Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo (15359 Views)

Yoruba Nation Should Forget 2023 Tinubu's Presidency - Nnamdi Kanu / The Igbo Nation Should Forget The Politics Of Nigeria And Focus On Independence / Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by veacea: 10:06am On Jun 20, 2017
Make una agree oooooooo, I dey come
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by petkoffdrake2(m): 10:07am On Jun 20, 2017
Lies from hungry politicians

2 Likes

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by bonechamberlain(m): 10:08am On Jun 20, 2017
na wa o, 'we'

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 20, 2017
When i was younger i use to believe in the country Nigeria

but now I'm wiser,

put in mind that amalgamation was as a result of the crown selfishness to fund projects in the north from her pocket when the north was not generating enough IGR as against the blooming South

so they felt why not fund the North with the South excesses by bringing them together as is still existent today and then Nigeria happened

the north are chanting one Nigeria because oil hasn't been discovered in the Chad basin. the day it happens they will call for immediate disintegration.

even our founding fathers never loved themselves not even Zik that schooled in the western world

the north has already threatened that they won't allow a southern President come 2019

If Ipob and kanu are wise, instead of enemies, make allies with the west. when both put their voices for the disintegration of this country, the reaction will quicken.

4 Likes

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 20, 2017
what a joke!

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Kingxway: 10:10am On Jun 20, 2017
Oh yes Mr. Ag. President but our politicians agree more on enriching themselves with our national cake

That's the problem

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by DollarAngel(m): 10:10am On Jun 20, 2017
HOW MANY AGREED

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by chudi55: 10:12am On Jun 20, 2017
See his bared hair and his swolled eyes be surrounded by the fulani juju, we're are the so called Igbo leaders of thoughts....?

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Ofemmanu1: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2017
Billyonaire:
Who is 'We' ?
Sane Nigerians.
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 20, 2017
You are having dinner and expecting those who don't have to remain one This is the case of Politicians against People.

Until Biafra is restored Nigeria will never be one.

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by balayoflife(m): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2017
A national conference would be d solution.

A HONDA CRV is up for sale N720k. Pls contact 08184348211 or 07068866162

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by AreaFada2: 10:18am On Jun 20, 2017
People should remind VP Osinbajo of Amos 3:3 "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

I thought he was a pastor.

5 Likes

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by luvinhubby(m): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2017
9jakohai:
Nigeria shall be one...for one simple reason

THE MINORITY TRIBES

(I am from a minority tribe....so I declare my interest).

Now, minorities are getting a raw deal from Nigeria as it is. But splitting Nigeria will leave the minorities at the mercy of the big tribes. And no minority tribe wants that.

Second, access to the sea. The North will lose access to the sea...Biafra will lose access to the sea since SS does not want to join with them. Only Odua got access to sea.

Third....RESOURCES. Nigeria is resource dependent....and in the event of a split....THERE WILL BE A BIG RESOURCE FIGHT. No use pretending there won't be one.

I know Naija na contraption....but the alternative is far worse.

My friend, the seeming tribal boundaries is a creation of the military for the sole purpose of divide and rule.

Simple truth is that Nigeria is 36 federating state structure held together by oil wealth and nothing more. We were all living together happily as regions, with the core South-south and South-east living in harmony, likewise other regions till the 1967 Gowon misadventure of 12 states.

Truth be told, we made better progress as nation under regions than this lousy state structure.

I believe Nigeria can live together in harmony, but we must renegotiate our terms of coexistence and restructure this bogus entity.

3 Likes

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by magoo10(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2017
politicians never agree Nigeria has a big problem as long as they keep sharing the national cake. the gap between the rich and poor is too high and intact Nigeria is gradually sliding into a capitalist economy where few people control and accumulate larger wealth.

3 Likes

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Abfinest007(m): 10:22am On Jun 20, 2017
since you people have agreed to b one then start treating every citizens equal

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 20, 2017
luvinhubby:

My friend, the seeming tribal boundaries is a creation of the military for the sole purpose of divide and rule.

Simple truth is that Nigeria is 36 federating state structure held together by oil wealth and nothing more. We were all living together happily as regions, with the core South-south and South-east living in harmony, likewise other regions till the 1967 Gowon misadventure of 12 states.

Truth be told, we made better progress as nation under regions than this lousy state structure.

I believe Nigeria can live together in harmony, but we must renegotiate our terms of coexistence and restructure this bogus entity.

I think we should renegotiate too...

But my problem with renegotiation Nigeria...is that it still boils down to one thing....HOW we share oil money.

And therein lies the problem.

1.Strong nations are not resource-dependent nations.(And before you shout Saudi Arabia....I will shout that in the last two years they have lost $150bn due to low oil prices)
2.Strong nations are reliant on being productive via industries.

In my opinion, before we can renegotiate Nigeria....we have to fix our resource dependency problem.Because if we do not, there is going to be one big fight over resources.....and believe you me, you won't like it.Neither would I.

4 Likes

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by DozieInc(m): 10:28am On Jun 20, 2017
#RestructureNigeria

I think its time for the basis of our unity be re-negotiated, cos this present system is a case of "one step forward, two steps backwards" .

What happened to the 2014 confab report?

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by islandmoon: 10:29am On Jun 20, 2017
At the start of the 19th century Ilorin was a border town in the northeast of the Oyo Empire, with a mainly Yoruba population but with many Hausa and Fulani immigrants. It was the headquarters of an Oyo General, Afonja, who rebelled against the empire and helped bring about its collapse with the assistance of the Fulani.[1] The rebellion was powered by Nupe and Bornu Moslem slaves.[2] Afonja had been assisted by Salih Janta, also called Shehu Alimi, a leader of the local Fulani. In 1824 Afonja was assassinated and Alimi's son Abdusalami became Emir.[3] Ilorin became an emirate of the Sokoto Caliphate.[1]

2 Likes

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by intruxive(m): 10:29am On Jun 20, 2017
Fake sunglass, before you and your kins start masturbating on this thread, take note osibanjor is just doing his job.
If there is anything we all agree on right now, it is that u parasites should just be gone already to your utopia, we dont care if u do referendum or ultimatum oh, ur parasitic as.s is not welcome in nigeria anymore
And u cant decide whether to stop feeding on everyone else, that opportunity is gone.
Nigerians hv conducted their own referandum and decided its time to push out the trash, bye
#october 1

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by ezeokechukwu738: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2017
Imagine him say "we all agreed to be one" who agreed n how. Pls give us a referendum to ascertain that

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by swedbase(m): 10:33am On Jun 20, 2017
I am starting to hate this short man. Osibanjo

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by jchioma: 10:37am On Jun 20, 2017
Well, we are all for a peaceful Nigeria where justice, equality and prosperity reigns and evil (as enshrined in our laws) is given swift punishment.

CheapSunglass:

Acting President gives an overall view, so far, of his ongoing consultations over ethnic agitations and exchanges between groups in the North and South-East

While at it, the Acting President should also give us a review of the report of long ago concluded investigation into the sacked SGF and suspended NIA boss, which he promised months ago.

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by luvinhubby(m): 10:38am On Jun 20, 2017
9jakohai:

I think we should renegotiate too...

But my problem with renegotiation Nigeria...is that it still boils down to one thing....HOW we share oil money.

And therein lies the problem.

1.Strong nations are not resource-dependent nations.(And before you shout Saudi Arabia....I will shout that in the last two years they have lost $150bn due to low oil prices)
2.Strong nations are reliant on being productive via industries.

In my opinion, before we can renegotiate Nigeria....we have to fix our resource dependency problem.Because if we do not, there is going to be one big fight over resources.....and believe you me, you won't like it.Neither would I.

I see it differently, we can never resolve our single commodity resource dependency till renegotiate for a restructure as this present structure has been framed to be oil wealth dependant.

It is a very bogus federation loosely held together by monthly and annual sharing of oil wealth from the centre. Once we dismantle this nonsense, every part (whether state or region) will automatically source for means of livelihood and necessity is the mother of innovations.

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Morenikeji070: 10:46am On Jun 20, 2017
Good Osibanjo I can't blame some fucking fools on this page coz they so stupid they trynna bleeped shits out of the stupid mouth they no nothing at all if some of you so fucking badass suckass nigga got brain we gonna pray for the unity and best for Nigeria and to that stupid and bumbass so call Biafra leader " Kalu or Kanu " fucking pussy like you, you this stupid biogtry you no nothing than to suck ass hoe pussy trynna grow up and piss off out of Nigeria your brothers don't know u such a frantic and cligy someone but they gonna know someday about your callous heart to them. Imma rest my words.. fool like you Kalu. Osibanjo may God protect and guide . Amen
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by cursedAbiola(f): 10:47am On Jun 20, 2017
i tok am
Osibanjo is a vagabond
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Godfullsam(m): 10:50am On Jun 20, 2017
Nonaira1:
Let that negroe continue making a fool of himself

One Nigeria mu fucking ass.

Who wants to one Nigeria with terrorist and skull miners?
Who was to one Nigeria with a country that is retrogressing faster than a speed of light.

Seriously who wants to one Nigeria when the entire nation is hated, laughed at and completely despised. You know how disgusted I get letting ppl know I hail from Nigeria. Heck even other African nation sees this joke of a shithole s the laughable stock it self. Fucking Ethiopia is better than this shithole calling itself "giant if africa".

Come Oct 1st, we'll see how United Nigeria. Let biafra still be part of this shithole then you'll see the hell will drag this piece of shit through.

You are very correct. Who wants to be in one nigeria with 419ners, drug pushers, baby factories, kidnappers ? No body want to be in one nigeria with some' holier than thou' set of people who have ruined the image of Nigeria both home and abroad through their terrible get-rich-quick dubious life styles.

In fact, no one want to he in one nigeria with Igbos. ..
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by collinsfhk(m): 10:55am On Jun 20, 2017
I submit that it is a very difficult thing to get a leader that will lead without sentiment in Nigeria. Our dear pastor is not left out.

Nigeria has been hijacked by few that every supposed leader that gets in there plays their script.

Still looking forward to a country not this.

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by dokiOloye(m): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2017
wristbangle:

There is iota of truth in your statement boss. People will agree with the fact that the masses are fed up with the country's system. No one can confidently says he/she has enjoyed the country except if they are among the elites. A country in 21st century without stable electricity, inadequate water supply, other basic, social and psychological needs., indeed very shameful.

Mind you, those whom have destroyed this country are not limited to one but from
all geo-political regions.

The agitation for referendum by disgruntled IPOB wings is out of frustration but they made a severed mistake courtesy from their barbaric and pathetic buffoon leader cownu brainwashing them to heap insults on Nigerians forgetting it's our leaders that has failed us.

Sometimes when we look at the leadership of this nation, it's a sober reflection of we the followers. It shows how greedy and corrupt we are in this country.

How I wish the masses in this country can stand as one voice to speak against the injustice and prolonged corruption of our evil leaders but what do we got, tribalism destroying our unity while the elites and their children (hausa, igbos, yoruba, etc) are whirling in wealth
The agitation for referendum by disgruntled IPOB wings is out of frustration but they made a severed mistake courtesy from their barbaric and pathetic buffoon leader cownu brainwashing them to heap insults on Nigerians forgetting it's our leaders that has failed us.

Is it also the leaders that killed more than 1000 southerners and Christians after Buhari's loss in 2011?
Is it the leaders that killed d woman pastor in Kano or d one that was killed 2 weeks ago in Abuja for urinating near a mosque?
FYI info,d man was killed b/cos he was probably standing while urinating as against d Islamic mode of squatting to pee,otherwise we all know that mosques are usually part time urinary cos part of ablution is to pee first and wash ur wee wee

2 Likes

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Fearlez: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2017
CheapSunglass:

lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/agree-nation-remain-one-osinbajo/
Even the pic is discriminatory. Are the northern traditional rulers part of Buhari's administration? What's with siting on same platform with the Acting President, flanking him left and right during conflict resolution gathering.

So the other delegates from the south gets to sit somewhere else and feel the psychological discrimination?

Is Mr Osibanjo a puppet being pulled by nothern puppeteers?

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by ReachHard: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2017
Agree for yourself, Professor.
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by drnoel: 10:57am On Jun 20, 2017
CheapSunglass:

lalasticlala

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/agree-nation-remain-one-osinbajo/

Wait first, I am though no ipob supporter but I don't understand all this talk of remaining one. If u had an agreement with someone sometime in the past and later change ur mind about that agreement. Is it by force that u must stay? Why don't we see Brexit and learn from it. If igbos are all united in one voice and choose to leave, who can stop? No one but themselves. So why all this preaching? Abeg, if they want to go. Let them go. I just shudder at the Azonto traitors like Rochas, Orji uzor and TA Orji to mention a few will play with them.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC's David Jimkuta Defeats Gov Darius Ishaku To Win Taraba South Senate / Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty / Gunmen Invade Rivers Community, Kill Two, Injure Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.