Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Nairalanders: Pls. I Need Ur Advice Now & Not Later: Thank U - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nairalanders: Pls. I Need Ur Advice Now & Not Later: Thank U (799 Views)

Nairalanders Pls Help, -sango To Lekki Directions Needed Urgently! / Nairalanders Pls I Need Some Info Asap / Nairalanders Pls Info Needed Asap! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders: Pls. I Need Ur Advice Now & Not Later: Thank U by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 28, 2010
Dear my ppl on nairaland, pls. i want to know if $2600 balance & $900 investment portfolio on my niece statement of account is enof to invite (sponsor) my old mother of 75yrs old who is her grandma to US on 4 weeks visit. She is a registered nurse & a US citizen by naturalization. I av all other documents with me right now in preparation 4 d visa interview in march. I need ur advice pls.
Re: Nairalanders: Pls. I Need Ur Advice Now & Not Later: Thank U by Vicjustice: 1:05pm On Jan 28, 2010
yem-yem:

Dear my ppl on nairaland, pls. i want to know if $2600 balance & $900 investment portfolio on my niece statement of account is enof to invite (sponsor) my old mother of 75yrs old who is her grandma to US on 4 weeks visit. She is a registered nurse & a US citizen by naturalization. I av all other documents with me right now in preparation 4 d visa interview in march. I need your advice pls.

If $2.600 and another $900 is all your host has to show as her financial circumstance, then, i'm afraid it's just too little for the calibre of a registered nurse in the States.
   There's a lot of money in the nursing industry, this makes me wonder whether these figures are true regarding her financial state.
   Nurses with their lucrative and reputable jobs are capable of inviting anyone into any country, but with this questionable financial situation of your niece, i advice that you give up the visa application for now until the financial situation improves because, you will not be issued a visa with such bank accounts.
Re: Nairalanders: Pls. I Need Ur Advice Now & Not Later: Thank U by DisGuy: 1:35pm On Jan 28, 2010
Vicjustice:

If $2.600 and another $900 is all your host has to show as her financial circumstance, then, i'm afraid it's just too little for the calibre of a registered nurse in the States.
   There's a lot of money in the nursing industry, this makes me wonder whether these figures are true regarding her financial state.
   Nurses with their lucrative and reputable jobs are capable of inviting anyone into any country, but with this questionable financial situation of your niece, i advice that you give up the visa application for now until the financial situation improves because, you will not be issued a visa with such bank accounts.

I think it unfairdistasteful to judge someone's financial situation without actually knowing her background or her current situation, have you asked if she fully paid up on her mortgage car children's school fees and people back home? or perhaps she's got regular payment going out for projects back home ? you don't know when she even start working as a nurse; you don't know if she just changed career

think your post should be deleted to be honest!
Re: Nairalanders: Pls. I Need Ur Advice Now & Not Later: Thank U by igbogolo: 2:53pm On Jan 28, 2010
Dis Guy:

I think it unfairdistasteful to judge someone's financial situation without actually knowing her background or her current situation, have you asked if she fully paid up on her mortgage car children's school fees and people back home? or perhaps she's got regular payment going out for projects back home ? you don't know when she even start working as a nurse; you don't know if she just changed career

think your post should be deleted to be honest!

Thats valid point but is her current financial status of any benefit for his application? even if the nurse has just bought a flat in new york. the question is can she proove that she can support the application? an investment of $900 is also a pointer to her financial status. so what if she uses all her millions on recurrent expenditure and mortgage, so what proof does she have to say that she can suatain the trip?

I think that he should wait till her financial situation improves
Re: Nairalanders: Pls. I Need Ur Advice Now & Not Later: Thank U by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 28, 2010
that's not a lot of money (to support someone with), but she can include copies of her paystubs as well, just to buttress her application.
Re: Nairalanders: Pls. I Need Ur Advice Now & Not Later: Thank U by Vicjustice: 4:28pm On Jan 28, 2010
Dis Guy:

[size=20pt]think your post should be deleted to be honest![/size]
You think my post should be deleted? Is that a dictatorship exercise of authority?
Those who know about visa application know that what i've written is the true representation of the situation of things with visa applications; so, you may delete it if you wish, it's in your power.
Re: Nairalanders: Pls. I Need Ur Advice Now & Not Later: Thank U by DisGuy: 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2010
igbogolo:

Thats valid point but is her current financial status of any benefit for his application? even if the nurse has just bought a flat in new york. the question is can she proove that she can support the application? an investment of $900 is also a pointer to her financial status. so what if she uses all her millions on recurrent expenditure and mortgage, so what proof does she have to say that she can suatain the trip?

I think that he should wait till her financial situation improves

I don't know about Yankee invitation but i know some people get sponsors back home and only require invitation from their family members as long as they can accommodate them
Re: Nairalanders: Pls. I Need Ur Advice Now & Not Later: Thank U by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 28, 2010
Vicjustice:

You think my post should be deleted? Is that a dictatorship exercise of authority?
Those who know about visa application know that what i've written is the true representation of the situation of things with visa applications; so, you may delete it if you wish, it's in your power.

your post probably holds true for most visa applicants under 40 or 50 old, but going by the mother's age in this instance, (75), ideally there shouldnt be too much of a problem though she'd still need medical services once she gets to the US.

However, her age wont prevent her being subjected to extra scrutiny at the airports, should the security agents decide to do so, since she's still Nigerian.
Re: Nairalanders: Pls. I Need Ur Advice Now & Not Later: Thank U by DisGuy: 4:35pm On Jan 28, 2010
if it's dictatorship I would delete it without giving you a reason

I know people that have been successful in inviting others without fat account,

you were basically questioning her account without background information solely based on
the fact she is a nurse

(1) (Reply)

Visit To The Holly Land / Stranded Air Travellers Cause Stir At Airport. / Dubai Travellers, Is This Amount Enough For Her Shopping?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.