Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,702 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? (3230 Views)

DICON Partners With Innoson Vehicles In Producing Military Hardware (Photos) / Is Ondo Not Lagos Also. / Isaac Fayose Describes Ibadan As A Dead City, Asks If Oyo State Still Has Govern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by beberebe: 9:00am On Jun 25, 2017
Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by beberebe: 9:01am On Jun 25, 2017
AKWAIBOM........controlled by Mobil and chevron
RIVERS state.......controlled by shell and agip
BAYELSA state......Controlled by totals and agip
Delta state......controlled by shell and totals
IMO state.......controlled by shell and agip..NLNG drill the gas..
ABIA state......controlled by shell and totals....
The truth is that Edo, Ondo, Crossriver and Anambra do not hold any or much oil well...They are just taking old glory..
This is the Fact......and bitter truth

6 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by beberebe: 9:02am On Jun 25, 2017
I did my IT in SHELL and I was opportuned to know more about the oil sector.....
The truth is that I have never had of any rig done in ondo state or an oil well in ondo state.....
Most of the rig we go to is rivers and IMO state.....we even add a blow off in agbada rig 109 located at egbema in IMO state

13 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by beberebe: 9:03am On Jun 25, 2017
Ondo state is no longer producing oil, they are living in past glory.....
the oil well conceded to them from delta by obasanjo has dried up and no longer producing....

7 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by beberebe: 9:06am On Jun 25, 2017
more prove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by SonofDevil: 9:26am On Jun 25, 2017
beberebe:
more prove
lol thisunknown blog site screen shot again, grin
This iPad yoots re very funny.

8 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by nototribalist: 9:28am On Jun 25, 2017
Afonjas are cowards and criminals.

11 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by beberebe: 9:35am On Jun 25, 2017
SonofDevil:
lol thisunknown blog site screen shot again, grin
This iPad yoots re very funny.

The days of Afonja media manipulations are over..

Ondo just like cross river no longer produces oil....they are living in past glory

9 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by smogup: 9:38am On Jun 25, 2017
They are now producing groundnut oil

5 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by SonofDevil: 9:40am On Jun 25, 2017
smogup:
They are now producing groundnut oil
coconut oil sef joingrin

4 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by beberebe: 9:42am On Jun 25, 2017
SonofDevil:
coconut oil sef joingrin

?
Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by Michael004: 10:22am On Jun 25, 2017
grin, ipob, youth, I hail o. As you did your IT in shell, so also I and my friend did in shell, and the oil block we went to was in ondo, delta, and bayelsa. So I don't know where you get your propaganda from. Oh, just to make your fellow happy ba. I understand, it is very normal.

7 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by sorry1(m): 10:57am On Jun 25, 2017
they never produced oil, afonjas are chronic liars using media propaganda as their aid.

very despicable lots!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by Hopeful20100: 10:58am On Jun 25, 2017
I have said it for years that Ondo and Lagos have no oil; just charade. That's why Yorubaas are against dividing this country because they will be exposed in 3D. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANY OIL FACILITY IN ONDO? THERE IS NONE. BUT I WILL SHOW YOU MASSIVE OIL FACILITIES IN DELTA, BAYELSA, AKWA IBOM, RIVERS, ABIA, IMO AND EVEN AMAMBRA.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by Hopeful20100: 11:06am On Jun 25, 2017
Michael004:
[s]grin, ipob, youth, I hail o. As you did your IT in shell, so also I and my friend did in shell, and the oil block we went to was in ondo, delta, and bayelsa. So I don't know where you get your propaganda from. Oh, just to make your fellow happy ba. I understand, it is very normal. [/s]

This Afonja and running his mouth like tap

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by Hopeful20100: 11:08am On Jun 25, 2017
beberebe:
The truth is that Edo, Ondo, Crossriver and Anambra do not hold any or much oil well...They are just taking old glory..

Anambra holds massive gas and oil reserves; just hasn't been explored well enough or tapped. Anambra and Imo hold the largest gas reserves in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by Funlord2(m): 11:18am On Jun 25, 2017
beberebe:
From my observation so far I think ondo state is no longer producing oil.

Some prove attached...
http://www.google.com.ng/url?q=https://www.naij.com/1096390-oil-producing-states-nigeria-2017.html&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwizuPKZwdjUAhXDWRoKHdp0CAcQFggNMAE&usg=AFQjCNEFX5bo2d0zYPOTBt7RS-FaYEltgQ

Leave their oil...what about skulls? Has that items production decreased or increased? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by Michael004: 11:22am On Jun 25, 2017
Hopeful20100:

This Afonja and running his mouth like tap
Feel free to make yourself happy. Hehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by Michael004: 11:24am On Jun 25, 2017
Hopeful20100:

Anambra holds massive gas and oil reserves; just hasn't been explored well enough or tapped. Anambra and Imo hold the largest gas reserves in Nigeria.
With less than 2% oil combine together. I love your hope. It is good to dream.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by Michael004: 11:31am On Jun 25, 2017
Hopeful20100:
I have said it for years that Ondo and Lagos have no oil; just charade. That's why Yorubaas are against dividing this country because they will be exposed in 3D. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANY OIL FACILITY IN ONDO? THERE IS NONE. BUT I WILL SHOW YOU MASSIVE OIL FACILITIES IN DELTA, BAYELSA, AKWA IBOM, RIVERS, ABIA, IMO AND EVEN AMAMBRA.
grin, what percentage of oil did your Abia and imo get combine together. All this propaganda won't change what God has created. Well I love it. Your entire south east oil is not up to ondo state oil alone. You can disprove that. I work in oil sector.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by chijiblaze(m): 11:32am On Jun 25, 2017
beberebe:
more prove

Cross River is no longer an oil producing state. All her oil wells were either reallocated to Akwa-Ibom or lost to the seeding of Bakassi peninsula to Cameroon. Including all the offshore oil wells.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 25, 2017
The only oil rig av ever seen in ondo state belongs to chevron . Soo ondo still produces but I guess at a very small amount.
Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by beberebe: 11:41am On Jun 25, 2017
Hopeful20100:

I know, but not producing for now...
Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by beberebe: 11:43am On Jun 25, 2017
Michael004:
grin, ipob, youth, I hail o. As you did your IT in shell, so also I and my friend did in shell, and the oil block we went to was in ondo, delta, and bayelsa. So I don't know where you get your propaganda from. Oh, just to make your fellow happy ba. I understand, it is very normal.

Liar....Shell don't drill oil in ondo state... you are a liar

1 Like

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by beberebe: 11:49am On Jun 25, 2017
Michael004:
grin, what percentage of oil did your Abia and imo get combine together. All this propaganda won't change what God has created. Well I love it. Your entire south east oil is not up to ondo state oil alone. You can disprove that. I work in oil sector.

media propaganda.....show us one oil installation in Ondo state....

When militants were busy destroying oil facilities in other state including IMO and ABIA state....y didn't we hear of oil facility destruction in ondo state....
Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by chloride6: 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
Nigeria's largest ever producing offshore field sometimes called a Super field is Agbami and is ceded to Ondo State.

Kindly close this thread.

1 Like

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by beberebe: 12:11pm On Jun 25, 2017
chloride6:
Nigeria's largest ever producing offshore field sometimes called a Super field is Agbami and is ceded to Ondo State.

Kindly close this thread.

Agbami have dried up and no longer producing.....

1 Like

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by chloride6: 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
beberebe:

Agbami have dried up and no longer producing.....
You don't know what you are talking about...

Agbami is an field at 4700ft depth, 70 miles of the ilaje water front.

Its production is maybe second only to bonga.

Modified

Is this the Agbami that has dried?

http://sweetcrudereports.com/2016/11/23/agbami-maintenance-to-slash-nigerias-oil-output-by-125000bd/

1 Like

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by beberebe: 1:08pm On Jun 25, 2017
chloride6:

You don't know what you are talking about...

Agbami is an field at 4700ft depth, 70 miles of the ilaje water front.

Its production is maybe second only to bonga.

Modified

Is this the Agbami that has dried?

http://sweetcrudereports.com/2016/11/23/agbami-maintenance-to-slash-nigerias-oil-output-by-125000bd/

The Abami field that is still producing is in Delta and not in Ondo state....

Get your fact right before you spew trash

2 Likes

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by StOla: 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
Erha field of Exxon Mobil is offshore Ondo. Same as ENI's Abo field.

Many more abound, just as there are many deepwater fields offshore Bayelsa like Agbami, Offshore Lagos like Folawiyo-Aje, and offshore Akwa Ibom like Ebok, Okoro etc.

All the mentioned fields above I have been involved with from a project implementation standpoint.

But I know you are saddened by all of this, but there is nothing I can do about it but make you even more miserable.
Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:23pm On Jun 25, 2017
beberebe:

That of Anambra hasn't started but it's in the offing via Orient petroleum company

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Ondo State Still Producing Oil? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
Nigeria produces about 2.5 million barrels of crude oil daily making it the largest producer of oil in Africa and 6th largest producer in the world. Interestingly, this high valued and volume of crude oil is produced from just 7.5% of the total area. This small part of the country that produces this is known as the Niger Delta Region and the states that comprises it alongside other states where this oil is found are known as the oil producing States in Nigeria.

OilbProducing States in Nigeria Today

Currently, we have only 8 crude oil producing States in Nigeria that could be said to be really harnessing their crude oil potentials. These States includes Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, Ondo, Edo, Imo and Abia. Out of these 8 producers, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa accounts for 80% of the crude oil produced. This article will discuss the contribution of each state and other interesting things about the states.

1. AKWA IBOM
Akwa Ibom is the largest oil producing state in Nigeria accounting for 31.4% of the total oil produced daily. The capital of Akwa Ibom is Uyo and it is said to be the most beautiful city in the country. This state is a home to more than 5 million people scattered spatially in the 31 Local Governments of the state. 3 ethnic groups dominates this place and that is the Oron, Annang and Ibibio. Akwa Ibom is not only blessed with crude oil, it is also blessed with other minerals such as natural gas, salt, clay, limestone, coal, glass sand and giver nitrate.
ALSO READ Full List of all Ministries in Lagos State+ Contact Details and Website

2. DELTA
Delta with Asaba as it capital is the second largest oil producing States in the country producing about 21.56%. There is a refinery and a petrochemical plant in Warri, the heartbeat of Delta state. This state has 25 Local Government Areas with a population of more than 4 million. The major ethnic groups are the Urhobos, Isokos and the Itsekiris. Regarded as one of the richest state in Nigeria, Delta also have rubber, timber, fine sand and clay.

3. RIVERS
Rivers was ones the largest producer before Akwa Ibom took over from it as the largest oil producing States in Nigeria. Currently, Rivers refine more crude oil than any other state in the country. In terms of crude oil production, Rivers produce 21.43% of the total produce. The capital of Rivers is Port Harcourt, a city named after it founder. Rivers is regarded as one of the most populous cities in the country with a population of over 5 millions. Ethnic groups in this state includes the Ikwerre, Okrika, Upobo, Kalabari the Ubani amongst others. Rivers state is also blessed with enormous aquatic resources.

4. BAYELSA
Bayelsa is one of the major oil producing states in Nigeria being the source of 18.07% of oil in Nigeria. This state is home to Oloibiri, the place where crude oil was first discovered in Nigeria in commercial quantity in 1959. The capital of Bayelsa is Yenagoa and it is the state with the lowest number of Local Government Areas. Currently, it has 8 Local Government Areas with a population of just around 1.9 making it one of the least populated state in the country. The historical Bonny Island is located in this state. The major ethnic groups include the Ogbia, Nembe, Izon and Epie- Atissa. Alongside crude oil, Bayelsa is blessed with aquatic resources.

5. ONDO
Ondo state is the 5th oil producing state in the country accounting for about 3.74%. The capital of Ondo is Akure and it is the only South Western state that made it to the list. The population of Ondo is put around 2.4 millions, these numbers of people inhabit the 19 Local Government Areas in the state. Ondo state is also blessed with bitumen and tar sands.

6. EDO STATE
Edo is one of the lucky States to be an oil producing state. This state contribute 2.06% of the total crude oil output in the country. Benin City is currently the capital of Edo and the state has a human strength of more than 3.3 million spread across the state’s Local Government Areas. Edo state is also blessed with limestone, clay, gold, iron ore, fine sand and granite.

7. IMO
The capital of Imo is Owerri. This state add it out minute yet important quota of oil to the nation. It accounts for about 1.06% of the total oil produced in Nigeria. The population of Imo is around 4 millions while it number of LGA is 27. This state is also graced with lead, zinc, fine sand, clay and limestone.

8. ABIA
Umuahia is the capital of Abia state. This state is also lucky to had been blessed with crude oil earning it the title oil producing state. This state has 17 LGA with a population of about 3 millions. Abia accounts for 0.68% of oil produced daily in Nigeria. It is also blessed with lead, zinc, fine sand and limestone.

https://www.nigerianinfopedia.com/oil-producing-states-in-nigeria-presently-full-list/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra And Catalonia:why Do Nations Fear Break Up / Is Yusuf Buhari Dead? / Photos: Senators Jubilate After Foiling Plan By APC To Impeach Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.