Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,241 members, 7,860,544 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:22 PM

Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job (5109 Views)

Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory / Mikel Applies For British Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by ayo84(m): 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2010
what we need is a new striker,the Zambian foreign coach ,infact a new nff chairman, new board members, a new national assembly, a new president, the list is endless grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by victorazy(m): 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2010
we need foreign coach
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by emekagh(m): 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2010
eldee:

I think we should at least approach Hiddink.
We're tired of these P.E teachers thinking they're coaching Qatar when we appoint them.
This is not the colonial mentality, it's the 'gimme a good manager' mentality.

Why Hiddink??

1. He really wants to take a team to the World Cup right now.
2. He's built teams so many teams from scratch, South Korea had never won a WC match before he came.
3. He proved he could save a lost cause with Chelsea.
4. He's a genius.
5. He is a giant killer.
6. He's known for dealing with over-bloated egos. (Davids in Euros)
7. He's won trophies.

But he FAILED to qualify Russia for world cup? Something Amodu can boast of. Please, no thanks. We should stick to Amodu or as someone suggested replace him with another local coach like Siasia, Kechi, and by perhap Okocha and Kanu wink
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by gidson12(m): 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2010
Seriously we need a forign coach, local coaches are been influenced
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by Uche2nna(m): 9:25pm On Jan 29, 2010
mikelagos:

I kinda feel like its too late to bring in a new coach.
It will just disrupt things.

I also feel the same way too. Besides, the NFF will take ages to get a new coach if Amodu gets the sack. The way I see it , it is a lose-lose situation.

mikelagos:

let Amodu correct his mistakes.

Unfortunately, he wont. Whatever Amodu is doing now can not be considered as a mistake. Thats his standard of coaching. So he cant correct it.
Unfortunately, that standard is not good enuff for the SE
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by Emmyk(m): 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2010
A new coach would only implement 1/10 of what should be done in Nigeria. Should'nt we start wif that?!
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by Emmyk(m): 9:44pm On Jan 29, 2010
A new coach would only implement 1/10 of what should be done in Nigeria. Should'nt we start wif that?!
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by semid4lyfe(m): 11:09pm On Jan 29, 2010
Siasia will do a good job IMO. He's been there, done that!
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by eldee(m): 11:34pm On Jan 29, 2010
emeka_gh:

But he FAILED to qualify Russia for world cup? Something Amodu can boast of. Please, no thanks. We should stick to Amodu or as someone suggested replace him with another local coach like Siasia, Kechi, and by perhap Okocha and Kanu wink

Dude . . . he took Russia to that semi-finals of the freaking European Cup.
Some people consider that tougher than the World Cup.

He's taken Korea to the SF of the World Cup . . . his record trashes any local coach.
Call me old-fashioned, but I want the best of the best for my country. It's not Siasia or Keshi.

For f[i]u[/i]ck's sake, up till 2004, Siasia was coaching a a school team in USA.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by honeric01(m): 12:25am On Jan 30, 2010
We don't want any foriegn coach except Pep Gurdiola, if not, then we still stick to siasia or amodu.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by shilox(m): 1:26am On Jan 30, 2010
Naija's problems are many, not only in Football.

If Amodu gets a sack, i'd suggest either of these three: Siasia, Keshi or Okocha.

Because they have records to prove their worth.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by Tcrack(m): 2:31am On Jan 30, 2010
Amadu haters, sebi you wanted a white man, now you have one.
eni ti o ba sin olorun, ori sha ti o to olorun lo ma sin. A fourth division white man is what you deserve and so will you get. fools
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by usbcable(m): 3:36am On Jan 30, 2010
NFF is a buch of inferiority complxed oldfolks.
their mentality is so collonial they fink anything white (even an albino) is better than the best black dude.
come june its going to be another dumb white P.E teacher taking us to the world cup.

P.S
NFF just know how to boost white mans ego. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by Rmc1(m): 5:57am On Jan 30, 2010
People so una don sack amodu grin grin grin
LWKMD

Any way i will prefer a collabo of sia sia and john obuh the golden eglets coach to take over from amodu it does not have to be a foreign coach, the case of egypt is a good example where their coach and most of their players are home based.

Spyker:

If the want Nigerian man as a coach, i will say the combination of Samson Siasia and John Obuh. Apart from this pair, there is no qualified man or woman in Nigeria now to coach the eagles. If they must go for a foreign coach, it must be a coach that is active in coaching not some unknown Boring Multonic (Bora Mulitinovic) grin or Better Voltage (Berti Voltz) grin .

gbam you said it all bro grin

Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by LAFOCUZY: 11:59am On Jan 30, 2010
Definately sisia will make a better eagle's manager.

His performance with the junior teams has been good. Players like mikel, taiwo, obasi etc were the boys he brought up and same guys are playing for the eagles today, so why will anybody think that sissia wouldn't do a good job.

I f my assertion is right, he may still enjoy the respect of these guys. However skillful individual players may be, if there is no cohesiveness and understannding within a team, their performance will always be abysmal. A sissia management has the potential to bring talent and cohesive force into the eagles like the 194-96 team. Okocha, kanu, amokachi, iruoha, babagida, celestine were all young chaps who just moved up to from the junior eagles. 14 YEARS AFTER WE are still proud of their performance
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by chelseabmw(m): 12:16pm On Jan 30, 2010
we need saisa,keshi and amocakhi as our coaches
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by ochukoccna: 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2010
a-z123:

Best coach for eagles be this grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hCnUaE6BIo&feature=player_embedded
tRULY aGREE wITH u.
mEN tHIS cHAP gO dRILL tHEIR fACES dIE! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by ochukoccna: 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2010
chelseabmw:

we need saisa,keshi and amocakhi as our coaches
KE-wetin?
Hope U no wan say KeKe Ogungbe seeing no be primetime entertainment u dey watch grin grin grin grin
Amo-kini?
Let him go back to analyzing and watching the Italian Calcio.
Even if Hamodu no fit spot any home based players, couldn't he have done that?
But how could he do that with his eyes always in Italy on DSTV. grin grin grin grin
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by chidyke77(m): 7:38pm On Jan 30, 2010
Am wt siasia bt pls dnt include Amokachi at all coz he's Amodu second. Both name start wt ''AMO'' and i thot d were twins in mentality.
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by Smi1(m): 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2010
The only foreign coach i would support is the ZAMBIA national team COACH the guy is really awesome

merci
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by cashful(m): 7:41pm On Jan 30, 2010
it easy for anybody to want to go to the world cup , he should have qualified Nambia for the nations cup to stand a better chance
if we cant get the best of the foreign coaches, hiddink etc, plz lets leave Amodu (supported by siasia) to take us to the world cup, after that we can start the rebuilding process,
world cup is a football war of nations not a place to start to or use to build a new team(onigbinde 2002)
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by lastpage: 5:12am On Jan 31, 2010
Okay, l use to think its only Nigerians that play this kind of "scam" but alas, a Belgian is in on it as well! shocked

The guy could not qualify Namibia so, he looks around (overlooked South Africa under his nose! angry ) and concludes that with those thieves in NFF, all he needs to do is "make some noise" and GBAM, he could offer 40% of an inflated salary, as bribe, and the job will be his own!

Hmm, see half-oyinbo wan scam us o! grin

Anyways, like others have said, Shuaibu seems mentally kolooo otherwise, what is he doing with all those tired legs, those 42yers old parading themselves and 26years? Okay, we can lie to Oyinbo about our age but can we decieve ourselves also? abi Kanu and Martins playmates (when they were like 10yrs old) have all died in Naija? Are they still not laughing their head-off each time Martins calls himself 26yrs or so? grin

Okay "Bros", no vex, l know suppose mention your name wink
Amodu will never change, he has not only run out of ideas, the expression on his face seems to suggest that he has invested his brain in "Paragaah", of recent grin

By the way, why are we so immune to common sense in this country?
What does it cost us (or at least let Glo, MTN and Eti-aba pick the bill shocked ) to say, "APPRENTICE" Siasia with "Viewer" (Prof Wenger) or with SIe Alex (Man U) for 9months, every season, to under-study them and improve skill & tactics? I mean INVEST in our own coaches?

if we've done that to Amodu since 1994 when Wester-hoof (or is it wolf) left, maybe he wouldn't be looking like a Chinese doll infected with dangerous chemicals, and playing some Grandads in ANC? P-L-E-A-S-E, there is no "short-cut" to success!

IMO, l think we should just allow Amodu to "wumble-&-fumble" his way in S.Africa (for good effects, we can allow Siasia to tag along as observer) and after the whole show, lets go back to basics and have a 4yr plan.

Like Berti Voghts, even Hiddink and Guidiola will fail with the likes of Kanu, Martins, and that over-bloated Yakubu as Striker! and Everton "kick-and-follow" Joseph Yobo as defender!! grin
Abeg, make l hear word joo, any coach who has a small reputation will not even come to Naija, where he will have to use Generator 24/7! lipsrsealed

Well, except some Belgian crooks sha.

Nuff said, I think we should just pick the under 19 boys and include only Odewingwe as their captain. Even our Keeper sef is begining to act like Mikel Obi ( some kind of misguided and imaginary Super-Star)!
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by Guylan(m): 5:26am On Jan 31, 2010
kobikwelu:

[size=8pt]-our players are lazy. only odemwinge plays like he has passion for his country.
[/size]

I disagree with you. Obinna Nsofor also plays like he has passion for his country
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by kizie: 2:29pm On Jan 31, 2010
there is no vacancy in nigeria 4 a coach! the Belgian should look else ,
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by Friestone(m): 5:59am On Feb 01, 2010
Why dnt allow our local coaches do dis job pple like siasia.4 me i think does pple in glass house need 2 replace wit new ones,i also hear dat okocha is interested in job of NFF Chairman,i believe someone like dat we do a good job in d Nff. [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job by kobikwelu(m): 9:43am On Feb 01, 2010
yeah ur rite,

maybe nsofor should be added into the mix of players that play with a passion for the country.

but as sum1 ritely pointed out, even guadiola, hiddink and capelo combined cant work magic on our over-aged, overbloated eagles.

i suggest that we start looking for nigerians that were born outside the shores of this country (agbolanhor, anichebe,onouha and the likes) and try and woo them to comming to play for us.

in doing this, we get players who are:

1) young and we know their real age,

2) technically sharp (cos they were raised in an academy),

3)have this professional attitude to every match not feeling like big boys for their country.

if we can populate our team with alteast 40% of the likes of odemwinge and nsofor and a technically creative coach, i bet u africa will just be a stepping stone to success at the world cup.

my 2 cents undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Football Has Been Ruined By 3 People / Equatorial Guinea, Libya, Senegal, Zambia: AFCON 2012 Group A / 1xbet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.