Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,168 members, 7,835,908 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? (33190 Views)

Ibos Committed Pogrom And Genocide On Our Race, Niger Deltan Region / The Crocodile A Niger Delta Man Killed (Photo) / Please As A Niger Deltan I Support For The Seperation Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by jboi81(m): 7:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
Amarabae:
oga there is nothing wrong with the name SOUTH SOUTH.
It is used for political administration just like North Central.
Do we have South central in Nigeria?
stop this "what is south south cardinal point" noise.
Middle west aka midwest was carved out of western nigeria, where is midwest in cardinal point.
We should be focused in uniting the IGBOS both in south east and south south like me, not this kind of "cardinal point"noise.

For me ipob are making things really difficult, ipob should concentrate on making sure that igbos carved into south south are reunited with back into the igbo fold, you can't force people into biafra simple, amarabae is igbo and I understand her perfectly, just guys should just calm your emotions.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Greatidonis: 7:02pm On Jun 29, 2017
Most of the places the op mentioned is not Igbo And oh.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by hmbassey1960(m): 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

Ogbomosho man - what concerns you with Niger Delta? shocked
e pain you say i from Niger delta. oya die
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by bizzibodi(m): 7:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
whahala dey!d igbos want to take everything that is y other south tribes dnt like d igbos greed,treacheary is in dia genes,i hope dey will not start another s/sudan war in d delta.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Odingo1: 7:11pm On Jun 29, 2017
IF referendum is conducted in South South today, I am 100% sure that Akwa Ibom,Cross-River and Igbo speaking part of Delta and Rivers will vote to be in Biafra,they cannot make a mistake of staying in the same country with Ijaws,Binis,Urhobos,Isoko,Istekiri and Ilaje,that country will definitely be another South Sudan without been told.
Those shouting Niger Delta Republic up and down here,can this tribes come together to form a country , Niger Delta Republic is only for Ijaw nation which Adaka boro fought for,he did not propose it for other tribes to join them.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by LaExpert: 7:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
ZaraGift:
MR. MAN. THERE IS NO SINGLE YORUBA WHO IS INDIGENE OF EDO, ONDO IS NOT FULLY YORUBA STATE

Educate yourself.
Do you know all indigenes of Edo state?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akoko

Read on the Ibillo people too, a subgroup of Yoruba, from Edo state.

Visit Igarra and find so many Yoruba folks there in their homeland.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by AmuDimpka: 7:33pm On Jun 29, 2017
Ebonyi doesn't have any other tongues other than Igbo now stop shifting the goal post

So you think we don't have Igbo in cross River and Calabar

Ignorance is bliss

Tell me other tongues that Ebonyi have that ain't Igbo
slivertongue:

sorry, i thought i asked you the meaning of his name. I know that link, i know that he is of the agbo stock in abi but i have never heard of him claiming to be igbo. His father was a minister and i dont remember him claiming to be igbo. yes Ebonyi has other tongues other than igbo and borders CRS with abi being a mixed lga
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by AntiNigerian: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
menwongo:

My brother Cross River state was never and will never be Igbo.
There is no tribe there that speaks Igbo same with Akwa Ibom State
Liyel Imoke of Cross River state is an IGBO MAN!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by luluman: 8:08pm On Jun 29, 2017
ScotsReferendum:
Nigerians are talking about the Hausa language Buhari addressed them with while you are here trying to distract Nigerians this early morning with this topic

Were you paid to distract Nigerians from the real issue at hand

Buhari must explain to Nigerians when did Hausa language become our lingual franca
You don't understand, the decision to write this was informed by the fact that Nige delta, & some groups recently claimed not to be Biafra so this fellow is out to link them all as one family.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by SycophanticGoat: 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2017
victorvezx:

Ur forgetting one thing, igbos are minorities in the Niger delta like the rest of the tribes there, so they don't own Niger delta. and all this tribes don't share the same ideology with the igbos, when they really gather together and become united in the in a course, the little Igbo sub groups there will do nothing. They will have no ally in the Niger delta, they will have to join the other tribes and fight for the same course, or move back to the south east and be with their brothers.

Are you guys now raising the goal post? I thought you folks, including Tonyebarcanister and others, claimed that there's no single Igbo or even Igboid ethnic group in SS/Niger-Delta? Now you agree that they're present but a minority.

I hope we will continue to live long and watch you people raise the goal post so high that any attempted shot at all, will score you cheaply.

Thanks for this piece Amarabae

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:15pm On Jun 29, 2017
bezimo:
[i]How can you be an Asa lady from Rivers State and ndoki person from Abia...this looks fraudulent because you can't come from 2 places or is your father from Abia and also from Rivers?.I hope you have not been misguided on the identity and position of the SS as regards the Biafra agitation

There is the general belief of a Niger deltan been a South South person whose region is where the bulk of Nigeria revenue is mostly(95%) generated so trying to logically explain that fact away may not necessarily change that established perception in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.
next time, don't comment because others are commenting.. Be sure of something before talking.
My Asa people are found in Rivers(my state of origin) and Abia.
Ndoki people are found also in both Rivers, Abia and a bit part of Akwa ibom due to boundary adjustment.
Asa/Ndoki is a coinage just like Hausa/Fulani,
we love to use it to have a voice in Rivers state.
We are found in Oyigbo LGA.
Secondly, I did not mention Biafra in my post, so why being paranoid?
Or did the truth hit a nerve in you?

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by danidee10(m): 8:18pm On Jun 29, 2017
ZaraGift:

ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY PEOPLE FROM AKOKO EDO L.G.A ARE YORUBA PEOPLE? HOPE YOU KNOW THAT ONDO IS NOT FULL YORUBA STATE JUST LIKE KWARA?

Which one is "Ondo is not a full Yoruba state". I've never heard that before

Yes that's what i'm saying (Akoko Edo)
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:19pm On Jun 29, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

Thanks for this piece Amarabae
you are welcome.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by bezimo(m): 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2017
Amarabae:
next time, don't comment because others are commenting.. Be sure of something before talking.
My Asa people are found in Rivers(my state of origin) and Abia.
Ndoki people are found also in both Rivers, Abia and a bit part of Akwa ibom due to boundary adjustment.
Asa/Ndoki is a coinage just like Hausa/Fulani,
we love to use it to have a voice in Rivers state.
We are found in Oyigbo LGA.
Secondly, I did not mention Biafra in my post, so why being paranoid?
Or did the truth hit a nerve in you?

Which nonsense truth, keep living in your self delusion on whatever it is your misguided mind is agitating for. We all know that won't see the light of the day.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Amarabae(f): 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2017
bezimo:

Which nonsense truth, keep living in your self delusion on whatever it is your misguided mind is agitating for. We all know that won't see the light of the day.
excuse me, is there anything false about the statement? Btw where are you from?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by LaExpert: 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
ZaraGift:

THAT'S WIKIPEDIA, I CAN EDITH THAT OR CREATE ANOTHER PAGE

Just go to Igarra and see for yourself, you'll be surprised... well, like I was too.

I was also thinking just like you are presently.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by SycophanticGoat: 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
Nonaira1:

He's not an Oron but well known Afonja.

You yorubas are known to ALWAYS pretend to be WTF you aren't and it's ridiculously pitiful to the core. I've never seen a more snake like behavior in my life yet you lots wonder why the rest of nation views una as demonic snakes.

Are you minding the goat? Before now, he was among those fools wearing different monikers and claiming that there's no single Igbo indegene of Niger-Delta. Now they have shifted the goal post by agreeing Igbos exists in Niger-Delta but are in the minority..

The hypocrites will continue shifting the goal post until when they eventually can't push further..
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by slivertongue: 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
AmuDimpka:
Ebonyi doesn't have any other tongues other than Igbo now stop shifting the goal post

So you think we don't have Igbo in cross River and Calabar

Ignorance is bliss

Tell me other tongues that Ebonyi have that ain't Igbo

Kukele, Mbembe, Oring etc
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by poseidon12: 12:04am On Jun 30, 2017
Thank you for the enlightenment my erudite sister that is proudly representing from Rivers State. I have actually become more informed about the term Niger Delta, from your explanation.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by RickyTan: 2:19am On Jun 30, 2017
Amarabae:
Good Day All!
Happy Sallah To My Muslim Friends!
-
If you go into the street of Nigeria and ask, who is a Niger Deltan?
95% of respondents will likely fail the question.
The Reason for this write up is that some Peoples ignorantly love to use the phrase "IGBOS and NIGER DELTANS".
Its wrong and an embarrasement to the intellectual mindset.
-
First, What is a Delta?
A Delta is a Land area where a River spread into diverse tributuaries before emptying into an Ocean or Sea.
-
Niger Delta is the delta of River Nigeria.
The USA has Mississippi Delta.
The China has Yangtze Delta.
The Egypt has Nile delta.
And so on.
-
In Nigeria, How Is A Niger Deltan identified, lets examine it in three ways and then solve the Igbos and Niger Delta Question.
-
1) Niger Delta as Oil Producing Areas?- If Niger Delta is classified by Oil Producing Areas, that mean Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Urhobos etc are part of it.
- Yorubas produce Oil in Ondo state.
- Igbos have Oil producing areas in Ukwa areas of Abia, Egbema, Asa/Ndoki, Oguta, Ogbaru, Ndoni, Omuma, Etche etc.
-
So if it is classified by Oil producing areas, that means all ethnic groups in southern Nigeria are Niger Deltans.
-
2) Niger Deltans As South South States?- This is the classification many use to define Niger Deltan.
And they even Ignorantly think Igbos are not part of it.
I am an Asa lady from Oyigbo LGA In Rivers state.
I am proudly Igbo and Niger Deltan.
Also the Ndokis, Ndoni, Etches, Egbemas etc are also Oil producing areas in South South and they are part of the Igbo Nation.
Ikwerre, Ogba and Ekpeye may be a battleground of identity issue but they are of Igboid stock.
So you see if we use South South as classification of Niger deltan, IGBOS are part and parcel of it.
-
3) Niger Deltan By Virtue Of Geographical Location?
If we go by this classification, that means Edo and Cross River people are not Niger deltans, because there is no delta of the River Niger in their location.
If we go by this classification, that means IGBOS are fully part of the Niger Delta.
-
My Final submission is that trying to create Niger Delta without mentioning IGBOS is a big FRAUD.
There are Igbos in the term "NIGER DELTA".
Even the River Niger is a dermacation between two Igbo Cities Onitsha and Asaba.
-
The days of divide and conquer are fading away.
I am an Asa/Ndoki person.
Oyigbo is my LGA!
Rivers is my state.
IGBO is my ethnic nation.
And Yes I am a Niger Deltan just like my fellow Igbos like Etches, Ndonis, Egbemas, Ogbarus, Ogutas, etc.
Thank you all.

Ada Igbo
I salute you
Fulani Divide and Conquer has failed
Igbo Nation will continue to go from strength to strength
Igbo Amaka

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by plaetton: 2:57am On Jun 30, 2017
Sanchez01:
[s][/s]
Utter rubbish! We know people who disguise. You guys should understand that the tendencies we develop toward the Igbos is as a result of the large disunity and supremacist tendencies most of them exhibit. Biafra has nothing in common with a man from the Delta!

Look at this one shocked

What tendencies other than the usual inferiority complex ? undecided
So strong is that complex that you would prefer a Northerner to exploit you, rather than work with your southeast brethren.
What has that earned you so far ? undecided

The FARCE is strong strong with you.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by SycophanticGoat: 8:05am On Jun 30, 2017
Nonaira1:

Since when did this well known Afonja become Oron.

My God you Yoruba makes me sick as f2k.

Never seen a group so disgustingly hatefilled, they always try to destroy others images.

You lots are truly the most pitiful demons on the planet.

Y'all the words of the so called "Oron in Akwa Ibom"

Wow!!! This is very distasteful I must say. This demonic act is very much common among these set of people whose modus operandi is dishing out tribal slurs and evil stereotyping to the Igbos

I know some jobless Igbos do use similar monikers as theirs just to mock them but never have I seen these set of Igbos pitting them against another tribe.

Why do these set of Nairaland Yoruba warlords stoop this low? Funny that there are millions of cool Yoruba people out there but these ones in politics and crime section are distasteful set of human beings.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by IgboTyphoon: 8:09am On Jun 30, 2017
Amarabae:
Good Day All!
-
The Reason for this write up is that some Peoples ignorantly love to use the phrase "IGBOS and NIGER DELTANS".
-
First, What is a Delta?
A Delta is a Land area where a River spread into diverse tributuaries before emptying into an Ocean or Sea.
-
And so on.
-
In Nigeria, How Is A Niger Deltan identified, lets examine it in three ways and then solve the Igbos and Niger Delta Question.
-
1) Niger Delta as Oil Producing Areas?- If Niger Delta is classified by Oil Producing Areas, that mean Igbos, Yorubas, Ijaws, Urhobos etc are part of it.
- Igbos have Oil producing areas in Ukwa areas of Abia, Egbema, Asa/Ndoki, Oguta, Ogbaru, Ndoni, Omuma, Etche etc.
-
So if it is classified by Oil producing areas, that means all ethnic groups in southern Nigeria are Niger Deltans.
-
2) Niger Deltans As South South States?- This is the classification many use to define Niger Deltan.
Also the Ndokis, Ndoni, Etches, Egbemas etc are also Oil producing areas in South South and they are part of the Igbo Nation.
Ikwerre, Ogba and Ekpeye may be a battleground of identity issue but they are of Igboid stock.
So you see if we use South South as classification of Niger deltan, IGBOS are part and parcel of it.
-
If we go by this classification, that means Edo and Cross River people are not Niger deltans, because there is no delta of the River Niger in their location.
If we go by this classification, that means IGBOS are fully part of the Niger Delta.
-
My Final submission is that trying to create Niger Delta without mentioning IGBOS is a big FRAUD.
Even the River Niger is a dermacation between two Igbo Cities Onitsha and Asaba.
-
Oyigbo is my LGA!
Rivers is my state.
And Yes I am a Niger Deltan just like my fellow Igbos like Etches, Ndonis, Egbemas, Ogbarus, Ogutas, etc.
Thank you all.

At least you know yourself. You do not suffer from identity crisis. Your ancestors will be proud of you

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by paulynpen(m): 8:13am On Jun 30, 2017
Sleyanya1:
@ OP

Thanks for this great clarification.

All through my senior secondary school days I studied geography I was interested in River flows and Deltas.

Studying Geology gave a me an accurate picture of everything concerning Deltas (Transitional envt.).

The shallow minded, misinformed & ignorant (especially unteachable ) people in the society will always argue about these points. The last thing I'd do is keep arguing politics/religion/ethnicity with such people.

Thanks once more for this post.

PS: I'm from ASA in Ukwa West LGA.
Abia state.
Full blooded logically unbiased Igbo.
I'm a Niger Deltan. smiley

;

If you are a geologist as evident in your post and you claim to be a Niger deltan, in line with op post I will not forgive you
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by gartamanta: 8:14am On Jun 30, 2017
jboi81:

For me ipob are making things really difficult, ipob should concentrate on making sure that igbos carved into south south are reunited with back into the igbo fold, you can't force people into biafra simple, amarabae is igbo and I understand her perfectly, just guys should just calm your emotions.

The constitution of Nigeria doesnt recognise anything called South/South. Igbos cannot be carved into something that does not exist.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by SycophanticGoat: 8:17am On Jun 30, 2017
danidee10:

Which one is "Ondo is not a full Yoruba state". I've never heard that before

Yes that's what i'm saying (Akoko Edo)

You're such a bloody liar! Akoko Edo is the home of Igarra tribe of Edo state (distinct from Igala of Kogi and related more to Ebira of Kogi and Auchi people due to boundary sharing and proximity).

They have a completely distinct language. That you found Yoruba immigrants there doesn't make it a Yoruba land. Stop spewing lies here and there about Akoko Edo.

I'm taking exception to these lies simply because my best friend and business partner was born and brought up in Akoko Edo and is married to an Akoko Edo lady.

You can say that every other part of Edo is Yoruba and I won't reply you but never you mention Akoko Edo again!

Cc @ZaraGift don't be misinformed by this deceitful and lying creature please.
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by SycophanticGoat: 8:38am On Jun 30, 2017
Shroud:
Amarabae, what an intelligent submission from a lady. Beauty and brains! You are carefully designed by God himself!

You deserve a healthy, black, veiny dick to worship deep down in your moist, damp cathedral.

I won't stop until the priest rings their bell and I shed tears of gratitude deep down the vestibule of your holly chamber

Perverted molten slag!
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by bilazego(m): 8:57am On Jun 30, 2017
victorvezx:

Ur forgetting one thing, igbos are minorities in the Niger delta like the rest of the tribes there, so they don't own Niger delta. and all this tribes don't share the same ideology with the igbos, when they really gather together and become united in the in a course, the little Igbo sub groups there will do nothing. They will have no ally in the Niger delta, they will have to join the other tribes and fight for the same course, or move back to the south east and be with their brothers.

we are waiting for the day your 'majority' in Rivers state will produce the governor except by zoning.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by paulynpen(m): 9:01am On Jun 30, 2017
[
Our problems as Nigerians are numerous, it does not appears that we can desperate political concept of words from ethmology
@ op I really commend your attempt at such critical and yet divisive subject. But you posit a confusing position showing that you don't know much about your community. Our quest for freedom must not blind us from the already established truth. We have ibos everywhere in d world but that does not make them Niger deltans.
If your position is based on oil producing States I will agree with you but if on geological divides which is actually the basis of Niger delta then you are wrong. Lagos state is an oil producing state but can never be called Niger delta because its in a different basin entirely
For the record. There are five basins in Nigeria. They are Dahomey basin housing Lagos Ogun and Ondo States. This basin starts from okitipupa ridge and end in Ghana. The chad basin, the niger/Benue trough, this basin is a single entity in geography but different in geology. Then comes d Niger Delta basin housing the SS states. The Niger delta basin is made up of three formation s ie akata formation covering Bayelsa some parts if cross river, rivers akwa ibom. Then the agbada formation covering Delta state. Mind you the bulk of the oil taped in akata formation are formed here but migrate to where they find host rocks. The last formation is d Benin formation which terminate at Auchi. Covering the whole of Edo State. This basin is about 50m thick at around Auchi. And. About 3km thick around Bayelsa. This is d basis of the concept Niger Delta. None of the SE state is included by this classification. The SE is located in Eastern Scarp land which have a different geological history. The Ondo man may call himself Niger deltan if and only if he is from around okitipupa because Niger delta basin actually starts after okitipupa ridge but this area is relatively small so its may not be regarded. Even in this part of Ondo State you will only finds I jaw (izon) people. They are Niger deltans that were pushed out of SS by boundary adjustment and others. Contesting Niger Deltan on your basis is similar to saying that Delta State is SE Because of Asaba that was pushed out by boundary and other natural forces. I may have some blunders in spellings and others please pardon me. Its because I an typing from a dilapidated phone.
Best regards

quote author=Amarabae post=57846332]Good Day All!
-
-
First, What is a Delta?
-
And so on.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Oyigbo is my LGA!
Rivers is my state.
Thank you all.

[/quote]
Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by Shroud: 9:23am On Jun 30, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

Perverted molten slag!
does a sycophantic, cassava-chewing goat possess the moral right to point us to the path morality should follow?

Answer's no.

Now bleat away and go look for fresh grass to eat.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN? by bellenornor(f): 10:28am On Jun 30, 2017
Amarabae:
Good Day All!
-
-
First, What is a Delta?
-
And so on.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Oyigbo is my LGA!
Rivers is my state.
Thank you all.

OP, Asa is in Ukwa east LGA of Abia State. I kotala??

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

A Short Story For Election Hoodlums / Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu, Attempts To Force His Way Into Governor's Office / Governor Sanwo-Olu Seen Buying Roasted Plantain In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.