Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 (3846 Views)

RUGA Suspension Victory For Nigeria- Ortom / Femi Falana Involved In Road Accident, Breaks His Leg, Threatens To Sue FG / Great Victory!!! Suspended NIA Boss, Ayo Oke, Declared Not Guilty, As Buhari, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by jbbalarabe(m): 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
The Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, has finally broken his silence on the quit notice order given by a coalition of Northern Arewa youths.
Speaking when he hosted Leaders of resident communities, Heads of Security Agencies, Civil Society Groups, and Media Practitioners, to a Ramadan break fast dinner at his Palace in Sokoto, the Monarch maintained that no matter the call for secession, Nigerians would remain one big family.

His words: “No matter what anybody can say, no matter what is happening, we are still one big family.
“Let’s sit down, discuss these issues. So that together we can find out what really went wrong. Let us retrace our steps and see where we started getting things wrong, so that we can find the way of sorting things out.
“It is a simple thing, because we are all eager to live in peace, united, and to have a morally upright country, based on justice, equity, and above all, fear of God
“I am totally disappointed over what is happening. I like challenges, and we are in a challenging period, and we will take it up. We will continue preaching love, impartiality, respect, and unity, in the country.”

Urging Nigerians to shun suspicion and respect one another, the Sultan called on elders to caution their youths.
He said: “If you see your son misbehaving and decide to keep quiet, it means you are supporting him, because no father wants to see his son going astray, without doing anything.”
He added: “We don’t have to resort to uncomplimentary remarks or violence to make our demands heard, because insecurity doesn’t help anybody. No violence pays anybody, or resolves any problem.
“We should stop looking down on others, unless we want to lift them up. We should understand ourselves and respect one another
Source http://www.post-nigeria.com/great-victory-for-nigeria-as-father-of-the-north-breaks-his-silence-ahead-of-oct-1-massacre-releases-fantastic-statement/
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by codedguy1(m): 12:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
Everybody is talking about how to live together peacefully

Meaning everything should be put on the table, restructure, secession etc.

Am sure if the southeast had the option between biafra and restructure/true federalism, most of dbthem will choose the latter.

So what exactly is holding us back from having this talk.

10 Likes

Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by sarrki(m): 12:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
There is strength in diversity

1 Like

Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by nototribalist: 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
Story, by October all Unity beggers can go to hell. We're not going back. Our leader Mazi Nnamdi kanu have said it, anyone who is against Biafrans will die. Period

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by Jabioro: 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2017
Wait until your life is used for collateral damages... just write your will if there's anymore thing after the carnages...
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by oladeebo: 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
Great your royal highest Nigeria will be great and here is a tangible proposition t stop suspicious in our nation:
we adopt the world standard Zoning and left behind the imaginary line of 1914 of Northern and Southern Nigeria for Western and Eastern Nigeria!
look at this map:

Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by aolawale025: 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
Whatever happens the era of a section of the country riding on the others is soon to be over forever.
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by OrdercityWeb: 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
grin
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by FUNNYBONE1(m): 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
I comment my reserve
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by SofiaAmrozia(f): 2:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
The fact is Nigeria is and will continue to be Nigeria. We're all in this for the long haul, the igbos want restructuring, let's give them restructuring. Secession doesn't help anybody, with the exception of South Korea, how many countries can you name that seceded from their parent country and still survives?
Dialogue is the way forward.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by Generalyemi(m): 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2017
rubbish
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by PFRB: 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
Did he in any where talk about the quit notice??
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by hamilton62(m): 3:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
SofiaAmrozia:
The fact is Nigeria is and will continue to be Nigeria. We're all in this for the long haul, the igbos want restructuring, let's give them restructuring. Secession doesn't help anybody, with the exception of South Korea, how many countries can you name that seceded from their parent country and still survives?
USSR
Serbia and Montenegro with others
Eritrea
etc

2 Likes

Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by ehinmowo: 3:07pm On Jun 23, 2017
I cn see some idiot who never witnessed a person been shot by gun b4, making threat abt war. All these small pikin self

1 Like

Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by LionDeLeo: 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
There is nothing like that.

We are tired of chest beating and all those things associated with iporks, let them just leave.
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by kingzizzy: 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
oladeebo:
Great your royal highest Nigeria will be great and here is a tangible proposition t stop suspicious in our nation:
we adopt the world standard Zoning and left behind the imaginary line of 1914 of Northern and Southern Nigeria for Western and Eastern Nigeria!
look at this map:

The imaginary line of 1914? Was that before or after Lugards girlfriend named you and your ancestors after a common River?

1 Like

Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by oladeebo: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
kingzizzy:

The imaginary line of 1914? Was that before or after Lugards girlfriend named you and your ancestors after a common River?
ok!
The new policy is Western and Eastern region which zone Nigeria equally for equity, peace and prosperity, No more fulani from North but fulani from west or East!
The oil reserve is still in the two region Western and Eastern region!
with this policy we free ourselves with bondage of North and South that had cost our dear nation dearly!
pls! study the map:

Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by oladeebo: 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2017
SofiaAmrozia:
and Nigeria will be better with new policy of world standard of Zoning in which the federation is Zone in Western and Eastern Nigeria intsead of Northern and Southern Nigeria.
look at the New Zone:
Northwest
sokoto
kebbi
kano
kaduna
zanfara
katsina

West central
NIGER
KWARA
KOGI
FTC

West
OYO
OSUN
EKITI
ONDO
OGUN
LAGOS

Northeast
YOBE
BORNO
GOMBE
BAUCHI
ADMAWA

East central
PLATUAU
NASARAWA
BENUE
TARABA

East
Abia
Enugu
Ebonyi
Imo
Anambra

Southeast
CrOSS RIVER
AKWAIBON
RIVER

Southwest
Edo
Delta
Bayelsa

Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by Mujtahida: 5:48pm On Jun 23, 2017
hamilton62:

USSR
Serbia and Montenegro with others
Eritrea
etc
USSR was a political union of communist Soviet Nations concentrated in Eastern Europe much like any other political bloc today EU, ECOWAS AU. Those nations reverted back to their nationhood after the collapse of the Soviet Union. So please don't use Soviet Union to buttress your argument.
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
No single word of caution for the youths that caused this whole stir, why are these people like this?
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by ZorGBUooeh: 6:02pm On Jun 23, 2017
He spoke well,at least he dint threaten anybody with war like his crazy broders do..Sir we need our own abuja ad lagos in south south ad south east..Simple! or you call for referendum.
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by Mcreloaded(m): 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
SofiaAmrozia:

South Korea and North Korea are still technically at war they never signed any peace agreement
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by DabuIIIT: 7:07pm On Jun 23, 2017
SofiaAmrozia:

czekoslovakia now czech and slovakia republics..those are beautiful european nations.
India and pakistan used to be one country also. Nigeria mustnt be different..i am edo and i am for referradum.
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by hamilton62(m): 7:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

USSR was a political union of communist Soviet Nations concentrated in Eastern Europe much like any other political bloc today EU, ECOWAS AU. Those nations reverted back to their nationhood after the collapse of the Soviet Union. So please don't use Soviet Union to buttress your argument.
Thanks but what about the others.
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by Mujtahida: 7:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
hamilton62:

Thanks but what about the others.
I don't know how the others are doing since their break ups. I just wanted to correct the USSR part.
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 23, 2017
jbbalarabe:

His words: “No matter what anybody can say, no matter what is happening, we are still one big family...
“It is a simple thing, because we are all eager to live in peace, united, and to have a morally upright country, based on justice, equity, and above all, fear of God"

When l see statements like this l wonder if these men ever leave the comfort of their compound and sample the mood on the street. Actually Sir, we are eager to break up. I'm from the South South and l say we want a referendum.

Mujtahida:

You lie. The USSR was nothing like the EU. The USSR was very much a country/State. You don't need to twist facts to make a point.

1 Like

Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by Mujtahida: 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2017
ItsTheBachelor:

When l see statements like this l wonder if these men ever leave the comfort of their compound and sample the mood on the street. Actually Sir, we are eager to break up. I'm from the South South and l say we want a referendum.

You lie. The USSR was nothing like the EU. The USSR was very much a country/State. You don't need to twist facts to make a point.
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha. See this colossal 20 year old ignoramus. Go and do research before you come here and start spewing nonsense, misinforming people with fake, twisted propaganda. USSR that I knew about in my childhood. Without going online to check, tell me the full meaning of USSR. Have you heard about the Communist Revolution of 1917, ever heard of Tsar Romanov and his family, Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, Nikita Kruschev, Bela Kun, Kalganov, Alexander Solzenitsyn etc.? Do you know what commissars, politiburo, gulag, NKVD, glasnost, Pravda mean?
No wonder you are Itsthebachelor, you have refused to marry knowledge.

4 Likes

Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
Mujtahida:

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha. See this colossal 20 year old ignoramus. Go and do research before you come here and start spewing nonsense, misinforming people with fake, twisted propaganda. USSR that I knew about in my childhood. Without going online to check, tell me the full meaning of USSR. Have you heard about the Communist Revolution of 1917, ever heard of Tsar Romanov and his family, Lenin, Trotsky, Stalin, Nikita Kruschev, Bela Kun, Kalganov, Alexander Solzenitsyn etc.? Do you know what commissars, politiburo, gulag, NKVD, glasnost, Pravda mean?
No wonder you are Itsthebachelor, you have refused to marry knowledge. Ode.

Now who's the kid?
I only seek to correct your misconception but you've said so many things without making any point.
I won't come down to your level to exchange insults with you,I'm a grown up - something you will understand when you become one too.
In the mean time,make use of the internet. Ask google if the USSR was a country or just something reminiscent of the EU as you claimed.
Thanks.
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by toofit007: 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
SofiaAmrozia:
your now begging for dialogue, just be wasting your time on dialogue. it is dead on arrival, all we are saying is biafran or death.
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by Mujtahida: 11:56pm On Jun 23, 2017
ItsTheBachelor:

Now who's the kid?
I only seek to correct your misconception but you've said so many things without making any point.
I won't come down to your level to exchange insults with you,I'm a grown up - something you will understand when you become one too.
In the mean time,make use of the internet. Ask google if the USSR was a country or just something reminiscent of the EU as you claimed.
Thanks.
You were extremely rude and infantile to say I lied(did you not read how I stated my point to the first guy without disparaging him and he too was very civil in his response to which I further replied his queries by admitting that I don't know? You should have taken a cue from the tone of the thread and just state your point without calling me a liar).

There's no single misconception in what I wrote except that which exist in your mind. I said the USSR was like the EU, ECOWAS, AU. I didn't say it was the same but LIKE, as in a bloc consisting of different nations. I didn't say it was reminiscent (for God's sakes the EU is still in existence so how can the USSR be reminiscent of it?, do you know what reminiscent means?)

Is the EU not a bloc made up of many countries? So what was a lie about my saying that the USSR was a BLOC like the current EU? You came up to say the USSR was a country/state when it was nothing of that sort. The USSR was a union of 15 Republics concentrated mainly in Eastern Europe. These nations existed as distinct sovereign nations before the creation of the Soviet Union in 1922 and they have continued to exist after its collapse-heck, this is elementary, everyone born in the 60, 70-80's (except 90's)should know this even without the Internet Sorry but please don't add stubbornness to ignorance because you are still insisting the Soviet was a country /state. For example Russia as one of the many Republics was a nation existing at least 300 years before the creation of the Union and has continued to exist after the collapse of the Union.
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:00am On Jun 24, 2017
At least he didn't call for the arrest of the Arewa youths whose quit notice was a reaction to Kanu's continued violation of his bail conditions with impunity along with his threats and hate speeches; while his Igbo elders are keeping mute or not calling for his rearrest, in contrast to northern elders who are coming down heavily against their own.
Re: Great Victory For Nigeria As Father Of The North Breaks His Silence Ahead Oct1 by stingg(m): 5:25am On Jun 24, 2017
oladeebo:

ok!
The new policy is Western and Eastern region which zone Nigeria equally for equity, peace and prosperity, No more fulani from North but fulani from west or East!
The oil reserve is still in the two region Western and Eastern region!
with this policy we free ourselves with bondage of North and South that had cost our dear nation dearly!
pls! study the map:
A second look at the map will suggest a swap between "East" and "South East". The new SE should be the region beside "South West" while "East" next to Cameroun. It's the same principle used in naming "West".
If possible, remove Niger state from "West Central" and lump it up with "North West".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reason Why Nigerians Must Demand Igbo President Come 2023 / My Opinion About The Whole South East Landlocked Noise!! / My 10 Best Sex Positions During Pregnancy By Adina Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.