Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike (1052 Views)

BREAKING: Why I Sacked 46 Staff On May Day — Atiku / Don’t Lobby, My Commissioners’ List Ready – Lalong Tells Politicians / Buhari: Why I Sacked Babachir Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike by Upritman(m): 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
Following the recent dissolution of the Rivers State Executive Council, the State Governor, Chief Barr.Nyesom Wike has explained the reason behind his action. Wike's explanation was made public in a statement issued on Sunday by His Special Assistant on Electronic Media, Simeon Nwakaudu.
The statement explained that the dissolution of the State Executive Council was as a result of a joint decision between the Governor and the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in
the state.
Mr.Nwakaudu said that the Governor's explanation was given during the election Thanksgiving Service in honour of the Majority Whip of the State House of Assembly at St Martin's Anglican Church, Ogu on Sunday. At the event Governor Wike said that the dissolution was done to rejig the machinery of government to move the state forward.
He said: "This is when you know those who are loyal and those who are not loyal. There is no crack in government. We are working together. The dissolution was done in consultation with the leadership of PDP in the state.
"You must work with those who are loyal. Those who are not loyal will be shown the way out. Those who are loyal will come back. When you are going into another dispensation, you have to put things in order".
Buttressing the appropriateness of the action, Chief Wike said:
"In government, there are those hungry to come in and those hungry to go. If you are a political appointee, you must expect any eventuality ".
He reiterated the resolve of His administration to continue to deliver on its promises to the people.
Meanwhile the sack of the Rivers State Executive Council continues to generate mix reactions with some political observers opining that all obviously may not be well with the Wike administration. Others however insist that it was only a routine occurrence for Governors to reshuffle their cabinets especially to compensate all those who contributed to their victories during the electioneering period.
It may interest you to know that in Rivers State, both the APC and PDP are seriously strategising on how to emerge victorious in the 2019 General Elections and the Governor's action may just be targeted at that direction as well.

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2017/06/why-i-sacked-all-my-commissioners.html?m=1

Re: Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike by vanbonattel: 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
He just had to push out anyone suspected to be a suspect that might bring suspicious suspicion or speaking to Rotimi Iscariot. grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike by NwaNimo1(m): 8:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
Ok
Re: Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike by DLuciano: 8:54pm On Jun 25, 2017
He who pays the piper dictates the the tune. The ex commissioners have no say.
Re: Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike by tomakint: 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2017
For this move, Woke is definitely smart.
Re: Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike by policy12: 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2017
Me be like.. Dude

Re: Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike by Ibifizzleboy(m): 9:56pm On Jun 25, 2017
information noted. next item pls
Re: Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike by RoyalUc(m): 10:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
This move is a 'double-edged sword.' The strategy may be targeted at reaching certain persons and areas to facilitate his chances of holding on to power but it could also generate alot of 'bad blood' and create opposition within the party. However, politics generally is a game of chance.
Re: Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike by tesppidd: 10:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
another thanksgiving again? rivers state has witnessed the highest number if thanksgiving since the 2015 elections and it has witnessed the highest level of blood letting. let them continue.
Re: Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 2:18am On Jun 26, 2017
So he meant all the dissolved commissioners have no loyalty inside their DNA. I think there is more to this loyalty issh he is talking about.
Re: Why I Sacked All My Commissioners --- Gov.wike by kolado(m): 2:29am On Jun 26, 2017
Perhaps it could be that the fear of the unknown is pursuing him and he was afraid that some traitors have infiltrated his cabinets. Politics is all about loyalty to the constituted authority.

(1) (Reply)

Counter Thread To : Arewa Youths To Drop Their October 1 Ultimatum. / There Will Be No Biafra / Lokoja Submerged In Flood.... Photes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.