Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,791 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? (862 Views)

FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother / Zimbabwean Woman Sacks Husband, Brings In Boyfriend, Have Sex In Front Of Kids / Igbo-Ora, Oyo Has The Highest Number Of Twins In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 24, 2017
With the earth already reaching it's human carrying capacity and with the UN making predictions about Nigeria surpassing the United states as the 3rd highest population in the world after China and India by 2050, what if in the near future the Nigeria government decides to curtail this exponential population expansion by deciding to regulate the amount of children every couple can have and decides to set the limit to one or two, irrespective of financial capacity. Would you be in support of this kind of regulation? I know lots of us would want an autonomy over the number of children we can have. I know many ladies like myself want to have more than three children. So what's your opinion?
Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
I'll gladly support such laws. Some people think that because it's their right to procreate they could proliferate everywhere with offspring they have little or no roles to play in their lives. Birth the number you could give your best, not little. So I'll say, they should leave it at two, maximum.

1 Like

Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by Jazzlite: 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2017
Benita27:
I'll gladly support such laws. Some people think that because it's their right to procreate they could proliferate everywhere with offspring they have little or no roles to play in their lives. Birth the number you could give your best, not little. So I'll say, they should leave it at two, maximum.

Sis we have an​ unfinished business at hand...

1 Like

Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2017
Jazzlite:

Sis we have an​ unfinished business at hand...
What could that be?.
Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by Jazzlite: 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2017
Benita27:

We have an unfinished business at hand Sis
Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by Jazzlite: 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2017
Benita27:
What could that be?.
Your rear door.. I couldn't sleep thinking about it all through the night.... and even now..
Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by ultron12345: 10:03am On Jun 25, 2017
I am glad with the population expansion as it is good for Nigerian businesses because of the larger market it will create and I will not support anything to reduce the population.

But if government has to regulate, it should be based on the couples income, I suggest, for every N100k the couple earns monthly, they can have a child, so if you earn N200k monthly, maximum of 2 children, N500k monthly, maximum of 5 children, less than N100k monthly, zero children.

1 Like

Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by ultron12345: 10:06am On Jun 25, 2017
Lubyna:
With the earth already reaching it's human carrying capacity and with the UN making predictions about Nigeria surpassing the United states as the 3rd highest population in the world after China and India by 2050, what if in the near future the Nigeria government decides to curtail this exponential population expansion by deciding to regulate the amount of children every couple can have and decides to set the limit to one or two, irrespective of financial capacity. Would you be in support of this kind of regulation? I know lots of us would want an autonomy over the number of children we can have. I know many ladies like myself want to have more than three children. So what's your opinion?

I will not support such regulation,if you can afford to cater for hundred children, then give birth to hundred children....if it's only one child you can cater for, give birth to one....if you can't afford any, give birth to none.....population expansion is a good thing
Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 25, 2017
I think any right thinking couple should plan towards 2 or 3 kids, no more. Uncontrolled population rise only breeds more social vices and puts a strain on the already limited resources. Ironically its the poor who are more inclined to larger families.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by johnson232: 11:08am On Jun 25, 2017
ultron12345:

I will not support such regulation,if you can afford to cater for hundred children, then give birth to hundred children....if it's only one child you can cater for, give birth to one....if you can't afford any, give birth to none.....population expansion is a good thing
It is not all about catering for the children, this world is full of negative things, what if a man dies in a motor accident after giving birth to 100 children, don't u know it is a threat to the society. but if it is 1 or 2 children, the governmemt or anyone can easily take them in. Maximum of 2 children per family is what Nigeria needs, regardless of one financial status. how many times have u seen one man having 10 children in America or Canada?

We abuse everything in this country, u need to see the way those dangote trucks are load on the high way, far beyond its capicity. Na only Nigeria God tell to go & mutiply...Why is our own different....

How can only one man give birth to 30 children? isn't that procreation abuse?
Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by johnson232: 11:20am On Jun 25, 2017
Jazzlite:

Your rear door.. I couldn't sleep thinking about it all through the night.... and even now..
Tell me why this kind of person no go give birth to 100 children....

Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by Jazzlite: 11:41am On Jun 25, 2017
johnson232:

Tell me why this kind of person no go give birth to 100 children....
Are you benita27? Face front.
Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2017
Oui; yes; Jah;
Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by Gerrard59(m): 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2017
ultron12345:
I am glad with the population expansion as it is good for Nigerian businesses because of the larger market it will create and I will not support anything to reduce the population.

But if government has to regulate, it should be based on the couples income, I suggest, for every N100k the couple earns monthly, they can have a child, so if you earn N200k monthly, maximum of 2 children, N500k monthly, maximum of 5 children, less than N100k monthly, zero children.

I said same here:
https://www.nairaland.com/3450586/poor-un-intelligent-people-should-not

I was insulted and heavily criticised. Good a thing, I'm being vindicated.

Ms Lubyna,

There is nothing wrong with people procreating as many children as they desire. However, it should ONLY be if or when they have the FINANCIAL, INTELLECTUAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL and EMOTIONAL capability to raise them. Anything aside these criteria corresponds to forfeiting the right to procreation.

It's an act and the height of irresponsibility for anyone to procreate children s/he cannot take ADEQUATE and PROPER care of.

"Giving birth is cheap, raising them is expensive" (Gerrard59, 2016).
Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by Chubhie: 9:40pm On Jul 01, 2017
It's only a madman that would give birth to more than two kids in today's world.

Every child deserves that best possible human experience.

1 Like

Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by omobabalawo: 10:06pm On Jul 03, 2017
Chubhie:
It's only a madman that would give birth to more than two kids in today's world.

Every child deserves that best possible human experience.
My dad after seeing this your comment

Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by EfemenaXY: 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
@op, yes.

Nigeria is in dire need of a restrictive one child policy similar to China's.
Re: Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? by ImaIma1(f): 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2017
I am all for such laws. So that parents wont have a litter of kids and leave them for the first child to train.
No matter the monthly income, because the issue of job loss,sickness,etc.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Every Woman You Know Does These Things In The Secret / Re: Watch All Your Cctv Cameras From Your Smartphone / See What Happened To Me When I Asked My Dad To Take Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.