Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? (43868 Views)

OAU Students Sing 'Soapy' In Class, Lecturer Looks On / OAU Students Knelt Down To Write Their MEE 203 Exam / A Male And Female OAU Students Die (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by adetayo234: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2017
DieBuhari:
Yoruba youths and corruption are like Buhari and illness

Another blind fool is born.
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by bholuwatifhe(m): 8:26am On Jun 20, 2017
INTERMAN:
It is currently causing controversy on social media. The Students union president was condemn for buying such an ugly bus for 3Million naira. Some said the ever dynamic OAU Students' union will reject this bus as a gift not to talk of buying it themselves while others condemn it for not befitting the image of a Union as that of Great Ife. What do you think?

undecided They No Fear God...Chai There Parliament Session Badt!
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by wristbangle: 8:29am On Jun 20, 2017
This bus (which is tokunbo) is btw N1.7million to N2million with custom papers, etc. Where is the rest N1million at least? After we will be saying our leaders are corrupt. It all starts from grassroot. Smh
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 20, 2017
INTERMAN:
It is currently causing controversy on social media. The Students union president was condemn for buying such an ugly bus for 3Million naira. Some said the ever dynamic OAU Students' union will reject this bus as a gift not to talk of buying it themselves while others condemn it for not befitting the image of a Union as that of Great Ife. What do you think?

And someone will now be opening mouth to condemn N200 million grass cutting contract. This is where it all started. Which kind of thiefry is this one kwa biko nu? N800,000 but wey no even clean someone is paying N3000,000 for? But why?
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by wristbangle: 8:34am On Jun 20, 2017
laribari:
Of cos there is corruption everywhere even at grassroot now, so it's apparent that money has been embezzled there.

I understand it is a Mercedes-Benz product and their cars are usually very strong, expensive and durable. However, the question is was it bought brand new or akube. The picture may be old now but could have been bought long before now.

That should determine if it's a hit or miss.

Which Mercedes? This is Toyota Hi ace shaft bus of 97 model sef.
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by izzou(m): 8:40am On Jun 20, 2017
galaxi:
If it 1999 model don't you know there is 2017 model of the same bus?
The 2017 model goes for upto 20m.
I still maintain that the bus is worth 3m,visit any car dealer and make enquiries.

Please stop typing what you don't know.

That bus costs 1.3-1.5 million max. No 1997 product will cost 3 million for tokunbo

Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by marooh: 8:43am On Jun 20, 2017
N3m for nigeria used bus? cry
There is allah kiss
Abeg buyer share us the money we don't need the motor again
grin
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by mechanics(m): 8:46am On Jun 20, 2017
It does not worth the price at all.
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 20, 2017
Ajewealth123:
if you don't understand what budget padding is,
That's a clear example
I fear the youths of nowadays more than all these old fools.
If they can buy this at 3m, then they will buy a brand new prado for 600m

I guess you haven't bought a Toyota Hiace before , that bus ranges from 2.8million to 4.2million. Depending on the length ( short or long chassis ) , engine ( 4 or 5 plugs ) and other features , that bus can be as high as 4million.

2 Likes

Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 20, 2017
U must be kidding!
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by joenor(m): 8:50am On Jun 20, 2017
How many of this bus he buy for such an amount? na wah, if he buy 2 new toyota hires for such an amount person for understand, nor this vigilantee bus, abi Bakasi bus for that amount.... Christ is coming pretty soon
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by lanre377: 8:50am On Jun 20, 2017
iamthetruth:
EFCC will not see this one...
Efcc is busy dealing with there ogas at the tops. This one na small corruption na grin grin Naija my country!!!
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 20, 2017
laribari:
I understand it is a Mercedes-Benz product

It is a Toyota Hiace traveller
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by mokwue(f): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2017
What will happen if the SU President becomes a National Leader, today?
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Ajewealth123(m): 8:53am On Jun 20, 2017
neoapocalypse:

I guess you haven't bought a Toyota Hiace before , that bus ranges from 2.8million to 4.2million. Depending on the length ( short or long chassis ) , engine ( 4 or 5 plugs ) and other features that bus can be as high as 4million.
and is that a toyota hiace?
That bus over there is used in distributing pure water and even those one's are still durable and better than that trash.
Are you supporting them for buying this scrap metal for 3m?
Do you even know what 3m is?
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 20, 2017
Awoo88:
That bus no reach 800k. Corrupt people every where. Small children trying to outdo Aregbesola and co

Bros if you can get me that bus as Tokunboh for 1.5million naira I will pay right away

That bus ( seeing that it is the long chassis ) isn't anywhere less than 2.8 million naira for Tokunboh , if it is Naija used but in good condition you can get it for 1.8 - 2 million
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by lonelydora: 8:55am On Jun 20, 2017
Why e come carry Mercedes wheel cover?
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 20, 2017
marooh:
N3m for nigeria used bus? cry There is allah kiss Abeg buyer share us the money we don't need the motor again grin
Show some respect, bro.
Allah,,,,,,,,,& not allah.
No offence
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Horbah1(m): 8:58am On Jun 20, 2017
That guy looking for cheap wealth

Check who O.A.U has produced as a transgender through the link and like the page for more update

https://mobile.facebook.com/Manlipz-Entertainments-Worldwide-633186673418444/?_rdr
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 20, 2017
Ajewealth123:
and is that a toyota hiace?
That bus over there is used in distributing pure water and even those one's are still durable and better than that trash.
Are you supporting them for buying this scrap metal for 3m?
Do you even know what 3m is?

Please I implore you to go to Berger auto Mart or anywhere Tokunboh buses are sold and ask for this particular brand of bus , do that before you come and castigate anyone , have your facts right first before you comment.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by JKisOK(m): 9:02am On Jun 20, 2017
For some of us typing what we don't know, I challenge you to go to the automart to find out how much this type of Tokunbo bus sells for. Because of our falling Naira since Buhari's era fell upon us, the prices of these things have risen sky-high. It is worth N3m. If there is corrupt padding at all, it would not be more than N500,00 to N750,000 max. We should not prejudge people and crucify them without any recourse to objectivity. Yesterday, I budgeted N17,000 for a 75amps car battery that I bought for around N12,000 barely two years ago. Guess how much the seller said it was...N25,000 for the Chinese and N32,000 for the Korean. That is present-day Nigeria for you. So wake up dear.

1 Like

Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 20, 2017
ayodijex:
3m as in what does the 'm' stand for?.

please explain cos it can't be Million.
don't mind them joor. M stands for mileage. It means the vehicle can travel 3 miles in 3 days
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by billy187(m): 9:04am On Jun 20, 2017
galaxi:
Going through all the comments made me understand that some people just post comments on subjects they know nothing about.
That is a toyota haice bus and looks like it was bought fairly used(direct tokumbo).
It is worth that amount! Go check the price around before saying thrash!
The brand new goes for close to 20m!
That bus is worth 3m!

I patiently scrolled through, looking for someone that at least knows what he's talking about. I guess you are the first person I met. Most of the loudmouths here have probably never bought car air freshener, let alone a car.

2 Likes

Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 20, 2017
No wonder our old politicians do not want youths to be there because they know we'll do worse. Even someone I know but careful never to mention his name can't buy this for 700k
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 20, 2017
galaxi:
Going through all the comments made me understand that some people just post comments on subjects they know nothing about.
That is a toyota haice bus and looks like it was bought fairly used(direct tokumbo).
It is worth that amount! Go check the price around before saying thrash!
The brand new goes for close to 20m!
That bus is worth 3m!

Thank you brother

I'm in the transport biz and I priced a few of this buses about 2 months ago ( Tokunboh o not new ) , the least I saw was 2.5 million ( short chassis and comes without seats ) and the highest was 4.2million
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by whizcartel(m): 9:10am On Jun 20, 2017
I feel it's the color and the tires on the bus that gave it the impression of ugly. You can't get a bus that is "beautiful" at 3M. uhn uhn, No way sir.
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Fearcom(m): 9:23am On Jun 20, 2017
Ajewealth123:
if you don't understand what budget padding is,
That's a clear example
I fear the youths of nowadays more than all these old fools.
If they can buy this at 3m, then they will buy a brand new prado for 600m

kikikikikikiki
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by emmaitive(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2017
and u say sombori is fytin kworuption kwontinue
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Awoo88: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Bros if you can get me that bus as Tokunboh for 1.5million naira I will pay right away

That bus ( seeing that it is the long chassis ) isn't anywhere less than 2.8 million naira for Tokunboh , if it is Naija used but in good condition you can get it for 1.8 - 2 million
That bus doesn't look any thing that can be but for 1.5million less alone 2.8million. Look at that bus closely and plz tell if that look like direct tokunbo? That look like a bus some of the struggling private nursery schools yes for transport
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by PraiseJesus24: 9:28am On Jun 20, 2017
I think the bus is specially designed for OAU excos. it must be bullet proof. lol.... grin
Re: The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 20, 2017
Awoo88:

That bus doesn't look any thing that can be but for 1.5million less alone 2.8million. Look at that bus closely and plz tell if that look like direct tokunbo? That look like a bus some of the struggling private nursery schools yes for transport

The bus is already in use , surely it was not bought the day that picture was taken as evident from the inscriptions on it. Yes I believe the bus was bought Tokunboh and it can not be less than 2.8million

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Covenant University Aspirants Thread -2016/2017 Session / 2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Admission Guide: Questions & Answers / Enwere Kingsley Ikenna Wins National Maths Competition (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.