Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Common Toyota Problems - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Common Toyota Problems (17625 Views)

5 Common Places Where Spare Car Keys Are Kept / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings / Top 10 Common Car Problems And How To Rectify Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Toyota Problems by IMASTEX: 7:28am On Jun 22, 2017
Odegbami1:
God when am I going to get my own car, I have been on Leggedis Benz for long. Pls pick my call
He will

2 Likes

Re: Common Toyota Problems by LionDeLeo: 7:29am On Jun 22, 2017
lonelydora:
You forgot

1. Shock Absorber failures

2. Dashboard cracking

3. Transmission issues

4. And una go dey follow Honda drag space when una know say Honda pass una.

That ur number 1 na die.

You will replace shock absorber today, 5-6 months later you start hearing some funny noise again.

The mechanics are even confused. Sometimes they will tell you tokumbo is better, another day, the reverse.

But forget that Honda rubbish, that is my first car and I can tell you Toyota is more peaceful, na interior I go chop? Who interior epp sef?

5 Likes

Re: Common Toyota Problems by 0b10010011: 7:29am On Jun 22, 2017
An average Nigerian is glued to Toyota. Any other car is not reliable to them and that's why there prices compared to there counterparts re ridiculous

4 Likes

Re: Common Toyota Problems by columbus007(m): 7:29am On Jun 22, 2017
whizqueen:
Never really liked Toyota undecided
and toyota doesn't like you either,na joke I dey o cheesy
Re: Common Toyota Problems by XBLadez: 7:29am On Jun 22, 2017
Stop lying! These problems are not peculiar to Toyota alone.
Re: Common Toyota Problems by 0b10010011: 7:31am On Jun 22, 2017
Odegbami1:
God when am I going to get my own car, I have been on Leggedis Benz for long. Pls pick my call

God will perfect your legs and make it stronger. You will be opened to more short-cuts.

8 Likes

Re: Common Toyota Problems by koolguy88(m): 7:32am On Jun 22, 2017
buchilino:
AM BEGINNING TO NOTICE D PROBLEM OF POWER STEERING N RACK. I NOTICED IT IN CAMRYS N SIENNA.
I believe this is the most frequent problem Toyota cars are facing. For this single issue I have changed power steering pump 6 times and steering rack 3 times -Camry 2000 drop light.
Re: Common Toyota Problems by ikechemez(m): 7:33am On Jun 22, 2017
My 2000 Sienna dey chop fuel die. I went to Uyo to watch Super eagle full tank no carry me to n fro from Awka. What could be the problem s
Re: Common Toyota Problems by koolguy88(m): 7:35am On Jun 22, 2017
ikechemez:
My 2000 Sienna dey chop fuel die. I went to Uyo to watch Super eagle full tank no carry me to n fro from Awka. What could be the problem s
is it a V6 engine?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Toyota Problems by LionDeLeo: 7:36am On Jun 22, 2017
Lokoyen:
I tot toyota products are faultless like some people used to claim.

Says who?

Toyota do have faults but spare parts are way cheaper when compared with Honda of same class.
Re: Common Toyota Problems by buchilino(m): 7:37am On Jun 22, 2017
koolguy88:
I believe this is the most frequent problem Toyota cars are facing. For this single issue I have changed power steering pump 6 times and steering rack 3 times -Camry 2000 drop light.

MY GOODNESS, U TOO?, WAS WANDERING WAT IS HAPPENING TO MY CAR. I CHANGED D POWER STEERING N YET NOTHING HAS CHANGED. I DON'T EVEN NO WAT TO DO AGAIN
Re: Common Toyota Problems by alphamodel1(m): 7:37am On Jun 22, 2017
My Toyota is bae, original parts can be expensive shaaa but once fixed can last a long while.

2 Likes

Re: Common Toyota Problems by cjscon2(m): 7:40am On Jun 22, 2017
Toyota Camry has the worst abs failures[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000]
Re: Common Toyota Problems by muller101(m): 7:50am On Jun 22, 2017
TOYOTA . The one you ought to avoid

1 Like

Re: Common Toyota Problems by Oladipo1166(m): 8:09am On Jun 22, 2017
abeg where Benz own dy bkus dat my .......
Re: Common Toyota Problems by tayoakay(m): 8:09am On Jun 22, 2017
lonelydora:
You forgot

2. Dashboard cracking

3. Transmission issues

How about crank shaft of Honda that easily removes at top speed? Toyota is a better product, believe me.

2 Likes

Re: Common Toyota Problems by Kobicove(m): 8:22am On Jun 22, 2017
lonelydora:
You forgot

2. Dashboard cracking

3. Transmission issues

Toyota is ahead of Honda whether you want to admit it or not!

2 Likes

Re: Common Toyota Problems by peterbello(m): 8:30am On Jun 22, 2017
fadario:

They'll portray as if Toyota has no problem at all. Team German all the way.

You see. That's a hater talking. This thread was made with Toyota in mind. Why do you have to jump on it to spew hate? When a thread for the other car brands are made (plus the German machines), I am very sure their problems would take the whole 1st page of the thread if not more.
I have been using Toyota. Compared to what my friends spend on maintenance and repairs of their brands of car, I don't use up to half of the money and time.

That's how they will be shouting Team German machine upandan. The first BMW I came in contact with was a close friend's. Oh, how I hated that car. I think it should have been named "One Week Thirteen Problems". BMW mechanics aren't much but they all knew us. With the rate at which we visit the workshops, you'd think we were mechanics too. And my friend would never stop bragging about his German Machine.
I remember when we traveled to Ibadan from Akure with the car. We spent 6 days on the road. Yes, 6 days, you read that right. 2 days to Ibadan. Then after the program we went for, we spent another 4 days on the road solving a myriad of car problems.
That was the height Mehn. After that last trip, I learnt to love and appreciate my kukulu Toyota more. I also learnt that aside Policemen, a roadside mechanic on the highway is never your friend. Lastly, I developed a phobia for BMW, no matter how e fine reach.

7 Likes

Re: Common Toyota Problems by jeyselassie(m): 8:41am On Jun 22, 2017
Honda Shaft is like a prostitutes pant. It can remove anytime.
miketayo:

How Honda pass Toyota.. Same problem goes for Honda along with shaft ish

1 Like

Re: Common Toyota Problems by merits(m): 8:51am On Jun 22, 2017
Odegbami1:
don't worry by the time you buy yours,their is already an old school.

1 Like

Re: Common Toyota Problems by Pablo212: 9:01am On Jun 22, 2017
All these are man built mechanism, its prone to fail sometime.. even the Human system break down at times, many comes with bad kidneys and heart.
Re: Common Toyota Problems by mployer(m): 9:01am On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

That ur number 1 na die.

You will replace shock absorber today, 5-6 months later you start hearing some funny noise again.

The mechanics are even confused. Sometimes they will tell you tokumbo is better, another day, the reverse.

But forget that Honda rubbish, that is my first car and I can tell you Toyota is more peaceful, na interior I go chop? Who interior epp sef?

Lol. In fact I have given up on shock absorbers
Re: Common Toyota Problems by kennydotkom(m): 9:12am On Jun 22, 2017
I hv been driving since 2003 but i never got my own car. What culd hv happen. ?? GOD I NEED A CAR OF MY OWN.
Re: Common Toyota Problems by luckydion(m): 9:14am On Jun 22, 2017
Well ok! But this is not common to Toyota product only regarding the caption "common Toyota problems" I suggest you get the common faults of Toyota.... what u posted are just general Vehicles faults. Again consider where these faults emanate from.. Is it as a result of "Old age of d Toyota Vehicle" or even when it's in new body.....?
Re: Common Toyota Problems by Ekenekes31(m): 9:23am On Jun 22, 2017
I love my Honda ❤️️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Toyota Problems by eljp(m): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2017
Honda all d way!!!

1 Like

Re: Common Toyota Problems by uvalued(m): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2017
hope my next car will be toyota
Re: Common Toyota Problems by diablos: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2017
Honda cars are overrated plus their parts are rare. Besides why drive a car that has no second hand value?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Types Of Car Carriers Around The World / 10 Major Mistakes You're Making When Changing Your Car Oil / Buying A Car: 12 Mistakes To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.