Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? (25902 Views)

Is There A Course You Will Advise A Jambite Not To Study? / JAMB: Galadima Zakari's 364, The True Highest Score In 2018 UTME / Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 27, 2017
pearl360:
I had good grades almost through out Uni.
In my level 200 second semester I made a GPA of 4.0/4.0.
Became popular in my department after that. Then level 400 second semester too.
you are a brilliant lady, can i have you as a friend?
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Jesuspikin8: 6:24am On Jun 27, 2017
softy:

Why?.....

There are some people with special abilities in them who do see a single colour as multilayer colour. Thermodynamics is one of the toughest courses in Mech. Engineering

I believe him.

That is why I said I don't believe him. It is either Dammytrager is a genius or the lecturer that took that course is of the lazy breed that set questions only from their notes.

Anyone that can really score 97 in Thermo should be graduating with nothing less than 4.9 CGPA.
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Electronzeez(m): 6:30am On Jun 27, 2017
Watch those with C parallels forming Aeys .

I really don't care if I have a 90 ,my plan is to have A if I can. Electronics happens to be the only course I have A from first year to final year .Maths is a great badluck for me in school .it was always difficult making B in maths while in school even when everybody is having a good time in a maths exam ,i will just do one silly mistake .

Op are you sure you are not lying .thermodynamics is the reason I will tell anyone mechanical engineering is much difficult than electrical engineering .Please post the question of that thermo you score a 90s .Your lecturer I believe don't know how to set question .

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by amliftedhigher: 6:37am On Jun 27, 2017
Hope all this people writing 99 are not Uniport graduates oh because if you are, you lying. 80 in unique Uniport is 100 Plus in other schools .am sure of that. Which school will be proud to publish final CGPA 4.4.98 In their graduation list in the world?
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by SycophanticGoat: 6:44am On Jun 27, 2017
Lucid1:

Nigga. I'm running a degree program right now and I gat more As than asaalamalaykum

Then why doubting other people's capabilities? Or you feel you should be the only one in the world making good grades and scoring high in exams?

By the way, how do we know that you're not telling lies, judging by how you belittled others?
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Kod21: 6:46am On Jun 27, 2017
Acc 205 BUSINESS LAW 89A Acc 301 MAGT ACC 85A
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 27, 2017
100 maths
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Skoopy(m): 6:48am On Jun 27, 2017
Dammytrager:
As an undergraduate in a University, there are moments we feel like the whole world is against us and there are moments when we feel on top of the world.

One of such events that can create such moments is the release of a result. We have heard cases where students break down in tears or in a worse case commit suicide on seeing a result.

But on this thread we are going to look at the positive side of seeing a result. Yeah! that moment you see the result of one of your courses and you're like 'damn! I rule the world'

So in this thread we're gonna be sharing the highest score we ever got in a course as an undergraduate.

to get the ball rolling, I'll start

My highest was in Engineering Thermodynamics(CHE201), 97A

cool

Chemical engineering
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by SycophanticGoat: 6:49am On Jun 27, 2017
Electronzeez:
Watch those with C parallels forming Aeys .

I really don't care if I have a 90 ,my plan is to have A if I can. Electronics happens to be the only course I have A from first year to final year .Maths is a great badluck for me in school .it was always difficult making B in maths while in school even when everybody is having a good time in a maths exam ,i will just do one silly mistake .

Op are you sure you are not lying .thermodynamics is the reason I will tell anyone mechanical engineering is much difficult than electrical engineering .Please post the question of that thermo you score a 90s .Your lecturer I believe don't know how to set question .

Then what will you say about Strength of Materials; a course I even celebrated the C I got more than the the A I got in thermodynamics

1 Like

Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by laykhorn(m): 6:52am On Jun 27, 2017
Lol, this just brought memories.

First, Chemistry 102 with 90,
Then Computer and Info Security in 400L with 91,

Recently, Microcontroller Systems and Interfacing with 93.
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Carter4luv(m): 6:56am On Jun 27, 2017
D person who said 101 is d highest score he has gotten is dat person a real undergraduate.
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Peterosky(m): 6:57am On Jun 27, 2017
Hhhhhmm, many people getting very high scores on Nairaland but in school efcc was their surname. But Wetin consign me, afterall i no no where school de leave sef. Biko let me come and be going.
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by statrboiTolu(m): 6:59am On Jun 27, 2017
ues of englesh..21, shey that's "A" abi...
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by fizzy94(m): 6:59am On Jun 27, 2017
BLD 121 - 82A
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Electronzeez(m): 6:59am On Jun 27, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

Then what will you say about Strength of Materials; a course I even celebrated the C I got more than the the A I got in thermodynamics

Look man ,there is a wide belief control engineering is no child's play generally everywhere .in my school electronics is a course everybody run away from in other schools they don't see it as a threat .My point it because you celebrate C in strength of materials does not change the general perspective people have towards thermodynamics .

I don't know much about mechanical course but if you can pass a course as thermodynamics with A .then it means something is just not right while treating your strength of material course .Your thermodynamics lecturer must be very easy with you guys .I am very sure you will struggle to have C in a standard thermodynamics exam.
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by haibe(m): 7:01am On Jun 27, 2017
Highest should either be:

Accounting Theory
Business Analysis
Statistics

Cant remember the scores but these are my best papers i think. Definitely not up to 90 tho.. I wonder where you guys are manufacturing these 90+ scores from.. It may mean your lecturers are all nice or they dont just know how to set questions.
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by SycophanticGoat: 7:02am On Jun 27, 2017
Jesuspikin8:
That is why I said I don't believe him. It is either Dammytrager is a genius or the lecturer that took that course is of the lazy breed that set questions only from their notes.

Anyone that can really score 97 in Thermo should be graduating with nothing less than 4.9 CGPA.

I wish I knew what I scored in thermodynamics (i got an A tho), maybe I'd have been able to buttress the OP's point. The 200L thermodynamics was cool because I attended tutorials in the course and even at the tail end of our preparations for the exams, I made series of contributions to our tutor and it enabled him to solve some questions that proved difficult for him. Our tutor got a B the previous year but I, a student he took tutorials, ended up doing better. We were two that made As in the course from my department.

Metallurgical Thermodynamics (300L) was even far more difficult than the Mechanical one (200L). But I and that guy still made As. But judging from what the lecturer told us "we managed to get As in his course", I knew my grade was about 70-73..

Actually, why I believe I did extraordinarily well in many of my departmental courses was because the lecturers almost always showered accolades on me; saying I was the best in their courses. One even gave me a text book as a gift.
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by SycophanticGoat: 7:13am On Jun 27, 2017
Electronzeez:

Look man ,there is a wide belief control engineering is no child's play generally everywhere .in my school electronics is a course everybody run away from in other schools they don't see it as a threat .My point it because you celebrate C in strength of materials does not change the general perspective people have towards thermodynamics .

I don't know much about mechanical course but if you can pass a course as thermodynamics with A .then it means something is just not right while treating your strength of material course .Your thermodynamics lecturer must be very easy with you guys .I am very sure you will struggle to have C in a standard thermodynamics exam.

LoL. Now you're sounding pained. Do you in your heart of hearts feel like everyone must score low because you scored low in thermodynamics? Give me a break bro! I got an A even in the most difficult thermodynamics course I ever did in my life (Metallurgical Thermodynamics 300L) how much more the introductory part (200L).

Who are you to dictate what is standard and what is not? If I'm to go by your reasoning, then I'd say that you'd have gotten CO a coupe of times if you had done Strength of Materials in ABU (and taught by Prof Aku). Do you even have the reasoning to acknowledge the fact that people had/have preferences when it came/comes to certain courses. I loved thermodynamics and I made As (albeit a strenuous A in Metallurgical Thermodynamics) in both courses so, deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 27, 2017
97....in Use of English
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by validstar1: 7:22am On Jun 27, 2017
naturalwaves:
70 A. I consider this my highest because I missed the test and scored 0/30. I approached the lecturer and he sent me out of his office. I decided to deal with him in the exam. I so much massacred that exam that none of my marks could be deducted. So, I scored 70/ 70 in the exam. He later sent for me after the release of the results and he was so astonished. It was a course in statistics, 200 level....Unaab....2007 or thereabout.
Oshey oo funaabites! Glory of our day
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by tayorh(m): 7:22am On Jun 27, 2017
Visual Basic - 98/100
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Erinola057(f): 7:25am On Jun 27, 2017
CIT101-110A computer in society BHM101-99A business mathematics then one other course, intro to sociology-103A...
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by mikkypel(m): 7:29am On Jun 27, 2017
During my health tech days, we went to the hostel to charge phones and utilise the electricity to cook beans, then our phone rang that our biochemistry lecturer is in class.... Got there but the man didn't allow us in

He counted people in class, they were just 20,took down their names and they were the people that wrote his test

Fast forward to exam, i jacked my head off.... I had 87A

2 Likes

Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Electronzeez(m): 7:34am On Jun 27, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

LoL. Now you're sounding pained. Do you in your heart of hearts feel like everyone must score low because you scored low in thermodynamics? Give me a break bro! I got an A even in the most difficult thermodynamics course I ever did in my life (Metallurgical Thermodynamics 300L) how much more the introductory part (200L).

Who are you to dictate what is standard and what is not? If I'm to go by your reasoning, then I'd say that you'd have gotten CO a coupe of times if you had done Strength of Materials in ABU (and taught by Prof Aku). Do you even have the reasoning to acknowledge the fact that people had/have preferences when it came/comes to certain courses. I loved thermodynamics and I made As (albeit a strenuous A in Metallurgical Thermodynamics) in both courses so, deal with it.

You are way aggressive in your approach .there has not been anywhere in our conversation where I claimed to have sit for a thermodynamic exam .

You are right about one thing though ,a student preference can make one score high in a course people consider difficult .you are too matured to start insulting someone when you are never insulted . I am not pained ,I am just given my opinion and you are in every position to disagree with my opinion in a matured manner .
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Walexz02(m): 7:36am On Jun 27, 2017
I have had 98/100 or so in calculus and graduated the best over all student from my school.
Still searching for job...
May God help me
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by SycophanticGoat: 7:39am On Jun 27, 2017
Electronzeez:

You are way aggressive in your approach .there has not been anywhere in our conversation where I claimed to have sit for a thermodynamic exam .

You are right about one thing though ,a student preference can make one score high in a course people consider difficult .you are too matured to start insulting someone when you are never insulted . I am not pained ,I am just given my opinion and you are in every position to disagree with my opinion in a matured manner .

Telling me that you're "very sure" that I will "struggle" to have a "C" in a standard exam is an insult to me.
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by SycophanticGoat: 7:40am On Jun 27, 2017
Electronzeez:

Telling me that you're "very sure" that I will "struggle" to have a "C" in a standard Thermo exam is an insult to me.
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by Electronzeez(m): 7:43am On Jun 27, 2017
SycophanticGoat:

Telling me that you're "very sure" that I will "struggle" to have a "C" in a standard Thermo exam is an insult to me.

Alright sorry about thAt ,I meant no disrespect .
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by vickwhizzy(m): 7:44am On Jun 27, 2017
Mine was 88 in mas 108 by Mr odule.one of the best. Lecturers in mass communication department in. Oou
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by toprealman: 7:46am On Jun 27, 2017
Afriifa:
year one first semester

Principle of Economics-93. although am an Economics student.

Intro to Psychology -90

intro to sociology-91.

use of English GST101 Bleep dat course. 88.
GUY MAKE SURE YOU GRADUATE WITH A FIRST CLASS.
Re: What's The Highest Score You Ever Got In A Course As An Undergraduate? by SycophanticGoat: 7:46am On Jun 27, 2017
Electronzeez:

Alright sorry about thAt ,I meant no disrespect .
Sorry about my outburst tho.. #Respect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of Faith Academy Goshen(photos) / ASUU members, How Do You Cope Without Salary? / Please I Need Waec Timetable Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.