incomplete stories that have not been updated in the last 6months old .
Lol.. We'll find an improved way of doing it.
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Lleigh(f): 7:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Congratulations Bro

While I appreciate the sentiment, regarding incomplete stories. Some or most people have a day job. As a few people have mentioned we don't have authors in residence that get paid.

But I will say I appreciate the people who took the time to put fingers to keyboard. In spite of everything going on in your lives you still write.

Don't be too harsh please. Just my thoughts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 8:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lleigh:

While I appreciate the sentiment, regarding incomplete stories. Some or most people have a day job. As a few people have mentioned we don't have authors in residence that get paid.

But I will say I appreciate the people who took the time to put fingers to keyboard. In spite of everything going on in your lives you still write.

This is really good.
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lleigh:

That's why I said 6 months.

Just as they're not paid to write, they have an obligation to finish what they started. After all we readers too have day jobs don't we?.but we take out time to read these stories and comment and applaud the author,only for the author to just abandon the story and in some cases start a new one. How do they want we the readers to take them serious?.

We have to put sentiments aside and be realistic. It's not nice.

It's always the same line of "we are not being paid to post on Nairaland". Well if you're not being paid keep your story, complete it, publish for people to buy. After all there are thousands of writers off NL who write. Sally Dazie is not on NL now is she?..No.

I'm not being harsh, I'm just airing my opinion because honestly,this particular problem is why I stopped reading a lot of stories on NL.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
First of all,i'll lyk to congratulate you bro.d tinz i think should be done to improve this section are(1)The best writer,story,reader,literaturelander,mr.literatureland,mrs.literatureland of the year award should be resumed.itz nt compulsory dat any price should b involved bt it should be done so as to encourage readers,authors and literaturelanders in general to be committed to d section.it will also encourage guest readers to join NL.(2)I think sum of our stories should be taken to the first page once in a while.I bliv it will endear maw Nlanders to the literature section.Thanks.Cheers!cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Lleigh(f): 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Just as they're not paid to write, they have an obligation to finish what they started. After all we readers too have day jobs don't we?.but we take out time to read these stories and comment and applaud the author,only for the author to just abandon the story and in some cases start a new one. How do they want we the reader's to take them serious?.

It's always the same line of "we are not being paid to post on Nairaland". Well if you're not being paid keep your story, complete it, publish for people to buy. After all there are thousands of writers off NL who write. Sally Dazie is not on NL now is she?..No.

I'm not being harsh, I'm just airing my opinion because honestly,this particular problem is why I stopped reading a lot of stories on NL.

That is true JeffreyJamez i do see where you are coming from. Creativity can't be rushed sometimes.
I agree six months is optimal, if you lose your muse hopefully that is enough time to find it grin

One story caught my eye when I first stumbled upon nairaland it still isn't finished after 3 years smiley
But I always go back to it .

Divepen1 over to you

2 Likes

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lleigh:

That is true JeffreyJamez i do see where you are coming from. Creativity can't be rushed sometimes.
I agree six months is optimal, if you lose your muse hopefully that is enough time to find it grin

One story caught my eye when I first stumbled upon nairaland it still isn't finished after 3 years smiley

Divepen1 over to you

3 years fam! sad

That's just sad
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
boffinjay:
First of all,i'll lyk to congratulate you bro.d tinz i think should be done to improve this section are(1)The best writer,story,reader,literaturelander,mr.literatureland,mrs.literatureland of the year award should be resumed.itz nt compulsory dat any price should b involved bt it should be done so as to encourage readers,authors and literaturelanders in general to be committed to d section.it will also encourage guest readers to join NL.(2)I think sum of our stories should be taken to the first page once in a while.I bliv it will endear maw Nlanders to the literature section.Thanks.Cheers!cheesy
Okay.. This will be considered.
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 8:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lleigh:

Divepen1 over to you

Hmm.. This is pathetic .. God will help us.
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
Divepen1:
Okay.. This will be considered.
aiit.tnx.we'll b lukin 4ward to dat.
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Ishilove: 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Just as they're not paid to write, they have an obligation to finish what they started. After all we readers too have day jobs don't we?.but we take out time to read these stories and comment and applaud the author,only for the author to just abandon the story and in some cases start a new one. How do they want we the readers to take them serious?.

Gerrarahere, mehn! angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Lleigh(f): 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2017
Divepen1:
Hmm.. This is pathetic .. God will help us.

I know but we can't complain smiley

We just need to make the literature section the place to be.

The other thing could be fear of plagiarism; why rush to complete when someone will rip off your work as their own.

1 Like

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
Lleigh:

I know but we can't complain smiley

We just need to make the literature section the place to be.

The other thing could be fear of plagiarism; why rush to complete when someone will rip off your work as their own.

Well making it a place to be requires a lot of creative idea.
The other thing is just reorientation.
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2017
Ishilove:

Gerrarahere, mehn! angry

Iyawo nylon bag grin tongue

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2017
This was my fave section,,,, buh after that NL crash it's like some top writers lost their stories and refuse to restart/complete them. Please go to their houses and beg them to finish or ban them angry angry

1 Like

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Blessytee(f): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
congrats sir
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2017
Anonylander:
This was my fave section,,,, buh after that NL crash it's like some top writers lost their stories and refuse to restart/complete them. Please go to their houses and beg them to finish or ban them angry angry
Lol.. No vex..

I'll open a thread to get update on our Favourite Missing Writers
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2017
Blessytee:
congrats sir
Thanks Blessytee
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
Divepen1:
Lol.. No vex..
I'll open a thread to get update on our Favourite Missing Writers
https://www.nairaland.com/3871369/get-updates-favourite-missing-writer#57673059
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by hardeycute(m): 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2017
Congrats.Don't get power drunk like others
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by akinkudin: 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
Nice one... try if you can ban another mod hehehe
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
hardeycute:
Congrats.Don't get power drunk like others
Thanks and advice noted.
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
akinkudin:
Nice one... try if you can ban another mod hehehe
Lol..
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by chukslawrence(m): 7:24am On Jun 20, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Seconded

Seconded
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by Divepen1(m): 7:28am On Jun 20, 2017
chukslawrence:
Seconded
Noted
Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:17am On Jun 20, 2017
Congrats Divepen.

Like I said try to bring life to the section without bias like some of us did. You don't want to be called hitler or Gadaffi and all those ugly names.

And to the op who has an issue with unfinished stories, tough luck. None of the writers begged anyone to read and they took thier time to actually come up with a good story.

Besides Seun allows anyone to post anything here so who gave anyone a right to delete peope's stuff? Do you know how long it takes to produce a good story? Maybe some of us should start writing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A New Moderator Is In Town. Let's Talk. by rachealfst(f): 11:53am On Jun 20, 2017
Congrats sir, more wisdom and strength to you. The issue I'd like you to address is plaglarism​.
I was opportuned to talk with some NL writers. The major reasons behind the unfinished stories is nothing but plagliarism.

Nairaland: literature section to be precised is now a platform where plaglarists stroll in and lift writer's work. Some plaglarist even changed the title of the story just as not to draw attention.
E.g my own story "Wrong Number" now has more than 10 authors. Infact they made it into ebook in their names.
There is no writer that will be happy to complete a story is such situations.

There was a time I reported to one of the mods that someone plagliarized my story right here, on this same nairaland (romance section) and he didn't do anything about it till date.

I don't know if there is any way that we can address the issue, maybe a law(lol) or something that protects NL stories.
I know anything we post here is at the Op's risk but I think if things continue like this, most of our great writers here may withdraw.

IMO

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Other Side Of Love / I Hate You Patrick / The Teenage Lifestyle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.