Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman (32907 Views)

Nigerian Lady Sold As A Sex Slave/housemaid In Oman Cries Out For Help! Video! / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / Nigerian Hairdresser Tricked To Oman, Turned To A Slave, Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by adaoshi(m): 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2017
Contact their embassy in Nigeria.
Thank me later
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by airsaylongcon: 5:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
SmartMugu:
Oman ke? Are Nigerians there too? Wetin dem dey find go that kain place?

Oman is a major producer of Natural Gas. A lot of Nigerians work in this industry over there. As for housemaid work, a definite No No

3 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by NONNYG: 5:58pm On Jun 23, 2017
Kizyte:
And Oman happens to be the country with the highest valued currency in the world
ogbeni it's Kuwait not Oman

2 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by sisisioge: 5:59pm On Jun 23, 2017
May be you should write a letter to the Oman embassy asking that they deport her. Keep making noise on their website with pictures of this assault pasted on their pages and the web of international human rights bodies to help bring her back home.

500k would have been enough to start her own small business in Naija o. It is well.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by tdayof(m): 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
fineola90:
Hello All, please help in any way that you can. My cousin is in Oman doing housemaid (we just finding out) and her mother passed away three days ago suddenly. She is trying to come home for the funeral but her boss took her to the agent's office where they beat her and sent her back to her boss house. Now her boss has her passport and will not release it. She paid 500k to her agent in Nigeria to help her process her visa and they are paying her about 50k/month for working all day.

Please help us. Anyone with similar experience? How have you gotten through it? What can we do in this instance? There is no Nigerian embassy in Oman.

Get the Nigerian embassy involved. Her passport is the property of the federal government of Nigeria.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Lexusgs430: 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2017
All this beated & beatened, we are sharing. Diaris God O..

It's just a bruise that would heal in no time......

He/She must now know that he/she is a slave, serving slavemasters........

Who said slave trade was over? But this time, we pay our money, travel to them to enslave us.

That's how slave trade now works......

3 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Lexusgs430: 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2017
sisisioge:
May be you should write a letter to the Oman embassy asking that they deport her. Keep making noise on their website with pictures of this assault pasted on their pages and the web of international human rights bodies to help bring her back home.

500k would have been enough to start her own small business in Naija o. It is well.

I never said I would enslave you nah?
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:05pm On Jun 23, 2017
When I become a lawyer i'll focus on issues like this.
She has been sold into slavery: yes she paid 500k but the agent took 2million from her oman people and assured them he/she will bring a househelp.
To live she has to commit an offence that will make them deport her (her employers may instead sell her to another family in oman) but its her only choice for now. The offence should be against the state and not the family if not they will beat her.
I already know she does not have free movement as is usually the case but all we can do is pray now sue them later.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2017
Holyfield1:
This is what I always tell people, if at all you wanna travel abroad in search of greener pasture never consider a muslim country

Smh, how low can bigots go? How fxking low? So this doesn't happen anywhere else ? You arent only daft and stvpid. The level of these and more is stunning

3 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2017
Kizyte:
And Oman happens to be the country with the highest valued currency in the world

Kuwait.

1kwd = 1000 naira.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
FOLLEY20:
Let's pray for a better Nigeria. If things are ok here, she wouldn't had travelled to Oman now. Huum....
That is why all Nigerians should be anxious that our country get better soon. So many in diaspora want to come home but where will they come to insecurity, health problems, road accidents and others. Citizens of other countries like Poland living abroad have since been returning home because their country have improved. This is not so with Nigerians as it keep on getting worse.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2017
tdayof:

Get the Nigerian embassy involved. Her passport is the property of the federal government of Nigeria.

I can authoritatively tell you the Op is a miserable liar.

5 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by sisisioge: 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I never said I would enslave you nah?

You couldn't have tongue
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by veraiyke(m): 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2017
fineola90:
Hello All, please help in any way that you can. My cousin is in Oman doing housemaid (we just finding out) and her mother passed away three days ago suddenly. She is trying to come home for the funeral but her boss took her to the agent's office where they beat her and sent her back to her boss house. Now her boss has her passport and will not release it. She paid 500k to her agent in Nigeria to help her process her visa and they are paying her about 50k/month for working all day.

Please help us. Anyone with similar experience? How have you gotten through it? What can we do in this instance? There is no Nigerian embassy in Oman.
Well the only solution is to reach out to the Nigerian embassy and possibly nigerian peeps over there and hope they act.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Is it because she was beated that made her body looks like that of a man?
Bros find somewhere put this "panel". If u no know where to put am no ask for public o, just pm me... grin
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by miketayo(m): 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2017
SmartMugu:
Oman ke? Are Nigerians there too? Wetin dem dey find go that kain place?

Oman is one of the most developed nd beautiful countries in Asia..
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by bigsmoke2(m): 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2017
Go to nigeran embassy Oman to report your passport as lost and obtain another one buy flight tickets and come home
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Kizyte(m): 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
gimakon:

Kuwait.

1kwd = 1000 naira.
Oh! I never knew! shocked
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
I don believe this story, is the OP a man or a woman because that's a man's pix. No, we can't give you flight money either so what's the point of this thread OP?

1 Like

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by harriet412(f): 6:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
Of all the work to do in Oman.... Na housemaid she go do.. nawa ooo
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Kizyte(m): 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
NONNYG:
ogbeni it's Kuwait not Oman
Oops! Now I know.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by mmsen: 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
While I feel for this woman I wonder why some people are so dead set on going to the Middle East.

You could make the same money in Nigeria without the abuse and detachment from your family.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 23, 2017
Kizyte:
Oh! I never knew! shocked

Rate as at yesterday.

Today

1 KWD = N 1050

Naira just died.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by eagleeye2: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Is it because she was beated that made her body looks like that of a man?
Chai!!! Cold catch me.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
miketayo:

And one of the most useless.
It might soon be like Syria some day.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by miketayo(m): 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2017
gimakon:

And one of the most useless.
It might soon be like Syria some day.

Hmmm.. It's either u have never left Nigeria or ur geography is terrible. Oman is compared to UAE, Kuwait nd Bahrain in terms of development.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2017
abeg, make i dey manage my country until APC commot.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by excanny: 6:48pm On Jun 23, 2017
50k? Na wa o.
Them dey pay maid for Lekki close to 20k without 500k visa.

1 Like

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by lereinter(m): 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2017
07080601801 thats natip number you can visit their website too
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by olajideimmigrat: 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2017
My brother Nigeria has no embassy or high commission in Oman, you could go to their embassy in Abuja.
But you would have to get the following facts, the name of the person the Maid is working for, the address of her employer, name and city or state she is in Oman, you would have to provide as much information as possible preferably you could go with a lawyer whom is skilled in immigration /migration litigation.
You should also try and make as much noise about it on all social media platform,ith emphasis on lindaikeji, also twit at all major news platforms eg.cnn,alajazeria,bbc,channels,nta,shararareporters etc Pls make sure you state her name clearly and tell them you also fear for her life.
Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by SmartMugu: 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2017
miketayo:

It's not about how developed a country is that matters to me personally. What I care about is acceptance wherever ure going. I have both US and Nigerian passports and can go anywhere in the world I want to go. But do I want to go everywhere, heck no. Certain places already will profile me because I'm black. They will further profile me because I have ties with Africa. Then they will further profile me because I have ties with Nigeria even though I live in the US. So why would I waste my time traveling to a place where I know I'm already hated because of my skin color? I'll pass on that one, I don't give a damn how rich their country is.

I recently rejected a job offer in Thailand after reading about how blacks are treated there, I'm black, I was born that way, that's my identity, plus I'm African, I'm a Nigerian too - that makes me a tripple minority to them, irrespective of my other US citizenship.

The idea is simple, there are users everywhere. Why not hire their own citizen and pay them N50k equivalent per month? Why come all the way to Nigeria to find cheap labor? Yet take her passport away from her. Doesn't that mean slavery still exists? Isn't that the same mentality they had when they invaded several countries in Africa and carted away our fore-fathers and fore-mothers as slaves and developed their nations with the free labor our great ones were forced to do for them? Why didn't they enslave their own populace? Why come all the way to Africa, bribing tribal leaders with gin and gun powders and carting away slaves to their lands? Thank God we are more exposed now, and probably smarter than many countries that did that to our ancestors.

Probably cos I'm not desperate to leave where I am now and whatever I do, but I'd definitely give any firm that needs me to work in countries I don't feel comfortable with my conditions before leaving where I currently live.

I've passed that point in life where someone anywhere in the world would take my passports from me to further enslave me for their personal benefit, rather I'll put them in their spots irrespective of my skin color. That comes with exposure and education. I have both, not many do -many illiterate and unexposed Oyinbos all over the place - yet some of Africa's brilliant minds are willing to settle for less because they haven't yet noticed they need us more than we need them - just in the case of the lady the topic is about.

Why leave your country to become a maid to some random foreigner and not expect to be treated as slaves their lazy butts always craved for since slavery days? Heck no, I've passed that long ago and don't think any African should reduce themselves to that point now in this digital age.

3 Likes

Re: Passport Of A Nigerian Confiscated By Employer In Oman by BlackKenichi(m): 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2017
Holyfield1:
This is what I always tell people, if at all you wanna travel abroad in search of greener pasture never consider a muslim country
At the bolded part - More like never consider any Middle Eastern country. Middle Easterners hate Black/SSA people. 14 centuries of slavery and rape of SSA peoples and SSA still hasn't learnt that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benue Floods: Passengers Stranded As Road Divides Into Two / Truck Crushes Lagos Driver To Death As He Was Under His Truck Checking Out Fault / Airpeace Begins Direct Flights To London, UK (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.