Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" (28907 Views)

Fela Kuti Married 27 Wives And Took Them To Ghana For Honeymoon (Throwback Photo / Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter / Omawumi Meets Wyclef Jean In New York (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by BERNIMOORE: 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
HottestFire:

Fela's lyrics are prophecies for the past, current and future generations.

yes, Especially 'Beast of no Nation' and "Craze World' but yet upon the whole warning about the calamity called buhari,...he sang...Na craze world be that o, Na craze man be that o, No be outside Buhari dey eh, na craze man be that o, Animal for human skin o, I no do nothing, him jail me 5yrs.......Human rights na my property paraara ra(sax) ..you can't dash me my property paraara ra(sax)
Animal wan dash me my property (sax)end ...... Now all the human right abuses disregarding court orders suppression of the press 'sun Newspaper' thisday newspaper' facilities were raided without court orders. That 15million Nigerians shove aside all these warnings and voted buhari despite another fela 'fayose' sponsored advert refreshing Nigerians memory but like a dog determined to get lost at all cost, the dog will not hear the whistle of it's owner again Nigerians went into slavery despite warnings from fela and fayose Hmn, I hope we learn this time around.

4 Likes

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by DavidEsq(m): 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
Fela's songs wr sweet. This one is nor sweet jare.

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Buharimustgo: 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
H
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by IJOBA2: 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tolexander:
That is legacy!

Wonder what legacy "skiboroboskibo, skiboroboskibo" will leave behind.
BUT AFONJA MUSLIMS NEVER BELIEVED IN PROPHET FELA PBUH sad
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by femi4: 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2017
GrayAces:
Greatness is by hard work and inspiration
... it's not by shouting "Pepper Dem Gang, Oh Baby"
Empty barrels lo ma n pariwo
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by femi4: 5:53pm On Jun 27, 2017
BERNIMOORE:
yes, Especially 'Beast of no Nation' and "Craze World' but yet upon the whole warning about the calamity called buhari,...he sang...Na craze world be that o, Na craze man be that o, No be outside Buhari dey eh, na craze man be that o, Animal for human skin o, I no do nothing, him jail me 5yrs.......Human rights na my property paraara ra(sax) ..you can't dash me my property paraara ra(sax)
Animal wan dash me my property (sax)end ...... Now all the human right abuses disregarding court orders suppression of the press 'sun Newspaper' thisday newspaper' facilities were raided without court orders. That 15million Nigerians shove aside all these warnings and voted buhari despite another fela 'fayose' sponsored advert refreshing Nigerians memory but like a dog determined to get lost at all cost, the dog will not hear the whistle of it's owner again Nigerians went into slavery despite warnings from fela and fayose Hmn, I hope we learn this time around.
You started very well until you got to Fayose part

4 Likes

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by IJOBA2: 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
adeniyi3971:
why not Evans chuckwudubem somtochukwu ?
BUT AFONJA MUSLIM LIKE YOU DENIED HIM NOW
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by IJOBA2: 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
DieBuhari:
Fela rightly described Buhari as an animal
AND YET AFONJA MUSLIMS VOTED FOR THAT DESPERATE ANIMAL

1 Like

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by adeniyi3971(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2017
IJOBA2:
BUT AFONJA MUSLIM LIKE YOU DENIED HIM NOW

go elsewhere to masturbate.. not in my space please
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by DavidEsq(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2017
Abeg NLder, una epp me. My madam glo sub is just 5 days to go but her 3 gig never shake embarassed. I've been trying to connect the hotspot, I don dey sweat since mning embarassed
Edakun, una epp me how I go take know the hotspot password for Gionee G3 pad? She doesn't know it and my chest is doing me somehow, knowing the 3 gig wee com an go like dat. Una epp me o
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by bishopjoe02(m): 6:02pm On Jun 27, 2017
fuckerstard:
Legendary
the only Afonja who wouldn't a coward, the rest from Awolowo are cowards
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2017
The love I have for his songs can't be quantified

1 Like

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
bishopjoe02:

the only Afonja who wouldn't a coward, the rest from Awolowo are cowards

I can imagine, cowards indeed. I won't be surprised if na one of awolowo's descendant dey feed you and ur folks.

Omo ale jati jati.
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by mecussey(m): 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
NextGovernor:
And someone somewhere is singing "banana fall on you". I guess banana is going to remember him later in life.

you will sing the same thing if u had the idea.
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Abagworo(m): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
In recent times only 2baba has taken that stand musically and then Timaya. Inspirational music lasts forever.

1 Like

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by GoldHorse(m): 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
HottestFire:

Very true!

1 Like

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by CanadianNurse: 6:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
adeniyi3971:

OK.. should I take down the comment?
no think so... It's looks tribalistic
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by sukkot: 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
igbo people have their own discount fela. his name is dede mabiaku grin

thats ipad yoof fela

1 Like

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Omede2u2(m): 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
Naso dem take steal our afrobeat
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by akinszz: 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
Tolexander:
That is legacy!

Wonder what legacy "skiboroboskibo, skiboroboskibo" will leave behind.
all those ones are trash... they only last for six months to one year after that the music die.
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Flintstone06(m): 6:33pm On Jun 27, 2017
DavidEsq:
Abeg NLder, una epp me. My madam glo sub is just 5 days to go but her 3 gig never shake embarassed. I've been trying to connect the hotspot, I don dey sweat since mning embarassed
Edakun, una epp me how I go take know the hotspot password for Gionee G3 pad? She doesn't know it and my chest is doing me somehow, knowing the 3 gig wee com an go like dat. Una epp me o

Go to settings, click on "more" under Bluetooth, click on tethering and portable Hotspot, click on Wlan Hotspot. Touch set up Wlan Hotspot. Change the password of set it up there. You will also see the on/off
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by buffalowings: 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
Wyclef
How many times do I call you

Don't drag our legend to that nonsense

Tell us what happened to the money donated through you to haiti in the aftermath of that earthquake
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by pressplay411(m): 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2017
HottestFire:

Word.
His prophecies far more accurate than all these pastors put together.

1 Like

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by pressplay411(m): 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
buffalowings:
Wyclef
How many times do I call you

Don't drag our legend to that nonsense

Tell us what happened to the money donated through you to haiti in the aftermath of that earthquake

Lol You must be a trouble maker.
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by hilroy: 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
Any Nigerian or African that doesn't listen to Fela songs is ignorant.

Listen to the following tracks and thank me later

MASS: Music Against Second Slavery
ODOO: Overtake don overtake overtake
BBC: Big Blind Country
CBB: Confusion Break Bone
AA: Army Arrangement
STB: Sorrow, Tears & Blood
Teachers dont teach me nonsense
Coffin for head of state
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by Ochuksbaba(m): 7:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
Bueze95:
Fela ni, Kuti ko
Wetin concern me
banana fall on u ten times,,EKPAAA
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by pressplay411(m): 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
IJOBA2:
AND YET AFONJA MUSLIMS VOTED FOR THAT DESPERATE ANIMAL
Funny thing is it's all a matter of perspective.
Yea soldiers tend to behave like animals, yet it is they who believe they're beating the animalistic behavior out of uncivilized people with the whole Wai/Kai initiative. So who decides who the animal is?
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by MALACHY247: 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2017
ednut1:
Favourite lyrics - Na craze world be dat Na be outside- Buhari dey Na craze man be dat Animal in craze-man skin-i Na craze world be dat Na be outside- Idia-gbon dey Na craze man be dat- oh Animal in craze-man skin-i

Yea Yea Yea
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by patval(f): 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
I can't stop listening to Fela's songs because they are full of inspiration and prophecies. Even when I don't understand his Yoruba lyrics, I know very well that he is saying something meaningful unlike coordinated noise of nowadays, poorly cooked rhymes with sophisticated beat been wax by indomie artist of today.
I heard most of them are wire boys and drug peddlers who use music as cover-up.
Fela Anikuapo Kuti no get mate joorr!!!

1 Like

Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by patval(f): 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
pressplay411:

Word.
His prophecies far more accurate than all these pastors put together.
My guy if you are close to me, I for give you a French kiss for your accurate observation.
Fela knows no tribe no political party.
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by back2sender: 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2017
GrayAces:
Greatness is by hard work and inspiration
... it's not by shouting "Pepper Dem Gang, Oh Baby"
And slay Queen
Re: Wyclef Jean Titles His Song “Fela Kuti" by patval(f): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
Fela's song really opened my rational thought towards church affairs.
That track where he sang' pastors house na em dey fine pass' is an eye opener.
Since I listened to that song, I tend to worship God personally by making sure that my conscience is at peace with my actions instead of allowing a religious capitalist to dictate what I should do even if it at conflict with my conscience.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uche Ogbodo Welcomes Baby Boy, Her Third Child / Jackie Appiah Glows In New Makeup Photos / Daniel K. Daniel And Tina's White Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.