Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me (41999 Views)

Ireti Doyle Welcomes Her First Grandchild From Daughter, Abimbola Kachi Ozofor / Ireti Doyle: My Skin Color Almost Made Me Lose My First TV Commercial / Omotola, Ireti Doyle & Tiwa Savage At Banky W, Adesua Etomi Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by lepasharon(f): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2017
Ehiscotch:
There is a high proliferation of abortion abroad. Abortions, that is how they handle it.
Or they simply put up the child for adoption.

So there isnt a high abortion rate in Nigeria even though it's illegal? undecided
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by verygudbadguy(m): 8:59am On Jun 22, 2017
OceanmorganTrix:

most of 'em go take d@ advantage do dsame tin ova n ova, @ d end dia papa house go turn house 4 children outa wedlock.

Lol. I quite agree. But there is this Yoruba proverb that says if you use the right hand to discipline a child, you will use the left hand to embrace her.

I am not against some punishment for the child. But after she must have admitted and shows readiness to forge ahead, the parents should help her pass through the stage.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by logica(m): 9:11am On Jun 22, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Our communities have zero tolerance for wrong doing. They always forget that teenagers are the most exposed in the area of growing up.

The morals and values our parent imbibed in us during the period of growing up are very key in defining our lives. However, there are few times that we lose those morals due to the kind of company we keep.

Yet, all the zero tolerance for wrong doing, morals and values cannot translate to good governance? It cannot prevent the establishment of a society enmeshed in bribery and corruption?
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Lotechi(m): 9:12am On Jun 22, 2017
.so because the white man does it then we should do it abi? we should learn to differentiate right from the so called modernity.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by verygudbadguy(m): 9:13am On Jun 22, 2017
logica:
Yet, all the zero tolerance for wrong doing, morals and values cannot translate to good governance? It cannot prevent the establishment of a society enmeshed in bribery and corruption?

Hmmmm. Very true.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Btruth: 9:14am On Jun 22, 2017
She love you that was why she was so upset with you. I believed you would have done the same with your daughter if she has gotten pregnant by 17 instead of giving you the marriage she deserve now.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Origin(f): 9:15am On Jun 22, 2017
Usually its that harshness that will not let you do wrong again. Normal reset protocols ( only mama sabi).

When I see kids in some countries misbehaving, I just SMH knowing that just one hot slap would have clarified that situation. grin
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Sterope(f): 9:19am On Jun 22, 2017
That is not true

I was a teenager once. Most teenageers knew and understood the consequences. They may not know about sex education but they knew the consequences, the backlash etc. I don't believe that it takes one to be 18 to understand enough about life. In fact, most countries are beginning to bring down the minimum age.

verygudbadguy:

Teenager/Under age... They are seen as "not old enough to make positive decisions for themselves".... Once you are 18, you bear the consequences of your action.

Kanu's wife married him at 18.. Omotola too.

1 Like

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Sarah20A(f): 9:20am On Jun 22, 2017
verygudbadguy:

I don't agree with you. Except you have some verifiable examples to buttress your point.
i agree with him
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 22, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Lol. I quite agree. But there is this Yoruba proverb that says if you use the right hand to discipline a child, you will use the left hand to embrace her.

I am not against some punishment for the child. But after she must have admitted and shows readiness to forge ahead, the parents should help her pass through the stage.

dz had happened wit so many families I knw, afta helpin d gal n takin care of d child, dey stil left home n came back wit anoda belle

1 Like

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by lilytender: 9:21am On Jun 22, 2017
AngelicDamsel:
Its normal for mummy to get angry with a pregnant teenager...................,............ Only this part of the world............

Only the pregnant ones are criticized, other teenagers having sex are safe as long as they don't get pregnant
grin grin grin grin grin

So in other parts of the world parents encourage their unmarried teenagers to get pregnant and then celebrate them. Get lost jooor. Ireti Doyle was loose, thats all.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Sarah20A(f): 9:21am On Jun 22, 2017
Ehiscotch:
There is a high proliferation of abortion abroad. Abortions, that is how they handle it.
u are right
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 22, 2017
lsonnathan:
Hello...I'm new here, please how do you quote someone
click on where you see "quote".... Welcome to nairaland... The land full of milk and honey... You can get banned at any fucking time.. Play safe bro...

1 Like

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by logica(m): 9:25am On Jun 22, 2017
verygudbadguy:

Hmmmm. Very true.
The simple reason is, we don't share the same values across the various ethnic groups. smiley
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by TrumpDonald2: 9:30am On Jun 22, 2017
AngelicDamsel:

Only the pregnant ones are criticized, other teenagers having sex are safe as long as they don't get pregnant
grin grin grin grin grin

The 11th commandment- Thou shall not be caught smiley
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ireti Doyle don't mind your useless mom.

She didn't bring you up properly yet she still was jealous that you had started eating what she was eating.

I'm sure its genetic... Your daughters and granddaughters will break your record.

Wayward woman undecided
guy.... You don mad finish... Na to put you for chain remain now...
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Ayoemrys(m): 9:33am On Jun 22, 2017
lsonnathan:
Hello...I'm new here, please how do you quote someone
very easy,just nak ur phone on d wall,simple as 123
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by ivolt: 9:34am On Jun 22, 2017
verygudbadguy:
Our communities have zero tolerance for wrong doing. They always forget that teenagers are the most exposed in the area of growing up.

The morals and values our parent imbibed in us during the period of growing up are very key in defining our lives. However, there are few times that we lose those morals due to the kind of company we keep.

I think Africans need to learn from the Whites the way they attack situation and not the victim. If a teenager gets pregnant, it will be very difficult for such girl to actualize her dreams because the community/parents would stigmatized her.

Thank God for the likes of Ireti, Genevieve... Against all odds, they still made it.

Which of the "whites" do you want to learn from ?
I don't think you are conversant with the way pregnant teenage girls are handled by "whites".
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by ivolt: 9:37am On Jun 22, 2017
Ehiscotch:

Don't mind him, many Nigerians ignorantly think that the "whites' are some god to be emulated.
In southern USA, pregnant teenager are often forced to marry the responsible boy or man,
while the more liberal parts opts for abortion.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by oodua1stson: 9:38am On Jun 22, 2017
AngelicDamsel:
Its normal for mummy to get angry with a pregnant teenager...................,............ Only this part of the world............

grin grin grin grin grin
hahahahah grin grin
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by iamdynamite(m): 9:39am On Jun 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ireti Doyle don't mind your useless mom.

She didn't bring you up properly yet she still was jealous that you had started eating what she was eating.

I'm sure its genetic... Your daughters and granddaughters will break your record.

Wayward woman undecided
Guy you dey vex ooooooo
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by ExInferis(m): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2017
verygudbadguy:

I think Africans need to learn from the Whites the way they attack situation and not the victim. If a teenager gets pregnant, it will be very difficult for such girl to actualize her dreams because the community/parents would stigmatized her.

Thank God for the likes of Ireti, Genevieve... Against all odds, they still made it.

I hope you never have a daughter.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by yemiosinbajo: 9:53am On Jun 22, 2017
BIGTinfotech:
Smart and intelligent Actress.

Her Dance steps to Ada by Flavour in The Wedding Party was epic though.

But the Yorubas killed that party mehnn. They are the king of owambe. They beat those Igbos hands down.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by verygudbadguy(m): 9:56am On Jun 22, 2017
ExInferis:

I hope you never have a daughter.

I have two. I don't wish for this kinda situation for them. I am trying my possible best to bring them up in the ways they should grow.

But peradventure, it happens, I will adopt all the measures I have stated on this post to ensure that she comes out well and better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by davillian(m): 10:06am On Jun 22, 2017
No O. Your mum should give you a Medal of honour for spreading your legs.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Princeboca12(m): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2017
thisisayus:
This woman don dey collect blokus since 17?? grin
threedaful!!!
Now they'll say "during our own time"
I want to sell my Samsung S4 biko
Location is abk, IB or Lag

Oga mi u go sell am 29k..
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by BIGTinfotech: 10:15am On Jun 22, 2017
Lol...Yea right.

I quite agree.

yemiosinbajo:

But the Yorubas killed that party mehnn. They are the king of owambe. They beat those Igbos hands down.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by toprealman: 10:18am On Jun 22, 2017
Was she meant to clap for you or maybe fry beans as well
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by hafypearl(f): 10:29am On Jun 22, 2017
pretty women.............. all I can see!
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Austinio: 10:31am On Jun 22, 2017
Kondomatic:
Why should Africans learn from the whites?
some white parents do deal with you well well. in this case is not abt white or black or west vs africa.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 22, 2017
The daughter sef looks pregnant.
Re: Ireti Doyle: I Got Pregnant At 17 & My Mother Was Too Harsh On Me by ismaog4u(m): 10:42am On Jun 22, 2017
only few people escape been pregnant with in that age... any way congratulation to u .. exceptional

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yvonne Jegede Reacts To Marriage Breakup Rumors, Shares Hot Photo / Meet Solomon Sobande, XXXTentacion Nigerian Manager / Juliet Ibrahim And Uche Ogbodo Clash On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.