Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,883 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo (15358 Views)

Yoruba Nation Should Forget 2023 Tinubu's Presidency - Nnamdi Kanu / The Igbo Nation Should Forget The Politics Of Nigeria And Focus On Independence / Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by ozowarac: 10:57am On Jun 20, 2017
You and who agreed on that Osinbajo?
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by joe120120(m): 10:59am On Jun 20, 2017
THIS IS NONSENSE.
THE SAME PEOPLE THE SAME EMIRS
FUCKING COUNTRY , FUCKING OBAS FUCKING OHANEZE FUCKING OKOWAS &CO
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by brunofarad(m): 11:02am On Jun 20, 2017
When was the agreement made?

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by gozmok1(m): 11:03am On Jun 20, 2017
CheapSunglass:

lalasticlala
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/agree-nation-remain-one-osinbajo/

YOU AND WHO

MAYBE YOU AND SOME OF YOUR EWEDu brothers MISCREANTS
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Malawian(m): 11:04am On Jun 20, 2017
Yoruba people should call this their abobaku son to order!
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by BABANGBALI: 11:05am On Jun 20, 2017
Who are the WE? Which time I follow una do that? Abeg count me out of the WE
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by fuckpro: 11:14am On Jun 20, 2017
... osinbajo speaking as a public officer and not as a private citizen take note
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by BusyBizzyBoss(m): 11:16am On Jun 20, 2017
Our pastors speak their own words and say is God. we were warned abt them. Let me tell the whole wide world, with this medium that, for what ever thing or decision you take here on earth, God who created heaven and earth is concerned(he cant abandone His creation) and every human action is either His #PERFERCT will or #PERMISSIVE will. For every permissive will of God, you will always be the one begging for things to be right. God will always hear you, but its trouble after trouble. But wen you live a life of His perfect will, goodness and mercy will be on "autopilot" for you. Nigeria is existing on a permissive will of God.

Bishops and Imams keep praying to God to do their will instead of giving God a space for His own will. Human's will had caused more harm dan good. Non of our men of God had said i asked God His will and got so so response.

Everytime we persuade God to unite us, unto our harm. Enough is enough... People must come together to reason for good
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Ezyp(m): 11:22am On Jun 20, 2017
deedeedee1:

There is nothing like "one nigeria". If we are one, we wont need to say it.
I have never heard of "one yoruba" before. This is because we are one and we dont need to say it
WORD!!!!!!
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by donqx: 11:23am On Jun 20, 2017
not with corrupt leaders
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by EvilMetahuman: 11:27am On Jun 20, 2017
Billyonaire:
Who is 'We' ?
yiibo and awusa leaders

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by EvilMetahuman: 11:31am On Jun 20, 2017
ezeokechukwu738:
Imagine him say "we all agreed to be one" who agreed n how. Pls give us a referendum to ascertain that
shey na acting president go give you referendum?

Which kind brain dey pain you people self.

What are your leaders doing?
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by FBIL: 11:31am On Jun 20, 2017
About 99.9% of comments above mine agree the country is not one. If you keep on treating an ailment with different drugs and you're not getting any better, if you actually love yourself and want to live further, then it's time you tried surgery. Nigeria should be restructured now before these Biafra guys attract more sympathy to pull out. We need each other but all should be treated fairly. If a particular region is more competent in making things work, then let that region take the lead while others queue behind to learn. We may just wake up one morning to hear that we are not one country anymore.
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by porozhniy(m): 11:43am On Jun 20, 2017
9jakohai:

I think we should renegotiate too...

But my problem with renegotiation Nigeria...is that it still boils down to one thing....HOW we share oil money.

And therein lies the problem.

1.Strong nations are not resource-dependent nations.(And before you shout Saudi Arabia....I will shout that in the last two years they have lost $150bn due to low oil prices)
2.Strong nations are reliant on being productive via industries.

In my opinion, before we can renegotiate Nigeria....we have to fix our resource dependency problem.Because if we do not, there is going to be one big fight over resources.....and believe you me, you won't like it.Neither would I.
You cannot fix the resource dependency problem under the current structure, 46 yrs of this failed experiment should tell us that.
the 1990 constitution must be set aside to pave way for a new peoples constitution, that immunity clause is a dead weight we need to cast off.
In any Case, I believe the Niger-Delta keeping 60% of it's oil profits will awaken the other regions cos they don't really have much choices.

With the way we're going, I fear restructuring may be too late.
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 11:58am On Jun 20, 2017
i cant really tell when and how you all agreed to remain as one... the fact is that we are done with all this rubbish of one Nigeria.
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 20, 2017
9jakohai:

I think we should renegotiate too...

But my problem with renegotiation Nigeria...is that it still boils down to one thing....HOW we share oil money.

And therein lies the problem.

1.Strong nations are not resource-dependent nations.(And before you shout Saudi Arabia....I will shout that in the last two years they have lost $150bn due to low oil prices)
2.Strong nations are reliant on being productive via industries.

In my opinion, before we can renegotiate Nigeria....we have to fix our resource dependency problem.Because if we do not, there is going to be one big fight over resources.....and believe you me, you won't like it.Neither would I.
Don't you think that this government should look into 2014 national conference reports, and stop bribing/wasting taxpayers money on annoying dinner and unproductive statements?
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by cumbak60: 12:13pm On Jun 20, 2017
wristbangle:

There is iota of truth in your statement boss. People will agree with the fact that the masses are fed up with the country's system. No one can confidently says he/she has enjoyed the country except if they are among the elites. A country in 21st century without stable electricity, inadequate water supply, other basic, social and psychological needs., indeed very shameful.

Mind you, those whom have destroyed this country are not limited to one but from
all geo-political regions.

The agitation for referendum by disgruntled IPOB wings is out of frustration but they made a severed mistake courtesy from their barbaric and pathetic buffoon leader cownu brainwashing them to heap insults on Nigerians forgetting it's our leaders that has failed us.

Sometimes when we look at the leadership of this nation, it's a sober reflection of we the followers. It shows how greedy and corrupt we are in this country.

How I wish the masses in this country can stand as one voice to speak against the injustice and prolonged corruption of our evil leaders but what do we got, tribalism destroying our unity while the elites and their children (hausa, igbos, yoruba, etc) are whirling in wealth
You made some salient points. If only we can sit down on a round table, shoving tribalism and religion aside, and discuss on how to restructure the country to favor all and sundry. If only we can enthrone equity and justice.
In my opinion, after some thinking, I believe IPOB adopted their method on purpose, and its working for them, even though a lots of we Igbos are not in support of their approach. However, if Nigeria must survive this crucial moon, she must be completely overhauled from bottom up. Restructure should be the way forward, if not, lets peacefully divide the country.

2 Likes

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Sainttops(m): 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2017
Before going to bed, I had to eat something. I
opened the fridge and yes, all the things in my
fridge had turned to block; the light had been on for 8 years without going off. I finished eating and went to bed. Oh I have to reduce the speed of this fan, the voltage is so high. I woke up very early in the morning to the sound of classical music. I casually strolled into
the bathroom. Oh! the cold is too much this morning, I turned on the hot-water tap. While towelling myself dry, I turned on the radio and heard the presenter speaking of how Nigeria is now one of the most developed countries in the world and how the Nigerian president
yesterday declared his asset and all he had to boast of was N20 million naira and a duplex in his village. I finished dressing up and took my time to eat. I had no reason to rush, after all the road is always free and there are no potholes. On the way, I saw a few policemen patrolling and I greeted them. I stopped to chat with them for a few minutes about security after which I drove off laughing. In my workplace, I saw some people loitering in the waiting room and discovered they were here to be interviewed. I saw the son of the permanent secretary. I also saw a young man with tattered shoes and patched-up trouser; he graduated recently from one of the government universities, but everyone could testify to the fact that he's brilliant. While going home that day, I saw the man with the tattered shoes smiling and I asked him why.
"Sir, I've been given the job." "What! What of the
Permanent secretary's son, didn't his father call
beforehand?" "No" the man said, "He didn't" That evening, I went out to play in the neighborhood, I saw Adamu and Obinna discussing the recent trend in the country, of how Mallam Danjuma is now the governor of Rivers state, Senator Abifarin Oluwafemi is now the governor in Borno state, Mr Chijioke Godffrey is now the governor of Oyo state. No Godfatherism cause politics is now the most pure game ever with clear instructions. No Boko Boys, No Militant, No Tribalism, No religion war, No favorism, No intimidation, No Robbery, No More Evans like (Adultnap), The talk Niger Delta and Biafra are mere chat at bear parlour and history class. Then I had a Mosquito bite on my nose as I slap the spot, I realised it was a dream. Abeg, give me paracetamol.
But nevertheless this can be achieved if only we can stop what's dividing us and be unite beyond our diversity. Let's be tolerance and brothers keeper. What doesn't kill us should make us stronger and tactical.
One Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by cumbak60: 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
Sainttops:
Before going to bed, I had to eat something. I
opened the fridge and yes, all the things in my
fridge had turned to block; the light had been on for 8 years without going off. I finished eating and went to bed. Oh I have to reduce the speed of this fan, the voltage is so high. I woke up very early in the morning to the sound of classical music. I casually strolled into
the bathroom. Oh! the cold is too much this morning, I turned on the hot-water tap. While towelling myself dry, I turned on the radio and heard the presenter speaking of how Nigeria is now one of the most developed countries in the world and how the Nigerian president
yesterday declared his asset and all he had to boast of was N20 million naira and a duplex in his village. I finished dressing up and took my time to eat. I had no reason to rush, after all the road is always free and there are no potholes. On the way, I saw a few policemen patrolling and I greeted them. I stopped to chat with them for a few minutes about security after which I drove off laughing. In my workplace, I saw some people loitering in the waiting room and discovered they were here to be interviewed. I saw the son of the permanent secretary. I also saw a young man with tattered shoes and patched-up trouser; he graduated recently from one of the government universities, but everyone could testify to the fact that he's brilliant. While going home that day, I saw the man with the tattered shoes smiling and I asked him why.
"Sir, I've been given the job." "What! What of the
Permanent secretary's son, didn't his father call
beforehand?" "No" the man said, "He didn't" That evening, I went out to play in the neighborhood, I saw Adamu and Obinna discussing the recent trend in the country, of how Mallam Danjuma is now the governor of Rivers state, Senator Abifarin Oluwafemi is now the governor in Borno state, Mr Chijioke Godffrey is now the governor of Oyo state. No Godfatherism cause politics is now the most pure game ever with clear instructions. No Boko Boys, No Militant, No Tribalism, No religion war, No favorism, No intimidation, No Robbery, No More Evans like (Adultnap), The talk Niger Delta and Biafra are mere chat at bear parlour and history class. Then I had a Mosquito bite on my nose as I slap the spot, I realised it was a dream. Abeg, give me paracetamol.
But nevertheless this can be achieved if only we can stop what's dividing us and be unite beyond our diversity. Let's be tolerance and brothers keeper. What doesn't kill us should make us stronger and tactical.
One Nigeria
Hahaha, from your first paragraph, I was thinking you are some where in Europe.

1 Like

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by intruxive(m): 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
swedbase:
I am starting to hate this short man. Osibanjo
See all these baby factory children o, hating someone your entire tribe cannot equal.
I dont blame u, they failed massively in u ppls upbringing in that south east
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Okeikpu(m): 1:26pm On Jun 20, 2017
nonsense!
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Turbocharged: 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:
Dis short he goat don come again..What does he mean by we agreed to remain one..You ad who agreed to remain one?Namdi Kanu we know not some ceremonial traditional leaders. Fake pastor. angry
Stop calling people names, for crying out loud. I wonder what you like in real life.
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Skubidude(m): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2017
9jakohai:
Nigeria shall be one...for one simple reason

THE MINORITY TRIBES

(I am from a minority tribe....so I declare my interest).

Now, minorities are getting a raw deal from Nigeria as it is. But splitting Nigeria will leave the minorities at the mercy of the big tribes. And no minority tribe wants that.

Second, access to the sea. The North will lose access to the sea...Biafra will lose access to the sea since SS does not want to join with them. Only Odua got access to sea.

Third....RESOURCES. Nigeria is resource dependent....and in the event of a split....THERE WILL BE A BIG RESOURCE FIGHT. No use pretending there won't be one.

I know Naija na contraption....but the alternative is far worse.

RUBBISH You are too selfish to see beyond ur nose and suppose deprivation.

2 Likes

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by brojoshua: 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2017
But many corrupt people and thugs may not want that.
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by sorry1(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
9jakohai:
Nigeria shall be one...for one simple reason

THE MINORITY TRIBES

(I am from a minority tribe....so I declare my interest).

Now, minorities are getting a raw deal from Nigeria as it is. But splitting Nigeria will leave the minorities at the mercy of the big tribes. And no minority tribe wants that.

Second, access to the sea. The North will lose access to the sea...Biafra will lose access to the sea since SS does not want to join with them. Only Odua got access to sea.

Third....RESOURCES. Nigeria is resource dependent....and in the event of a split....THERE WILL BE A BIG RESOURCE FIGHT. No use pretending there won't be one.

I know Naija na contraption....but the alternative is far worse.
Yoruba Muslim

2 Likes

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Skubidude(m): 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
I hate phrases like 'we ALL agreed', 'MUST be one'

When did we all agreed and why MUST we be one? ehe Mr. VP answer me. Give one good reason to be a proud n patriotic nigerian, just one.

I have been saying this and i wil continue saying it: Nigeria as presently constituted is not working, had never worked and wil never work till Jesus come except the country is either restructured or dissolved let each component go their seperate ways. Failing to do any of this is living in denial and only postponing the evil day. Osibanjo shud continue fooling no one but himself.
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2017
Skubidude:

RUBBISH You are too selfish to see beyond ur nose and suppose deprivation.

My opinion, my comment.

Saying it does not affect your fight for whatever.
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2017
sorry1:
Yoruba Muslim

Well, I am not a Yoruba Muslim, and I just expressed my opinion....did not insult you, just expressed my opinion.

Sorry if I cannot be like you....but Planet Earth does not work that way.

God bless.
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by POULTRYFARMING(m): 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2017
smartty68:
Sometimes I wonder why a country as big as Nigeria would be singing/preaching unity by our leaders yet they're responsible for the crisis we are facing today because of greed, and the tussles for power going as far as performing rituals with human parts!

Anyways, that's BTW, for Nigeria to be great again, we must have one mindset which speaks unity, equity and equality. Because I don't see Nigeria becoming one even in the next ten decades.

Naija as awhole needs a complete overhaul.

Naija is already on the brink of collapsing...

POULTRY FARMING OPPORTUNITY IN LAGOS
Are you interested in poultry farming?
Are you an interpreneur with a desire to diversify your income?
Do you've the capital to invest?

Aiyedoto Poultry Farm Estate is a government owned cooperative farm and I happened to be a member of the cooperative; as a registered consultant for poultry farms in the cooperative.

Here is a great opportunity for you as an interested individual to establish a poultry farm even if you don't have the skill, the technical know how and the ideas to run and establish a poultry farm.

For more details : 07038222733

Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by LilTyRoNe: 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2017
Billyonaire:
Who is 'We' ?
Ask them ohh,anybody that attended to that meeting came on behalf of him and his family members and not the whole region the word that annoys me most is the use of "must" which hinders freedom in any of their unity talk. what happened to "will"
Re: We All Agree Our Nation Should Remain One – Osinbajo by rainylad(f): 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:
When i was younger i use to believe in the country Nigeria

but now I'm wiser,

put in mind that amalgamation was as a result of the crown selfishness to fund projects in the north from her pocket when the north was not generating enough IGR as against the blooming South

so they felt why not fund the North with the South excesses by bringing them together as is still existent today and then Nigeria happened

the north are chanting one Nigeria because oil hasn't been discovered in the Chad basin. the day it happens they will call for immediate disintegration.

even our founding fathers never loved themselves not even Zik that schooled in the western world

the north has already threatened that they won't allow a southern President come 2019

If Ipob and kanu are wise, instead of enemies, make allies with the west. when both put their voices for the disintegration of this country, the reaction will quicken.

..Why are you calling IPOB?..do you yorubas have seperatists groups that IPOB can align with??..better respect yourself and stick with your arewa brethens.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Danjuma Goje To Declare For Senate President After Budget Passage / Deji Adeyanju: If Bandits Kidnap Politicians, Nigerians Won't Have Issues / Gunmen Invade Rivers Community, Kill Two, Injure Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.