Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote (13351 Views)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates ₦1 Billion To Support COVID-19 Response / Nigerian Economy Will Blossom, Says Dangote / Food Importation: Nigeria At Risk Of Hunger, Says Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by holatimmy(f): 7:51am On Jun 21, 2017
How the rich thinks

We see Traffic,time wastage,stress
They see Money

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by bignero: 7:51am On Jun 21, 2017
XXLDICK:
Dangote wants to construct the road cause the government failed to do it.
Dangote is constructing a large refinery cause the government failed to do it.
Dangote is really trying to make Nigeria a better place despite government failures

Take away Dangote from Nigeria and watch Nigeria be as poor as Liberia

you must be doing common entrance....take away Nigeria and money for the masses and dangote is a poor man

dont be deceived
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by three: 7:52am On Jun 21, 2017
Does anyone recall what Babatunde Fashola gave as the excuse why this road was in a decrepit state?

Does anyone recall what Akinwunmi Ambode gave as the way to definitive way to resolve this debacle in his debate with Jimi?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by XXLDICK(m): 7:56am On Jun 21, 2017
bignero:

you must be doing common entrance....take away Nigeria and money for the masses and dangote is a poor man

dont be deceived
I would have engaged you in a reasonable argument, but you quoted me with insult when we have never crossed paths before. Says much about you.

Shalom!!!
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by Abfinest007(m): 7:56am On Jun 21, 2017
the funds that have been stolen are not accounted for but they will account for the one that got lost .shame on you guys
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by bignero: 7:59am On Jun 21, 2017
XXLDICK:

I would have engaged you in a reasonable argument, but you quoted me with insult when we have never crossed paths before. Says much about you.

Shalom!!!

ur username tho...

my apologies
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by Samorama: 8:09am On Jun 21, 2017
I beg who the use the road for business ? FG or flour mill or dangbese.if federal government like they can do the road and they no like let them move to next road.i beg let open next page because of truck that carried 900 bags of cement so that it will not kill soul again
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 21, 2017
Why dont they close Apapa port for a little while and move all the traffic to Warri, PH and Calabar ports? The roads are so bad because all cargo traffic is being forced to Lagos port.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by Toybreezy: 8:12am On Jun 21, 2017
three:
Does anyone recall what Babatunde Fashola gave as the excuse why this road was in a decrepit state?

Does anyone recall what Akinwunmi Ambode gave as the way to definitive way to resolve this debacle in his debate with Jimi?

I'm curious and I'll like to know
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by chuksjuve(m): 8:18am On Jun 21, 2017
Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote ....

When you were making this money, why wasn't it used to developed the road to easy business.
why is it that its only when there's about to be a shut down you hear this kind of "sentiment filled stories"
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by einsteine(m): 8:20am On Jun 21, 2017
Take away Nigeria from Dangote and watch Dangote be as poor as YOU.

XXLDICK:
Dangote is really trying to make Nigeria a better place despite government failures

Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by Samorama: 8:26am On Jun 21, 2017
Who used the road most? FG,flour mill or dangose i beg make FG think of next road.truck carried 900bags cements and flour is coming let leave road i beg before life
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by juwoonn(m): 8:31am On Jun 21, 2017
I just dey imagine if Evans carry Dangote, he go say make he bring £1 billion and that won't stop him from kidnapping again.
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by Samorama: 8:31am On Jun 21, 2017
Who they use the road pass FG,flour mill or dangose i beg make FG think of next road to do nairaland waiting happen
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by Fearlez: 9:00am On Jun 21, 2017
Nkemakonam62:
The President of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has lauded the decision of the Federal Government to reconstruct the failed Apapa-Wharf road.

With its grim state serving as an embarrassment to the country, there is also a huge loss of about N140 billion to the government on a weekly basis.

Dangote who spoke to select media men yesterday, said: “The economy loses more than N20 billion daily. It affects businesses across the country. All our operations in the hinterland in Ilorin, in Kano are operating at 40 per cent maximum capacity.”

Lamenting the state of roads in the country, Dangote said: “Today, there is no linkage road going from South West to the North. You have to go all the way through Ajaokuta, Obajana, Lokoja and you have to go by that uncompleted road Obasanjo started 13 years ago.‘’
Commenting on his resolve to be personally involved in the Apapa- Wharf road reconstruction, he said: “More than 60 per cent of our country’s import and exports come through the port and we leave it unattended. That is why we started on our own. Flour Mills said they will join us, but now government changed the design because they want all the cables and pipes underground and to have a more robust solution.”
To help in bringing the cost down, he explained that he forced his company to do it at a zero profit. According to him, “Both Dangote and Flour Mills are pumping in over N2.5 billion for the 2 kilometres double lane on each side making a total of 4 kilometres.”
He explained that the biggest job “is drainage because that is what is destroying the road. We will make sure this problem is sorted out once and for all. This thing should not be allowed to happen. We started discussion with the government over a year ago and we are happy that we have been given the opportunity to finally fix it.”
The Federal Government last weekend handed over the troubled road to Dangote Industries Limited and Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc. (FMN) for immediate reconstruction with concrete overlay.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by the FG, DIL, NPA and the FMN.
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, signed the agreement for the handover of the road, on behalf of the Federal Government, while the Managing Director, NPA, Hadiza Usman, and Joseph Makoju, honorary advisor to Aliko Dangote, president, Dangote Group, and Gbedebo, signed for their respective organisations.
The three organisations are embarking on the project as part of their corporate social responsibility (CSR) to Apapa, where they all do business.
The construction work to be handled by AG Dangote, a civil construction company, and joint venture between Dangote Group and AG of Brazil, would utilise concrete slabs as against asphalt, common with road construction in this part of the world.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/06/nigeria-loses-n140-billion-to-apapa.html

What about the billions lost in monthly environmental sanitation by Government's mandate to stall businesses for 5 hours every last Saturday of the month?

What about billions lost to corrupt police checkpoints on our highways costing motorists extra long hours, fuel and other miscellaneous expenses?

Wnat about our dumb Nigerian police who do stop and search on rush hours 8am everyday when everyone else in other sane countries are rushing to meet office and business appointments?

We lose billions to the gridlock caused by Government's agents and outdated authoritarian laws.

Nigeria has always been a sick country.
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by SultanYoung: 9:02am On Jun 21, 2017
Fucking frustrated monkey Nigeria owe this man it condemning
Jostico:
You talk about Gridlock and business . good, but your drivers kill souls who might someday make eons of billion to help this nation. please talk more bout them Mr
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by mozino4life(m): 9:19am On Jun 21, 2017
What about the ports in other states? E.g Warri. Why is NPA not working in Delta state? Lagos is tight yet the Yorubas won't let other states to enjoy their infrastructures. They killed Delta steel company but Ajaokuta steel is still working. Let Warri port start working and the gridlock in Lagos will be reduced drastically.
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 21, 2017
Bobby4090:
The useless Fashola has stayed almost 2 years as minister of works and yet these roads remained an eyesore. He has refused or is incapable of working any of the strategic roads in Lagos. So after FG refused to do Int Airport road, Ambode took it over to do. Now after refusing to do the Apapa Wharf road, Dangote and Flour Mills are now doing it themselves. Tell me, what single kobo is the FG spending on its own in Lagos and in all those strategic roads. They fustrate people to the extent that the state government and companies now take over the roads inspite of the N500 billion budget of the Fed works ministry. Shame on FG and shame on Fashola especially because after being a Lagos Governor he has made no single kobo investment in any road in Lagos.

I understand tie argument but things are different now. Fash serves Nigeria not Lagos alone. So he can't just give Lagos top priority cos it's his home.
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by GuntersChain(m): 9:48am On Jun 21, 2017
Haba 90% of the haulage trucks for tin can and apapa who get am, Shebi una use one side of the road take dey park trucks. Una no wetin una dey do.

Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by ayindejimmy(m): 9:48am On Jun 21, 2017
Jostico:
You talk about Gridlock and business . good, but your drivers kill souls who might someday make eons of billion to help this nation. please talk more bout them Mr

Don't derail this post
Create another thread to channel your grievances
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by ayindejimmy(m): 9:50am On Jun 21, 2017
XXLDICK:

The road is being constructed by NPA, Nigerian Flour Mill and Dangote plc
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by Wolexpoly: 10:46am On Jun 21, 2017
WHY NOT GO AND REPAIR THE ROAD YOURSELF MR DANGOTE......IF MOUNTAIN REFUSES TO GO TO MOHAMMED..MOHAMMED SHOULD GO TO THE MOUNTAIN....AFTERALL YOU ATE THE RICHEST MAN IN AFRICA....KILLING OUR MASSES WITH YOUR TRUCKS....TAKING OUR VIRGIN LANDS AND CAUSING DEGRADATION........YOUR TRUCKS ARE STILL THE ONES SPOILING OUT ROADS.......YET U TROW NO MONEY TO THE OPHANAGE EXCEPT POLITICS.......I AV NOT SEEN ANY PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE U AV BEEÑ INVOLVED OR LINKED TO BEFORE.......AIR PLS SHUT UP.
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by newslifeop: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2017
Ha
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by Dollabiz: 11:31am On Jun 21, 2017
Ok
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by XXLDICK(m): 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
bignero:

ur username tho...

my apologies

Merci
Re: Nigeria Loses N140 Billion To Apapa Gridlock Weekly Says Dangote by brightk(m): 2:52pm On Jun 21, 2017
all this na stories... fg shud do d needful.. There are other non working sea ports in the country..they shud fix dem haba. Must we play politricks in everythin?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bank Marketers, Are They Trying To Seduce Me With Romance Or What? / What Business Can I Do With N2m To Make At-least 10k To 20k Daily As Profit / How To Call Your Bank For Free In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.