Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter (64389 Views)

Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment / Motunrayo Oluwakemi: Men Can't Take Eyes Off My Butts / Motunrayo Anikulapo Kuti Bares Her Boobs, Dares Women To Compete With Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by AcuraZDX: 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2018
Motunrayo Anikulapo-Kuti, a daughter of late afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti has revealed why she does not like Davido.

The daughter of afro-beat maverick, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, Motunrayo Anikulapo-Kuti, has revealed how much she dislikes Davido and his music.
In a chat with Showtime , Motunrayo who takes after her fearless late father explained.

“Last week, I contacted an Instagram page that has been promoting Davido to post and promote a content I’ve and they said since I’m Fela’s daughter I should pay N20,000. I told them I couldn’t afford N20,000 but N10,000. I later said I would pay N15,000 because I had just N20,000 in my account and I couldn’t exhaust all of it. They made jest of me saying ‘Oh, Fela’s daughter had only N20,000 in her account’. This is one of the reasons I don’t like him; I’ve never liked him.”

She added; “There was a time he came to Afrikan Shrine and sat on my chair; I told him he was sitting on my chair that I was older than him with more than 8 years, that, he should get up for me. I advised him not to think that because he’s Davido he can just come and sit on my chair. He eventually stood up though.”

Many may see Davido as one of the richest musicians on the continent but that doesn’t seem to move Motunrayo as she boasted that she is ten times richer than him.
“I’ve royalties I collect and my net worth is ten times more than Davido’s. If I begin to think of how long I’ve been making money or when I started making millions, Davido had not dreamt of making the money he’s spending now”, she said.

Speaking further, she condemned his kind of music, classifying it as crap music.
“I don’t think Davido is a good artiste, I don’t like him. I’ve never related to his songs because he usually sings about girls, love, money and I’m not interested in that kind of music.

I want music that would give me intelligence, music that would make me feel okay when I’m in a particular situation, not songs that would be telling me about a woman, a gold digger, an expensive shoe, accessory or whatever.
"That’s why I love Nicki Minaj; if you listen to her hardcore songs you’ll get a lot of intelligence from it”, she said.

More below

https://zenithnaija.com/why-i-dislike-davido-and-his-kind-of-music-felas-daughter/

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by alterswerve(m): 7:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
Okay. So, what?

47 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by gaby(m): 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
Okay na...

The 'follow come' igbo, plus the ones you added yourself are indeed very very potent.

Thumbs up for the incoherence.

I no even trust these yeye bloggers dem sef

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 14, 2018
Not only Davido.Majority of nigerian artistes do crap music.But as a result of myriad of problems average nigerians are preoccupied with on a daily basis,we don't have the time to muse on the lyrics of songs we hear.
As long as the song has a "feel good" effect,Nigerians will accept it.

200 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by mrjaydee(m): 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2018
Who da bleep is this?

168 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by Rozay25(m): 8:55pm On Sep 14, 2018
See dis one dy find fame :PSee dis one dy find fame

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by Tamarapetty(f): 9:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
Just say you're secretly crushing. We'll understand

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by folake4u(f): 9:45pm On Sep 14, 2018
undecided OK you love Nicki Minaj because she sings intelligent songs abi This woman is confused TBH.

145 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by 3millionia: 10:26pm On Sep 14, 2018
Davido don chop n dump this chick big time, her vex now na hardcore.

Chioma jaz strong gan ni o, still dey wonder hw she do am grin

23 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by scholes0(m): 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
She has a point.
Davido mostly sings about pointless crap... that's why songs by him (and most other nigerian artists) become disgusting to you after you must have listened to them a number of times.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by geezynoni: 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
Is ds a joke

5 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by YorubaAssasin: 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
Dis Davido and his crew sef...

He tends to broke-shame pple a lot...

But... wait, aren't we in 9ja where >80% live below poverty level? undecided So I don't think there should be any shame to be broke or poor.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by Thickcok01: 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2018
Me sef no like ur papa noise

23 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by yesloaded: 10:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
This woman is beautiful

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by omooba969(m): 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
Doggy all da way. grin

5 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by Olukat(m): 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
At last here comes Fela's daughter shocked
It has always been Femi and Seun! Haba
Grab anything that can get you attention, at least she did it with Davido.
Fella daughter that needs Davido to be known that one na Fela...

12 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by HolyClement001(m): 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
this one is one of them bad belle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
cool

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by YorubaAssasin: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
AcuraZDX:

Dis kain girl so... Chai! grin

7 Likes 4 Shares

More like personal beef. Doubt if davido knows her tho shocked

3 Likes

Nicompoops everywhere.
Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by Phi001(m): 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
She's richer but she can't afford 20k for promotion.

She then said Nicki has content in her song. grin grin

Joker of the year. grin grin

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by berryford: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2018
Look who's talking embarassed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by Jakasibo(m): 10:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
And so

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by btaliat(m): 10:30pm On Sep 14, 2018
Nicki sings intelligent songs? Codeine is on sale again! Anyway Minaj has some sensible tracks sha

8 Likes

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by Jaytecq(m): 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2018
hmmm... They ar coming for u.
Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by bidak(m): 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2018
You have ten times his net worth and still you said you have 20,000 in your account undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter by winkmart: 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2018
You have been making millions, yet you dey price N20,000 market.

Where did you buy that weed

19 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ini Edo's Sexy Dress To Rita Dominic's 44th Birthday Party (Photos) / How 2face’s Mum, Rose Idibia Forced Him To Cancel Nationwide Protest. / Tiwa Savage Excited As P-diddy Takes Her Pictures In Atlanta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.