Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,657 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 (28220 Views)

BREAKING: INEC Begins Dino Melaye’s Recall Process / INEC Pastes Notice Of Melaye’s Recall Process / Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Tecno66: 7:18am On Jun 23, 2017
They say he is not representing them well but I think he is representing Nigeria well. He is one of the most outspoken senators and to be a good senator you need to be outspoken. If they dont want him I think Nigeria needs him.
Islie:

http://punchng.com/breaking-inec-writes-melaye-begins-recall-process-july-3/

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by GavelSlam: 7:36am On Jun 23, 2017
azimibraun:
Most Nigerians and even those people paid to sign would think Dino is gone after signing and submitting to INEC. They don't know there is verification and referendum afterwards. Am not sure Gov Bello, Sen. Smart and Mr Edward Onoja knows the full process.

Na you wan to teach them.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by nigercoolnews: 7:44am On Jun 23, 2017
wow God is good just see what happened to this evil man here
http://nigercoolnews..com.ng/2017/06/photos-trader-accused-of-using-padlocks.html

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by MaziOmenuko: 7:54am On Jun 23, 2017
savagefinder:
the hard part is verifying that there are registered voters, the power Play going in between Bello and Dino has turned tides in kogi.. Mark my words. The verification process will only turn out to be a scanty one.. Unless of course Bello can make a drama happen..

ihatesycophant:
Mr. Man, your emotion has override you. 5 and 6 is the hardest. Verification of signaturest.

You guys don't seem to get it. Verification is not a biometric exercise. It's just to cross check the names on the signed papers and confirm that those names were actually registered voters in the local govt. This won't take long. The list itself could be obtained from the local councils or state Electoral offices. What is left is for the owners of the named to come and sign against their names. INEC is not going to cross check signatures to see if they were forged or not. So my dear, verification is a done deal.

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by manmacho: 7:58am On Jun 23, 2017
The next thing you will hear from the senate is THE AMENDMENT OF THE PROCESS OF RECALLING NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBER

COMING SOON

2 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by AroOkigbo(m): 8:14am On Jun 23, 2017
freshmimi:
Anybody in the house who wishes to further his/her education abroad
Undergraduate, postgraduate, masters, e.t.c in any course
at $4000 only for any programme should kindly pm me for details.
Thanks in advance.
This is real!
why don't you want to further yours?

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Nellybii: 8:24am On Jun 23, 2017
Kay25:
Its just a joke and waste of money cos the process is cumbersome after verification,the court will play its role and even the upper chamber will also and you understand that the senate will always surround themselves and shield their own...

So you are comfortable with a Senator's allegiance being to his colleagues instead of his constituency.
This is ridiculous.
What the hell is wrong with our beggar lazy youths??
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by savagefinder: 8:29am On Jun 23, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

You guys don't seem to get it. Verification is not a biometric exercise. It's just to cross check the names on the signed papers and confirm that those names were actually registered voters in the local govt. This won't take long. The list itself could be obtained from the local councils or state Electoral offices. What is left is for the owners of the named to come and sign against their names. INEC is not going to cross check signatures to see if they were forged or not. So my dear, verification is a done deal.
OK.. I've heard.. I will quote you after you start hearing things like the process is a failed one
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by MaziOmenuko: 8:33am On Jun 23, 2017
savagefinder:
the hard part is verifying that there are registered voters, the power Play going in between Bello and Dino has turned tides in kogi.. Mark my words. The verification process will only turn out to be a scanty one.. Unless of course Bello can make a drama happen..

Verification: INEC will just check the name on the signed paper, confirm if the name exist in their database of registered voters in that local govt, that's all. They are not going to ask the people come forward, nor will they check the signature to see if it was forged or not.

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by savagefinder: 8:36am On Jun 23, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

ehm.. Bros.. I think you should rethink all your write up again.

Inec will announce the date, time and location for verification
INEC verifies the signatures to the petition at the designation. The signatories must be individuals who appear on the voters’ register.
INEC conducts a referendum if more than one half (50% + 1) of the signatories are verified
INEC writes to the petitioners stating that the minimum requirements for a referendum were not met, if the number verified is less than one half of the registered voters in that constituency. The petition will therefore be dismissed.
INEC conducts a referendum within 90 days of receipt of the petition if the minimum requirements for a referendum are met. The referendum will be a simple yes or no vote on whether the Senator should be recalled, and will be decided by simple majority of the votes of the persons registered to vote in that Senator’s constituency.

So you see.. The verification is going to be made by both the people and Inec, they must appear for verification other wise why the need to announce the time and location for verification?

And after that they still have to conduct a referendum to ascertain the petition and even without buying votes, it's already a lost cause in kogi.. Dino may have his issues but recalling him over this Bello saga isn't possible
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by senatordave1(m): 8:36am On Jun 23, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

you are over correct dear.they will just compare the signatures on the recall form with the ones on the inec register and see if they are the same and i am sure they would be sane because the governor must have used the kogi west register to forge some signatures.after that,dino is a goner
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by savagefinder: 8:42am On Jun 23, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Verification: INEC will just check the name on the signed paper, confirm if the name exist in their database of registered voters in that local govt, that's all. They are not going to ask the people come forward, nor will they check the signature to see if it was forged or not.

Then why will they need to call for a date, time and venues to conduct the verification.

If it is going to be done as you said then they can do it without calling for any venue for verification na.

Wait.. Can't you see what is written here?

INEC verifies the signatures to the petition at the designation. The signatories must be individuals who appear on the voters’ register.

I am sure you have voted before? When they say Inec wants to verify a voter, what does that mean?
Is only to compare names? Don't they see you in person? Don't they ask for your biometric data? Are you not asked to present ur pvc?
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by savagefinder: 8:44am On Jun 23, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

if they should only compare names won't they be cases of stolen PVCs or using dead people PVCs? Wait.. First of all.. Have you ever voted?
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by senatordave1(m): 8:47am On Jun 23, 2017
savagefinder:
ehm.. Bros.. I think you should rethink all your write up again.

Inec will announce the date, time and location for verification
INEC conducts a referendum if more than one half (50% + 1) of the signatories are verified
INEC writes to the petitioners stating that the minimum requirements for a referendum were not met, if the number verified is less than one half of the registered voters in that constituency. The petition will therefore be dismissed.
INEC conducts a referendum within 90 days of receipt of the petition if the minimum requirements for a referendum are met. The referendum will be a simple yes or no vote on whether the Senator should be recalled, and will be decided by simple majority of the votes of the persons registered to vote in that Senator’s constituency.

So you see.. The verification is going to be made by both the people and Inec, they must appear for verification other wise why the need to announce the time and location for verification?

And after that they still have to conduct a referendum to ascertain the petition and even without buying votes, it's already a lost cause in kogi.. Dino may have his issues but recalling him over this Bello saga isn't possible
you are very funny,trying to sentimentally defend you falling boss.the voters dont need to appear on that day.in 2005 during the recall process of simon lalong,the verification was done by just crosschecking signatures with the ones on the manual register to see if they tally and those names are on the register.even if they change the method,am sure the governor has secured all those voters cards and arranged with people who would impersonate.again the governor has deep contacts in inec.once the verification is done,dino is gone because the referendum would be a formality.if 52 percent of registered voters can be conjured against dino,what stops maybe a few thousands from voting him out? dont bank on the senators to help him because the have no part to play.by the time the recall letter gets to saraki,the result would have been public knowledge so dino would be a goner anyhow
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by AK481(m): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

And u think that is solid enough to pass any legal question?
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by senatordave1(m): 8:51am On Jun 23, 2017
savagefinder:
if they should only compare names won't they be cases of stolen PVCs or using dead people PVCs? Wait.. First of all.. Have you ever voted?
oga,he is right.inec no get that time and dont go through all those time wasting method.if you have been part of the voting process,you should be familiar with inec pattern.they would only check if the names are on their register and maybe if the signatures tally and i bet they do.dino is gone.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by MaziOmenuko: 8:56am On Jun 23, 2017
savagefinder:

Then why will they need to call for a date, time and venues to conduct the verification.

If it is going to be done as you said then they can do it without calling for any venue for verification na.

Wait.. Can't you see what is written here?

I am sure you have voted before? When they say Inec wants to verify a voter, what does that mean?
Is only to compare names? Don't they see you in person? Don't they ask for your biometric data? Are you not asked to present ur pvc?

Oga calm down. We must not quarrel, although it is difficult to have a civil discussion in this forum. We are all trying to have a conversation, if u can't be matured a out that, kindly stay off my mentions.

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by savagefinder: 8:56am On Jun 23, 2017
senatordave1:

you are very funny,trying to sentimentally defend you falling boss.the voters dont need to appear on that day.in 2005 during the recall process of simon lalong,the verification was done by just crosschecking signatures with the ones on the manual register to see if they tally and those names are on the register.even if they change the method,am sure the governor has secured all those voters cards and arranged with people who would impersonate.again the governor has deep contacts in inec.once the verification is done,dino is gone because the referendum would be a formality.if 52 percent of registered voters can be conjured against dino,what stops maybe a few thousands from voting him out? dont bank on the senators to help him because the have no part to play.by the time the recall letter gets to saraki,the result would have been public knowledge so dino would be a goner anyhow
you've already jumped into conclusions.. Abeg give me 10 yards of space first let me discuss intellectually with people. From 2005-2017 you haven't noticed any changes in our electoral system abi.. Hear your self.. They will impersonate again.. Smh..
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by savagefinder: 8:58am On Jun 23, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Oga calm down. We must not quarrel, although it is difficult to have a civil discussion in this forum. We are all trying to have a conversation, if u can't be matured a out that, kindly stay off my mentions.
ah ah.. Egbami.. Which one is maturity that you are bringing here now? I asked you vital questions. If you don't have the answer just admit instead of trying to use this canopy. Your own Sha. Good morning.. Bye bye
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by MaziOmenuko: 9:00am On Jun 23, 2017
AK481:

And u think that is solid enough to pass any legal question?

That is why I suggested in my earlier post that Dino may have to go to the courts. Even as such, the courts don't make laws, they only interpret the laws. If the law states 50+1%, they can't change it because of Dino.

Let's watch as events unfold.

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by savagefinder: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2017
senatordave1:

oga,he is right.inec no get that time and dont go through all those time wasting method.if you have been part of the voting process,you should be familiar with inec pattern.they would only check if the names are on their register and maybe if the signatures tally and i bet they do.dino is gone.
okay.. Confirmed.. You do not understand how the system works.. "Inec no get that time and don't go through all those time wasting method" well done ooh.. Ride on..
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Adbiz(m): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2017
When the Dino's recall process is complete and executed.. Bello recall follows.... Still observing
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by engineerboat(m): 10:46am On Jun 23, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
It haff begun. In case you are not yet up to date, here are the 10 steps involved in recalling a senator:

As it is, steps 1 - 4 has been achieved. The verification involved in steps 5 and 6 are near formality, I am sure that INEC will do that one with ease.
So the major step remaining is step 8 which is just like an election; but in this case, it will be a vote to recall and majority will win. I think the hard part has been achieved. The next step should be easier.

It will be interesting to see how Dino scales thru this one. Will he:

A. Go to court to stop the process or wait to see the end?
B. Lobby to have more voters on the day of actual referendum (this is the riskiest step)

His only move will be to go to court and try to frustrate the process. From the lower courts to appeal and to supreme while a court injuction is given to hurt the process until the final judgement.

It just 22 months till the end of his tenure, I guess he would go to court.

But then, this is interesting for our democracy.

***edited:
For those quoting me about verification You guys don't seem to get it. Verification is not a biometric exercise. It's just to cross check the names on the signed papers and confirm that those names were actually registered voters in the local govt. This won't take long. The list itself could be obtained from the local councils or state Electoral offices. What is left is for the owners of the named to come and sign against their names. INEC is not going to cross check signatures to see if they were forged or not. So my dear, verification is a done deal.

Stage 5 and 6 very important.

Signature verification very essential.

So it cannot be a pushed over
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by tuniski: 11:47am On Jun 23, 2017
azimibraun:
Who was Able to sell Gov. Bello this wonderful idea of recalling Mr Dino instead of Ideas on how to grow and develop Kogi state? If I had the opportunity, I would have adviced Mr Bello to clear the 15 or 12months salary the government claims to be owing and pay pensions then get the University and polytechnic back running and rebuild all the demolished round abouts in the state capital lokoja and then wait to see what Dino would say we haven't done since all Dino can talk about is the government's refusal to pay salaries and pensions. That would be my wonderful advice to him not to finance a recall or an assassination. No!
The gov is an accident the people of Kogi will vote him out come 2019.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by tuniski: 11:53am On Jun 23, 2017
senatordave1:

The exercise is only academic and a waste of resources. They can't have 50% turnout let alone have 100% of turnout voting for Dino's recall.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by senatordave1(m): 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2017
tuniski:

The exercise is only academic and a waste of resources. They can't have 50% turnout let alone have 100% of turnout voting for Dino's recall.
seems you lack comprehension of constitutional provisions.the over 51percent turnout figure is only needed when signatures are to be submitted to inec for the recall to commencenot during the referendum.the referendum is like a normal election,even 1 percent turnout is okay as far as there are registered voters of kogi west.out of those that turnout,a simple majority is needed to remove him.assuming 1000 voters turnout and 501 vote to remove dino while 499 vote for him,hes gone oh.thats what will surely happen if inec verifies the signatures.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Kay25(m): 1:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
Bro it's not about being lazy i am only talking of the process that it involves and how hard it will be to recall him back no need of an attack on the youths of the country we all know what the politics of this country is like..
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by tuniski: 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2017
senatordave1:

seems you lack comprehension of constitutional provisions.the over 51percent turnout figure is only needed when signatures are to be submitted to inec for the recall to commencenot during the referendum.the referendum is like a normal election,even 1 percent turnout is okay as far as there are registered voters of kogi west.out of those that turnout,a simple majority is needed to remove him.assuming 1000 voters turnout and 501 vote to remove dino while 499 vote for him,hes gone oh.thats what will surely happen if inec verifies the signatures.
It is you that needs understanding of constitutional provision. The referendum requires simple majority of registered voters not turn out. That is why the term 50%+1. Same condition for a valid petition is for the referendum. Please get informed.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by senatordave1(m): 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2017
tuniski:

It is you that needs understanding of constitutional provision. The referendum requires simple majority of registered voters not turn out. That is why the term 50%+1. Same condition for a valid petition is for the referendum. Please get informed.
you almost got it but you veered off the lane by saying simple simple majority of registered voters is required for both signing of the recall petition and the main referendum when it applies only to the latter option.you also claimedd 50%+1 applies to the referendum not the recall signature.you forgot that not all registered voters would turnout or come out to vote and the total registered voters that participate is the actual turnout.i said earlier that even if 500 or even 5 voters come out to vote and majority vote against dino,he stands recalled and you countered it.dont allow your misguided fervour for the rascal senator blur your sense of cogitation.dino must go.ogwuna.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose: Obi Is More Of A Cancer To PDP, Atiku Can't Win The South West / Fayose Shares Money To Children Who Flocked Around Him After Project Inspection / APC Crisis: Okorocha Blows Hot, Warns Oyegun, NWC Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.