Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,832 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Visit To The Holly Land - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visit To The Holly Land (799 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visit To The Holly Land by ramtee(f): 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2010
Has anyone visited the Holly Land – Israel, Jerusalem etc please share your views I would love to spend Easter at the Holly Sepulcher – I hear usually on the Saturday night preceding the resurrection there is a vigil with a candle procession by people from all over the world .
ramtee
Re: Visit To The Holly Land by landis(m): 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
ramtee:

Has anyone visited the Holly Land – Israel, Jerusalem etc please share your views I would love to spend Easter at the Holly Sepulcher – I hear usually on the Saturday night preceding the resurrection there is a vigil with a candle procession by people from all over the world .
ramtee

It makes me sad to read above and same time it is vexious!

For how long will AFRICANS remain a dummy!

There is nothing like HOLLYLAND!

They use this to enslave you and get your hard earned MONEY.

GOD is where two or more people are gathered and doing good thing.

HOLLYLAND is in your heart.

Isreal Hollyland?, nonsense.
Re: Visit To The Holly Land by Vicjustice: 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2010
landis:

It makes me sad to read above and same time it is vexious!

For how long will AFRICANS remain a dummy!

There is nothing like HOLLYLAND!

They use this to enslave you and get your hard earned MONEY.

GOD is where two or more people are gathered and doing good thing.

HOLLYLAND is in your heart.

Isreal Hollyland?, nonsense.
I honestly agree with you, Israel does not represent a holy land, and (in the Bible,) there's no such recommendation to visit the country, besides, it might interest the poster to know that the vast majority of Israelis do not believe in Jesus neither do they even recognise him as the Messiah. But this said, i do love Israel, the people and their ways.
Re: Visit To The Holly Land by ramtee(f): 10:27am On Mar 28, 2010
people are always entitled to their opinion and sometimes views expressed remain the views of the writer and does not represent the thoughts and feelings of the world.It is true that many Israelis do not believe yet there are those who believe It is also true that the prophet was not accepted in HIS country yet the religion has thrived,at a season like Easter or Christmas pilgrims travel from all over the world to worship and this continues whether people like it or not. proudly Nigerian but open to express likes in other countries - i simply love Israel and it is a wonderful experiecnce to travel for what ever reason a learning experience, pilgrimage, holiday name it
Re: Visit To The Holly Land by ramtee(f): 2:42am On Mar 29, 2010
"Hundreds of Christians from around the world marched from the Mount of Olives into Jerusalem to mark Palm Sunday, retracing the steps of Jesus 2,000 years ago. 28th March 2010

The pilgrims waved national and church flags and followed a white donkey, which according to Christian tradition was the way Jesus entered the holy city." - source NPR
see pictures below

On the land wikipedia says "The Holy Land (Hebrew: ארץ הקודש Eretz HaKodesh);  The Holy Land has significant religious importance for Judaism, Christianity, Islam and the Bahá'í Faith. Part of its sanctity stems from the religious significance of Jerusalem, the holiest city to Judaism, the third-holiest to Islam, and part of the proposed Christian Pentarchy. The perceived holiness of the land was the ideological driving force behind the Crusades. The Holy Land has been a destination for religious pilgrimages since biblical times" still in doubt or want more information , read more at http://wwwmotherinIsrael..com

(1) (Reply)

Great Travelling Information / Visa Help / Pay Us In Naira, We Will Send It In Foreign Currencies To Ur Loved Ones Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.