Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 (28213 Views)

BREAKING: INEC Begins Dino Melaye’s Recall Process / INEC Pastes Notice Of Melaye’s Recall Process / Dino Melaye: Recall Process Begins As INEC Receives 6 Bags Containing Signatures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Remzie(m): 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
Teewhy2:
I hope this recall can be a reality to show our leaders that power is in the hands of the people which will help strengthen our democracy. 3/4 of the people in the chamber needs to be recalled they don't contribute meaningfully to their constituency and hardly raise a motion in the chambers. They go there to collect retirement benefits, when it gets to election time they begin to share rice and oil and use touts to win the elections. I believe that assuming dino is not in saraki's camp he would have been suspended and asked to go and clear his issues.
As I dey view this thing it might end the typical Nigeria way just like the certificate issue, I won't be surprise to hear that most of the people that signed are not the voters but political touts.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene
Power is never in the hand of the Nigeria people, Kogi state Governor spent hundred of millions into the mobilization of the those protesting couple with other unseen hands that'll be settle, Dino should humble himself and resolve issue the the kogi state Governor.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
court case loading
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by 9jatatafo(m): 11:05pm On Jun 22, 2017
Will this work? observation mode activated
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 22, 2017
Our democracy is strengthened if Kogi West can pull this off.

This will send a strong message.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Bhol28: 11:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
Kogi Elecorates about to set a precedence to be followed by other electorates in Nigeria.If they succeed definitely most of the senators will be recalled becos they are all in accesible to the people they claim to be representing and collecting millions of naira as constituency allowance

2 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 23, 2017
Islie:

http://punchng.com/breaking-inec-writes-melaye-begins-recall-process-july-3/

Would still end up as other APC witch hunt since 2015
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 23, 2017
Bhol28:
Kogi Elecorates about to set a precedence to be followed by other electorates in Nigeria.If they succeed definitely most of the senators will be recalled becos they are all in accesible to the people they claim to be representing and collecting millions of naira as constituency allowance

With all due respect, I think ur delusional
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by gaskiyamagana: 12:14am On Jun 23, 2017
GasAndOilTheory:
PLEASE HOW CAN I RECALL SOMEONE FROM
LONDON
It is the same. Collect signatures from 774 Local Government areas in the federation.
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by sinkhole: 12:21am On Jun 23, 2017
If this recall is successfully concluded, then I will surely vote in the next election wink

3 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by ericmor: 12:56am On Jun 23, 2017
i don't believe anything in nigeria till it happen because nigeria is full of abrakadabra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by fafambo: 12:57am On Jun 23, 2017
freshmimi:

Anybody in the house who wishes to further his/her education abroad

Undergraduate, postgraduate, masters, e.t.c in any course

at $4000 only for any programme should kindly pm me for details.

Thanks in advance.

This is real!

abroad can be cotonou,sudan,eritrea,pls can u be specific about the country and the 4k dollars is it pay after visa,is issued or before, or is it just merely for school fees,pls throw more light to it, my opinion

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by timota(m): 1:26am On Jun 23, 2017
Teewhy2:
I hope this recall can be a reality to show our leaders that power is in the hands of the people which will help strengthen our democracy. 3/4 of the people in the chamber needs to be recalled they don't contribute meaningfully to their constituency and hardly raise a motion in the chambers. They go there to collect retirement benefits, when it gets to election time they begin to share rice and oil and use touts to win the elections. I believe that assuming dino is not in saraki's camp he would have been suspended and asked to go and clear his issues.
As I dey view this thing it might end the typical Nigeria way just like the certificate issue, I won't be surprise to hear that most of the people that signed are not the voters but political touts.

Are you building on a swampy area, want to do pile foundation /Need Roof parapet.
Reduce the building load by making use of polystyrene material for your roof parapet and slab.
Click below to get more information

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene
its is not the people but the governor so stop deceiving yourselves
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by mencer(m): 1:48am On Jun 23, 2017
[quote

Reduce

[/quote
How safe is this material in the event of Fire
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by hassymo5(m): 2:09am On Jun 23, 2017
NIGERIANS are funny ...ooooo so u guys think DINO will be recalled.

Is a pity.. No body is talking aboutt a Governor who is spending millions trying to recall one person and yet he is owing workers 15 months salaries..

Yahaya bello is using the bailout funds and the paris club funds on trying to recall Dino..no one is talking about it and the workers are there manipulated and given peanuts ..Nigerians are so doll ..

I.don't see DINO..Being recalled... because SARAKI will the one to read the letter of the recall on the floor of the house and I will see who will force him to read that dam stupid letter ..that is if inec eva conclude the maniputed recal process.because it is maniputed..

I see the senators frustrating a process and making that recall impossible.. Just wait and see...beside the whole thing bounce on SARAKI'S table Abi...I wan see how we go force saraki to read an a recall letter on the floor of the house..and DINO is one of the main man of SARAKI
NONSENSE
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by hassymo5(m): 2:14am On Jun 23, 2017

Is a pity.. No body is talking aboutt a Governor who is spending millions trying to recall one person and yet he is owing workers 15 months salaries..

Yahaya bello is using the bailout funds and the paris club funds on trying to recall Dino..no one is talking about it and the workers are there manipulated and given peanuts ..Nigerians are so doll ..

I.don't see DINO..Being recalled... because SARAKI will be the one to read the letter of the recall on the floor of the house and I will see who will force him to read that dam stupid letter ..that is if inec eva conclude the maniputed recal process.because it is maniputed..

I see the senators frustrating a process and making that recall impossible.. Just wait and see...beside the whole thing bounce on SARAKI'S table Abi...I wan see how we go force saraki to read an a recall letter on the floor of the house..and DINO is one of the main man of SARAKI
NONSENSE
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by BLACKPANTHER(m): 4:12am On Jun 23, 2017
Call back was only done in Plateau State...hope you do it well
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by yjgm(m): 4:29am On Jun 23, 2017
auntysimbiat:
NOTHING DO YOU. YOU RIGHT NOW !!
LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwZ7srxTXC0
many are mad but only few are roaming the streets

2 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by azimibraun: 4:36am On Jun 23, 2017
hassymo5:

I.don't see DINO..Being recalled... because SARAKI will be the one to read the letter of the recall on the floor of the house and I will see who will force him to read that dam stupid letter ..that is if inec eva conclude the maniputed recal process.because it is maniputed..

NONSENSE
I have giving up hope on the average Nigerian person's thinking and understanding of politics and power play. Who in his right sense still sees this a Dino fight alone is sure a child in politics. 109 senators don't see a fight against Dino. They see an affront on the institution of the Senate and they can never allow that happen. Recall one and others become endangered species. How would Nigerians view the powerfull senate when a brand new governor and politician can just at a throw of small cash remove one of them at will? I said it here and I will repeat it again. The Governor is taking his fight too far and losing sight of the consequences. Why are guys like El Rufai not making such moves to recall Shehu Sanni in Kaduna? Didn't Peter Obi had all it took to take Ngige out if was that easy? Wise men just manage their fights well.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by tuniski: 4:37am On Jun 23, 2017
tesppidd:
Well this is getting quite interesting. Could someone pls enlighten me, what is the complete process of recall of a legislator? If all the signatures are verified correct what happens next? Pls someone tell me.
INEC will now call for a referendum for which a 50%+1 votes must be yes of registered voters in the constituency. Bottomline it is an exercise in futility!
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by azimibraun: 4:45am On Jun 23, 2017
tuniski:

INEC will now call for a referendum for which a 50%+1 votes must be yes of registered voters in the constituency. Bottom line it is an exercise in futility!
Who was Able to sell Gov. Bello this wonderful idea of recalling Mr Dino instead of Ideas on how to grow and develop Kogi state? If I had the opportunity, I would have adviced Mr Bello to clear the 15 or 12months salary the government claims to be owing and pay pensions then get the University and polytechnic back running and rebuild all the demolished round abouts in the state capital lokoja and then wait to see what Dino would say we haven't done since all Dino can talk about is the government's refusal to pay salaries and pensions. That would be my wonderful advice to him not to finance a recall or an assassination. No!
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by adetayo234: 5:15am On Jun 23, 2017
izospindle:
dino my guy nothing de mega.. bello is an amateur

By the time something mega, only Dino will face it; you won't have any contribution

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by adetayo234: 5:17am On Jun 23, 2017
EdCure:

The guy doesn't seem to have anything to lose. His greatest dream, obviously, was to be called a senator... Judging by his manner of behavior since he became one.
You think he has nothing to lose? You is funny

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by adetayo234: 5:34am On Jun 23, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
It haff begun. In case you are not yet up to date, here are the 10 steps involved in recalling a senator:

As it is, steps 1 - 4 has been achieved. The verification involved in steps 5 and 6 are near formality, I am sure that INEC will do that one with ease.
So the major step remaining is step 8 which is just like an election; but in this case, it will be a vote to recall and majority will win. I think the hard part has been achieved. The next step should be easier.

It will be interesting to see how Dino scales thru this one. Will he:

A. Go to court to stop the process or wait to see the end?
B. Lobby to have more voters on the day of actual referendum (this is the riskiest step)

His only move will be to go to court and try to frustrate the process. From the lower courts to appeal and to supreme while a court injuction is given to hurt the process until the final judgement.

It just 22 months till the end of his tenure, I guess he would go to court.

But then, this is interesting for our democracy.

There is nothing to do in court. The law is clear on this thing. There hasn't been any breach in process so far. So no case to tender before a court. Instead I see him lobbying

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by savagefinder: 5:49am On Jun 23, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
It haff begun. In case you are not yet up to date, here are the 10 steps involved in recalling a senator:

As it is, steps 1 - 4 has been achieved. The verification involved in steps 5 and 6 are near formality, I am sure that INEC will do that one with ease.
So the major step remaining is step 8 which is just like an election; but in this case, it will be a vote to recall and majority will win. I think the hard part has been achieved. The next step should be easier.

It will be interesting to see how Dino scales thru this one. Will he:

A. Go to court to stop the process or wait to see the end?
B. Lobby to have more voters on the day of actual referendum (this is the riskiest step)

His only move will be to go to court and try to frustrate the process. From the lower courts to appeal and to supreme while a court injuction is given to hurt the process until the final judgement.

It just 22 months till the end of his tenure, I guess he would go to court.

But then, this is interesting for our democracy.
the hard part is verifying that there are registered voters, the power Play going in between Bello and Dino has turned tides in kogi.. Mark my words. The verification process will only turn out to be a scanty one.. Unless of course Bello can make a drama happen..
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by olajizz01(m): 5:51am On Jun 23, 2017
EdCure:

The guy doesn't seem to have anything to lose. His greatest dream, obviously, was to be called a senator... Judging by his manner of behavior since he became one.
woo,very true,he has realised his highest ambition in life judging by his manner of behaviour since he became (sinato)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by seguntijan(m): 5:56am On Jun 23, 2017
If this historical move actually materialise then I am confident to say our Democracy is getting matured. first it was the removal of a sitting president, now it's a withdrawal of a serving senator, we're getting there.

2 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by nisimi09: 6:00am On Jun 23, 2017
Forget Dino Melaye and come and farm.

https://www.nairaland.com/3877440/want-farm-dont-know-how

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by bakila: 6:11am On Jun 23, 2017
GavelSlam:

Except for judicial rascality, no court can trump the constitution.
" A court can not grant an injunction to restrian the occurance of a constitution act that is about to happen"
PETER VS OKOYE

2 Likes

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by rafindo(m): 6:33am On Jun 23, 2017
[quote author=oshomo200 post=57766238][/quote]
secarto@yahoo.com
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by GasAndOilTheory(m): 6:49am On Jun 23, 2017
gaskiyamagana:

It is the same. Collect signatures from 774 Local Government areas in the federation.

Let me collect your own first
Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by Prodigy001: 6:50am On Jun 23, 2017
I do hope Nigerians can come together as one too and recall any political office holder who failed us

for instance the constitution should allow us recall the President of the federal republic of Nigeria if he or she is performing woefully but funny enough the constitution did not make provision for such

1 Like

Re: INEC Writes Melaye, Begins Recall Process July 3 by rayopt(m): 6:55am On Jun 23, 2017
can't wait for this shyt to shele!!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Asks Buhari To Apologise To National Assembly / Delta State Registered Rickety Car With Funny Pro-buhari Tag / We Arrived National Assembly At 4am To Prevent 2015 Scenario - Bamidele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.