Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Are They Taking Me For Granted? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are They Taking Me For Granted? (1155 Views)

Divorce: Family Denies Court Granted Custody Of Children To Prophet / Im Very Very Angry. How People Just Take You For Granted / What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are They Taking Me For Granted? by Monogamy: 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2018
I always try to reflect on my action and inaction before I reach a conclusion. I realised that most people/friends only remember you when they are in need of help and the moment they got what they wanted, you are nobody to them.

I guess I am weak in that aspect cos the moment they seek for an help, I do not hesitate to help them cos most of the things they asked for cost me nothing/less even though I spend money to get those stuffs but I don't use them . Yet they make good money out of it ( not my problem though). They stop talking to you until when they are broke, come back and started telling stories in order to help them again.

Are they taking me for granted?
Re: Are They Taking Me For Granted? by taylor88(m): 7:27pm On Feb 05, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Are They Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 05, 2018
Monogamy:
I always try to reflect on my action and inaction before I reach a conclusion. I realised that most people/friends only remember you when they are in need of help and the moment they got what they wanted, you are nobody to them.

I guess I am weak in that aspect cos the moment they seek for an help, I do not hesitate to help them cos most of the things they asked for cost me nothing/less even though I spend money to get those stuffs but I don't use them . Yet they make good money out of it ( not my problem though). They stop talking to you until when they are broke, come back and started telling stories in order to help them again.

Are they taking me for granted?

You're welcome. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Are They Taking Me For Granted? by grafixdon: 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2018
Learn how to give without expecting any favour in return. At least they remember you when they are in need, that shows how important you're. If you stop, you'll be very poor. That's ur Cross, carry it without any complain.
Re: Are They Taking Me For Granted? by dingbang(m): 7:54pm On Feb 05, 2018
Learn to say no
Re: Are They Taking Me For Granted? by Monogamy: 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2018
grafixdon:
Learn how to give without expecting any favour in return. At least they remember you when they are in need, that shows how important you're. If you stop, you'll be very poor. That's ur Cross, carry it without any complain.

I always try to help others without expecting any favour in return but it seems they think it is their birth right for me to help them. Someone has been trying to chat me up for the past 1 week probably because he needs something from me, I decided to take my time before I gave him the stuffs. I finally gave him over the weekend.. I sent him a message this morning to know if what I gave him is working, he hasn't responded to my message since morning.. This is a guy that whenever i sent him a message when i never delivered, he responded back minutes after.

My complain is not really about this particular guy but majority of them ( That can never stop me from helping others).

It doesn't make sense seriously.
Re: Are They Taking Me For Granted? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 05, 2018
Learn to say NO pls ... no to ingrates!
Re: Are They Taking Me For Granted? by yanabasee(m): 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2018
The Bible says, Blesseth is he that giveth then he that receiveth...

You should keep giving, long as you don't get bothered....
Re: Are They Taking Me For Granted? by Acidosis(m): 9:55pm On Feb 05, 2018
If you don't learn to say words like "No" and " fck off", people will learn to use and dump you. You'll never know how much they despise you until you go broke.

There are millions of gratefully minded folks out there in need. So why waste your resources on ingrates?

In fact, it is a sin to give to f00lish people, scammers and ingrates while there are millions of genuine and lovable people out there.

If you can't find a genuine and grateful person to give, then give yourself your money/resources.
Re: Are They Taking Me For Granted? by Acidosis(m): 9:58pm On Feb 05, 2018
yanabasee:
The Bible says, Blesseth is he that giveth then he that receiveth...

You should keep giving, long as you don't get bothered....

Follow this advice at your own peril.

As rich as Bill Gates is, he's not giving to f00lish people. Rather, he identified very urgent and genuine cases like polio victims, Malaria research, etc.

Can you imagine Bill Gates giving to scumheads like Nigerian Governors?
Re: Are They Taking Me For Granted? by Acidosis(m): 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2018
Better don't let anyone blackmail you with "giving without expecting anything in return" trash..

This is the rule; if you give anyone anything, and they find it hard to say a genuine "Thank You", cut them off!

It is better to burn your money with petrol and matches than give to ingrates.

3 Likes

Re: Are They Taking Me For Granted? by egopersonified(f): 6:50pm On Feb 06, 2018
maybe the guy sub done finish, so e no fit reply.
stop casting your seeds among swine.
Re: Are They Taking Me For Granted? by LordKO(m): 7:18pm On Feb 06, 2018
Foremost, remember that the hand of a giver is always on top. So, don't stop giving altruistically - remain beneficent. More so, you need to understand that the world is made up of about 99 percent of selfish people and only 1 percent of selfless people. And, of course, selfish people and opportunism are inseparable, just as selfless people and altruism are inseparable too.

To your question, the opportunistic ones are your slaves, while you're simply being beneficial to the altruistic ones. The former ones aren't your friend at all, so the earlier you stopped seeing them in that light the better for your sanity. The very moment you begin to take them for what they are towards you (frenemies), you'll have no reason to see them as your responsibility any more and when this happens you won't have reason to accede to their demands - such people are fond of making demand rather that request - unconditionally and also you won't have reason to ask if/feel they're taking advantage of you.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Can This Issue Be Resolved? / Difference Between Our Mothers As Wives And Today's Wives / Women Do U Know What Ur Man Truly Want?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.