Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

How Do I Start Snail Rearing? - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Do I Start Snail Rearing? (110937 Views)

Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. / Can I Start Snail Farming With 40,000 Naira Only? Directives From Old Farmers. / How To Start Snail Farming In Nigeria With Little Capital! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 17, 2012
I'm a zoology major and a professional in improved Giant African land snails rearing(Achatiniculture).
www.facebook.com/skyzlivestockkonsult
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Itohenry: 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
We teach the Nigerian Youths how to make addition money doing little things that are legal without any stress. Right now we have put some materials together in form of Ebook on SNAIL FARMING.
This material will change your life forever. To have it delivered to your inbox, send a mail to:

AdditionalNaira@gmail.com

Shalom
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by ShotCaller: 10:37am On Feb 15, 2013
Please Guys.. Am interested in snail farming. I have done a bit of it.. Not interested in any book, manual, seminar.. I want to see a farm...I want to see a life snail.. I'm ready to pay for that.. But all u theory husslers.. U can read it urself.. I need practical
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by mrceo: 11:26am On Feb 16, 2013
hello, i am a supplier of snails to other parts of the country, presently i av a demand i avnt been able to meet because of limited supply. pls if you are interested in doing business call me on this number 08063812187. thanks waiting for your reply.
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by ps5(m): 1:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
Visit anambrayouthfarmers..com/ for more info on snail fariming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh8F-2-5_Ps&feature=player_detailpage
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by skomolayo(m): 5:56am On May 16, 2013
Let d kidnaping youth of nigeria c dis as opportunity
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by Barrchris: 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2013
For your snail nd grasscutter supplements (premix) contact me mr chris on 08187321260 or 08069212535 am from enugu state and my farm is located at trans ekulu enugu thank you. f
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by spanzed(m): 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
namdee: @brendaduta,to venture in this business you have to be patient,with 80,000 the capital you have is enuff to start you well on a small scale,with what you have you can start of with 300 point of lay snails,this i advice you to start as the raining season begins within 4 to 5 months you should have btw 2500 to 3500 hatchlings or even more depending on breed of the snail.Now one thing you will need is space because overcrowding can afect their growth.As for the feeding i can gie you a formula you can get rom most feed mills.You should also know that it takes about one and a half to two years for them to develope to full grown depending on care and management.With proper management and care they can acheive that in a shorter time.A full grown snail depending on the time ofthe year can cost btw N150 to N250.The most common one around to breed is the acharchtina marginata,this is the common one in the market.or if you want sumthing prolific you can go for the archatina fulica they grow fast and are the most adaptable followed by the marginata,then the least is the archatina archatina.I will post you a sum pix of my snailery.
pls I really need ur contact deperately...mayb u can gve me ur watsap no..or pin..
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by smallblow: 4:06pm On May 31, 2015
Which type of snail is this and is it good for rearing...

Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by itsruby: 11:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hello Im so happy to have found this thread. I'm really want to start up a snail farm in my compound but I just got news that it's very unpleasant because the snails keep dying off. Apparently it's due to the fact that they only thrive during the rainy season. Is there any way I can combat this problem. Thanks
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by BoluwGoldenFarm(m): 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2016
Good farmlands close to river sides available for sale in ikire osun state at N65k per acre minimum purchase is 10 acres. Another farmland available in olofin village ogun state for 100k per acre minimum purchase is 5 acres Another farmland available in obada oko in ogun state just less than one hour from lagos at N250k per acre minimum purchase is 5 acres Farmland available in ido LGA in ibadan Oyo state for N230k per acre minimum purchase is 2 acres 10k none refundable consultancy fee payable same day after visitation to the land We can help you set up farm, manage and refer you to buyers We are into Plantain, cassava, jatropha, soya beans, ugu, okro, cucumber, cow, goats, rams, ostrich, rabbits, geese, layers, turkeys farming We train, sell Ebooks on Agribusiness and also write business plan for people Call Gbenga on 08120528950 or eesteeresources@gmail.com WhatsApp 08120528950
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by ultrazone(m): 2:38pm On May 14, 2016
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by joenor(m): 10:56am On Jun 15, 2016
Wow love this article and it nice seeing this, I really would love to start this, But with a small set to start, Should I say a in house thing, I want to get a Jerry can, cut in one side open and input loamy soil to it and the snail in it too, I guess it should work, But if you feel I'm doing the wrong thing, you can kindly correct me as I'm a toddler in this, it's not my field though, But I have love for it.
Re: How Do I Start Snail Rearing? by UniqueFarmer: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2016
We provide practical daily tips on how to successfully start and operate a successful Snail farming venture. The content provided covers all the salient areas in agriculture, including creating the business plan, doing market research, constructing the farm and purchasing the stock. It also covers growing/rearing the stock, weather forecast, market prices, agronomy tips and advice for dealing with pests and diseases on topical issues affecting farmers and middle men operating in the agricultural sector.

Users can subscribe to their preferred Agric content service on the Etisalat network by sending the specific keyword to the designated short-code. Subscriber texts any of ‘Poultry’, ‘Fish’, ‘Crop’ 'Pig', or ‘SNAIL’ to 33327. 1st 7 days subscription is FREE...

Content are provided on daily basis and the user will be charged N50/weekly for each successful subscription. Specific topics will be treated under each content on daily basis to ensure users are well abreast on all areas involved in the category subscribed.

3. Reason To Believe:
• Convenience of receiving practical tips to help you run a successful agric business on your phone
• Content are authentic and collated from experience farmers who are successful in running their agric business
• Opportunities for internship in successful farms are offered to 20 lucky subscribers
• 7 days free trial at no cost to the subscriber, after which the subscriber can renew or deactivate if not interested

4. Heart of the Story
• Food security is currently a major challenge in Nigeria. As the population increases, the demand for food to feed the population increases.
• Agriculture guarantees a steady income and ready market for people who can learn what it takes to succeed as a farmer
• Agriculture has a lot of inherent risks for a novice. Understanding these risks and how to mitigate them is the difference between failure and success in agriculture.
• The essence of these agric content services is to equip the novice or existing farmer with the right tools (skills, information and attitude) that is required to succeed in different agricultural ventures.
• Success is guaranteed if the information provided in these content services are correctly applied.

Outline of Content Covered in Snail farming
Introduction to snail farming
What to know about snail biology
How to create the right climate for raising snail
How to create the right condition for raising snail
Understanding cultural restrictions on handling and eating snails
Understanding the religious taboo with snails
Choosing the right land for snail farming
General considerations you need to know
Proper temperature and humidity for raising snail
How to create the right wind speed and direction for snail
Creating the soil condition for snail rearing
Constructing a snailery
How to plan a snail farming venture
Cost of constructing a snailery
Creating the right system from the following options:
Car tyres and oil drums
Hutch boxes

Mini-paddock pens
Free-range pens
Feeding the snail
What you need to know before feeding
Types of snail food available
Recommendations on natural feed
Recommendation on formulated feed
Ways to propel fast growth among your snails
Breeding and management
How to select your breeding stock
How to create your nursery
What is the rearing density you can have
Daily and seasonal management of your snail
What are the snail farming tools and equipment you need
How to keep proper records of farm happenings
Predators, parasites and diseases
What are the predators to watch out for
What are the diseases to watch out for
What are the parasites to watch out for
How to protect your snail from parasites and diseases
How to create proper hygiene in your farm
Processing and consumption of snail meat
How to process snail meat
Tools and equipment required for processing snail
How to handle snail consumption
Marketing Tactics
Marketing and sales of snails
Where to find local markets for snail
How to get best prices for your snails

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maize Farming Startup / PICTURES..The Construction Of Free Range Snail Farming System. / Sebastian Suski: The Longest Cucumber In The World - Guinness World Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.