Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

The Wedding Night - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Wedding Night (92501 Views)

***wedding Night*** / (episode Final) My Wedding Night / My Wedding Night (episode 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wedding Night by queentener(f): 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
Like seriously, ROTIMI? ha dis one weak me ooooo

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by heemah(f): 12:27am On Sep 24, 2017
Rotimi of all men?? Nah!!
Re: The Wedding Night by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2017
queentener:
Like seriously, ROTIMI? ha dis one weak me ooooo
Sis this one hard like oh serious

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by AryEmber(f): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Jiswas! Tomi you fall ma hand seriously! why did you have to get pregnant before marriage? And as if that was not enough ,it had to be for a jerkarse! shame!

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Lildiamond: 6:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
Why Rotimi hmm

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Honeydawealth(f): 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2017
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Dia one strong ooooo!!! Rotimi?? As in dat Rotimi dat was doing the do wit Adetunga's first wife Somebody tell me I'm dreaming!!
Abeg... D person above me, shift make I faint small.......

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by piroux(f): 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
queenitee:
Ah ah, this is serious

LMAO, You are just everywhere enjoying yourself!
Re: The Wedding Night by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 5:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
piroux:

That my sis for u queenitee ride on

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Cameoluv(f): 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
Rotimi again
This is serious

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by queenitee(f): 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa:
That my sis for u queenitee ride on
Sister sister, tell them

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by queenitee(f): 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
piroux:

Life is eazi ni jare

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
queenitee:
Sister sister, tell them
lol u guys should knw we re MTN everywhere u go

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 11:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
In the weeks following after Bisi left her husband's home, she rethought her decision to ruin him. She would move back to her house and have a heart to heart discussion with Timi. Her bruises were already fading, with a little makeup they would disappear completely. Except the one in her heart. She needed to leave here, the loneliness was killing her. Shikemi was absent throughout the day and was too tired to talk at night. Well, that was the excuse she gave, but Bisi knew Shikemi was tired of having her around. She wouldn't support her decision to deal with Timi.

Amenze had also left for her place the previous week. She only call at night to check on Bisi, funny how they were becoming close. Closer than her own cousin.
She threw the cupboard opened, throwing in her clothes and personal effects into the box she came with. She would leave this week and slug it out with him. He wasn't remorseful, and he had not called her since the past six days she switched on her phone. There was not a single message from him and his Instagram page showed the many pictures he'd been posting. She had swallowed her pride and sent him a message but he didn't reply. She wouldn't dwell on that and the many confusions going on in her head.

Did Timi even love her? It was obvious he didn't. He didn't care about their union. His mother did not care about her. It was a huge mistake marrying an only son whose mother thought was the next best thing since sliced bread.

She was deep in thought when the door bell rang bringing her back to the present. She knew it was not her cousin, it could be the neighbour that drops her key every week days. She opened the door and was shocked to see her mother staring angrily at her.

"Here you are" the older woman said eyeing her daughter

"Mum, good afternoon" Bisi greeted her stepping away from the door

"I won't come inside because this is not your home. You're in another woman's house while yours is occupied by other women who are gladly playing your wifely duties" she sneered

Bisi calmed her rapidly boiling blood. She was trying to look past the society's hypocrisy but her mother was reminding her all of it.
"Did Timi called you?" she asked

"He did. You left your home without his permission and you even switched off your mobile phone" her voice was quivering with anger

"Mum, we fought" Bisi cried out in frustration. She went ahead showing her mother the bruises.

Bisi 's mum was quite for a while before she spoke up again "You fought, so?"

"Mum!" Bisi exclaimed before adding quietly "Timi cheated on me. I caught him red handed on our matrimonial bed"

"I ask again, so?"

Bisi sank into the floor too tired to continue arguing with her mother. She won't understand.

"Men cheat all the time, big deal? You shouldn't leave your home for that"

"I can divorce him" she said looking up at mum

The older woman burst out laughing "After the divorce, you will marry an angel right?" And the society will laugh at you, they will paint you and start counting the number of husbands you've had. Do you wánt to end up like me? Do you think I am happy that I had my four children with three different men? Every marriage had its own challenge, I wish I knew this earlier, I wouldn't have left my first husband because he was a wife beater. My second husband was a drunkard and his mother doesn't support our union. And your own father was an adulterer and a wife beater for the first seventeen years I married him before he changed. I had to sit down, think deeply and ask myself if my situation was destined or a fault of mine" her voice had lowered as she recalled the sad days
"or was it a generational curse? My own mother had five husbands and my grandma had more. Now my daughter is thinking about divorce can't we break this curse? " Bisi's mum broke down in tears joining her daughter on the floor.

They cried together with no one nearby to console them"
"Olabisi please" her mum begged
"I know a solution. I have tried talking to him but he refused to listen. Can't we invite his family over, so they could talk sense into him and make him apologise? Bisi asked drying her tears

"You think we haven't tried that? Your father called their family head and reported Timi to him. The man really tried. He came to ibadan with two other family members. They pleaded on his behalf and told us they can't do anything because your mother in law controls her children"

"I don't want to go back. I can't" Bisi sobbed.
Timi and his mother had no respect for their in laws and it wasn't that she was given to Tími for free. They did all the necessary rites and even went to a court before they got married.

"You can, women have been going through this for centuries and they all survived"

"Maybe, but that doesn't mean I have to go through it"

'Bisi please" her mum pleaded

"He sleeps with them without protection"

"Hmm. We only have two options left. It's either you stay and work on your marriage or divorce him"

Why should she choose between two poor options when she could as well make a better one?

"Or let men be on their own and get my children through IVF" she echoed Amenze 's words.

"Or stay married to him and retaliate by passing another man' s child as his"

"Or ruin him by leaving him during his weakest moment. I have many options mum, too many" Bisi said remembering her visit to her maternal aunt. Aunty Omololu

, An aunt no one wants to associate with in the family because she was a popular feminist and some even rumoured that she was a lesbian. She was in her early fifties, a divorcee and a childless happy woman. She had visited her together with Amenze who was amazed by the woman's story and wanted to meet her. Shikemi had refused to go with them saying she did not need a negativity in her marriage life.

They had arrived in time to join Aunty Omololu in her women's club. It was a large group of about hundred filled with the very best society women in their forties and fifties. She and Amenze were the youngest there and they had to sit at the background listening to the women recount their marriage stories, which were all sad stories. Bisi had brought out her phone to record every word. She knew it would be useful for her in the near future. It seemed the moment was now, she saw her mother off to her car. They hugged while she promised she would go back to Timi's house.
The following day, Bisi was in a taxi she chartered to her hairdresser at Maryland. She had paid thousands of naira for her tiny braids to be done on time. The hairdresser hardly braid hair for her customers hair, she preferred to fix weavon that required little time but Bisi was a long time client she couldn't say no to.

She wanted to look beautiful for Timi so she styled her braids the way he loved it and wore a clinging gown. She was heading back to their rented apartment at Mafoluku. She plugged in her earpiece listening to the women at the club.

The first woman, who was the PRO claimed she joined the club because of her late best friends who went through hell in their marriages
"My late friend Bolu had been dating him right from the senior school although their families did not support the union. She got pregnant after secondary school and moved in with her mother in law that sold garri while her husband gained admission into the university studying English language. Fast forward to many years later, he was a primary school teacher while Bolu was making it big in her garri business. She gathered money and sent him to United kingdom. He repaid her with sleeping with different women. I warned her to ignore him but she wouldn't listen. She became hypertensive and died leaving behind her two children "

Bisi sighed skipping some parts and moved to the thirty five minutes. She heard a woman said she was a retired teacher and she got married to a man who was in based abroad after her college training. According to her, she thought she had the best husband in the universe, they had four children and he was visiting from time to time.

During one of his visits, he told her he wanted his children to move to America with him. He wanted them to have the best education and all. She was happy and within five years all her children were over there with him. He stopped sending letters, and he hardly called her land phone. No one knew his whereabouts and she feared the worst. She thought he was dead and she mourned him and refused to remarry

It was in 2010 when Facebook became popular, she registered and searched for her husband. She saw his pictures with an elderly white woman who was almost agemate with his ancestors kissing and hugging. It had hurt but not as bad as seeing her four children all grown up and she was sure they wouldn't remember her as their mother. Except her first child who was ten year old when she left Nigeria.

She sent him series of messages, at first she was begging him to reply her, which went on for months. She cursed him on his page tagging all his friends and at the end he sent a message that she should forget about her children that they now belonged to the white woman.
She was enraged, she cried, cursed and was almost going mad until a friend advised her. She did not want to take the advice, until she watched a video of her daughter's marriage while the white woman acted like the real mother.

She took his picture following her friend's advise, and bewitched him. She was surprised to see her husband by evening time with no luggage or a pin on him step into the home he abandoned since 1999. The woman said her children started visiting Nigeria to see their father while she took her time learning about them.

Bisi unplugged her earpiece, she'd heard enough crazy stories. The taxi had pulled up in front of her house, she stepped out of the car heading towards her apartment when she spotted four new gowns on her clothing line. None of her neighbours used her space, they all had theirs. It must belong to one of Timi's female friends. She picked them and climbed the stairs to her apartment. She knocked the door and Timi opened it dressed in a boxer and singlet.

"You came at the right time" He said.
Bisi's eyebrows shoot upward taking in their sitting room. It looked like they were packing. She recognised her boxes and wardrobes.

"What's happening?" she asked him

"We are moving to Lekki" he grinned like he just said something brilliant

Bisi 's handbag dropped to the ground, she knew Timi was expecting her to provide part of the rent fee. When they moved to Mafoluku, she gave him two hundred thousand naira.

"Where will you get the millions? Why should we even move to lekki, we barely have enough money to save" she corrected herself "I barely save enough money when I have to fuel your car, cook for your friends, throw mini parties to impress your colleague and you have not returned the six hundred thousand naira you borrowed from me"

His expression did not change a bit, he was not ashamed that she was the one catering to his whims when there were many other women who'd do it at the snap of his fingers. He knew his time would soon be up with Bisi, how he knew that he couldn't explain. He didn't see himself spending the rest of his lives with one woman. He would get married as often as he wanted.

Bisi did not fit a big actor like himself, she had already fulfilled her purpose --------being his wife when he was heading to limelight. When he only had a soap opera to make him popular. But now, he smiled inwardly he was one of the most sought after actor, a big name in the industry and lots of women clamouring for his attention.

"You borrowed me 600k and you are here ranting, there are many younger women who gives me lot of money and I am not even their husband. Now imagine how much more I would receive when I marry one of them"

Bisi sat down on the couch reflecting on their courtship days and how she had got it wrong. Timi was smart, he took her to gatherings were he wouldn't be the one buying the foods and drinks. They went to many parties and only one lunch date. She remembered how she cooked with her money for him, and he would eat and licked the plate. Many men that had ego and pride hardly eat their wives meal when they had no kobo to support the family. Her own father would refuse to eat if he was broke and couldn't provide foodstuffs. But Timi had no such decency.

"I don't have any money" Bisi told him
"I know. You know I have your ATM" he replied

Bisi had wisened up a little too late considering the amounts she lost in this sham called marriage. She opened another account where she diverted most of her money into.
"I sold your car" Timi informed

Bisi's eyes were almost bulging out when she heard that. How could he sold a car her father bought for her. Her only car, a car she barely used but her husband drove it everywhere. She didn't know when twin large tears dropped from the corner of her eyes.
She could not hold back the sobs that wracked her body.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Wedding Night by Cameoluv(f): 8:02am On Sep 26, 2017
Some men are so mean

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Gloryejims(f): 10:13am On Sep 26, 2017
Timi deserves to die

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Qasaforlife(f): 11:50am On Sep 26, 2017
some men don't know what they have until they loose it. Bisi you have to be strong,its in you. kudos op.

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 9:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
Like re u for real u sold her car fat ass Timi like re u crazy and u call urself a man this guy is madt

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Lildiamond: 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
The Timi guy is crazy

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Thastie(f): 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2017
Degel, you are not serious. Aunt Omololu shocked, what if she sees this?

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Night by degelinglacis: 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2017
Thastie:
Degel, you are not serious. Aunt Omololu shocked, what if she sees this?

Shhhhh.......Don't loud it!
Re: The Wedding Night by itsandi(m): 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
Timi is bad... Nice story! Read other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by queenitee(f): 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2017
Some men deserved to be killed

3 Likes

Re: The Wedding Night by crislyn(f): 7:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
queenitee:
Some men deserved to be killed
e.g Timi and Rotimi.

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Night by queenitee(f): 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
crislyn:

e.g Timi and Rotimi.
Exactly
Re: The Wedding Night by heryoub22(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2017
Some of us are jst here to read and enjoy ourselves without considering the writers of the story. My brother my sister a thank you is not too much for u to type. At least if u can't put down a word of encouragement for the writer then you can jst show appreciation my saying anything in the comment pox. This will help the writer to knw that people are actually following the story and it will make the writer to post often. Let's try and be cheering the writers up please. Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wedding Night by Chigold121(f): 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
I really must comment, how dare Timi sell Bisi's car? He deserves death

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Chigold121(f): 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2017
I really must comment, how dare Timi sell Bisi's car? He deserves death period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wedding Night by Ehi07(f): 8:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
Please update cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
Plz update

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Night by msylva2147(m): 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2017
this one that you have not updated for a very long time, hope you are kk.
Re: The Wedding Night by Pearl05(f): 6:50am On Oct 17, 2017
How did Bisi dealth with her useless husband? Amaze, how did adetunga see her work? How about the emergency husband amaneze needs? I think dayo should be good for the role because adatunga might think she is for his money.

Please come let's see how all this goes. Above all, I wish you good health and good returns for the works of your hands.

Please come back with very long update. kiss
Re: The Wedding Night by Ehi07(f): 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2017
Please update cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bloodline.......part One[ The Family]. / Entangled / Generation To Generations...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.