Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,780 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com (11264 Views)

January 1966 Coup – The Biggest Mistake Of The Igbo Tribe / Buhari: 1966 Coup, Counter-Coup, I Was All In It, Says PMB / The Jan 15th 1966 Military Coup Was Not An 'igbo Coup'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2017
raumdeuter:

”They (Sardauna and his wives) listened and rattled prayer beads in fear for an hour as Nzeogwu and his motivated mutineers booted down doors, pumped bullets into guards mounting resistance and shouted to others, “Ina Sardauna? Take us to the Sardauna.” It was dark, Sardauna and his wives went downstairs and into the courtyard connecting the annex and the main house. They were trying to escape.

”On finding them, Nzeogwu shot the Sardauna and his senior wife who was trying to protect him. He then blew a whistle which was the agreed signal for all soldiers to converge at the rallying point at the front gate for the final onslaught on their symbol of national decay.

Ironsi in his own words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ2pcLO9HSc
Which shows that Ironsi (an Igbo), did not support what the Jan 66 soldiers did. You just shot yourself on the foot, Bro.
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by victorDanladi: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2017
Dedetwo:

This is an idiotic stream of thought without conditions. The historic facts about Nigeria has proven otherwise. Yari.ba are known for monetary ritualism. They will even deny the murder of their son in order to secure monetary position. Nigeria has group of people who have shamelessly gone to war because of money.

Your problem is very complex.

wetin concern yoruba with that.That doesn't change the fact that that point about Igbo and the one you just made about yorubas are lies.And if you want to disagree,you are of the bigots we are talking of.

2 Likes

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by raumdeuter: 4:26pm On Jun 29, 2017
Dedetwo:

The soldiers were armed and outnumbered their leaders and would have started a mutiny if they were not interest in the leadership of their commanders. This is not boys scout. It is unfortunate that ninnies who have not seen a parade ground in their entire miserable lives tend to become experts in military issues on nairaland.

This is extreme foolishness. In military command, you are to obey your commander. That is how it works

Nzeowu himself told the story of how Sardauna was killed and he didnt deny being the leader

1 Like

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by raumdeuter: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2017
igbodefender:
Which shows that Ironsi (an Igbo), did not support what the Jan 66 soldiers did. You just shot yourself on the foot, Bro.

So did that change the fact that Ibo soldiers killed non Ibo leaders or what did it prove?

3 Likes

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Dedetwo(m): 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2017
raumdeuter:

The greatest money ritual in Nigerian history was by[b] Chief Vincent Duru [/b] aka Otokoto who killed Ikechukwu for rituals
http://punchng.com/otokoto-ritual-murder-convict-hanged-20-years-crime/

The greatest ritual site in Nigeria is still Okija shrine and Clifford orji is still an ibo man

Sometimes I tend to blame the invention of Internet that allowed moronic goons to post craps. Chief Vincent Duru was never in monetary ritualism. He was convicted on collateral bases, was never hanged and has been released from prison. It was his son that was executed due to other crime unrelated to the killing of Ikechukwu's saga. Most Nigerians are just douche bags.
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2017
raumdeuter:

What were the questions you asked that havent been answered

Kindly react to this question asked by Dedetwo:
Dedetwo:

Let us for a moment articulate the above crap as half truth, how many coups in Nigeria has been branded ethnical coup after January 15, 1966?
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2017
raumdeuter:

So did that change the fact that Ibo soldiers killed non Ibo leaders or what did it prove?
It means you just shot down your plot to depict Igbos as heartless yourself.
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by gartamanta: 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
There is something I dont understand. In every coup ever conducted in Nigeria, the ring leaders usually come from the same ethnic group or region.

The Nzeogwu coup had Ifeajuna, Anuforo, Okafor.

The Murtala Mohammed coup had Garuba, Jalo,Buhari, Abacha. Mainly Hausas and Northerners

Dimkas coup had Gomwalk, Bisalla, Wyas and his fellow middlebeltans

However, only the first coup has an ethnic name. You will never hear anyone call Murtala Mohammeds coup a Hausa coup. You will never hear Dimkas coup refered to as a middle belt coup.

Why?
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by raumdeuter: 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2017
igbodefender:
It means you just shot down your plot to depict Igbos as heartless yourself.

The Ibo soldiers who killed in January 1966 were not heartless they were very merciful

4 Likes

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Dedetwo(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
raumdeuter:

This is extreme foolishness. In military command, you are to obey your commander. That is how it works

Nzeowu himself told the story of how Sardauna was killed and he didnt deny being the leader

If I had not read your idiotic post on Chief Vincent Duru aka Otokoto, I would have given you the benefit of doubt. However, your finite intellect seem to push you to swallow any nonsense vomited on the Internet. I do not know which military command you seem to embrace.
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by raumdeuter: 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
Dedetwo:

Sometimes I tend to blame the invention of Internet that allowed moronic goons to post craps. Chief Vincent Duru was never in monetary ritualism. He was convicted on collateral bases, was never hanged and has been released from prison. It was his son that was executed due to other crime unrelated to the killing of Ikechukwu saga. Most Nigerians are just douche bags.

Dendemorron, What has this diatribe you posted got to do with anything? If Ikechukwu was not killed for ritual what was he killed for?

Give us evidence that Vincent Duru wasnt convicted and killed for Otokoto

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by raumdeuter: 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
Dedetwo:
If I had not read your idiotic post on Chief Vincent Duru aka Otokoto, I would have given you the benefit of doubt. However, your finite intellect seem to push to swallow any nonsense vomited on the Internet. I do not know which military command you seem to embrace.

Dendemorron we shouldnt believe facts on the internet but we should believe your senile opinion, I know the PTSD from 1970 is still eating you up

3 Likes

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Dedetwo(m): 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2017
raumdeuter:

Dendemorron, What has this diatribe you posted got to do with anything? If Ikechukwu was not killed for ritual what was he killed for?

There is an evidence you have been on this forum for long and should have known that I have no use for hearsay.
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
raumdeuter:

Be focused ram, we are not discussing Vincent Duru here, or have you run out of things to say?
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
gartamanta:
There is something I dont understand. In every coup ever conducted in Nigeria, the ring leaders usually come from the same ethnic group or region.

The Nzeogwu coup had Ifeajuna, Anuforo, Okafor.

The Murtala Mohammed coup had Garuba, Jalo,Buhari, Abacha. Mainly Hausas and Northerners

Dimkas coup had Gomwalk, Bisalla, Wyas and his fellow middlebeltans

However, only the first coup has an ethnic name. You will never hear anyone call Murtala Mohammeds coup a Hausa coup. You will never hear Dimkas coup refered to as a middle belt coup.

Why?
Interesting observation.
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by MasterChen: 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2017
I'm not even interested in what the thread is all about. But I must commend the OP on the way he has conducted himself on this thread. Not like your typical Ipob yammerhead

2 Likes

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
MasterChen:
I'm not even interested in what the thread is all about. But I must commend the OP on the way he has conducted himself on this thread. Not like your typical Ipob yammerhead

MasterChen, you must drop one comment, for or agianst the subject. I sense a deep intellect.
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by MasterChen: 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
igbodefender:
MasterChen, you must drop one comment, for or against the subject. I sense a deep intellect.

Breh....I only talk about the things I know well. I'm not well versed in Nigerian political history so I'd sit this one out and munch my popcorn lol
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by simplycarro: 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2017
igbodefender:

Well, if you still have doubts after all that have been proven here, then you are an ostrich. Only Igbos deny that the January '66 is an Ibo coup, the Northerners neither feel remorseful nor deny that the counter coup of July '66 is a Northern revenge coup against the Igbo national act of traitor-ship on Jan '66

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
MasterChen:

Breh....I only talk about the things I know well. I'm not well versed in Nigerian political history so I'd sit this one out and much my popcorn lol
Hahahaha. The Master has spoken. I defer to your decision, Sir.
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by rosebowl01(m): 4:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
igbodefender:
From your last statement, your objectivity on the issue at hand is doubted, so you have therefore forfeited the right to recieve a reply from us. We only discourse with scholars or people who can at least hide their bias behind a vineer of objectivity. This is a forum nit a market place.

wow, so you are an escape artist. You want to blame the world for your woes, but willing to take zero responsibility for your own actions.
Secondly, why referring to yourself in the plural? cos you're trying to promote your website making it look like it is an organization? Nnamdi Kanu part two. Una too funny grin

1 Like

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by SonofDevil: 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
igbodefender:
Your brain needs a total tsunamification from incapacitating hatred, a propensity to glide towards the inane and a predilection for jiggery-pockery.
odegrin

Igbos murdered sleep in January 15 1966 coup. They re still paying for it till todaygrin

4 Likes

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by rosebowl01(m): 5:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
igbodefender:
I think the answer to your last question will clear the air on this. Are you ready?

My friend, this is not a game show.
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
simplycarro:

Well, if you still have doubts after all that have been proven here, then you are an ostrich. Only Igbos deny that the January '66 is an Ibo coup, the Northerners neither feel remorseful nor deny that the counter coup of July '66 is a Northern revenge coup against the Igbo national act
of traitor-ship on Jan '66
If I am an ostrich, then I suspect you also are, Sir. How was food hunting today, fellow ostrich?
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2017
rosebowl01:

My friend, this is not a game show.
Then answer the damn question! Or does Nairaland look like a ludo board to you?
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by rosebowl01(m): 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
igbodefender:
From your last statement, your objectivity on the issue at hand is doubted, so you have therefore forfeited the right to recieve a reply from us. We only discourse with scholars or people who can at least hide their bias behind a vineer of objectivity. This is a forum nit a market place.

You can at least check your spelling and grammar in you quest to denigrate others, and hopefully drive traffic to your fake .org
You guys must have come from a lineage of clowns grin

2 Likes

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by simplycarro: 5:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
igbodefender:
[s]If I am an ostrich, then I suspect you also are, Sir. How was food hunting today, fellow ostrich?[/s]

You are the one living in denial in the face of multiple facts.
Coup plotters > 98% Igbos
Igbo casualties <1%
None Igbo casualties >99%
How do you sleep peacefully at night with this your type of mind?

6 Likes

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 29, 2017
rosebowl01:

You can at least check your spelling and grammar in you quest to denigrate others, and hopefully drive traffic to your fake .org
I saw that solecism as I was typing but chose to ignore it anyways because of outrageous statements your likes were vomiting against the Igbo over a matter that they are collectively innocent of. And I will not change nit to not. So, live with it, Bruv.
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by simplycarro: 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
rosebowl01:

I'm sure he spend more time on NL than he spends on his own forum. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2017
simplycarro:

Hahahaha. Gerarahere.
Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by rosebowl01(m): 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2017
igbodefender:
I saw that solecism as I was typing but chose to ignore it anyways because of outrageous statements your likes were vomiting against the Igbo over a matter that they are collectively innocent of. And I will not change nit to not. So, live with it, Bruv.

You don't want to change it, or you don't know how to change it? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The January 1966 Coup Was Not An Igbo Coup- Zikistmovement.com by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2017
simplycarro:

rosebowl tell him to add 's' to 'spend', since you are our new 'inspector general'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria's Day Of Freedom Is At The Door, Says Vp Osinbajo / Ugwuanyi Moves To Beautify, Decongest Traffic In Enugu City / How to tackle the Problem of Corruption Cankerworm In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.