Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum (471 Views)

CRK Not Removed From Schools’ Curriculum – NERDC / Osun State Introduces Calisthenics To Schools’ Curriculum / CBN, NERDC To Introduce Financial Education Into Schools’ Curriculum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum by NigeriaNewsDeck: 6:10pm On Jun 23, 2017
Technical Director of the Lagos State Scrabble Association Adetona Odukomaiya, on Friday said plans were underway to add scrabble to schools’ curriculum in the state.

Odukomaiya told the News Agency of Nigeria that the association had been working closely with the State Ministry of Education to ensure its implementation.

“We have introduced scrabble as a game in all schools in Lagos state. We are now adding scrabble to the schools’ curriculum in the state.

“We have coaches who go into the schools to train the students every day. Scrabble is all about English Language and introducing it will increase the vocabulary of the students.

“It will also make them much more aware of English words and help them in their final result in English language in WAEC examinations and others.

“It is also going to open up the students to the advantage of playing scrabble, such as getting scholarships,’’ he said.

http://newscantell..com/2017/06/lagos-state-to-add-scrabble-to-schools.html

Re: Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum by raker300: 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2017
You remove CRK and history and add scrabble?

Jesus Christ, Africans are dumb
Re: Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum by Ehiscotch(m): 6:13pm On Jun 23, 2017
Magnificent. I just hope it is enforced, especially in private schools.
Re: Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum by tomakint: 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
I think Moral Instructions, History and Chess are good subjects that should be added to help our younger ones here.
Re: Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum by aribisala0(m): 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2017
raker300:

You are a perfect example

1 Like

Re: Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum by aribisala0(m): 6:15pm On Jun 23, 2017
tomakint:
I think Moral Instructions, History and Chess are good subjects that should be added to help our younger ones here.

what of a yo and draughts
Re: Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum by Ehiscotch(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
raker300:

Smart ass. Do you know what scrabble is?
Try not to be dumb, CRK was not even removed contrary to what you were told.
History should be re inculcated yes. But try to constructively criticize next time.
Besides, scrabble is not even a subject to be studied; it is like an extra curricula activity.
Re: Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum by maryjan8(f): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2017
Good, it fun and educating
Re: Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum by SaulRazor: 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
Yes , a whole lot better than adding Arabic
Re: Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum by tomakint: 6:21pm On Jun 23, 2017
aribisala0:

what of a yo and draughts
I don't know any intellectual contributions they offer those who play them other than unnecessary jokes and dirty tantrum throwing at each other bro.....especially when toy are the loser. More like saying Ludo.
Re: Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum by elderhimself(m): 6:27pm On Jun 23, 2017
I suggest they add "X-b0x" time too
Re: Lagos State To Add Scrabble To Schools’ Curriculum by aribisala0(m): 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
tomakint:

I don't know any intellectual contributions they offer those who play them other than unnecessary jokes and dirty tantrum throwing at each other bro.....especially when toy are the loser. More like saying Ludo.
is what you know or don't know of any objective value to anyone other than yourself ?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Bet You Never Knew These (part 2) #facts / Which Is Advisable: Schooling Or Learning Skills? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.