Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures (33747 Views)

BREAKING: INEC Begins Dino Melaye’s Recall Process / Date For Dino Melaye’s Recall Process Fixed By Kogi INEC / INEC Pastes Notice Of Melaye’s Recall Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Mac2016(m): 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2017
Recall is just to satiate the appetite of some other criminals...No politician is worth the stress! ALL NA SAME!

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by nextstep(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
smartty68:
Whether recall or decall it doesn't change the fact that Dino is a criminal/looter of the national cake or would it bring down the price of things in the market!

Who him recall epp

This would be a huge milestone, if our representatives realize that they can be recalled at any time. This also empowers us to know our rights, abilities, and responsibilities. I hope it succeeds because they will now realize they can't just sit tight and act the fool for 4 years.
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by elias01(m): 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
aje kun iya nio je

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by bufness(m): 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
obataokenwa:
Law Student has gotten a good practical case of a law that has not been practised before in Nigeria. Good academic exercise.

Smart Adeyemi is just too desperate to take over from Dino Melaye. Will follow up the case for my knowledge and that's all about it cos nothing will come out of it. Thanks to Yahaya Bello the most dumbest/visionless governor in the history of Africa for this academic exercise.

The process the governor applied in getting the signature is entirely wrong in law and I doubt if an unbiased judge won't throw it out.

I wonder who is his legal adviser... more reason he's not successful as a governor.
well if dino gets recalled then am definitely using the case for my lecturer grin

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Klington: 4:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
Let's see if they'll make history
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by DaBillionnaire: 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
checking for my own signature

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Jabioro: 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2017
He should start packing his belongings...
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Iamwrath: 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2017
Somebody bet 500k with me over Dino's Matter , abeg make una pray say make them commot the ediot , i wan share moni
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Duru009(m): 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2017
Senator Adeyemi's plan will certainly fail!

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by jetbomber17: 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
Dino melaye before you finish this case election Don come go..... so just better shut up and sit down
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by onatisi(m): 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
Dc4life:
which signatures? you guys shoukd know that most people who registered never voted besides some corpers registered while serving & worst off those signatures are forged just a matter of time i'll be vindicated.
This is politics. Where foes can gqng up to finish a common enemy. Dont forget that the sitting governor stilll has snme power of incumbency and the tinubu faction of the apc are not favorably disposed to dino. Osinbajo is the key man here and he also belongs to the tinubu faction, the presidency and the governor can influence the recall of dino easily. This isnt the senate issue and saraki may have very little influence in helping dino. What may however happen is that dino may go to court and obtain an injunction order to temporarily halt the recall process

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by slurryeye2: 4:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
In as much as I dislike both Dino Melaye and Yayah Bello, and I understand that this is all political show of power between the 2 fools. However, I like this development where the masses know that they have the power to recall a seating senator. Even if the whole exercise becomes unsuccessful, the fact that Kogi indigenes make use of this constitutional power makes it worthwhile. I think it is time the masses started holding people in position of power responsible for the state of decay we found ourselves in this country. With GDP greater than 35 countries in Africa combined, Nigerians shouldn't be going through all these hardship they are going through.
This is the reason why I always say, we need mental revolution. Our mumu don do

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Banter1(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2017
Best news I have heard in a long time.
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Tecno66: 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
The governor of kogi is pulling some strings, trying to tell Dino he is the governor and that you have to conquer home before you conquer Abuja. Dino is harvesting from the seed he sewed during Jonathan administration.
Ekakamba:
The process of the recall of Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial District in the Senate, Dino Melaye, may have commenced with the receipt of signatures for that purpose by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Six bags, which contained the signatures of 52.3 percent of the electorates from the zone and other petitions, were submitted to the Commission, in Abuja ,on Wednesday.

Details later….

http://sunnewsonline.com/dino-melaye-going-going-going/
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by newdawnlive: 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
OKUN DINO ILEYA, eewo n ohkoje to
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by brunofarad(m): 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2017
Let's wait for the outcome. undecided

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by hassymo5(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2017
Recalling Dino is impossible.. YAHAYA BELLO is just wasting the money he should have used to pay workers on trying to recall DINO..
KOGI people sef Dem.Neva pay you for.months and yet that same person is using you giving u peanuts to recall someone...HABA

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Tecno66: 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2017
I think he is also the ugliest governor in nigeria. See nose?
obataokenwa:
Law Student has gotten a good practical case of a law that has not been practised before in Nigeria. Good academic exercise.

Smart Adeyemi is just too desperate to take over from Dino Melaye. Will follow up the case for my knowledge and that's all about it cos nothing will come out of it. Thanks to Yahaya Bello the most dumbest/visionless governor in the history of Africa for this academic exercise.

The process the governor applied in getting the signature is entirely wrong in law and I doubt if an unbiased judge won't throw it out.

I wonder who is his legal adviser... more reason he's not successful as a governor.
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by Kiakia(m): 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2017
Dino Melaye is a goner. He may be the first legislator to be recalled in this democratic dispensation. Talk of the mobilization ability of Governors. With the State resources at their disposal, they can do anything! Oh well, Dino should start thinking of the next election.
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by BABANGBALI: 4:31pm On Jun 21, 2017
I can't wait for him to be kicked out,he is a disgrace to politics and the national assembly
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by BABANGBALI: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
Kiakia:
Dino Melaye is a goner. He may be the first legislator to be recalled in this democratic dispensation. Talk of the mobilization ability of Governors. With the State resources at their disposal, they can do anything! Oh well, Dino should start thinking of the next election.
which next election? If he is recalled, that would be his end politically and I will be more than happy. The guy is a disgrace to politics
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by menxer: 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
obataokenwa:

how did you know the recall did not follow due process?

since you said the governor is a failure, may be this recall will be his singular achievement. grin
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by hassymo5(m): 4:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
The masses are not doing anything.they are been engineered by The governor to do what he like..so the masses are just being used and given peanuts..rather than their salaries

slurryeye2:
In as much as I dislike both Dino Melaye and Yayah Bello, and I understand that this is all political show of power between the 2 fools. However, I like this development where the masses know that they have the power to recall a seating senator. Even if the whole exercise becomes unsuccessful, the fact that Kogi indigenes make use of this constitutional power makes it worthwhile. I think it is time the masses started holding people in position of power responsible for the state of decay we found ourselves in this country. With GDP greater than 35 countries in Africa combined, Nigerians shouldn't be going through all these hardship they are going through.
This is the reason why I always say, we need mental revolution. Our mumu don do
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by menxer: 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2017
onatisi:

This is politics. Where foes can gqng up to finish a common enemy. Dont forget that the sitting governor stilll has snme power of incumbency and the tinubu faction of the apc are not favorably disposed to dino. Osinbajo is the key man here and he also belongs to the tinubu faction, the presidency and the governor can influence the recall of dino easily. This isnt the senate issue and saraki may have very little influence in helping dino. What may however happen is that dino may go to court and obtain an injunction order to temporarily halt the recall process
i guess he was voted into the senate by the court.
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by obataokenwa(m): 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2017
menxer:

how did you know the recall did not follow due process?

since you said the governor is a failure, may be this recall will be his singular achievement. grin
Lol. Failures always see failure as appealing and good grin
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by senatordave1(m): 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2017
Dino is going.once a state governor wants you out in nigeria,you are out and yahaya is personaly coordinating things.the hardest part was getting over 50 percent of the signatures in the constituency and that has been easily achieved.another hard part would be the verification of the signatures by inec.inec can do that by cross checking the signatures with those in their database or the manual register and i am sure it would tally because the governor and his cohorts would have perfectly forged the signature of some using oluwole experts and can easily breach inec as he did recently when he was accused of double registration.once inec verifies the signatures,dino is a goner because all other processes would be very easily and a mere formality.saraki cant do anything and has no role to play except towards the end in reading the result of the referendum by inec which is also mere formality.nothing can safe dino now.hes a goner.after that perhaps,the process of impeaching governor yahaya bello would commence by luck.up apc,up buhari

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by obataokenwa(m): 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
Tecno66:
I think he is also the ugliest governor in nigeria. See nose?
Me I only see him as Ex-Evans that was not caught. I wonder the people that put that guy into power. Imagine the kind of political fight he wants to put on.
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by senatordave1(m): 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
Senator Dino is going.once a state governor wants you out in nigeria,you are out and yahaya is personaly coordinating things.the hardest part was getting over 50 percent of the signatures in the constituency and that has been easily achieved.another hard part would be the verification of the signatures by inec.inec can do that by cross checking the signatures with those in their database or the manual register and i am sure it would tally because the governor and his cohorts would have perfectly forged the signature of some using oluwole experts and can easily breach inec as he did recently when he was accused of double registration.once inec verifies the signatures,senator dino is a goner because all other processes would be very easily and a mere formality.saraki cant do anything and has no role to play except towards the end in reading the result of the referendum by inec which is also mere formality.nothing can safe dino now.hes a goner.after that perhaps,the process of impeaching governor yahaya bello would commence by luck.up apc,up buhari
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by HAH: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
onatisi:

If you have seen the process of recall as stated in our laws, the last step is to be conducted by the senate president, which is to announce the recall of the senator on the floor at plenary, the question is will Saraki announce and complete the recall process of his most loyal follower among senators? Honetsly to me this will just end up as an academic exercise and waste of money by the sponsors of the recall
Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by HAH: 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2017
senatordave1:
Senator Dino is going.once a state governor wants you out in nigeria,you are out and yahaya is personaly coordinating things.the hardest part was getting over 50 percent of the signatures in the constituency and that has been easily achieved.another hard part would be the verification of the signatures by inec.inec can do that by cross checking the signatures with those in their database or the manual register and i am sure it would tally because the governor and his cohorts would have perfectly forged the signature of some using oluwole experts and can easily breach inec as he did recently when he was accused of double registration.once inec verifies the signatures,senator dino is a goner because all other processes would be very easily and a mere formality.saraki cant do anything and has no role to play except towards the end in reading the result of the referendum by inec which is also mere formality.nothing can safe dino now.hes a goner.after that perhaps,the process of impeaching governor yahaya bello would commence by luck.up apc,up buhari
a simple injunction by a court on the verification of the signatures will throw spanner in the whole process, Yahaya Bello is just wasting Kogi people money on an academic or impossible task

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures by onatisi(m): 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2017
HAH:
If have seen the process of recall as stated in our laws, the last step is to be conducted by the senate president, which is to announce the recall of the senator on the floor at plenary, the question is will Saraki announce and complete the recall process of his most loyal follower among senators? Honetsly to me this will just end up as an academic exercise and waste of money by the sponsors of the recall
Baba thank you for ur intelligent contribution. This is politics and IF all conditions are met and fulfilled then saraki has no choice. Lets not forget that it isnt the whole senate that are actually in favour of dino, if the recall process goes through,then saraki cant retain dino unilaterally because he has ceased to represent nny constituency.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi In Abuja For Labour Party Retreat / My Experience As A Corp Member Who Worked As Inec Ad-hoc Staff In Enugu North Lg / Military Descends On Arepo Vandals Hideout In Operation Awathe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.