Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Charging New Phone For The First Time - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Charging New Phone For The First Time (18950 Views)

8 Things Every Smartphone User Should Consider When Getting A New Phone / I Have 50k To Get A New Phone, Suggest The Best Phone For Me Please / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charging New Phone For The First Time by topsyspice(f): 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2017
Good day to the phone gurus in the house. Please I need your help. I just got a new phone (Camon CX air) and we don't have light in our area. Can I use generator to charge it for the first time? Will it have any negative effect on the battery? Maybe shorten its span? Is there any alternative to charging it?

Thanking u in advance to answering of d questions?
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by smartty68(m): 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2017
topsyspice:
Good day to the phone gurus in the house. Please I need your help. I just got a new phone (Camon CX air) and we don't have light in our area. Can I use generator to charge it for the first time? Will it have any negative effect on the battery? Maybe shorten its span? Is there any alternative to charging it?

Nope! It won't. Just go ahead and charge it but don't fiddle with it while charging
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by topsyspice(f): 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
Ok. Thank you.
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by sixtusjr(m): 8:09pm On Jun 22, 2017
I didn't charge my CX air till d next day.
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
Using generator to charge it is not a problem.
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
why? are you afraid of using generator?
sixtusjr:
I didn't charge my CX air till d next day.
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by lekjons(m): 7:46am On Jun 23, 2017
the battery must have been charged from factory already, so whether you charge it with generator or not (or at all) nothing will happen to the battery..

buying a new phone I don't necessarily charge my battery for first time use, and nothing goes wrong..

3 Likes

Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by Techpaded(f): 8:07am On Jun 23, 2017
lekjons:
the battery must have been charged from factory already, so whether you charge it with generator or not (or at all) nothing will happen to the battery..

buying a new phone I don't necessarily charge my battery for first time use, and nothing goes wrong..

[s]That's bad! at least 8 hours charge is required for new battery!
[/s]

to the OP, if you'll use a generator, plug it directly to the wall socket - not extension.
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by CarlcareOpebi(f): 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
topsyspice:

Hi @topsyspice Feel free to charge your Phone, but don't use it while charging.
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by TechPanda(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
Techpaded:

That's bad! at least 8 hours charge is required for new battery!

to the OP, if you'll use a generator, plug it directly to the wall socket - not extension.

That 8 Hours Stuff, It was our forefathers who practised this act During The Times Of 3310. grin

Do Producers Still Even Recommend That? Cos I Dont Read Manuals Again (i Wonder If Nigerian Do)

Anyway Op. Plug Your Phone With Pride.

Panda Says Nah You Get Am. I Know Say New Phone Sabi Shark Fine Girls Like You. So Just Dont Press It While Its Charging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by sixtusjr(m): 4:11pm On Jun 23, 2017
Iamdemola:
why? are you afraid of using generator?
nope, bought it d day was to travel, traveled without charging it, got home at night, no light. Left it till d next day.
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by Techpaded(f): 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
TechPanda:

That 8 Hours Stuff, It was our forefathers who practised this act During The Times Of 3310. grin

Do Producers Still Even Recommend That? Cos I Dont Read Manuals Again (i Wonder If Nigerian Do)

Anyway Op. Plug Your Phone With Pride.

Panda Says Nah You Get Am. I Know Say New Phone Sabi Shark Fine Girls Like You. So Just Dont Press It While Its Charging.

OK.
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by LAZAREY: 6:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
@Techpaded, pls I bought a tablet, and on opening it , cos it was sealed. The battery is 100% charged, do I still need to charge it before using it, if yes like how many hrs Do I need to charge?
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by Techpaded(f): 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
LAZAREY:
@Techpaded, pls I bought a tablet, and on opening it , cos it was sealed. The battery is 100% charged, do I still need to charge it before using it, if yes like how many hrs Do I need to charge?

No, since it's full. Interestingly, I've come to know that there's no adverse effects of not doing a full charge on your new battery.

The only problem this might cause is your phone's battery meter being a little bit inaccurate until the battery is fully discharged and charged again.
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by LAZAREY: 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2017
Appreciate your quick response . Remain blessed.
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by topsyspice(f): 3:33am On Jun 25, 2017
Thanks guys for the enlightenment. I am now enjoying it. smiley
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by Ennyholar: 9:24am On Jun 25, 2017
Nice one
Enjoy the device
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 26, 2017
sixtusjr:
nope, bought it d day was to travel, traveled without charging it, got home at night, no light. Left it till d next day.

generator light is good. Except if it's a faulty one. Hope you're able to charge it though
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by mirawhiz: 11:36pm On Oct 21, 2018
Bought a new phone since yesterday. till now ah never use am. people for house nor even know say ah buy phone. Cuz there's no light to charge it.
Thanks for this the response here shall. make day break make ah begin flex my phone abeg
Re: Charging New Phone For The First Time by tafat: 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2018
be patient and make sure you chrage it full before use with nepa light, thats what i did with my spark k7 and i have no regrets
mirawhiz:
Bought a new phone since yesterday. till now ah never use am. people for house nor even know say ah buy phone. Cuz there's no light to charge it.
Thanks for this the response here shall. make day break make ah begin flex my phone abeg

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Introduces A Desktop App For Windows And Mac / Gaming Review On The Infinix Note 4 Pro (PICS) / NIN-SIM: How To Retrieve Your Barred Mobile Phone Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.