Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,400 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... (759 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad / Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example / Jonathan: I Am Under Pressure To Contest 2019 Election, But I Won't Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by Dereformer(m): 8:12am On Jun 22, 2017
Following, the declaration by Northern elders that North will never allow power to leave the North in 2019, I am beginning to wonder whether it is the North that determines who wins elections or the electorates.

The North used every means necessary, including orchestrating the infamous kidnap of over 200 school girls in Chibok, as well as threats to push JEG out of office.

So many lies, violent speeches were used against the last administration. In fact, it is on record that even INEC was partisan during the build up to 2015 elections.

In the North, under aged children were allowed to vote, voting continued up till 6.30 pm in the north while in south east and south south, voting was stopped around 4.00pm.

Today the same threat is playing out preparatory to 2019 elections.

The North by their actions have already disenfranchised the Acting president from standing to be voted for in 2019.

It brings my earlier stand that the south are really not united to their own disadvantage.

I have come to accord very high regard and respect to AP Osibanjo. He is a nice man, I must confess.

He has shown that he has the capacity to pilot the affairs of Nigeria. He is intelligent, vocal and well educated.

A Yoruba proverb says my enemy's friend is my enemy.
The Yoruba's were very vocal in their distaste for JEG's adminstration. A lot of us, then, came up with the assertion that southern unity should be protected at all cost.

A Yoruba man said even if Buhari provides a NEPA bill they will vote for him. They actually did, thus bringing to end southern brotherhood.

My friend Uduak told me recently that southern brotherhood politically was killed and buried in 2015.

This effectively means that anything will win over Osibanjo in south east and south south in 2019 if he contests.

I urge the south east and south south to begin considering a middle belt candidate for the forth coming elections.

3 Likes

Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by verygudbadguy(m): 8:27am On Jun 22, 2017
Dereformer:
Following, the declaration by Northern elders that North will never allow power to leave the North in 2019, I am beginning to wonder whether it is the North that determines who wins elections or the electorates.

The North used every means necessary, including orchestrating the infamous kidnap of over 200 school girls in Chibok, as well as threats to push JEG out of office.

So many lies, violent speeches were used against the last administration. In fact, it is on record that even INEC was partisan during the build up to 2015 elections.

In the North, under aged children were allowed to vote, voting continued up till 6.30 pm in the north while in south east and south south, voting was stopped around 4.00pm.

The North by their actions have already disenfranchised the Acting president from standing to be voted for in 2019.

It brings my earlier stand that the south are really not united to their own disadvantage.

I have come to accord very high regard and respect to AP Osibanjo. He is a nice man, I must confess.

He has shown that he has the capacity to pilot the affairs of Nigeria. He is intelligent, vocal and well educated.

The Yoruba's were very vocal in their distaste for JEG's adminstration. A lot of us, then, came up with the assertion that southern unity should be protected at all cost.

A Yoruba man said even if Buhari provides a NEPA bill they will vote for him. They actually did, thus bringing to end southern brotherhood.

My friend Uduak told me recently the southern brotherhood politically was killed and buried in 2015.

This effectively means that anything will win over Osibanjo in south east and south south in 2019 if he contests.

I urge the south east and south south to begin considering a middle belt candidate for the forth coming elections.

Nice write up. You should have completed the captivating title in the body of the write up though. You still have the chance to edit. grin

I think you are still playing politics of tribe. I remembered very well in 2011, I worked for INEC and I can categorically tell you that the Yoruba's massively voted Jonathan. What happened in 2015 was as a result of the massive looting that defined Jonathan's tenure.

Jonathan is a nice man. Not really a politician but God ordained him to become a leader. He did his best but Nigerians did not see it as good enough.

In 2019, whoever God has ordained whether a Southerner or a Northerner would get there and fulfill destiny.

1 Like

Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by hammer6: 8:30am On Jun 22, 2017
YORUBAS THINK DEY ARE DEALING WITH FOOLS.

EVEN IF SS FORGET, IGBOS NEVER FORGET ANYTHING.

1 Like

Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by Dereformer(m): 8:32am On Jun 22, 2017
Dereformer:

My friend Uduak told me recently that southern brotherhood politically was killed and buried in 2015.

Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by luvinhubby(m): 8:34am On Jun 22, 2017
Very true, but we can forgive and realign. The olive branch must be extended by the Yoruba political class to their Southern brothers for all to close ranks and work for an Osinbajo presidency come 2019, if God permits.

Reality is beginning to dawn on most of us.
Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by shukuokukobambi: 8:37am On Jun 22, 2017
Dereformer:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I don't really know why you're so bothered. I personally will campaign against an Osinbajo candidacy in 2019. You should be more interested in your Biafra or an Igbo presidency in 2019 and I say this with all seriousness.

In 18 years of democracy so far, Yoruba has been President for 8 years, VP/acting President for 2 years, speaker for 4 years, Senate President for 2 and deputy speaker for 2. What should we count as our gain? I'll count the power plants built in the SW, the Lagos-ibadan road, Lagos-ibadan railway being constructed etc. Those are more durable than the idiocy of helping politicians get appointments that only benefit their immediate families.

I don't know how you reason but of what benefit was the appointments Igbo politicians enjoyed under GEJ to the SE? Even the airport you could point to is a glorified seaport!!

Pls in this 4th republic, Yoruba have had their fair share and we can take a rest from the game of intrigues.

IT'S TIME FOR IGBO PRESIDENCY!!. Put on your thinking caps and fight for it

6 Likes

Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by Markfemi2: 8:40am On Jun 22, 2017
hammer6:

Yes we know Ibo does not forget that's why your filled with hate and you only never forget anything when it comes to Yoruba matter
Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by tuniski: 8:51am On Jun 22, 2017
luvinhubby:
Very true, but we can forgive and realign. The olive branch must be extended by the Yoruba political class to their Southern brothers for all to close ranks and work for an Osinbajo presidency come 2019, if God permits.

Osinbajo and his boss will be voted out come 2019 in whatever form.
Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by shukuokukobambi: 8:57am On Jun 22, 2017
hammer6:

After 10years of Yoruba in the presidency inside 18years of democracy, are you not calling yourself a fool for still obsessing about a Yoruba man for 2019? Are your leaders cursed against Nigerian leadership?

Why not channel your energy to actualize Biafra or Igbo presidency in 2019 instead of wasting it on hating and fighting an imaginary war?

5 Likes

Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by hammer6: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

After 10years of Yoruba in the presidency inside 18years of democracy, are you not calling yourself a fool for still obsessing about a Yoruba man for 2019? Are your leaders cursed against Nigerian leadership?

Why not channel your energy to actualize Biafra or Igbo presidency in 2019 instead of wasting it on hating and fighting an imaginary war?

YORUBA HAVE DESTROYED NIGERIA, I DONT MISS WORDS.
Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by Dereformer(m): 9:21am On Jun 22, 2017
luvinhubby:

We can make amends. But...........
Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by shukuokukobambi: 9:24am On Jun 22, 2017
hammer6:

So why are you not spending your energy to get there and repair the destruction?
Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 22, 2017
hammer6:

VERY TRUE. I remember when Buhari won the election in 2015, some parts of Lagos suddenly became dark. Where I live, the weather changed from bright and became very dull. Spiritually inclined persons understood that it was NOT a good omen for Nigeria. Never. And Yaribas are to blame. The 2015 elections and the build-up to the elections forever changed the way I perceive yaribas. Yorubas and APC used boko haram as a campaign point, instead of them to condemn boko haram and stand with govt for Nigeria's sake. Yoruba media damaged the long standing reputation of the Nigerian army and ridiculed the entire nation because of bitterness over appointments. And here on nairaland, we were called names like Igbos, TANoids, SATANoids, sixth class citizens, ... I can go on and on.... Yoruba. What a tribe.
Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 22, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

So why are you not spending your energy to get there and repair the destruction?

Continue fooling yourself. The SS people are not known for talking too much. Your children and grand children will pay for your stupidity. continue.
Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by lilytender: 9:33am On Jun 22, 2017
hammer6:

Wrong! Yorubas do not think they are dealing with fools, instead, Yorubas know they are dealing with fools because you people are actually senseless fools and you have proven that once again by the senseless statements you posted.

3 Likes

Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by slivertongue: 9:44am On Jun 22, 2017
hammer6:
the opposite is the case
Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by shukuokukobambi: 10:15am On Jun 22, 2017
Realman87:

Continue fooling yourself. The SS people are not known for talking too much. Your children and grand children will pay for your stupidity. continue.

Continue your stupidity. Common sense you lack. What has your empty rants got to do with my post or the thread? Empty chest beating SS wannabe!!

You're already paying for your stupidity. Keep it going angry

2 Likes

Re: But For Yoruba's Position On Jonathan, I Would Have... by mrnigerdelta: 11:00am On Jun 22, 2017
SS voted twice for obj despite d looting in his government. Yoruba's are d problems with d south period.

(1) (Reply)

FG: Cabinate Dissolution. / Dr. Enelamah Inaugurates 10-member Board For The Bank Of Industry (boi) / Fashola Drops 6 Places In The Effectiveness Ranking For Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.