Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,312 members, 7,839,505 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning (11840 Views)

Closed : Shallow Atheists As Usual Failed Woefully To Destroy These Challenges / Mob Destroys Church Of Benin Pastor Accused Of Sleeping With Married Woman. PICS / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 9:18am On Jul 12, 2017
rhektor:

So you think everyone here will be making arguments without thinking like you do? No Mr Jack

The ones here you've not even responded logically to them not to mention starting another argument. You just want to divert attention from the real purpose of the thread is know your kind. Dilly dally

Why are you vexing?
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by rhektor(m): 9:56am On Jul 12, 2017
JackBizzle:

Why are you vexing?

Assumption is the lowest level of intelligence, how could you assume that someone you've not seen is angry? Based on what really Jack the bizzle?
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by rhektor(m): 9:58am On Jul 12, 2017
JackBizzle:

I am pointing out the flaw in the argument from complexity
what flaw is there? That a word could not create itself, neither do chance create any word how much much a complex DNA as Organisms have? So you mean that is a flaw oh really? All these wannabe nairaland atheists wouldn't stop to amaze me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 10:30am On Jul 12, 2017
rhektor:
what flaw is there? That a word could not create itself, neither do chance create any word how much much a complex DNA as Organisms have? So you mean that is a flaw oh really? All these wannabe nairaland atheists wouldn't stop to amaze me

undecided
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by hopefulLandlord: 10:32am On Jul 12, 2017
JackBizzle:

undecided

the dumbness astounds you grin

they can't even see the paradox in the argument from complexity, imagine some guys up there asserting that what they say created the universe is not as complex as the universe it created, damn! I'd rather stab myself than go round arguing against arguments that fails on its own accord, self defeating arguments

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by JackBizzle: 10:34am On Jul 12, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

they can't even see the paradox in the argument from complexity, imagine some guys up there saying what they say created the universe is not as complex as the universe it created, damn! I'd rather stab myself than go round arguing against arguments that fails on its own accord

I just had to give up before I drowned in stupidity

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by rhektor(m): 3:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
JackBizzle:

undecided

Short of word? Now you can have a rest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
cool
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2017
JackBizzle:

I just had to give up before I drowned in stupidity
But you are in it apparently
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by blueAgent(m): 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2017
felixomor:

That boy is too simple to know what "eternal" means. Its a pity, that these are the people who call themselves "free thinkers".

Lol..... the Irony is they are dumb thinkers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by blueAgent(m): 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

lolz . He has been an atheist for over 5 years and has been arguing with Christian intellectuals for the same number of years . Its 2017 and the same atheist claims that an eternal being create itself . Can you just imagine ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ5XsgJp9g4

Isn't this the Attention Deficit Disorder we all have being telling them all over the world that they suffer from . Because they just don't pay attention . grin They just can't .

Fortunately , those who paid attention have dumped atheism .

I concur.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by SmartyPants(m): 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2017
bennyann:

Why would you call that a silly answer? He said the difference between Christianity and other beliefs is this
- the level of the basis of which one can have a relationship with God.

In Christianity, it is not based on merit. You do not have to follow all the rules and laws before you're accepted. You're accepted right here and now. Like you've been accepted already at the very beginning no matter what. Your relationship with God is not based on merit but on the merit of Jesus. Even as a sinner, you can have a relationship with God wherever you are, forgiveness is right now.

He said he lives for God not because he wants to gain His acceptance but because he already has it. His relationship with God is not based on his performance of his merit but on the merit of Jesus.

He said in Christianity, relationship with God, is not based on a measured performance and an acceptance at the end of a long history of performing laws.

The focus here is the mode or means to have a relationship with God and not as straight as you put it up there.

Remarkable. Even without watching this video or visiting this thread before today, i have been making similar arguments in my thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/3943480/why-christianity-only-religion-me

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by AlPeter: 6:24am On Jul 28, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

they can't even see the paradox in the argument from complexity, imagine some guys up there asserting that what they say created the universe is not as complex as the universe it created, damn! I'd rather stab myself than go round arguing against arguments that fails on its own accord, self defeating arguments
Seriously, you guys are so blinded by your own self you can't see the simple obvious error in your arguments and when anybody points to it you "goal shifts".

What law states that a complex being alone can create a complex being? You asked the question who created God because you believe for the creator to created he/it must have been created. And I asked s it a must?

You believe the assumption that God created the universe to be wrong because if it were true we would have an endless chain of creators. Complex beings creates complex beings. But what you failed to understand is that God is the termination point. He is the beginning and the end.

Like some folks said earlier Jack, do you understand the meaning of eternal. I doubt you do. Maybe we should use a more scientific term, do you know what it means to e I N F I N IT E. The beginning IS the END.
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
Nice one
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by orunto27: 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
Very good.
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
orunto27:
Very good.

Yeah
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
More contributions
Re: Mathematics Professor John Lennox Destroys Shallow Atheist Reasoning by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:14am On Oct 22, 2017
Truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Going To Church Or Online/Broadcast Service — Which Do You Prefer? / How To Know A Fake Pastor In 5min / Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.