Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,671 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) (14006 Views)

Zimbabwean Student Steals Women's Panties, Arrested (Photos) / Mr Magic Powder Robber In Police Net (photo) / Imo Poly Student Steals 2 Cars, Use Cash To 'sort Result' And Girlfriend (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by dre11(m): 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2017
UNICAL Final Year Student In Police Net For Stealing N300, 000 From Fruit Seller In Calabar

By Archibong Jeremiah

Emmanuel Dominic, a 400 level student of the University of Calabar (UNICAL) has been taken into custody by men of the Nigeria Police Force, State Housing Division, Calabar Cross River State for allegedly stealing three hundred thousand (N300, 000) naira from a fruit seller in Calabar.

According to the fruit seller who prefers anonymity, “Dominic has been coming around my business place and he patronizes me frequently, he usually relaxes with us. It all started with his frequent patronage and friendliness, sometimes he will be in possession of my phone in the name of collecting music at times movies, at times I do ask him to help charge my phone for me in that barbing salon (pointing at the barbers shop adjacent to her fruit stand) where we all do.

“I saved that money for my school issues because I have finished since two years ago, I did my project and all that is left to do my clearance which includes my outstanding fees and is the major reason I am doing this business and saving that money in my UBA account. Recently my partner went to the bank to use the ATM to withdraw some money to solve an urgent issue and upon reaching there the machine kept telling him insufficient funds”.

Continuing her account, she said: “We went to the bank (UBA Calabar road branch, the one opposite Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company, PHEDC) for enquiry and discovered that severally recharge cards ranging from 5000 plus and at times transfer have been done from my account to another using my phone. They advised us to keep cool not to scare the person and think carefully.

When the records were shown to me and I thought over it and then discovered that Dominic is the one behind it, some days he usually pass and would pretend not to notice us one day I ran after him and held his shirt asking him why he did what he did to me, he denied but because of the drama people came and at the end to prove his innocence he went to the bank with us and eventually it was his number that appeared in the many recharge card purchase and his friend’s account number that he does transfer my money to. At the end he opened up and told us that he used the money to solve some problems of he’s”.

Advert by CRWatch :Place Yours
CrossRiverWatch findings reveal that the several transactions Dominic allegedly did from the fruit sellers account were within the period of 16 th May, 2017 and 15 th June, 2017.

While still at the bank, upon Dominic’s confession, his mother fainted.

She later returned a hundred thousand Naira and wrote undertaken to pay back the remaining sum in three installments beginning from 19 th June, 2017.

The account Dominic usually transfer the money to belongs to one of he’s course mate, Otu whom our sources disclosed that the suspect, who is the only son of his mother, usually tells that his uncle is sending money through his account and when it drops, Otu does the withdrawal and hands over but when Dominic was caught, he sent Otu a text saying he shouldn’t go to his bank that all the money he’s been withdrawing for him is stolen.

As at the time of filling this report he was still in Police custody and his department in school was yet to be confirmed.

http://crossriverwatch.com/2017/06/unical-final-year-student-in-police-net-for-stealing-n300-000-from-fruit-seller-in-calabar/

lalasticlala
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Priscy01(f): 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by ZeroUnity: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
Hunger in the land.... But this guy is a thief, nail him well... Bad blood.
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Papiikush: 2:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
He should be killed. Spare nobody.

If you have been robbed of your valuables you will understand how it hurts.

6 Likes

Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by ekensi01: 2:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
God please epp this one. I hate anything from Ghana, its like poo to me. Rubbish
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
Wat

Fruit seller has 300k available for stealing? shocked

Meanwhile FYI 80% of Nigerian graduates are worth not more than 200k(meaning if they sell everything they have including their self nd less any debts... money realized won't b up to 200k)

BUHARI CONTINUE

#Eco99#

2 Likes

Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
This Dominic sef.
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Islie: 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
lalasticlala..

at this hard times........ he decided to steal from a hustler, the guy no dey shame at all
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Jabioro: 7:03pm On Jun 23, 2017
Let him pay everything with interest
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by TheHistorian(m): 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
Papiikush:
He should be killed. Spare nobody

Pardon?

Kill for stealing 300,000 naira?

Please,Is this how you value human lives in your dungeon region?

5 Likes

Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Abeyjide: 7:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
the young shall grow
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Adeoluwa7070(m): 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
Emmanuel Dominic
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by TechPanda(m): 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
Am I The Only One Who Came To Check Name?
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Kiddomiles: 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
8 sad
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by oshe11: 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
Bt he didnt steal any moni na

All he did was transfer numbers frm her fone undecided

Abi ordinary number dn turn moni

Ayam CONFUSED
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Coldfeets: 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
What a wicked fellow!
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by imma2(m): 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
Shameful act
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
Papiikush:
He should be killed. Spare nobody

Evans and snake on nairaland like 5 and 6
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by djjosh(m): 7:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
IYAM QONFUSED
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by EmyLeo(m): 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
the guy's look tho....lol
"please nah" ,I was only playing with figures on your phone..
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by sylve11: 7:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
this is wickedness. cool
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by heisenbergheise(m): 8:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
angry angry

Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Organs(m): 8:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
oshe11:
Bt he didnt steal any moni na

All he did was transfer numbers frm her fone undecided

Abi ordinary number dn turn moni

Ayam CONFUSED

Go learn "english comprehension"
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
The guy na tiff
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by JerryQ: 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2017
I tell people don't only password your phone, password your sim cos if your sim gets into a wrong hand they can use the sim to buy credit of any worth from your account and transfer the credit to their line or sell the credit online on site that allows you exchange credit for cash. password your sim today....

1 Like

Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by oshe11: 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
Organs:

Go learn "english comprehension"

it is u who nid to learn....
he onli transfer digits.....

is it his fault that he cud use dose digits to call or bank gave him cash cos of d digits
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by otokx(m): 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2017
See the "leaders" of tomorrow.
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by ipobarecriminals: 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
sad his village people Don pin am
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by blank(f): 9:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
Are you sure its not the Calabar scamming crew of Nairaland that has been caught? Gracesome and Beatsbug.
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Terver90: 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2017
just imagine this. Do we really have hope in this country with the type of youths we have in our beloved country? Imagine that guy in public office with public funds. Lord JESUS I commit this country into your able hands
Re: UNICAL Student Steals N300,000 From Fruit Seller, Lands In Police Net (Photo) by Rhisky(m): 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
[color=#770077][/color] i know this guy, tall funny looking guy. Used 2 think he was dumb didnt know he was this smart... Well not really coz he got caught, thank God he wasnt lyched.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police & Army Foil Kidnap Attempt In Kaduna, Rescue 76 Victims / RRS Arrests Gang Of 5 For Robbing 58-Year-Old Woman On New Year Eve (Photos) / Man Accused Of Owing Women Money While Doing Giveaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.