Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) (1368 Views)

A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by ThisTrend(f): 6:57pm On Jun 20, 2017
Here's a quick tips that would guide you and lead you to prepare Gbegiri soup... Nigerian locally made soup; here's a super hot education. Read on..

REQUIREMENTS
- 2cups beans
- 3 oz tomato paste
- Chili powder to taste
- Seasonings and salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 fresh onion (chopped)
- 300 grams mackerel fish

Directions for Cooking
• Soak the beans for about 5minutes, remove the skin very well and cook the cleaned beans until it is very soft.

• You may blend the cooked beans if you want a very creamy soup.

• Add as much water as you want to make the soup either thick or light depending on your preference.

• Do not cover the pot again from this point.

• Clean your fish and cut into desired sizes.

• Then add all ingredients and the fish into the cream and cook until the fish is properly cooked.

• Remember not to cover the pot after you have added water and other ingredients to avoid foaming.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/06/how-to-prepare-nigerian-gbegiri-beans.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, MissyB3, tjskii

Re: How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2017
Looks yummy.

Those are definitely dried peas undecided
Re: How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by optional1(f): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2017
2 cups of beans, how many days do you wanna eat i.
Tomato paste, please what kinda soup are you preparing
onions, in beans soup i have never seem onions in any beans soup.

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by solacong: 7:07pm On Jun 20, 2017
No meat? hmm!
Re: How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by makydebbie(f): 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
I love gbegiri but I hate beans.
Re: How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by odaniel1(m): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2017
optional1:
2 cups of beans, how many days do you wanna eat i.

Tomato paste, please what kinda soup are you preparing

onions, in beans soup i have never seem onions in any beans soup.

Receive sense IJN!!

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by optional1(f): 9:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
odaniel1:

Receive sense IJN!!

Amen
but with your help added also...
Re: How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by optional1(f): 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
makydebbie:
I love gbegiri but I hate beans.

you will still flirt even with gbegiri.
Re: How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by makydebbie(f): 10:02pm On Jun 20, 2017
optional1:

you will still flirt even with gbegiri.
Meaning?

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by optional1(f): 10:25pm On Jun 20, 2017
makydebbie:
Meaning?

to pollute the air
Re: How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by makydebbie(f): 11:42pm On Jun 20, 2017
optional1:

to pollute the air
LOL, okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by ThisTrend(f): 11:01am On Jun 21, 2017
lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, MissyB3, tjskii
Re: How To Prepare Nigerian Gbegiri (beans Soup) by walemoney007(m): 9:33am On Jun 22, 2017
There is nothing like Nigerian gbegiri,gbegiri is gbegiri and is eaten by the Yoruba's

(1) (Reply)

Wholly Organic Quail Eggs And Chicken Eggs For Sale At Ikeja, Lagos. / Edible Imported Vegetable Oil At Affordable Price / Contact Details Of Catering Services In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.