Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job (5102 Views)

Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory / Mikel Applies For British Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by woye77: 8:58am On Jan 27, 2010
As the issue of whether the current chief coach of the Super Eagles, Shaibu Amodu should lead the team to the World Cup Finals of South Africa or not, the chief coach of the Namibia national team, Belgian Tom Saintfiet recently threw his hat into the ring, stating the reasons he thinks he should be considered as the man to do the job of taking Nigeria to the Nirvana everyone in the country has been dreaming about and salivating on.

1. In just a short while at the helms of Namibia affairs, I have made a meaningful impart into the team.

2. Now a less-fancied Namibia side that possess far less top players than the Nigerian team, are now flexing muscles in the continent.

3. All of a sudden, as a result of the good works that I have done with Namibia, the Brave Warriors are no longer seen as one of the African minnows of the game.

4. I am one of the few who can look Nigerians in the face and promise a medal at South Africa 2010. This means I am assuring of a semifinal ticket or more.

5. Before I came to Namibia, Brave Warriors were averaging 10 losses in 12 matches. But since my arrival at the helm, they have been cruising at just two losses in the same number of matches. This is a testimony to my ability to work miracles.

6. I have the capability of instilling so much confidence; both in players and fans, so much that just after a year in charge and the aura now surrounding the team and the results they are posting, Namibians are now confident enough to give their national team a new pseudonym that had been taken out of one of my names. They now call their team ‘The Saints’; as taken out of my surname of Saintfiet.

I have no other than one of the most successful coaches in Nigeria’s history backing my claims up and guaranteeing that I am right for the Nigeria job – Clemens Westerhof.
•Westerhof’s recommendation of Saintfiet was included in the letter of application, which the Belgian submitted to the Glass House, the football federation’s headquarters.

In the words of Westerhof for Saintfiet, the applicant is a good candidate for the Super Eagles job and he added: "He has shown and proved that he can work in Africa. With the minimal resources he had in Namibia, he has wrought something akin to a miracle with the Brave Warriors. This is a proof that given a better situation, like that of Nigeria, he would achieve plenty of results.”
It is notable that former Super Eagles captain, Sunday Oliseh, has also thrown his weight behind the Saintfiet. In Oliseh’s words, Saintfiet is capable of doing a very good job with the Super Eagles at the World Cup. Oliseh says he is vouching for him because he has worked with him in the past.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=165143
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by FBS: 10:59am On Jan 27, 2010
As the issue of whether the current chief coach of the Super Eagles, Shaibu Amodu  should lead the team to the World Cup Finals of South Africa or not, the chief coach of the Namibia national team, Belgian Tom Saintfiet recently threw his hat into the ring, stating the reasons he thinks he should be considered as the man to do the job of taking Nigeria to the Nirvana everyone in the country has been dreaming about and salivating on.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=165143
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by snakova(m): 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2010
Too soon. By the way, he sounds more belgian than dutch
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by chidyke77(m): 8:48pm On Jan 27, 2010
The obstacle we have with our super progress is those cabals at the glass house,for a coach to work well in Nigeria he needs no interference with those morons, so i still prefers siasia for the job.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by Obinoscopy(m): 12:22am On Jan 29, 2010
Yeah I go for Siasia, he knows how to handle those crooks in the Glass House
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by Redman44(m): 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2010
Tom Saintfiet?? I will do some research on him right away. Hmn.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by tunku(m): 12:45pm On Jan 29, 2010
fuock it. No more white mercenaries, do you believe this Belgian will do a better job that Amodu? Hell, Amodu is a hell of a lot better than Berti. This Nigerian team is structurally weak, it has no good defensive players, only one creative player in Osaze and our Strikers seems absolutely petrified of the goal. How many chances did Martins miss by not shooting at all yesterday? Nigeria isn't going to win the world cup, Amodu has already gotten us to the World Cup and the Semi-final of the ACON, if this was a white coach he'd be crowing that he was taking Nigeria forward. If they must fire Amodu, which would be the wrong move at this point, then give it to another Nigerian. The window to fire him has passed.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by montelik(m): 1:23pm On Jan 29, 2010
Another Bora Milutunovic type "mercenary" cheesy. When will we learn. If it is by force to hire a new coach now before the world cup is not best to ensure we get the best candidate. Someone who can at least commit to a long term project, not just for 2010 world cup and then sit on his hands collecting an expensive wage because of his "white skin" as we continue with our persistent fire brigade approach to sports. undecided undecided
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by idifu(m): 1:24pm On Jan 29, 2010
i hope dis is not scam being perpetrated by Westerhof,Oliseh and co , they should go for high class coaches and not some,
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by eldee(m): 1:24pm On Jan 29, 2010
I think we should at least approach Hiddink.
We're tired of these P.E teachers thinking they're coaching Qatar when we appoint them.
This is not the colonial mentality, it's the 'gimme a good manager' mentality.

Why Hiddink??

1. He really wants to take a team to the World Cup right now.
2. He's built teams so many teams from scratch, South Korea had never won a WC match before he came.
3. He proved he could save a lost cause with Chelsea.
4. He's a genius.
5. He is a giant killer.
6. He's known for dealing with over-bloated egos. (Davids in Euros)
7. He's won trophies.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by dyabman(m): 1:31pm On Jan 29, 2010
Hiddink wont come accept you give hime 7million euros. . .becos i love my Dutch guys. . .
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by eldee(m): 1:39pm On Jan 29, 2010
dyabman:

Hiddink wont come accept you give hime 7million euros. . .becos i love my Dutch guys. . .

Glo paid Man Utd £5mil just for a tiny picture on their website.
They'll happily sponsor any manager that agrees to come.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by dyabman(m): 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2010
Then hes all yours if truly there is a contact and Glo can pay him whatever he needs. . .

let me call him now. grin cool
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by eldee(m): 1:43pm On Jan 29, 2010
dyabman:

Then hes all yours if truly there is a contact and Glo can pay him whatever he needs. . .

let me call him now. grin cool

You claiming NFF??
Do you know how many people are searching for their heads?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by dyabman(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2010
I swear if Hiddink comes, i will Plead for forgiveness and start supporting the super-eagles again!. . .becos right now Dutch for life. . .
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by 9jafreak: 1:55pm On Jan 29, 2010
tunku:

fuock it. No more white mercenaries, do you believe this Belgian will do a better job that Amodu? Hell, Amodu is a hell of a lot better than Berti. This Nigerian team is structurally weak, it has no good defensive players, only one creative player in Osaze and our Strikers seems absolutely petrified of the goal. How many chances did Martins miss by not shooting at all yesterday? Nigeria isn't going to win the world cup, Amodu has already gotten us to the World Cup and the Semi-final of the ACON, if this was a white coach he'd be crowing that he was taking Nigeria forward. If they must fire Amodu, which would be the wrong move at this point, then give it to another Nigerian. The window to fire him has passed.

SPOT ON MAN! I just don't see what makes the white coaches spectacular -- save for the few , proven ones.

We don't care about reaching the semis, we just want to slowly redeem our shattered image. I would keep Amodu till the World Cup but appoint Siasia as the technical adviser and make him the full overseer to rebuild the next team after the mundial. It's cheap,  and makes so much sense!
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by dyabman(m): 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2010
NFF should go for scolari , hes got luck also on the national side. . .
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by honeric01(m): 2:10pm On Jan 29, 2010
Siasia will do for me.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by dyabman(m): 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2010
9jafreak

u've spoken well. . . but Siasia is full of Poo.T.I.E.S also. tongue
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by otukpo(f): 2:34pm On Jan 29, 2010
Amodu shld be replace sharp sharp. With a good one of course.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by 9jafreak: 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2010
dyabman:

9jafreak

u've spoken well. . . but Siasia is full of Poo.T.I.E.S also. tongue

Man, don't get it twisted. Siasia's records speak for him. He is such an intelligent lad and a disciplined one too. Flash back "BEIJING OLYMPICS" ---when was the last time we played so good and kept winning?
The Under-20s deal was a stratagem to downgrade him [Nigerian Mentality]. Even Ferguson lost at Old Trafford against a lower didvision side lately. It doesn't change who he is.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by goodiz(m): 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2010
ABOU DIABY from ARSENAL will do the job.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by SuperPap: 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2010
ur all sh;theads
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by omar22(m): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2010
SPOT ON MAN! I just don't see what makes the white coaches spectacular -- save for the few , proven ones.

We don't care about reaching the semis, we just want to slowly redeem our shattered image. I would keep Amodu till the World Cup but appoint Siasia as the technical adviser and make him the full overseer to rebuild the next team after the mundial. It's cheap,  and makes so much sense!

Do you honestly believe theirs a sane coach on this planet would:

(1) Add Kanu to an Eagles squad

(2) Add Yakubu and Martins who are not match fit to the squad

(3) Honestly not make better use of the junior players over the last 2 years

(4) Look at local players and players playing all over Europe most especially those who were not born in Nigeria

(5) Playing 1 striker when the opposing team seems happy to park the bus infront of goal

I saw the team that went to Mali 2002 the players lazing about no fight, no motivation, no spirit, and for the NFF to bring him back shows how looney those who are  running the FA
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by kobikwelu(m): 3:25pm On Jan 29, 2010

I think we should at least approach Hiddink.
We're tired of these P.E teachers thinking they're coaching Qatar when we appoint them.
This is not the colonial mentality, it's the 'gimme a good manager' mentality.

Why Hiddink??

hiddink wetin!!! , i laf in swahili,

a while back, this topic was raised and sumbody hinted trappatoni.

and all i said is that "do u tink that the likes of trappatoni and hiddink would wanna come within a hundred mile radius of the job"

if they wanted any job, it would have been the job of the host country.

the ansa is NO !! why??

1-cos they know that in nigeria, nothing works, the order of the day is tribalism and pessimissm.

so why deal with all that drama.

2-the players. here in nigeria, our players dont tink anything of it to play for their father land (except odemwinge-who incidentaly is half white)

solutions

1-the nigerian football team should be placed under the office of the secretary of the government of nigeria (to avoid layers of chua chua, greed, ineptitude), just like the federal  road safety. this would enable the coach have access to authority at a faster rate.

thats the reason why westerhof succeded, cos he was under the office of the vice president, so wot ever he wanted, he got.
its under this conditions that a foreign coach can succed.

2-if we want the best, pay for the best. of all the coaches headed to the world cup,our amodu is the least paid (***hiss*** and you want results)
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by eldee(m): 4:14pm On Jan 29, 2010
kobikwelu:

1-cos they know that in nigeria, nothing works, the order of the day is tribalism and pessimissm.

so why deal with all that drama.

2-the players. here in nigeria, our players dont tink anything of it to play for their father land (except odemwinge-who incidentaly is half white)

solutions

1. It's not their job to rule the country. All they want is money and another team on their CV. Hiddink is coaching Russia right now, any willing World Cup bound team will be attractive. . . He went to South Korea and Australia didn't he??

2. Believe me, a good coach will correct that. Players want to win, playing well in the World Cup automatically means offers from top clubs in Europe.
That's a minor problem.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by enomakos(m): 4:48pm On Jan 29, 2010
why not give this coach a chance?siasia is a good coach but we need him for the u-23
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by Spyker: 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2010
If the want Nigerian man as a coach, i will say the combination of Samson Siasia and John Obuh. Apart from this pair, there is no qualified man or woman in Nigeria now to coach the eagles. If they must go for a foreign coach, it must be a coach that is active in coaching not some unknown Boring Multonic (Bora Mulitinovic) grin or Better Voltage (Berti Voltz) grin .
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 29, 2010
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by mastalee(m): 6:31pm On Jan 29, 2010
We need young players
and we also need young
coaches .
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by kobikwelu(m): 7:23pm On Jan 29, 2010
1. It's not their job to rule the country. All they want is money and another team on their CV. Hiddink is coaching Russia right now, any willing World Cup bound team will be attractive. . . He went to South Korea and Australia didn't he??

2. Believe me, a good coach will correct that. Players want to win, playing well in the World Cup automatically means offers from top clubs in Europe.
That's a minor problem.

oga!!

first of all,

if things work well, it would make their jobs alot easier. do u know how berti vogts regreeted the job??

its not about having teams on ur CV, its about your performance, all the teams that hiddink have taken have organised structure.

bora multinovich has more teams on his CV than guus, but guus has produced better results and has pedigree teams.

-our players are lazy. only odemwinge plays like he has passion for his country.

forget about selling themselves cos our players are technically deficient. they dont listen to their coaches thats y most of 'em are playin second fidle in their poor leagues.

my man its a problem

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Abdul Haruna Is Dead / Drogba Gives His Honest Opinion About Lionel Messi And Not Everyone Will Agree / Draw Or Any Clean Sheet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.