Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform (11789 Views)

Must-have Accessories For Your New Smartphone / Google Seems To Be Building A New File Manager For Android / Whatsapp Adds New Update : GIF Search And Increases File Sharing Limit To 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by Gsmbasics: 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
For as long as we can recall, WhatsApp has provided its users with the opportunity to share documents, pictures, and videos, however, for some reason, it put restrictions on the file formats that could be sent.

Now, however, the Facebook-owned firm has started testing a new feature that enables people to share any type of file-- even an APK-- provided it's below 100MB on Android and 128MB on iOS.

Sure, 100MB is quite a small limitation, but we're suspecting the restriction is in place to stop users overwhelming WhatsApp's servers through the transfer of enormous files, like ultra-high-resolution video clips and video game.

If you find yourself going to Dropbox, Google Drive or perhaps another platform on your smart device to send files to people you chat with every day, you'll probably welcome this feature with open arms.

http://gsmbasics.com.ng/786/whatsapp-would-like-to-be-your-new-file-sharing-platform.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by Lawalemi(m): 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
Whatsapp! That Facebook guy dey push technology extraordinaire

15 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by olawaletimi(m): 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2017
Zuckerberg is a brilliant man.

5 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by Afeezoladapo(m): 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
DAT will be good!
Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
olawaletimi:
Zuckerberg is a brilliant man.
Brilliant?

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
Telegram is really giving them headache

31 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by nototribalist: 7:17am On Jun 26, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Telegram is really giving them headache
but I don't think people use that Telegram in Nigeria that much.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by veekid(m): 7:30am On Jun 26, 2017
nototribalist:

Yeah; juz some super group
Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by ITbomb(m): 7:31am On Jun 26, 2017
I still prefer Telegram if you are talking about file sharing

Reasons:

1. In Telegram, the files I share are on the cloud, not in my phone. This means that if my phone is off, I can on my laptop get the file I uploaded earlier

2. I can send files to myself, that's how I store away some files when email may take longer to attach

3. I don't even need the app to get my uploaded files back, telegram has a standalone web app which you log in with browser and continue from where you stopped on mobile, you don't need to keep the mobile connected.

4. Telegram offers a very crisp and clear voice call to all contacts and it is fully encrypted.

5. No file size limit, you can upload your 300mb movie file and share with anyone

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by darsmarth(m): 7:32am On Jun 26, 2017
Telegram still d boss any day.. cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by aykevictor789(m): 7:32am On Jun 26, 2017
Nice one!! Brain work is evident
Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by bhella10: 7:32am On Jun 26, 2017
wtf
Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by darsmarth(m): 7:33am On Jun 26, 2017
nototribalist:
what planet are you from dude?? angry I she am pass what's app sef..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by Goldenheart(m): 7:33am On Jun 26, 2017
Shiii this dude is really doing it. ... cheesy
Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by Ogashub(m): 7:33am On Jun 26, 2017
If na Nigerian man get Facebook and WhatsApp dem for don kill am...we no dey use jazz do better tin for this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by wintersnow(m): 7:34am On Jun 26, 2017
This is great news...buh most people would still stick to xender because its free

5 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by MrImole: 7:34am On Jun 26, 2017
Hmmm!
Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by d33types: 7:34am On Jun 26, 2017
nototribalist:
For large groups..telegram is far far used.
I was a telegram unbeliever till 2wks ago. We have groups having more than 2,000 persons
Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 26, 2017
Ericbet2:
Yesterdays game went as planned
To subscribe kindly view the image below for more details about our games call or Whatsapp me on this number below the image u see
lalasticlacla kindly ban this fella till 2098

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by rozayx5(m): 7:41am On Jun 26, 2017
darsmarth:
Telegram still d boss any day.. cool cool

they got great features

but their marketing is poor
Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by exlinkleads(f): 7:41am On Jun 26, 2017
hmmm

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by Loop1: 7:43am On Jun 26, 2017
Telegram remains the best for me .flexible file sharing .allow for large number of people in a group .voice and video call are near to instantaneous compare to the junky calls on whatsapp .you don't have to be with your phone to access your telegram account .secret chat ,it prevents rogues from screen shutting your chats .and so on and so on .

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 26, 2017
Not possible. it's too slow. I prefer telegram

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by jeeqaa7(m): 7:45am On Jun 26, 2017
No
Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by phlamesG: 7:46am On Jun 26, 2017
BBM now grin

5 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Would Like To Be Your New File Sharing Platform by maverickdude(m): 7:47am On Jun 26, 2017
Too late baby,telegram already have my heart embarassed
Telegram is just bae kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Root Tecno N3 / The New Infinix Hot Complaint Thread / What's The Best Android Music Player With The Best UI And Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.