Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Suicidal Thoughts - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Suicidal Thoughts (2149 Views)

Universities Calling school Reopening Are Camouflage, It's Suicidal - ASUU / Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts / How To Overcome Depression & Suicidal Thoughts During Hard Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2017
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2017
you don't belong where your in
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by ademiD(f): 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2017
Probably u ain't getting it right somewhere and I'm very sure u don't want to make your parents sad just because of your selfish interest of ending it all. Try to see a counselor or better still try group reading with friends or course mates ....and remember to commit your ways to God.
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by YorubaMod(m): 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2017
Boole3:
I'm having suicidal thoughts because of my poor grades in school.
I'm so tired.. i read for more than 8hours daily but I still fail... 200l sitting on a 1.8 cgpa with loads of carryover courses. I feel like a complete failure.

At the rate at which I'm having suicidal thoughts these days I'm scared that one day I might just do it one day... I need your help I don't want to kill myself.
I cant even think straight anymore

cc
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
My dear, maybe education is not ur strength and no need forcing urself to it, just look within you and know where ur strength is, discover ur talent and it will give you more happiness in life than that education...If wizkid and the rest of top musicians had bagged a Phd certificate, it won't have made their life more meaningful compare to their talent, Same goes to film actors and comedians...my dear don't kill urself because of education, even if you read for 24hours in 365days it won't still make any difference because you're not destined to be there..simple.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Thoughts by dingbang(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
My dear school is not for u. Opt out from it and start doing business.. You will have more money than first class graduate
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:
My dear school is not for u. Opt out from it and start doing business.. You will have more money than first class graduate
thought of that... but no capital to start

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Thoughts by dingbang(m): 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2017
Boole3:

thought of that... but no capital to start
my dear apply for a job...
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2017
YorubaMod:

My dear, maybe education is not ur strength and no need forcing urself to it, just look within you and know where ur strength is, discover ur talent and it will give you more happiness in life than that education...If wizkid and the rest of top musicians had bagged a Phd certificate, it won't have made their life more meaningful compare to their talent, Same goes to film actors and comedians...my dear don't kill urself because of education, even if you read for 24hours in 365days it won't still make any difference because you're not destined to be there..simple.
tanks.. i'm not a dumb kid.... I do read and understand... write my exams well but when result comes out I'm seeing things I don't expect
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 4:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:
my dear apply for a job...
without a degree?
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Margy: 4:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
Can you go on your knees and pray...! If you read and understand but still fail your exams then you need spiritual backup..prayer is the key..try God first and see for yourself...he never ever fails..I got a testimony.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Thoughts by dingbang(m): 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
Boole3:

without a degree?
yes na.. There are jobs dat you can apply with ur waec..
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
ademiD:
Probably u ain't getting it right somewhere and I'm very sure u don't want to make your parents sad just because of your selfish interest of ending it all. Try to see a counselor or better still try group reading with friends or course mates ....and remember to commit your ways to God.
thanks
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:
yes na.. There are jobs dat you can apply with ur waec..
dunno sha..... I have interest in I.t but don't even have a lappy... love researching online... love reading Robert Greene's and sun tzu books... but everyone at home wants me to get a good degree... I've let them down and its eating me up
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2017
Margy:
Can you go on your knees and pray...! If you read and understand but still fail your exams then you need spiritual backup..prayer is the key..try God first and see for yourself...he never ever fails..I got a testimony.
I do pray... but i'm starting to doubt if God really exist
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by dingbang(m): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2017
Boole3:

dunno sha..... I have interest in I.t but don't even have a lappy... love researching online... love reading Robert Greene's and sun tzu books... but everyone at home wants me to get a good degree... I've let them down and its eating me up
please dump ur school now and go into IT.. Once I get myself a new laptop I will dash u my current lappy I am using so u can use it to begin to learn programming.

I have been in ur shoes before.. I don't want u to make same mistakes I did
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:
please dump ur school now and go into IT.. Once I get myself a new laptop I will dash u my current lappy I am using so u can use it to begin to learn programming.

thanks man... will try to learn other things while still in school... to make mom happy
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Margy: 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
Boole3:

I do pray... but i'm starting to doubt if God really exist

I used to be like you before..but I tasted and saw for my self..trust me.. Try God, remove the idea of suicide, study and then see for yourself...I don't mean frequent going to church ooo..just spare time alone with God and then tell him everything
I mean everthing
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2017
Margy:

I used to be like you before..but I tasted and saw for my self..trust me.. Try God, remove the idea of suicide, study and then see for yourself...I don't mean frequent going to church ooo..just spare time alone with God and then tell him everything
I mean everthing

will do just that... thanks a lot
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by sexymonkey(m): 10:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
My brother change your course/school, I experienced same thing but yours is better because you still have the chance to change. And don't be scared of starting all over again.

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
Boole3:

will do just that... thanks a lot
it's not just about reading bro,it's also about the course ..if you have no passion for it nothing will make you have good grades in it, even if you read forever.
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
Boole3:
I'm so tired.. i read for more than 8hours daily but I still fail... 200l sitting on a 1.8 cgpa with loads of carryover courses. I feel like a complete failure.

At the rate at which I'm having suicidal thoughts these days I'm scared that one day I might just do it ... I need your help I don't want to kill myself.

cc
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
please don't commit suicide. Relax first and think straight. School isn't for everyone
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 5:14am On Jun 26, 2017
stephenmorris:
it's not just about reading bro,it's also about the course ..if you have no passion for it nothing will make you have good grades in it, even if you read forever.
can I develop passion for the course?
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 6:00am On Jun 26, 2017
Boole3:
can I develop passion for the course?
nooo,it's too late
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 6:39am On Jun 26, 2017
stephenmorris:
nooo,it's too late
so I should start over?
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by TreasuredLeidy(f): 7:49am On Jun 26, 2017
dingbang:

Abeg when u wan buy the new laptop? if the op nor need ur laptop, biko I need oo. thanks
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 9:58am On Jun 26, 2017
TreasuredLeidy:

Abeg when u wan buy the new laptop? if the op nor need ur laptop, biko I need oo. thanks
Lol
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by TreasuredLeidy(f): 1:20pm On Jun 26, 2017
Boole3:
Lol
lol, not kidding jor, I truly need it
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Boole3(m): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
TreasuredLeidy:
lol, not kidding jor, I truly need it
I need it more.... what do you need a lappy for anyway?
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Emmaesty(f): 3:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
Boole3:

At the rate at which I'm having suicidal thoughts these days I'm scared that one day I might just do it ... I need your help I don't want to kill myself.

cc
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Hi Boole

Reading 8 hours daily won't help your cgpa. Trust me, it won't. You're just stressing your brain out which will reduce your retention level.

Let me give you a fee tips that helped me in school.

1. Read less: Read for 3 hours everyday with 15 mins break every 30 mins grin. This will help your retention levels and would put less stress on your brain.

2. Read Smart: Focus on what your lecturer is most likely to set in exams. You know that topic that your lecturer talks passionately about? Read it and go over it again.
Study his pattern for setting questions. Does he ask a particular topic every year? What topic(s) does he repeat a lot. Be very close to your past questions.

3. Have a study group: Having a bunch of friends who always make A's goes a very long way. The more you walk with them, the more you'll want to be like them and even surpass them. They might even share a few tricks with you.

4. Read and Revise: Start reading from the beginning of the semester. Stop that bad habit of reading a few weeks to the exam. It doesn't help anybody. When you read a particular topic, read it over and over until you can explain it even in your dreams.

5. Set Goals : Always have it written down what you want to score in a particular course. Don't just think it, write it down. Go over it daily too

6. Pray: Prayer is highly necessary. Do your best and leave the rest for God.

Suicide isn't an option. You can still graduate with a 2.2. Just believe grin

1 Like

Re: Suicidal Thoughts by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2017
Boole3:

cc
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
That's because you were brainwashed to think school and good grades is what you need to succeed. My advice is simple, listen attentively when the lecturer is in the class and focus on a skill. Learn a skill that sells. If you've got passion try to see if you can monetize it. Don't injure yourself trying to a course you many not even love or pursue in future.

The idea that grades decide who you become is why our organized schools are dangerous. Throw that line out of your head. If possible, ditch school. Tell your sponsor to channel that money on a skill you want to learn. You can always go back to school.

Don't allow some grades decide who you are. Try your best but don't kill yourself over nothing. Grades are not worth such attention you are giving them. Learn something and be happy. Don't tie your happiness to grades. That's the the ugly tumour our systemic education creates.
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by TreasuredLeidy(f): 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
Boole3:

I need it more.... what do you need a lappy for anyway?
I need it most....for business. have a business plan but no capital, The laptop will still go a long way tho but don't mind me oooo. if u need it, of course he should give u, it's your thread afterall, was just telling him incase... lol
Re: Suicidal Thoughts by oseka101(m): 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
Dude if I tell u that I have kept the fine certificate that I bled, had sleepless nights, and drink garri withd tears cry ontop for one side u no go believe me, I have decided to be my own boss I will hustle till I die God help me, I will provide jobs for peoples dat am certain of.. But this mentality was not just a default thing it was due to what I faced through out my undergraduate years it made me tough and made me believe in myself that I can achieve anything if I set my mind to it, sooo my brother try hard and harder and hardest and don't forget to do right with God........

(1) (2) (Reply)

Final Year Student Of Obafemi Awolowo University Commits Suicide / Bitcoin Withdraw Help / PLEASE Who Has This Book!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.