Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,006 members, 7,838,525 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning (11837 Views)

Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges / Mob Destroys Church Of Benin Pastor Accused Of Sleeping With Married Woman. PICS / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Wow, you'll burst an artery one day, bro.
Take it easy.

You spend more time on this section than we all do , I think you should be the one taking it easy . grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by felixomor: 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . Now that's the true definition of insanity .

These are the same people who are on religion section 24/7 grin grin

Honestly bro, the insanity comes with hypocrisy as bonus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by rhektor(m): 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

What a load of azzlicking rubbish!

1) Lennox did nothing special- he only used the common theistic argument of intelligence from design.

2) The only other argument he made was a silly answer to a tough question- why christianity out of all the religions? His argument boils down to "because I am already saved by Jesus".

Every enlightened individual can see the flaws in Lennox's design argument
-who designed the designer?

So going by your own argument we can not attribute Microsoft to Bill Gates until we know who design Bill Gates himself? Guy you should watch the second video of Platinga maybe you'll bury head unthinking head in shame

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by rhektor(m): 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

All the nonsense you and Lennox have said are contradictory to the bible

So you now believe in faith without works?

So all the rules in the bible are now rubbish?

See how much twisting and lies apologists go through to defend Christianity?

Jack Jack Jack
You must be a comic boss
What has he twisted here? You like every other Nairaland atheist will be hiding behind Internet anonymity to spew thrash. Can't you even for once think straight? I ask again can't you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
rhektor:

So going by your own argument we can not attribute Microsoft to Bill Gates until we know who design Bill Gates himself? Guy you should watch the second video of Platinga maybe you'll bury head unthinking head in shame

Thanks for showing how to miss a point.

Please follow the logic.

The argument from complexity states that the universe is so complex that it couldn't come by chance- something created it.

The rebuttal to the argument is that the creator that created the complex universe will be more complex than the universe and therefore something created that creator.

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by spacetacular(f): 6:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Please follow the logic.

The argument from complexity states that the universe is so complex that it couldn't come by chance- something created it.

The rebuttal to the argument is that the creator that created the complex universe will be more complex than the universe and therefore something created that creator.

wrong Jack! You really need to start thinking before you type.

Can you show me any form of proof that shows that the creator of the universe is more complex than the universe?

How on earth do you not know what the word ETERNAL means? How can an ETERNAL being be created? Your physical mind is playing tricks on you Jack.
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
spacetacular:

wrong Jack! You really need to start thinking before you type.

Can you show me any form of proof that shows that the creator of the universe is more complex than the universe?

How on earth do you not know what the word ETERNAL means? How can an ETERNAL being be created? Your physical mind is playing tricks on you Jack.

grin

Checkmate! Your true colour has come out. Alt username oshi.

Logic has failed you. Who is more complex, the man or the machine he created?

2 Likes

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 6:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
rhektor:

Jack Jack Jack
You must be a comic boss
What has he twisted here? You like every other Nairaland atheist will be hiding behind Internet anonymity to spew thrash. Can't you even for once think straight? I ask again can't you?

Make an argument. Don't just call names
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by spacetacular(f): 6:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

grin

Checkmate! Your true colour has come out. Alt username oshi.

Logic has failed you. Who is more complex, the man or the machine he created?

True colour? whatever that means.

We are not talking about a machine or a man are we?

We are talking about God and all of creation both seen (known) and unseen (unknown).

Evolutionists believe that the universe came about from a singularity and the universe expanded from that. If I am to go with what they say, can you also lay claim that this singularity was more complex than what came from it?

If you say that this singularity was more complex then that defeats evolution especially since they believe humanity evolved from a single cell.

Now If I declare God as the creator which He is then how can you describe Him when you cannot perceive him physically?

I do not know how you arrived at Checkmate.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Please follow the logic.

To be complex means to have intricate and connected parts , so will you help me name the parts of God that make him complex ?
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

To be complex means to have intricate and connected parts , so will you help me name the parts of God that make him complex ?

Way to miss the point.

You can't follow logic ABI?

Who is more complex the machine or what created the machine?
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Way to miss the point.
You can't follow logic ABI?
Who is more complex the machine or what created the machine?
Can you name the parts of God that makes him complex ?
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
spacetacular:

True colour? whatever that means.

We are not talking about a machine or a man are we?

We are talking about God and all of creation both seen (known) and unseen (unknown).

Evolutionists believe that the universe came about from a singularity and the universe expanded from that. If I am to go with what they say, can you also lay claim that this singularity was more complex than what came from it?

If you say that this singularity was more complex then that defeats evolution especially since they believe humanity evolved from a single cell.

Now If I declare God as the creator which He is then how can you describe Him when you cannot perceive him physically?

I do not know how you arrived at Checkmate.

So, your God is not complex? How does one create complex things without a complex understanding and experience of physical things.

Lol.....

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

So, your God is not complex? How does one create complex things without a complex understanding and experience of physical things.

Lol.....

God is a pure simple mind , infinite consciousness. The same way your spirit is a mind , simple and conscious.

But God and the spirit of man are not made up of the same ousia
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Can you name the parts of God that makes him complex ?

That is irrelevant. Keep your definitions to yourself.

I arrive at God being complex by the logic of a creator being more complex than his creation.

Something can't come out of nothing. The creator cant be less than his creations. It takes an intelligent mind to create.
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

God is a pure simple mind , infinite consciousness. The same way your spirit is a mind , simple and conscious.

But God and the spirit of man are not made up of the ousia

Simple mind?

Let me say a prayer for you....may you and your future generations be simple minded.
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

That is irrelevant. Keep your definitions to yourself.

I arrive at God being complex by the logic of a creator being more complex than his creation.

Something can't come out of nothing. The creator cant be less than his creations. It takes an intelligent mind to create.

Contraptions are complex but clearly , they were not built with creativity .

My point is : Being complex is not a prerequisite for being intelligent.

The mind is mental not physical . Haven't you heard of the mind -body problem ?
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Contraptions are complex but clearly , they were not built with creativity .

My point is : Being complex is not a prerequisite for being intelligent.

The mind is mental not physical . Haven't you heard of the mind -body problem ?

Contraptions are not built with creativity?
So they are built with stupidity? Clown.

Where there is a mind, there is a physical brain
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Contraptions are not built with creativity? So they are built with stupidity? Clown.
Very shallow as usual

Where there is a mind, there is a physical brain
There are so many philosophical objections to that thought especially
Esse est percipi
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by spacetacular(f): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

Lol.....

You are just going round in circles. Perceptions vary. What you term as complex to one can be simple to another.

From our perspective we see the universe as complex but to a creator who could make such complexity which we see it is seen as simple.

So saying that the creator must be a complex being is silly really.

The person who conceived the content of a book in his mind and put it in writing breaks the plot down from the beginning all the way to the end so they wrote a simple book. However the reader is intrigued by the content of the book because they were not privy to the original mental picture of the writer.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
spacetacular:

You are just going round in circles. Perceptions vary. What you term as complex to one can be simple to another.

From our perspective we see the universe as complex but to a creator who could make such complexity which we see it is seen as simple.

The person who conceived the content of a book in his mind and put it in writing breaks the plot down from the beginning all the way to the end so they wrote a simple book. However the reader is intrigued by the content of the book because they were not privy to the original mental picture of the writer.

Bravo ! Well explained .
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 8:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Very shallow as usual

There are so many philosophical objections to that thought especially

Esse est percipi

Where have you seen a mind without a brain?
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
spacetacular:

I hereby grant you the award for dumbest post ever.

Your analogy fails so beautifully. Have you ever seen the process of writing a book?

The process of writing is far more complex than the final book itself.

The writer must anticipate how the reader will interpret his writing. The writer has to keep editing his original draft to weed out unnecessary verbiage. Thevwritee must himself understand what he is writing about- the writer must do research in the topic.

The simple final book you see came from a complex series of editing.

For God to see the universe as simple, his intelligence and experience would be so complex on a multiversal level that a single universe is small to him.

Checkmate

3 Likes

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by spacetacular(f): 8:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

I hereby grant you the award for dumbest post ever.

Your analogy fails so beautifully. Have you ever seen the process of writing a book?

The process of writing is far more complex than the final book itself.

The writer must anticipate how the reader will interpret his writing. The writer has to keep editing his original draft to weed out unnecessary verbiage. Thevwritee must himself understand what he is writing about- the writer must do research in the topic.

The simple final book you see came from a complex series of editing.

For God to see the universe as simple, his intelligence and experience would be so complex on a multiversal level that a single universe is small to him.

Checkmate

I am struggling here to see how you can even initiate an argument with anyone with the one tracked method of reasoning you employ.

The process of writing a book is so simplistic because it is borne from the mental picture of the writer. He alone conceived and brought it forth.

Editing it is part of the process but does not make it complex. Editing is simply an expansion of an already simple thing. Editing is just so it could be understood or further thicken the plot which is still a mental picture.

I already told you that what you perceive as complex is simply because of the level you are.

A creator can be simple but in a higher level which is His realm but to you is complex based on your perception. Any complex thing to you that is derived from this creator is seen as simple by him but not to you.

You are limited by your field of vision so can only declare in the now and within the limits of your earthly confinement.

To the creator the planets could look as simple as the balls arranged on a billiard table or your complexity of space could be as simple as trapped smoke in a bottle. The burning out of stars which may seem complex to you could be as simple as blowing out a candle to a creator.

You need to open your mind and stop messing around the way you do. You can never learn.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 9:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
spacetacular:

I am struggling here to see how you can even initiate an argument with anyone with the one tracked method of reasoning you employ.

The process of writing a book is so simplistic because it is borne from the mental picture of the writer. He alone conceived and brought it forth.

Editing it is part of the process but does not make it complex. Editing is simply an expansion of an already simple thing. Editing is just so it could be understood or further thicken the plot which is still a mental picture.

I already told you that what you perceive as complex is simply because of the level you are.

A creator can be simple but in a higher level which is His realm but to you is complex based on your perception. Any complex thing to you that is derived from this creator is seen as simple by him but not to you.

You are limited by your field of vision so can only declare in the now and within the limits of your earthly confinement.

To the creator the planets could look as simple as the balls arranged on a billiard table or your complexity of space could be as simple as trapped smoke in a bottle. The burning out of stars which may seem complex to you could be as simple as blowing out a candle to a creator.

You need to open your mind and stop messing around the way you do. You can never learn.

You are truly a clown.

It would be foolish of me to take this post seriously. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by spacetacular(f): 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2017
JackBizzle:

You are truly a clown.

It would be foolish of me to take this post seriously. Nonsense.

That's because you are way too dumb to get it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 12, 2017
^^ from medicine to argument.... Still observing sha.
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by rhektor(m): 8:28am On Jul 12, 2017
JackBizzle:

Please follow the logic.

Which means you've agreed that there is a creator.
Until you've known the creator there is no point in trying to know who created the creator. Before you begin to find who created the universe you've already known that the universe exists but trying to know who created nothing seems too vague to me don't you think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by rhektor(m): 8:36am On Jul 12, 2017
JackBizzle:

Make an argument. Don't just call names

So you think everyone here will be making arguments without thinking like you do? No Mr Jack

The ones here you've not even responded logically to them not to mention starting another argument. You just want to divert attention from the real purpose of the thread is know your kind. Dilly dally

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 9:09am On Jul 12, 2017
rhektor:

Which means you've agreed that there is a creator.
Until you've known the creator there is no point in trying to know who created the creator. Before you begin to find who created the universe you've already known that the universe exists but trying to know who created nothing seems too vague to me don't you think?

I didn't acknowledge anything. I was just pointing out the flaw in your logic.

And yes, I still wonder where life first came from. However, a creator does not answer the question
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by rhektor(m): 9:15am On Jul 12, 2017
[quote author=JackBizzle post=58372357][/quote]
Oh really? Then why do you ask who created the creator?
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 9:17am On Jul 12, 2017
rhektor:

Oh really? Then why do you ask who created the creator?

I am pointing out the flaw in the argument from complexity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Going To Church Or Online/Broadcast Service — Which Do You Prefer? / Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says / How To Know A Fake Pastor In 5min

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.