Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! (3106 Views)

Advice On Effective Car To Buy For 300k / Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars / The Car With The Most Fuel Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by baconline(m): 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
its a smart fortwo, with 3k fuel u are good for a week, someone can post the specs of the car
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by timifakay(m): 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2017
baconline:
its a smart fortwo, with 3k fuel u are good for a week, someone can post the specs of the car
How many kilometers will be covered?
What average speed?...
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 25, 2017
Funny how people just say x amount of fuel will last for a week. How do u calculate gas mileage based on number of days lol. So if I put 3k fuel in this car and drive it from Lagos to Abeokuta everyday everyday to and fro it will still last me for a week?

20 Likes

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Kjnwancaro: 11:05pm On Jun 25, 2017
In reality, none of these estimates ever add up. The earlier you stop calculating fuel the better for you to start planning a brighter future.

11 Likes

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by cyborg123(m): 11:29pm On Jun 25, 2017
Nigerians drive on roads filled with lunatics and potholes, hence leading to excessive slowing down and acceleration and still expect factory recommended mpg figures. grin

BTW OP what's the mpg of that vehicle?

1 Like

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 26, 2017
Fuel "efficient".

I'll rather be broke but still have some dignity than be caught dead in a Smart car angry

3 Likes

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by baconline(m): 9:52pm On Jun 26, 2017
na wa oh,no be fight nai,an average 30km round trip is what i am talking about
EgunMogaji:
Fuel "efficient".

I'll rather be broke but still have some dignity than be caught dead in a Smart car angry
really funny
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2017
baconline:
na wa oh,no be fight nai,an average 30km round trip is what i am talking about really funny

I'm a die hard Autoist.

A motor car is more than a device to get from point A to B.

I'll rather patch up and push a Peugeot 304 than many of the modern soulless vehicles that I see around.

1 Like

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by baconline(m): 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I'm a die hard Autoist.

A motor car is more than a device to get from point A to B.

I'll rather patch up and push a Peugeot 304 than many of the modern soulless vehicles that I see around.
ok , i will do my smart foortwo while u do your 504, its been very economical during this period of change, i sell and help maintain them
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2017
baconline:

ok , i will do my smart foortwo while u do your 504, its been very economical during this period of change, i sell and help maintain them

I never said you couldn't do your Smart car.

I have strong opinions and as far as I know they are not against by the TOS of this site.

A very well maintained under 2.0 liter 4cyl car with a manual transmission is a better economical value.

How many mpg are you getting that you find this holistic?

http://www.fuelly.com/car/smart/fortwo

http://www.fuelly.com/car/mazda/3

http://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen/golf
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by baconline(m): 10:47pm On Jun 27, 2017
i do the 2000 models ,hitting 50 mpg, u see Smart wins , get one or call me for a test drive!!!
EgunMogaji:

I never said you couldn't do your Smart car.

I have strong opinions and as far as I know they are not against by the TOS of this site.

A very well maintained under 2.0 liter 4cyl car with a manual transmission is a better economical value.

How many mpg are you getting that you find this holistic?

http://www.fuelly.com/car/smart/fortwo

http://www.fuelly.com/car/mazda/3

http://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen/golf
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 27, 2017
baconline:
i do the 2000 models ,hitting 50 mpg, u see Smart wins , get one or call me for a test drive!!!

If you can show indisputable proof that you're getting 50mpg, I'll give N10,000 to a charity of your choice in your name.

If I die and I'm being carried to the morgue in a Smart car, I'll wake up and walk there myself.

Friends don't let friends drive without dignity.
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by baconline(m): 11:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
ok lets do d maths<, whats d size of d gallon we are looking at so we will be on d same page
EgunMogaji:

If you can show indisputable proof that you're getting 50mpg, I'll give N10,000 to a charity of your choice in your name.

If I die and I'm being carried to the morgue in a Smart car, I'll wake up and walk there myself.

Friends don't let friends drive without dignity.
na my car u dey talk say e no get dignity?
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by baconline(m): 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
one of my clients did Ondo town to lagos ogba in 8litres!!!!!!!, i will get another nairalander to confirm it
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
baconline:
ok lets do d maths<, whats d size of d gallon we are looking at so we will be on d same page
na my car u dey talk say e no get dignity?

Re dignity, it's just joking between two car guys grin

I'm not talking about textbook calculations but pure raw actual street driving in Nigeria wink
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by cyborg123(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2017
What will it typically cost to get one of these smart for twos?
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by baconline(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I'm not talking about textbook calculations but pure raw actual street driving in Nigeria wink
ok i am ready for d street driving, name the location
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by baconline(m): 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
cyborg123:
What will it typically cost to get one of these smart for twos?
tokunbo 700k to 1.3m
used 400k to 600k

1 Like

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
baconline:

ok i am ready for d street driving, name the location

Dude, this is 2017, there's technology and no need to name locations.

Buy a fuel measuring device, plug it into your OBD port, drive in traffic and post irrefutable evidence.

You're simply not getting 50mpg in Nigeria, except on a Mobilette.

1 Like

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by MaziOmenuko: 9:48am On Jul 01, 2017
33MPG, Peugeot 206.

Satellite town to ikeja to and fro daily (29km x 2) = 58km

58km x 5 days = 290km

290km ( x 0.621) = 180.1miles

Fuel of 3k per week, 3000 / 145 = 20.7litres.

So 20.7litres for 180.1miles, gives 8.7miles per litre:

8.7 x 3.785 conversion factor for Gallon = 33MPG.

I usually have some left for light weekend runs. If I do heavy driving over the weekend, I'd have to top-up. I hardly drive with AC as the route is against traffic so it's free. Could hit average 120km/h at various intervals of the journey for 10mins durations.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by peacengine(m): 12:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
I did Lagos to Cotonu with 6 litres
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by baconline(m): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2017
EgunMogaji:

u asked for raw street driving and u back out?
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2017
baconline:

u asked for raw street driving and u back out?

Me? Backout?

I'm just waiting for your data submission.

I've asked for irrefutable proof. Not all this I put 8 liters and drove from Mowe to Ibafo stuff grin

2 Likes

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by baconline(m): 11:01pm On Jul 04, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Me? Backout?

I'm just waiting for your data submission.

I've asked for irrefutable proof. Not all this I put 8 liters and drove from Mowe to Ibafo stuff grin
u are saying two different things , show ya real face lets do it on the street
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 05, 2017
baconline:

u are saying two different things , show ya real face lets do it on the street

You're not serious.

Yeah I'm going to hop on a plane from Los Angeles to Lagos to proove you wrong.

No one is getting 50mpg in a Smart car in the world except you in that your Nigeria and your cursed low octane petrol cheesy

Get real and show computer generated MPG.

1 Like

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by luvinhubby(m): 7:36am On Jul 05, 2017
baconline:
one of my clients did Ondo town to lagos ogba in 8litres!!!!!!!, i will get another nairalander to confirm it

Is he an Ifa priest abi na juju?

Ondo to Lagos is a full 4hrs drive.

1 Like

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 05, 2017
luvinhubby:

Is he an Ifa priest abi na juju?

Ondo to Lagos is a full 4hrs drive.

Don't mind them.

I even did a quick calculation.

According to Google, Ondo to Lagos is about 150 miles, 8 liters is about 2.1 gallons (unless I'm mistaken), so this means that he got 72mpg.

People report 41 mpg at most and these are people using the correct premium gasoline that is required but not available in Nigeria. They are also driving on well maintained and smooth roads. They are not stopping for potholes, bumps, Dangote trucks or Mallams with Cows on the road grin

1 Like

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by baconline(m): 8:20am On Jul 09, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Don't mind them.

I even did a quick calculation.

According to Google, Ondo to Lagos is about 150 miles, 8 liters is about 2.1 gallons (unless I'm mistaken), so this means that he got 72mpg.

People report 41 mpg at most and these are people using the correct premium gasoline that is required but not available in Nigeria. They are also driving on well maintained and smooth roads. They are not stopping for potholes, bumps, Dangote trucks or Mallams with Cows on the road grin
Bros show ya real face for the race, lol, i will get the data u need soon, busy for now fortwoing around ibadan and lagos, my engine is 599cc as against d 900cc and 1.0 u displayed
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
baconline:

Bros show ya real face for the race, lol, i will get the data u need soon, busy for now fortwoing around ibadan and lagos, my engine is 599cc as against d 900cc and 1.0 u displayed

Maybe I don't understand what show your face means but you need to probably stop saying that because it sounds like nonsense.

Stop this embellishments and provide irrefutable electronic data that you're getting 50mpg in a Smart car in Nigeria. No one is getting 50mpg in a Smart car in the world except you and with your shitty gas in Nigeria grin

599cc?? OMG it's actually worse than I thought, isn't that the same engine size in Mobletts? grin
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by diportivo: 3:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
see baconline dey tackle uncle egun shocked

chill make bros show back from LA cos since na ib him sef dey.,u go fit tackle am as u like

na u go tire sha o

nor say we nor warn u grin
Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by SmartchoicesNG: 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
OMG egun oh no!!
EgunMogaji:

Friends don't let friends drive without dignity

1 Like

Re: The Most Fuel Effective Car In Nigeria!!!!! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
OMG egun oh no!!

The reality is that, and most that know me will know, I actually like anything automotive. If it's got wheels and burn dino as fuel then it's good. Heck I even like Trabants grin

Whats rubs me wrong is the OPs suggestion that he is getting 50mpg in Nigeria on Nigerian adulterated fuel.

It's one thing to advertise one's wares, codedly as it is, but please do it sensibly because there's a lot of sensible people here.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Effect Of Engine Change From 1.8litre To 2.0litre / K-tag Original 100% Rework Solution / How Much Does A DANFO BUS COST.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.