Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,336 members, 7,829,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? (71362 Views)

Time To Divorce My Wife? / 'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / Are They Taking Me For Granted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by lisbonabdulahi: 12:23pm On Jun 29, 2017
PaperLace:

Yes, you're very right.
Some of us might be worse,some of us have seen the worst_but something differentiated us from OP's wife. to let us know we're hurting our loved ones. It is what makes one seek help and make a U-turn to make things right. Something you and his wife seem to lack.

I pray you find peace and stop trolling me with different accounts.
You'll be ignored henceforth _that you might begin to doubt your existence.
... ' That's a tiny bit of conscience' I cry at this your word, that is exactly what I have been telling her, to just sit and put her self in my shoes
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by lisbonabdulahi: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2017
Guyman02:

Let me share a bit with you, you get into these kind of relationships at a point when you are buoyant as a young man, you practically do everything for this pretty lady you met and fell in love with without even caring that she is not adequately returning the favours.
You are blinded by infatuation and everything seems all rosy.

The moment you sign the marriage documents, you realise that you have not stamped your feet down in the relationship with her and did not study every bit and pieces of her innermost character, you then start making efforts to become the man you should have been during courtship, she resists every move knowing fully well that it is now difficult for you to quit or end the relationship because you are now married.

If anything happens to your income or added responsibilities is taking a large chunk from your fixed income, thats when you realise that you have a wife who is inconsiderate and cares only about herself and how to accumulate resources for herself alone, you realise that you live with woman who will password her phones so that you dont stumble into her bank alert statement, she spends her money and invests it however she want without declaring much to you and tell you that the kids are yours and if you like dont pay their school schools and house rent and even use propaganda by asking you in your childrens front what kind of father and husband are you who cannot pay his childrens fees.

Meanwhile she will push you into putting the kids into expensive schools with a promise to help with the fees but will renege on her promise after 2 terms of cooperation.

As a father you cant stand and watch your kids suffer, nor withdraw them and put them into a more affordable but discrepit school which will look like retrogression and can even affect your psyche as a man.
This kind of women are narcissistic and know how to hook the nice and gentle guys, perhaps you ladies should know more about how they achieve that.
In retrospect, the man will also realize that he abandoned a good girl somewhere along who cared so much about him but didnt know how to pretend about her feelings and you feel like turning back the hands of time. cry cry
Yes your are right, her name was angela
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by lisbonabdulahi: 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2017
FortuneTeller:

You never answered my question. DO YOU HAVE A JOB? Does she work more than you do? It would be strange for her to be home and never give you the same dinner she is giving her children. Seriously if you have no job or she makes much more than you do, you may as well fold your hands and let her be. However that would not be the only cause of her behavior. She's not going to change. I'm telling you, I've never been an exceptionally happy person. I always have a complaint, but that's just who I am. If my husband left, I would probably go into a depression because he is my only close friend. However I rarely treat him nice. If my husband wants to hear me talk nice to him, he starts talking about going home to Nigeria. I just tell him he wants to abandon me and put a sad look on my face (that is my version of being nice). It makes him laugh and say "my baby". Just learn to laugh and you will be happier.
Yes, a good one
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
... ' That's a tiny bit of conscience' I cry at this your word, that is exactly what I have been telling her, to just sit and put her self in my shoes

Sorry lisbon, I can imagine how you feel. Going by your subsequent comments, your wife is narcissistic. Such people see no wrong in their actions, but they are masters at playing victim.

I had a friend like that, now she is married to a guy that loves her so much and I sometimes wonder if she is exhibiting that attitude there and how the young man is coping.

You're the one wearing the shoe, weight all your options and do what's best for you and your kids most importantly.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by PeacenLove2: 12:34pm On Jun 29, 2017
Sometimes we talk a Iot but can't find the right words thus we lose the essence of that conversation. Here is my take:

Call a meeting between you and your wife. Invite parents or siblings if you think there is any need. Be firm, stern but not aggressive.

First ask your wife what she thinks is wrong with your marriage? Your short comings? Listen carefully. Even if there are lies just listen and learn.

Then state all your observations, her shortcomings. Remember the reason for this meeting is not to fight or count scores but to come to the best conclusion, whether you both can compromise, meet half way and make up or have a peaceful break up.

Your children are worth the pain. They deserve a happy home that you parents must work hard to make for them. Never mind Nairalanders who are transferring there own marital problems to your situation. Every man and his own. Nobody will die another's death. It's your cross, carry it and do it with dignity. Who says everything will be jolly all the time. Make the most of the good times and learn to celebrate each other. May God help you.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
lalanice:
I know very much that men are emotionally abused, I even have a crazy neighbour here that is trying to ruin her husbands life. but this story just seems like a repeated story with more juice

Please shattap.

Thanks.

You are thoughtless, inconsiderate and lack love. Just like the woman in the story.

The writer is asking for help, you are contributing rubbish. So many ladies add NO VALUE.

Just like Tonto Dike kind of girls. Just buy brain.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by DropShot: 12:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
MizMyColi:
The worst thing that can happen to a man is to live with a woman who has no love, thoughtless and inconsiderate.

A man cannot change a woman, neither can a woman change a man.

When you get married to a human being, you need to understand that your marriage will not work unless you are ready to invest heavily in the virtues of love and kindness.

It pays to be open.
It pays to have a heart that is willing to let go.

I guess the woman harbors a lot of unforgiveness and hate in her heart.
She needs to become aware. She needs to connect with her truest and purest self.

Dear OP, I don't know how you will do it, but I think you have endured long enough.

Try to engage in things that make you happy.
Pray, seek divine counsel on what to do.

I will advise that you make peace with your current situation and try to avoid the negativity, all kinds of negativity.

I wish you well Sir.
I see you oo.

Well done.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by MizMyColi(f): 12:40pm On Jun 29, 2017
DropShot:

I see you oo.

Well done.

cheesy

good afternoon Sir.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by eodavids(m): 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
PaperLace:
This is what happens when you try to do the job of a therapist.

Marriage is not a rehabilitation centre for dysfunctional people _ don't go marrying people with the plans of changing them in marriage.

I pity the innocent kids you brought into all this, such emotional trauma from a mother that should be loving. I won't say you should divorce her, but I am very concerned about the well being of your kids. The way she lashes out at them with insults isn't good for their psyche. I am sure you know that. You owed them the duty of getting he best mum, something you've failed on. You might wanna consider removing them from that environment for the time being _till you fix the mess you created.

Encourage her to go for counselling, something you should have advised her to do 11yrs ago, instead you put a ring on it.
That woman needs to heal.

You approached this issue maturely.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
PaperLace:
This is what happens when you try to do the job of a therapist.

Marriage is not a rehabilitation centre for dysfunctional people _ don't go marrying people with the plans of changing them in marriage.

I pity the innocent kids you brought into all this, such emotional trauma from a mother that should be loving. I won't say you should divorce her, but I am very concerned about the well being of your kids. The way she lashes out at them with insults isn't good for their psyche. I am sure you know that. You owed them the duty of getting he best mum, something you've failed on. You might wanna consider removing them from that environment for the time being _till you fix the mess you created.

Encourage her to go for counselling, something you should have advised her to do 11yrs ago, instead you put a ring on it.
That woman needs to heal.

Salute.

I don't see it being needful to start acting like a doctor to a crazy person who prides herself on pretence and selfishness.

If someone is dating a mentally deranged person, better send him or her to a psychiatrist and find another date.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by DropShot: 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
MizMyColi:

cheesy

good afternoon Sir.
Good afternoon my sister.

Long time. E ku igbadun. cheesy
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by MizMyColi(f): 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
DropShot:

Good afternoon my sister.

Long time. E ku igbadun. cheesy

Oluwa Lo'ogo o o cheesy
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by jpphilips(m): 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need you advice before I finally end this marriage.
I know I was at fault at the beginning for not stamping my authority , I showed her so much love, because she is a product of a broken home, I wanted her to know there is much more to life, now she has turned my love to foolishness, I do not want my kids to grow up without a father. That is why I have been very patient, but now … please read on.

I have been married for 11 years, with 4 kids. The truth is that we have never had really peace in the home for these years, everything is trouble, from the way I talk, eat, dress, use the toilet and sleep, just name them. The situation has been bad from the beginning, but the last three years has been hell for me and the kids, my wife shouts and complain over everything, she cannot go one full day with Joy, there is always one thing that annoys her, she has to be right on all issues, The very sad part is that whenever she does anything wrong and I ask her, there will be trouble, she will refuse to speak with me for as long as she like. We can go for weeks without really speaking with each other she enjoys it, she does not just bother at all. Each time these things happen, I am always the one that try to initiate peace.

I will like to give only one example to summarise everything going on in my home: two years ago, she will just leave the home without telling me, I called her and told her it is not right, she replied me promptly that it is her life, I can’t control her, and it is my life as well, I should do whatever I like with it. well I thought it was anger, however, I never mind, anytime I want to leave, I make sure I tell her till one day she called me and tell me that even if I keep informing her about my movements, that she is not going to change, she is not under any obligation to tell me where she is going to. My people, for two years counting now, that is how we have been doing it, we just leave without telling each other. BUT OCCASSIONALLY FOR SOME REASONS I DON’T KNOW, SHE WILL JUST TELL ME SHE IS GOING OUT TO XYZ.

[b]She always insults me and even the kids, for any mistake they make and she never fails to tell them that they did not inherit their bad character from her, that they inherited their character from me, she says this consistently even when I am there. There is no insult she has not [/b]poured on me, I have had to explain to her mother severally but the woman is simply helpless, her mother is dead scared of her. She exhibited some of these characters during our two years of courtship, but her mother and some brethren advised that she will change after marriage. She is always complaining of being tired, meanwhile, I do the dishes, do the vacuuming (sweeping), cleaning and other domestic duties, even when she cooks, I have to cut the ingredients and all that, in short she rarely cooks. We sleep in different rooms for 4 years counting now, occasionally I try to go to her room to initiate sex, but 99% of cases she chase me away, sometime she locks her door. She stopped me from sleeping in same room with her, when I asked why, shy did not say anything but after 4 months she said it was because I was snoring at night. Trust me anytime I am opportune to make love to her I make sure she climaxes…

It is so bad that even her sisters sometimes rebuke her in my presence, presently, she is not in talking terms with any of her siblings, and this has been on for the past three years. I am stuck with this lady, her mother cannot talk to her, no family member she respects. She is a loner.
To the extent that she makes friends and they always break up, she has no real close friends, even if they are close, trust me, before 6 months the relationship has gone sour.

Are you done? for what it is worth, the bold parts of your whining requires that your certificate of Masculinity must be withdrawn, It doesn't matter what anyone here advised, I never bothered to read their comments except yours, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your marriage, You are simply a disgrace who married a smarter wife, please remain with this one and don't dare take your disgraceful self to another lady, you may end up corrupting her with your self pity and incompetent disgraceful self.
God gave you a family to lead not whine all over the internet like a cry baby, jeez!! If I was your friend and you come to me with this stvpidity, i will give you a dirty slap so bad you may not recognise your wife, now get the fvck off the internet and go be a man using every means logically necessary to restore sanity for the sake of your kids

3 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by talk2bity: 12:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
I will not advice u 2 leave the marriage because of ur kids but try ur best not to complaint or even talk to her about her ways.u've 2 start praying(serious prayers) 4 her i.e if u stil luv u ur wife and ur family.ur emeny is not ur wife but the devil
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by 360command: 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2017
never marry out of pity never marry out of true love marry for the sake of procreativity. there is no love in this world. just be on an agreement with your spouse. it pays this way than any other.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by lisbonabdulahi: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2017
jpphilips:

Are you done? for what it is worth, the bold parts of your whining requires that your certificate of Masculinity must be withdrawn, It doesn't matter what anyone here advised, I never bothered to read their comments except yours, there is absolutely nothing wrong with your marriage, You are simply a disgrace who married a smarter wife, please remain with this one and don't dare take your disgraceful self to another lady, you may end up corrupting her with your self pity and incompetent disgraceful self.
God gave you a family to lead not whine all over the internet like a cry baby, jeez!! If I was your friend and you come to me with this stvpidity, i will give you a dirty slap so bad you may not recognise your wife, now get the fvck off the internet and go be a man using every means logically necessary to restore sanity for the sake of your kids
You may think this is an insult, but you have passed a message, if you do not really care, you will not talk to me like this. You do really care, thanks

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by 360command: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
talk2bity:
I will not advice u 2 leave the marriage because of ur kids but try ur best not to complaint or even talk to her about her ways.u've 2 start praying(serious prayers) 4 her i.e if u stil luv u ur wife and ur family.ur emeny is not ur wife but the devil
there is no devil, no God here. this is a subject of individuality which needs to be changed. here in the developed countries they seek therapeutic help.
A question to ask both of them but not in their presence is, what attention do you want from your spouse?

if no one can answer this or such is not working.. let them separate ways.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by nairashopping(m): 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
What the hell? Abeg Mr Husband talk to urself before she kill u.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by benzion72(m): 1:04pm On Jun 29, 2017
[quote author=lalanice post=57927877]I've read a similar story before, makes me feel this story is made up.[/quote

make up ke, I am in the same shit, looking for way out
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by jpphilips(m): 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
You may think this is an insult, but you have passed a message, if you do not really care, you will not talk to me like this. You do really care, thanks

I wasn't actually insulting you neither was I advising you, I know people like you deep down have something that needs a message like that to wake, rightly put, I was only waking you up!!
Go and fix your home, nobody here can do that for you!
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
Yes, a good one

Please just let your wife be herself. Some of us are just not happy people. It's the way we are. It doesn't mean she hates you. You just have to let her have her way. I don't even look at other men, but others would think I was cheating on my husband the way I treat him at times. it's just my personality.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Biggers82(m): 1:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
My brother does your wife know you wash dishes at your sidechick's house?
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by placeofallure(f): 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2017
If all you said is true OP, then you have tried really. What man will go celibate for days, do chores and not raise the roof? My husband doesn't even allow me sleep with my panties on. It's true she exhibited those kill joy tendencies before you married her but at times marriage change people. You're rather unfortunate that you're not among the few lucky ones. You can no longer fight this battle alone. Seek divine direction from God ultimately. Then in practical terms, let the two families sit, table your complaints, they cannot talk her out of her ways but they'll be witnesses, let a spiritual father too be on seat. I am a practicing Christian, God does not permit divorce i know but tell that gathering you'll soon call for one if she doesn't change.

Consider your wellness and that of your kids. She's slowly but surely killing their self esteem and maybe yours too. A stitch in time saves nine.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by TinaAnita(f): 1:27pm On Jun 29, 2017
It's either she hasn't gotten over her ex lover or in love with someone else entirely which could possibly explain why she is allergic to you.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by lalanice(f): 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2017
Naughtysite:

Please shattap.

Thanks.

You are thoughtless, inconsiderate and lack love. Just like the woman in the story.

The writer is asking for help, you are contributing rubbish. So many ladies add NO VALUE.

Just like Tonto Dike kind of girls. Just buy brain.

and you are ??
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by PreyingMantis(m): 1:30pm On Jun 29, 2017
PaperLace:
Yes, you're very right.
Some of us might be worse,some of us have seen the worst_but something differentiated us from OP's wife. That's a tiny bit of conscience to let us know we're hurting our loved ones. It is what makes one seek help and make a U-turn to make things right. Something you and his wife seem to lack.

I pray you find peace and stop trolling me with different accounts.
You'll be ignored henceforth _that you might begin to doubt your existence.
You sound like you're in pains... Someone must've touched a raw nerve. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by fof1: 1:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need you advice before I finally end this marriage.
I know I was at fault at the beginning for not stamping my authority , I showed her so much love, because she is a product of a broken home, I wanted her to know there is much more to life, now she has turned my love to foolishness, I do not want my kids to grow up without a father. That is why I have been very patient, but now … please read on.

I have been married for 11 years, with 4 kids. The truth is that we have never had really peace in the home for these years, everything is trouble, from the way I talk, eat, dress, use the toilet and sleep, just name them. The situation has been bad from the beginning, but the last three years has been hell for me and the kids, my wife shouts and complain over everything, she cannot go one full day with Joy, there is always one thing that annoys her, she has to be right on all issues, The very sad part is that whenever she does anything wrong and I ask her, there will be trouble, she will refuse to speak with me for as long as she like. We can go for weeks without really speaking with each other she enjoys it, she does not just bother at all. Each time these things happen, I am always the one that try to initiate peace.

I will like to give only one example to summarise everything going on in my home: two years ago, she will just leave the home without telling me, I called her and told her it is not right, she replied me promptly that it is her life, I can’t control her, and it is my life as well, I should do whatever I like with it. well I thought it was anger, however, I never mind, anytime I want to leave, I make sure I tell her till one day she called me and tell me that even if I keep informing her about my movements, that she is not going to change, she is not under any obligation to tell me where she is going to. My people, for two years counting now, that is how we have been doing it, we just leave without telling each other. BUT OCCASSIONALLY FOR SOME REASONS I DON’T KNOW, SHE WILL JUST TELL ME SHE IS GOING OUT TO XYZ.

She always insults me and even the kids, for any mistake they make and she never fails to tell them that they did not inherit their bad character from her, that they inherited their character from me, she says this consistently even when I am there. There is no insult she has not poured on me, I have had to explain to her mother severally but the woman is simply helpless, her mother is dead scared of her. She exhibited some of these characters during our two years of courtship, but her mother and some brethren advised that she will change after marriage. She is always complaining of being tired, meanwhile, I do the dishes, do the vacuuming (sweeping), cleaning and other domestic duties, even when she cooks, I have to cut the ingredients and all that, in short she rarely cooks. We sleep in different rooms for 4 years counting now, occasionally I try to go to her room to initiate sex, but 99% of cases she chase me away, sometime she locks her door. She stopped me from sleeping in same room with her, when I asked why, shy did not say anything but after 4 months she said it was because I was snoring at night. Trust me anytime I am opportune to make love to her I make sure she climaxes…

It is so bad that even her sisters sometimes rebuke her in my presence, presently, she is not in talking terms with any of her siblings, and this has been on for the past three years. I am stuck with this lady, her mother cannot talk to her, no family member she respects. She is a loner.
To the extent that she makes friends and they always break up, she has no real close friends, even if they are close, trust me, before 6 months the relationship has gone sour.

I DOUBT IF ALL THE CHILDREN ARE URS.
I DOUBT IF SHE HAS BN FAITHFUL SINCE U MARRIED.
I DOUBT IF SHE HAD NOT BN SEEING ANOTHER EVER.
I DOUBT IF U KNOW, THIS LADY CAN KILL ANY WITH THIS ATTITUDE ONE DAY.
I DOUBT IF U CAN KEEP UR PLEDGE AND OVER LOOK THE DANGER IN UR FACE. GOD HELP U OUT.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 29, 2017
lalanice:
and you are ??
Please shattap.
Thank you aunty.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by andyanders: 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2017
lalanice:

to some quote I find very unnecessary to reply, but let me tell you this. my post has nothing to do with my status, I only stated what I noticed and I didnt just mean the story I meant even the lines and the write-up, I have seen it before. I do not attach any attitude to gender I believe people are just who they are women and men can be equally wicked as the devil. stay with who you can and avoid who you can't.

My sister, I respect your views and never meant bad to your person.I give you your respect and don't feel hurt maybe the way I stated my view on the subject matter as per your input to the subject too.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Fredrichnnamani: 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2017
most men have died because of marrying a woman. things always get worse in the marriage of nowadays all these things happen because of woman. Pls dear brother if you can't cope with her anymore take her home before you die.
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by Andiebest(m): 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2017
lisbonabdulahi:

She always insults me and even the kids, for any mistake they make and she never fails to tell them that they did not inherit their bad character from her, that they inherited their character from me, she says this consistently even when I am there. There is no insult she has not poured on me, I have had to explain to her mother severally but the woman is simply helpless, her mother is dead scared of her. She exhibited some of these characters during our two years of courtship, but her mother and some brethren advised that she will change after marriage. She is always complaining of being tired, meanwhile, I do the dishes, do the vacuuming (sweeping), cleaning and other domestic duties, even when she cooks, I have to cut the ingredients and all that, in short she rarely cooks. We sleep in different rooms for 4 years counting now, occasionally I try to go to her room to initiate sex, but 99% of cases she chase me away, sometime she locks her door. She stopped me from sleeping in same room with her, when I asked why, shy did not say anything but after 4 months she said it was because I was snoring at night. Trust me anytime I am opportune to make love to her I make sure she climaxes…

Yet another story of a MAD BLACK WOMAN from a broken home n possibly many broken relationships. This is a norm with our African American sisters but this ugly trend is gradually growing in Africa too due to same factors of broken homes n abuse in previous relationships made worse by refusal to spiritual n professional help. It's pertinent to note that abt 90% of African American children grow up with single parents esp their mom's n that fatherly love n firmness from the dad is missing. They grow up seeking love from men they never had from their dad's (either cos their supposed parents never wanted them, their mom's don't know who the real father is or their mom was hoping to trap a brother with them but d man still bailed anyway). Because they don't know what they want, they make terrible choices with men who show them no love n even abuse them adding salt to injury leaving them broken. Deed is done, we all make mistakes but maturity is the ability to recognize our strengths n weaknesses n create a planned program to work on our weaknesses but what do our sisters do, become hardened n refuse spiritual & professional help. They transfer all the aggression on the (unfortunate) good man they meet, simply put they choose to become IRREDEEMABLY MAD. God understands you have been through a lot that's why He sent u a good man eventhough u lack a sense of hood judgements but you decide to make his life miserable n turn him into a TIRED BLACK MAN. Then he walks away when he can't take it anymore.
SOLUTION
- Seek spiritual help: Speak to your pastor/priest about your issues. Speak to your marriage in the church. Even doctors admit that they only treat but only God truly heals.
- Seek professional help: See a "shrink" as u call them. They have handled worse cases, they will help in no small measure.
-Pray for your spouse, pray n eat together daily. A family that prays together stays together n I don't mean living like co-tenants.
PREVENTION
- Do not expect your spouse to change after marriage, what u see is what u get. Watch your partner's relationship with family closely before taking things to the next level cos you will also be family.
- No reason to be "terminally mad" just excuses. You are not the only person from a broken home or that has been abused, Joyce Meyer was raped repeatedly by her dad but today is an evangelist. You can CHOOSE to live a better life irrespective of your past, Others have done it you too CAN - YES YOU CAN.
- Avoid pretty marital sex, that way you do not have to worry about having children out of wedlock.
- Do not abuse your partner physically, mentally, emotionally.
- Marry a devoted Christian n pray without ceasing.
- Marry for where you are going not for where you are. I always tell would couples discover your purpose in life first n be in pursuit before contemplating marriage. Vision is key to association n as such only people headed in the same direction should travel together.
Pls ignore any typos... Speed typing
My Telegram - https:///andiebest
Re: Has My Wife Been Taking Me For Granted? by lisbonabdulahi: 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
[quote author=Guyman02 post=57949957]

Let me share a bit with you, you get into these kind of relationships at a point when you are buoyant as a young man, you practically do everything for this pretty lady you met and fell in love with without even caring that she is not adequately returning the favours.
You are blinded by infatuation and everything seems all rosy.
She is ready to do your bidding initially and shows signs of her bad attitude which you neglect because you think that you are in love and love means tolerance (biko no tolerance in courtship) say it as it is, leave tolerance for married couples.

The moment you sign the marriage documents, you realise that you have not stamped your feet down in the relationship with her and did not study every bit and pieces of her innermost character, you then start making efforts to become the man you should have been during courtship, she resists every move knowing fully well that it is now difficult for you to quit or end the relationship because you are now married.

If anything happens to your income or added responsibilities is taking a large chunk from your fixed income, thats when you realise that you have a wife who is inconsiderate and cares only about herself and how to accumulate resources for herself alone, you realise that you live with woman who will password her phones so that you dont stumble into her bank alert statement, she spends her money and invests it however she want without declaring much to you and tell you that the kids are yours and if you like dont pay their school schools and house rent and even use propaganda by asking you in your childrens front what kind of father and husband are you who cannot pay his childrens fees.

Meanwhile she will push you into putting the kids into expensive schools with a promise to help with the fees but will renege on her promise after 2 terms of cooperation.

As a father you cant stand and watch your kids suffer, nor withdraw them and put them into a more affordable but discrepit school which will look like retrogression and can even affect your psyche as a man.
This kind of women are narcissistic and know how to hook the nice and gentle guys, perhaps you ladies should know more about how they achieve that.
In retrospect, the man will also realize that he abandoned a good girl somewhere along who cared so much about him but didnt know how to pretend about her feelings and you feel like turning back the hands of time. cry cry
[/q Every line you typed out ther is correct, hope you do not know me from somewheere

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Throws A Divorce Party, Celebrates With Friends / Lady Reunites With Her Twin Brother After They Were Separated At A Young Age / Woman Who Got Pregnant While On Birth Control Gives Birth To Baby Holding IUD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.