Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,533 members, 7,954,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:01 PM

Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani (1388 Views)

Gov. Tambuwal receives body of Ex-president Shehu Shagari at the Sokoto Airport / Coordinator Who Asked S-west To Vote Out Buhari Spoke For Himself - Shi'a Sect / ‘I Am Not A Nigerian, A Cloned Buhari Spoke On Independence Day’ – Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by maupe: 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
A senator has defended President Muhammadu Buhari’s controversial use of Hausa language in his Sallah message to Nigerians Saturday.

Shehu Sani, a senator from Kaduna State, joined Kola Tubosun, a language teacher, and other commentators to play up the bright side of the ailing president’s action, which has been widely criticised.

“There’s nothing wrong with the President sending Sallah message in Hausa language,” Mr. Sani said in a Facebook post.

Mr. Sani, a member of the ruling All Progressives Congress, said Mr. Buhari was not speaking in his capacity as Nigerian president but as a private citizen, since the country already has an acting leader in place.

“He is on medical vacation. He has transferred power to the Acting President. It’s the Acting President that is bound to act ‘officially’ on state matters, including speaking in ‘our official language, English,” he said.

But the senator admitted that the controversy sparked by Mr. Buhari’s use of Hausa was “avoidable” in the light of recent tensions in the country.
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/235194-buhari-right-speak-nigerians-hausa-senator.html
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by kocvalour(m): 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2017
I pity this country. but I'm still asking

where is BUHARI now
is he dead?
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by eezeribe(m): 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2017
Bigots will always find a way to justify their actions...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by maupe: 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
An insightful and intellectual take from the scholastic Shehu Sani.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by LUGBE: 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2017
Who is this fool called sani embarassed

Please can someone tell him to shut up
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by hucienda: 6:33pm On Jun 27, 2017
I no tok am? cheesy

hucienda:
No lie can live forever.

I just laughed when I saw some monikers struggle to spin the narrative to justify the act by all means.

Their final cards now will now be along the lines of either of these: "ehn shebi he has already handed over to the AP" and/or "ehn is it no a longer language in Nigeria?"

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by Larryfest(m): 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
This has got to be the most useless statement of this century he spoke only as a citizen of hausa land rite or what nonsense is this man saying.....for God sake he is the president of all not just any other citizen.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by Young03(m): 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
shehu sani u fall hand I swear

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by Lawalemi(m): 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
Let them keep twisting it. The fact is he is not a great Nigerian leader
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by maupe: 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2017
Larryfest:
This has got to be the most useless statement of this century he spoke only as a citizen of hausa land rite or what nonsense is this man saying.....for God sake he is the president of all not just any other citizen.
Presently, the acting President, is the one tasked with the issue of the presidential salah statement.

Gen Buhari spoke to the nation, as a way of clearing the air on the positive state of his health, after various accusations stating otherwise.

Sen sani is completely spot on, on this issue

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by Nbote(m): 6:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
Jus imagine!! Was he interviewed as a "citizen" of d UK, Nigeria or where exactly?? Wasn't he addressing dem in his capacity as d "Runaway" President of d Federal Republic?? Since he had ready handed over like dis dumb ppl claim, was his supposed sallah message/letter or wateva it was also sent as a citizen?? D kind of really daft, dumb and totally unintelligent excuses his so called aides come up with each tym is really becoming insulting to d intelligence of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by muyibaba222(m): 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
Well done Shehu Sani, a good way to defend you kinsman but it's too late.

Better still you can go and replace Garba Shehu to prevent this kind of situation in the future.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by shortgun(m): 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2017
We pray he continues to be a "private citizen" till death.
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by SuperS1Panther: 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2017
Garba Shehu and the people managing the PR of PMB are nothing but bunch of quacks.

It was a major gaffe that should cost them their jobs.
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by reptile1: 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
Okay fine. CAN HE NOW SPEAK TO US AS THE PRESIDENT IN ENGLISH?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by amjoseph19: 7:05pm On Jun 27, 2017
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by amjoseph19: 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
God, when did we reach here??
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by ephi123(f): 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
Private citizen right? But this private citizen is spending government money and forex to fund his medical bills... Hypocrites.
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by chinjo(m): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
This is not the Shehu Sani I know. The shehu sani that I know will always say the truth no matter what.
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by Arexit: 8:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
holy shÍt, I'm hausa but wtf? shocked
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by Paperwhite(m): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
So the senator is telling us that only hausa Muslims are deserving of Buhari speaking to them? For God sake even the Muslim population in Nigeria is also heterogeneous so why addressing the hausas only This is warped reasoning in trying to justify this one among the many unpardonable gaffes of the bigot president. undecided Sani goofed seriously on this one.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by mrnigerdelta: 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2017
sani is an idiot
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by paBuhari(m): 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2017
According to which presidency? These people gat no shame. Truth be told Nigeria has gone to the dogs.
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
ephi123:
Private citizen right? But this private citizen is spending government money and forex to fund his medical bills... Hypocrites.
I love you.

The stupidity of some people begs for freedom from them.
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by paBuhari(m): 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2017
maupe:
An insightful and intellectual take from the scholastic Shehu Sani.
What is intellectual about Sani's comment? All I see is a person intoxicated with fura danono trying to defend the indefensible.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by Pavarottii(m): 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
Dis man don Fall my hand big time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by mekaboy(m): 8:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
That means the federal government can take messages from any citizen and broadcast it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by MONITZ: 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2017
Truth be told, Buhari ceased to be an ordinary citizen immediately he won that election, so nothing about him is private anymore because he is now the country's property, so y would his address be in hausa language?

Abeg ,Shehu Sanni should look for sth more sensible to say or better still,he should just keep quiet instead of offending our sensibilities...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Spoke In Hausa As A Citizen, And Not As The President- Shehu Sani by Princesaha: 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2017
Private citizen using our hard earned money for his medical expenses abroad, enjoying 24/7 power supply while the zombies he left behind here are angry, hungry and frustrated and have resorted to skull mining, private parts harvesters and limb processing just to make ends meet. OK oo...wake me up when he becomes a public citizen.

(1) (Reply)

Kano State Govt Reacts To 'wrong' Use Of Private Jet Seat Belt By Governor / Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaigns Worries Me :JEO IGBOKWE / Buhari Never Offered To Help Jonathan Govt Tackle Boko Haram-reno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.