Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman (32923 Views)

Nigerian Lady Sold As A Sex Slave/housemaid In Oman Cries Out For Help! Video! / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / Nigerian Hairdresser Tricked To Oman, Turned To A Slave, Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by isahsalee: 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
scam loading, guys be careful
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by LalaSnakeLala(m): 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
Meanwhile, what's happening to Nairaland server?

2 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2017
Op you are an unrepentant liar.

3 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
winternationals:
hmmm I smell some lies

this days some people always talk to defend themselves

no truth in so many people again

just trust only yourself

some people use to say I don't trust myself

but as for me I trust myself sha

The lies are glaring...too glaring and it's a shame. That's how one Op copied one rubbish and claimed they removed a Nigerian's kidneys. Which was cold misinformed lies.

1 Like

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by enemyofprogress: 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
SaulRazor:

Yes they has beated her Tew muches ooo and nows she looking like a mens wink
what is this one writing? Simple English you cannot spoke, is it by force to wrote in English? Seun please do something about this people that doesn't know how to spoke good English here, they are disgrcing us before the poblic

4 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by kingdenny(m): 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
The grass is not always greener on the other side. This one na chance
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by enemyofprogress: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
LalaSnakeLala:
Meanwhile, what's happening to Nairaland server?
seun has traveled to mecca

3 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by NCP: 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Is it because she was beated that made her body looks like that of a man?

Maybe.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by andyanders: 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2017
ennyhola:
SHE OR HE?

Just one answer

Exactly. Looks like a man

2 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by SKIPCY(m): 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
EVILFOREST:
People have been warned severally to avoid ISLAMIC COUNTRIES
Even MUSLIMS in Pakistan, Syria, Iraq, Yemen want to enter EUROPE, US, CHINA by all cost...

Even BIAFRANs are trying to avoid them

Go To countries where LIFE is sacred...., where JESUS is Lord
Jesus is Lord everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by enemyofprogress: 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
NCP:

Maybe.
they shouldn't have beated her now
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Bruno3000(m): 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Just listen to yourself. The English sweet you? Sha... its not your fault.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Idrismusty97(m): 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2017
Did you say Oman? If yes then they is no cause for alarm, That's their normal way of life. They are still living in the 18th century.

3 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Lexusgs430: 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
SaulRazor:

But many maids in Lagos earn more than 50k a month Na plus chuwa chuwa

Abi nah 24 hour power supply carry her go Oman?

4 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by banmee(m): 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:

Beated? Haba..... undecided
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
So people still go to those middle East countries to work? to be a maid?
smh

1 Like

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by deor03(m): 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
fineola90:
Hello All, please help in any way that you can. My cousin is in Oman doing housemaid (we just finding out) and her mother passed away three days ago suddenly. She is trying to come home for the funeral but her boss took her to the agent's office where they beat her and sent her back to her boss house. Now her boss has her passport and will not release it. She paid 500k to her agent in Nigeria to help her process her visa and they are paying her about 50k/month for working all day.

Please help us. Anyone with similar experience? How have you gotten through it? What can we do in this instance? There is no Nigerian embassy in Oman.

- Look for Abike Dabiri on Twitter
- Give her all the details, to secure her release
- If you can't get Abike Dabiri, start a hashtag cc the popular twitterlord for retweet

5 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by LalaSnakeLala(m): 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:
She wasn't "beated", she was "beatened"
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by profnigga(m): 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2017
lemme call a Friend. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . it serms dis person below me av a suggestion.

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Lexusgs430: 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2017
andyanders:

Exactly. Looks like a man

Let's presume Tomboy.....
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by DisGuy: 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2017
She paid 500k to her agent in Nigeria to help her process her visa and they are paying her about 50k/month for working all day.

I understand the agreement from the get go is usually for a minimum of 2years and they forfeit their passport for that duration

middle eaat and UAE generally don't have any form of employee protection especially in the informal sector or perhaps when dealing with Africans and Asians

2 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by ivolt: 5:36pm On Jun 23, 2017
It is no news that the worst place to be a maid is in the Arabic gulf countries,
they treat maids as slave.
Yet some Islamists wants our kids to learn Arabic language so they
can go serve as maids abroad.
SMH.

4 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by 360command: 5:37pm On Jun 23, 2017
fineola90:
Hello All, please help in any way that you can. My cousin is in Oman doing housemaid (we just finding out) and her mother passed away three days ago suddenly. She is trying to come home for the funeral but her boss took her to the agent's office where they beat her and sent her back to her boss house. Now her boss has her passport and will not release it. She paid 500k to her agent in Nigeria to help her process her visa and they are paying her about 50k/month for working all day.

Please help us. Anyone with similar experience? How have you gotten through it? What can we do in this instance? There is no Nigerian embassy in Oman.
This might require money but he/she needs to go to hospital so that a medical checkup can be done to show the maid was hit. then the doctor needs to write a letter to the Oman police service indicating the maid was dealth with severely.

the maid, would then proceed to the police station and report the case.. There the police would ask for medical proof, once shown, they would act on it.

your relative needs to stand on his ground and take this matter to the police even if one station cannot help, he just needs to proceed to another station until his voice his heard.

no employer or anybody has the right to confiscate anyone passport except the law and immigration. my passport is my identity.

1 Like

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by soflygerian(m): 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
If we were in a sane country you would have reached out to your senator and prolly your HOR member and run to the ministry of foreign affairs and complain.. My lawd... Look at the time am late...

2 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by brightk(m): 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
fineola90:

pls is dis ur cousin from delta state?
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by enemyofprogress: 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2017
Bruno3000:
Just listen to yourself. The English sweet you? Sha... its not your fault.
shataaaaaap
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by enemyofprogress: 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2017
LalaSnakeLala:

She wasn't "beated", she was "beatened"
get out there is nothing like beatened

3 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by jalay(m): 5:44pm On Jun 23, 2017
ifyalways:
Nothing anyone can do about it sadly. It has been shouted here times without number, Arab countries with exception of one or two is not a place to go for skilled, unskilled or domestic jobs, it only favors certified professionals else na pure slavery.

Let's hope and pray they don't push her down from the twentieth floor. Yes, Arabs are mean like that to their domestic helps aka slaves.

I have always warn them, times without number about going to those region but Chima wouldn't listen to me.
I am fed up

2 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by obamabinladen(m): 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:
what is this one writing? Simple English you cannot spoke, is it by force to wrote in English? Seun please do something about this people that doesn't know how to spoke good English here, they are disgrcing us before the poblic

Maybe you want to be beated like her that's why your are talk like this. Calling mods won't helping you in this, just underkwuruoto that I no schooling.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by InvertedHammer: 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
/
She sold herself to slavery.

No hope for her. If you must travel to a foreign land, go to where you can be protected.

Is this difficult to understand? Sobbing stories from stvpid people are becoming irritating.

\

2 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by omoiyamayor(m): 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
SmartMugu:
Oman ke? Are Nigerians there too? Wetin dem dey find go that kain place?
Oman is rich I promise u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Truck Crushes Lagos Driver To Death As He Was Under His Truck Checking Out Fault / Nigerian Man Refuses To Come Down From Plane In Malawi, Struggles With Officials / Flood Sweeps Off Road In Benin City After 10-Hour Rainfall (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.