Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,421 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba (4760 Views)

What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba / Sam Mbakwe's 40-Year-Old Wine Given To Nnamdi Kanu As Gift (Photo) / "Igbo In The North Must Dissociate From Kanu, Biafra" - Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 12:41am On Jun 30, 2017
nku5:

If the north wanted to compensate yorubas they would have allowed Falae to win an election that was his for the taking. The north tricked yorubas into believing they had been compensated and put their boy Obasanjo. He did nothing for his people, allowed sharia law, frustrated attempts to restructure Nigeria as clamoured for by Afenifere and handed power back to Fulani in 2007.

Thats deception not compensation

Jealousy jealousy

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 12:43am On Jun 30, 2017
nku5:

Even if Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani are the last tribes in Nigeria, you will not be able to leave. Yorubas cheered on while Tinubu decimated the structures that would have been able to push through secession. Afenifere and OPC were branded PDP and weakened terribly in 2015. Gani Adams himself lamented not long ago that OPC was no longer able to defend yorubaland against herdsmen.

Moreover the north had a pact with Awo that they would have a "corridor to the sea" in exchange for peace just before the civil war.

Loooool
Nku5 needs help
Sorry but we are not bondaged into Nigeria like Biafra

Is this how 2015 defeat pains you so much ,
I thought igbos claimed cause yoruba wanted access to presidency now it's access to the sea hehehe
Did they sign the same pact niger delta too cause I understand Niger delta was against Biafra

I have never seen a humiliated and defeated tribe like Igbo that insults others forgetting it has a terrible history

Or you think if ifs Igbo presidency we will vote for igbo people's choice grin

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 12:44am On Jun 30, 2017
Chukazu:

Yea.. I know, but that is just a portion of the state, you are not going to have an entire state

That Yoruba portion is what I'm referring too
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 1:37am On Jun 30, 2017
Meel:
There are so many ethnic group in kwara state.

if Nigeria should divide, Yoruba cities in kwara will never and ever go with Hausa. Am not sure of other Hausalike minority tribe.
But talk of offa, oro, omu aran. They are typical Yoruba no form of fulanism.

if not for the death of Gov lawal, the legitimacy of the emirate is already being debated.

All Yoruba towns starting from Jebba must go with Yoruba
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by victorDanladi: 5:38am On Jun 30, 2017
nku5:

If the north wanted to compensate yorubas they would have allowed Falae to win an election that was his for the taking. The north tricked yorubas into believing they had been compensated and put their boy Obasanjo. He did nothing for his people, allowed sharia law, frustrated attempts to restructure Nigeria as clamoured for by Afenifere and handed power back to Fulani in 2007.

Thats deception not compensation

lol

The fact still remain two prominent yorubas were promoted for the job to compesate for Abiola presidency.Go and read your history again.The north could have taken someone else to tackle Falae,why OBJ,another yoruba man?.

While Zik,GEJ,yaradua and buhari did everything for their people right?...Mr Man,you are using a faulty premises to justify your ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by victorDanladi: 5:42am On Jun 30, 2017
nku5:

Obasanjo was NOT a Yoruba president. He was a decoy that the north used to trick them and deny Falae who was the real choice of Yoruba and progressive Nigerians

lolz,It is the same people like you will say GEJ is a south south president.

Going by your logic,GEJ is not an igbo president but Obasanjo's because he was actually planted their by OBJ.

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by nku5: 7:23am On Jun 30, 2017
victorDanladi:

lolz,It is the same people like you ill say GEJ is a south south president.

Going by your logic,GEJ is not an igbo president but Obasanjo's because he was actually planted their by OBJ.

GEJ was not a south-south president?? grin grin grin

Ok I agree...

Obasanjo frustrated Awo's presidential ambition in favour of Shagari, Obasanjo's Land Use Act emasculated yoruba kings of their own land, Obasanjo helped kill Abiola's mandate, Obasanjo frustrated Yoruba dreams of resource control (land, sea ports etc) when he took power in 1999, Obasanjo was planted by the north and rigged into power by IBB and co to preserve their agenda by keeping Olu Falae out of Aso Rock against the aspirations of Afenifere who were leaders of yoruba thought at the time.

You were sold a poisonous dummy and you are still boasting about it after all the harm done. The north really did its homework sha... Its impossible to help a person living in fool's paradise. Enjoy grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by victorDanladi: 8:36am On Jun 30, 2017
nku5:

Ok I agree...

Obasanjo frustrated Awo's presidential ambition in favour of Shagari, Obasanjo's Land Use Act emasculated yoruba kings of their own land, Obasanjo helped kill Abiola's mandate, Obasanjo frustrated Yoruba dreams of resource control (land, sea ports etc) when he took power in 1999, Obasanjo was planted by the north and rigged into power by IBB and co to preserve their agenda by keeping Olu Falae out of Aso Rock against the aspirations of Afenifere who were leaders of yoruba thought at the time.

You were sold a poisonous dummy and you are still boasting about it after all the harm done. The north really did its homework sha... Its impossible to help a person living in fool's paradise. Enjoy grin grin
grin
nku5:

Ok I agree...

Now I realized how unintelligent you are.

You are only shifting goal post.
When we say A president is a tribe president in nigeria context,we are talking of where he comes from not what he did for them.If your unintelligent logic is to go by.No tribe has ever produced president in nigeria.
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by dabeto: 11:49am On Jun 30, 2017
I love this discourse.....very small initial opening that expands the thought of the nation right now. I just read the article by Chief Tola Adeniyi and I can see how much work Nnamdi Kalu has done on the conscience of the nation complimented by FFK. I have preached restructuring for too long but TODAY......I repeat...TODAY, I feel the center can no longer hold. embarassed

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by nototribalist: 11:53am On Jun 30, 2017
Markfemi2:

I agree with you
Also why is tinubu so quiet in moments like this ??
please leave Tinubu out of this, how can he make comments when the Northerners have sideline him from the same government he campaign for.
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Chukazu: 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
Markfemi2:

That Yoruba portion is what I'm referring too

The thing is I don't think we ever come to a time when for example... the Yoruba Speaking part of Kogi would become a part of an enlarged Oduwa state as you seem to propose

If that is done we lose the beauty of our diversity especially in "A multi-ethnic rainbow" states like Kogi, DELTA, and RIVERS STATE

The best that can happen is alliances

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Area Council Election Holds In Abuja / Celebration Everywhere As Unknown Gunmen Kills Police Today - PHOTOS / 2023 Election: Peter Obi Reacts To Tinubu ‘disowning’ Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.