Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Common Toyota Problems - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Common Toyota Problems (17612 Views)

5 Common Places Where Spare Car Keys Are Kept / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings / Top 10 Common Car Problems And How To Rectify Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Toyota Problems by Meetleader: 10:10am On Jun 22, 2017
fufuNegusi:
I love Toyota am buying one this year

We plenty be that oo...
Re: Common Toyota Problems by Kendroid: 10:13am On Jun 22, 2017
All these aforementioned problems is the main reason why i still prefer my Legadez benz. All i have to do is change my Slippers every 4 months and am good to go!!! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Common Toyota Problems by chykes5000(m): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2017
Anytime any day, Honda cars are more reliable , has better drive experience and performance than Toyota, Even in terms of Engine power, For example 2.0l Honda Engine is more powerful than a 2.0 Toyota engine, quote me anywhere. Honda is just like a strong baby, take care of it and it won't disappoint you. Many Nigerians don't carry out maintenaNce and yet they want the car to serve them. Many buy bad or poorly maintained second hand Honda's and they will be complaining hondas are not good. As for the shaft issue, every shaft should be changed at least every 2yrs. Once it starts making noise pls change it. And again many mechanics are not good at fixing shaft, some dont use good clips on the booth of the shaft, before you know it the grease starts leaking and the shafts go bad again. Honda cars are not meant for people who love playing shortcuts or negligence on cars. Take care of Honda and it will give you reliability and comfort

6 Likes

Re: Common Toyota Problems by greggng: 11:31am On Jun 22, 2017
Odegbami1:
God when am I going to get my own car, I have been on Leggedis Benz for long. Pls pick my call

It will be this year by God's grace. You will get a divine visit with a gift of a car
Re: Common Toyota Problems by Lokoyen(m): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Says who?

Toyota do have faults but spare parts are way cheaper when compared with Honda of same class.

Cos in naija Toyota fan boys they portray the brand like 'saint'.

1 Like

Re: Common Toyota Problems by Lokoyen(m): 11:49am On Jun 22, 2017
fadario:

They'll portray as if Toyota has no problem at all. Team German all the way.

Lol! That was why i was surprised too na. Toyoya was made by angels so it is immune to faults.

1 Like

Re: Common Toyota Problems by toluxa1(m): 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
There are only two cars, Mercedes Benz and others.
Re: Common Toyota Problems by joinnow: 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2017
Toyota has it own small small issue but you can ask Kamoru to fix it and he will join red to black wire and your toyota will come back to life and zoom off.
try it with german car benz,audi bmw ask kamoru to fix it after joining wire together your car go KABOOM
fire go caught
Re: Common Toyota Problems by kraizybone(m): 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
Mehn.. I was using a BMW E39, Great ride.. But omo, one issue everyday and it costs a fortune to fix, plus mechanics were ripping me off. Had to dispose the ride and get a Toyota Avensis... I can't even shout.

3 Likes

Re: Common Toyota Problems by Emekayoung(m): 1:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
miketayo:

How Honda pass Toyota.. Same problem goes for Honda along with shaft ish
For ur info honda doesnt have shaft issue. Its only ball joint and dats wen u buy fake ones. Fake ones floods the honda spare parts market....
Re: Common Toyota Problems by davou4eva(m): 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2017
AfonjAbokiZoo:
i Love Toyota. the only problem i always experience is noise in the legs due to bad road. changing of bushings and other things in the legs. My Toyota is ready any time and day for me.

I guess you are talking about the wheels
Re: Common Toyota Problems by miketayo(m): 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
Emekayoung:

For ur info honda doesnt have shaft issue. Its only ball joint and dats wen u buy fake ones. Fake ones floods the honda spare parts market....

u just pointed out why ppl should go for other cars aside honda
Re: Common Toyota Problems by LadipoNG: 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
lonelydora:
You forgot

1. Shock Absorber failures

2. Dashboard cracking

3. Transmission issues

4. And una go dey follow Honda drag space when una know say Honda pass una.

So sorry it's coming late. Didn't forget @ 1. Shock Absorber failures. There's a more comprehensive article coming soon about shocks and struts.

1 Like

Re: Common Toyota Problems by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
peterbello:

You see. That's a hater talking. This thread was made with Toyota in mind. Why do you have to jump on it to spew hate? When a thread for the other car brands are made (plus the German machines), I am very sure their problems would take the whole 1st page of the thread if not more.
I have been using Toyota. Compared to what my friends spend on maintenance and repairs of their brands of car, I don't use up to half of the money and time.

That's how they will be shouting Team German machine upandan. The first BMW I came in contact with was a close friend's. Oh, how I hated that car. I think it should have been named "One Week Thirteen Problems". BMW mechanics aren't much but they all knew us. With the rate at which we visit the workshops, you'd think we were mechanics too. And my friend would never stop bragging about his German Machine.
I remember when we traveled to Ibadan from Akure with the car. We spent 6 days on the road. Yes, 6 days, you read that right. 2 days to Ibadan. Then after the program we went for, we spent another 4 days on the road solving a myriad of car problems.
That was the height Mehn. After that last trip, I learnt to love and appreciate my kukulu Toyota more. I also learnt that aside Policemen, a roadside mechanic on the highway is never your friend. Lastly, I developed a phobia for BMW, no matter how e fine reach.

Hehehe...one week, thirteen problems grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Common Toyota Problems by DonBobes(m): 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
Very non-specific biased writeup.

Every vehicle has its issues. Preventive maintenance, and using the right parts for repairs will fix most of these issues.
Hmm gazzuz the car Doctor as spoken who am i. Nothing but a bloody soldier.
Re: Common Toyota Problems by OCTAVO: 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
I'm here to read comments. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Common Toyota Problems by LadipoNG: 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
LionDeLeo:

That ur number 1 na die.

You will replace shock absorber today, 5-6 months later you start hearing some funny noise again.

The mechanics are even confused. Sometimes they will tell you tokumbo is better, another day, the reverse.

But forget that Honda rubbish, that is my first car and I can tell you Toyota is more peaceful, na interior I go chop? Who interior epp sef?
There are different types of shock absorbers and struts in the market today. A whole lot of them are sub-standard too. You need to buy from a trusted source with a guarantee. I will give you a tip, you should buy an OEM brand which are quite pricey or you may choose to go for high quality aftermarket replacement shocks. We can give you any of these.
Re: Common Toyota Problems by lonelydora: 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
tayoakay:

How about crank shaft of Honda that easily removes at top speed? Toyota is a better product, believe me.

It Is not crankshaft. Please Google it.
Re: Common Toyota Problems by Jazzlite: 10:11pm On Jun 22, 2017
tayoakay:

How about crank shaft of Honda that easily removes at top speed? Toyota is a better product, believe me.
Crankshaft removal at top speed?
Lie small small nah

1 Like

Re: Common Toyota Problems by OShepherd: 3:11am On Jun 24, 2017
But d car parts cost o compared 2 d cost of purchase too, 'm tired of this Toyota this; Toyota that, mbok I go give my jallopy free sef to first caller. .....FOC! grin
Re: Common Toyota Problems by TRAY2(m): 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2017
Team Toyota corolla. Most efficient car ever made

1 Like

Re: Common Toyota Problems by bizzibodi(m): 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2017
toyota rugged die!i hav use ma camry for 2yrs now after d oil changeout,car still dey move when command her to move,no b say other things no need attention?i only call a mech today for d 1st time when car stall due to dirty plugs,cut plug wire.i dey fear 2 change d trans oil make i no come jump from dinning table to fire.wo know a good trans oil for toyo?shld helep mi.
Re: Common Toyota Problems by bizzibodi(m): 7:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
Emekayoung:

i know some1 who change his baby boi shaft twice.
Re: Common Toyota Problems by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jun 26, 2017
change the brake disc and check the brake pad too
Re: Common Toyota Problems by Jazzlite: 2:53am On Jun 22, 2020
angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Types Of Car Carriers Around The World / 10 Major Mistakes You're Making When Changing Your Car Oil / Buying A Car: 12 Mistakes To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.