Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,189 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba (4756 Views)

What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba / Sam Mbakwe's 40-Year-Old Wine Given To Nnamdi Kanu As Gift (Photo) / "Igbo In The North Must Dissociate From Kanu, Biafra" - Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by gartamanta: 5:12pm On Jun 29, 2017
Markfemi2:
In as much as I don't like his insults
Kanu has only proved an idea that only force can make you get what you want in Nigeria
Today everyone's discussing restructuring
But when Yoruba have been peacefully campaigning for it it wasn't discussed
Same thing with Niger delta they used force to collect 13%

Kanu used to be a member of MASSOB but he saw what Nigeria did to Uwazuruike and his 'gentleman'. Several times, Uwazuruike was arrested tortured, his members gunned down, his house invaded. Upon all that, Uwazuruike could not take Biafra anywhere. So Kanu.knew that 'gentleman and diplomacy' would not work so he took a far more radical approach.

'Violent approach' is the only language Nigerians understand. Thats why Kanu finished everyone including Buhari and people started taking him serious

5 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by reality1010: 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2017
Markfemi2:
Kanu has only proved an idea that only force can make you get what you want in Nigeria
The restructure u asked for was OBJ presidency.You came back again and got Osinbajo VP.You were greedy&never mearnt well to other Nigerians.You can see dat Yorubas r not progressive but tribal.D Igboman is progressive by nature and it pays him bc they r everywhere unlike d Yorubas.

4 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
...of course that's a good thing. They are republicans and that's one advantage of democracy. Igbos don't do 'imposition '.At the end of the day, superior arguments and the silent majority will win the day.

But learn to take your own future and don't depend on others. It's absurd!!!!

I just pointed out what you used on your tribe and you call it republican nature lool are your kiths not bowing to kanu

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2017
Chukazu:

KWARA YES!

KOGI HOW?

Kogi west -Dino Melaye

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2017
reality1010:

The restructure u asked for was OBJ presidency.You came back again and got Osinbajo VP.You were greedy&never mearnt well to other Nigerians.You can see dat Yorubas r not progressive but tribal.D Igboman is progressive by nature and it pays him bc they r everywhere unlike d Yorubas.

Yoruba isn't interested in holding on to power
That's a northern mentality
The rule is clear if president dies vp takes over
Other candidates are free to contest in 2019 and win or lose

Flip the situation if obj died won't atiku be sworn in ?
It's law of the land

2 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2017
gartamanta:

Kanu used to be a member of MASSOB but he saw what Nigeria did to Uwazuruike and his 'gentleman'. Several times, Uwazuruike was arrested tortured, his members gunned down, his house invaded. Upon all that, Uwazuruike could not take Biafra anywhere. So Kanu.knew that 'gentleman and diplomacy' would not work so he took a far more radical approach.

'Violent approach' is the only language Nigerians understand. Thats why Kanu finished everyone including Buhari and people started taking him serious

Agreed that's why Nigeria needs to be discussed which is happening

2 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Ngokafor(f): 5:36pm On Jun 29, 2017
Kathmandu:
Who knows the amount of ICE you took that your bigotry melted away?

Ngokafor bia ka mua amu

..lol!!.li wish i have that meme of a cute baby with a toothie laugh..no mind them biko,life go tire them last last...Those kinds of bigots burns out fast and runs out of steam in no time,no be today.

3 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2017
Ngokafor:

..lol!!.li wish i have that meme of a cute baby with a toothie laugh..no mind them biko,life go tire them last last...Thos kindmof bigots burns out fast qnd runs out of steam,no be today.

Matured minds only I will drop a bomb on Igbo nation in a bit
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Ngokafor(f): 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2017
Markfemi2:

.,Dear me!,i am shaking in my shoes and so scared undecided....what a clown!..mscheww!

6 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by kernel505: 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2017
Markfemi2:

What I mean is all Yoruba soldiers will be ordered to withdraw from fighting
I'm sure niger delta. Will do the same
Middle belt same thing
Nigeria isn't working
Yes we Yorubas like Nigeria but it's not structured the way we want
We want to control our ports
We want our taxes to go to us not 1%
We want Kwara and Kogi back
That's the truth
I won't lie

I am an Igbo man, I doubt if... Hausas will ever leave Kwara to the Yorubas, I'm not saying isn't possible, but it will take quite a good fight, legally or live combat.

3 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by unohbethel(m): 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2017
small small sum peopl(former afonjas) cum dey receive sense because of biafra....@op dats a nice post...tank god u don receive d sense of wat we are sayin aboutt nigeria

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
kernel505:

I am an Igbo man, I doubt if... Hausas will ever leave Kwara to the Yorubas, I'm not saying isn't possible, but it will take quite a good fight, legally or live combat.

Of course it's either through a diplomatic agreement or use of force
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2017
unohbethel:
small small sum peopl(former afonjas) cum dey receive sense because of biafra....@op dats a nice post...tank god u don receive d sense of wat we are sayin aboutt nigeria

Proudly afonja anyday anytime

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by kernel505: 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2017
Markfemi2:

No one is forcing igbos to stay
If they want to go they can go
Only thing is igbo does not want to bear the consequences of losing assets

Who told you? Example I know an Igbo Pastor in Lagos, who owns two property... He wants to leave, despite having property.

Secondly, Igbo land was raised to rumble during Biafra war, today... there's no traces of such, meaning we can do better.

5 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 29, 2017
Markfemi2:

atleast..you are now reasoning well

4 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by ChimaAdeoye: 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
Markfemi2:

Point of correction, Kanu has never used force and you know it. Stop pretending!

He is only exercising his right to protest peacefully which the zoo military still violate and kill innocent people.

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 5:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
kernel505:

Who told you? Example I know an Igbo Pastor in Lagos, who owns two property... He wants to leave, despite having property.

Secondly, Igbo land was raised to rumble during Biafra war, today... there's no traces of such, meaning we can do better.

I repeat no one is stopping Igbo from leaving

2 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
ChimaAdeoye:

Point of correction, Kanu has never used force and you know it. Stop pretending!

He is only exercising his right to protest peacefully which the zoo military still violate and kill innocent people.

The same insults on other tribes you mean is peaceful

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Newmanluckyman(m): 6:19pm On Jun 29, 2017
Markfemi2:

I just pointed out what you used on your tribe and you call it republican nature lool are your kiths not bowing to kanu
...bye since you have run out of points. But learn to stand on your own and don't put your FUTURE in another man's hand.

4 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
...bye since you have run out of points. But learn to stand on your own and don't put your FUTURE on another man's hand.

Coming from the same tribe where your leader quoted they can't stand on their own chaaai

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Meel: 6:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
kernel505:

There are so many ethnic group in kwara state.

if Nigeria should divide, Yoruba cities in kwara will never and ever go with Hausa. Am not sure of other Hausalike minority tribe.
But talk of offa, oro, omu aran. They are typical Yoruba no form of fulanism.

if not for the death of Gov lawal, the legitimacy of the emirate is already being debated.

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Chukazu: 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
Markfemi2:

Kogi west -Dino Melaye

Yea.. I know, but that is just a portion of the state, you are not going to have an entire state

2 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by mightyhazell: 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2017
Newmanluckyman:
...why must you wait for igbos to leave before you consider to exit too? Don't you know what you guys want or does your life depends on igbos? I can't understand. Don't bring shame to your tribe. Hence people talked about cowardice.
epic!

Afonjas tire me walai!

Their entire destiny/being revokves around the igbos! And yet dey spend dia lifetime,scheming against the igbos

3 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by stonemasonn: 7:53pm On Jun 29, 2017
mightyhazell:
epic!

Afonjas tire me walai!

Their entire destiny/being revokves around the igbos! And yet dey spend dia lifetime,scheming against the igbos
stop talking jargons just to make yourself feel macho, Yorubas don't give a ***k about you. Your jealousy of Yoruba people over the ownership of Lagos is the reason you create self satisfying delusions of grandeur on NL.

A Yoruba man bested ZIK and Ojukwu, another bested your lord and saviour GEJ, and Yorubas will always best and outmanoeuvre your political class anytime any day.

2 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by mightyhazell: 8:05pm On Jun 29, 2017
stonemasonn:
stop talking jargons just to make yourself feel macho, Yorubas don't give a ***k about you. Your jealousy of Yoruba people over the ownership of Lagos is the reason you create self satisfying delusions of grandeur on NL.

A Yoruba man bested ZIK and Ojukwu, another bested your lord and saviour GEJ, and Yorubas will always best and outmanoeuvre your political class anytime any day.
what's dis one bleating all over the place for?

Do I look like I hav time for all dis blubber?

3 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by stonemasonn: 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2017
mightyhazell:
what's dis one bleating all over the place for?

Do I look like I hav time for all dis blubber?
time ko timetable ne
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by nku5: 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2017
victorDanladi:

Yoruba used force to get 1999 presidency.

Obasanjo was NOT a Yoruba president. He was a decoy that the north used to trick them and deny Falae who was the real choice of Yoruba and progressive Nigerians

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by nku5: 8:28pm On Jun 29, 2017
Markfemi2:

I hope you know if Ibo pulls out of Nigeria niger delta will follow out and Yoruba will leave too

Even if Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani are the last tribes in Nigeria, you will not be able to leave. Yorubas cheered on while Tinubu decimated the structures that would have been able to push through secession. Afenifere and OPC were branded PDP and weakened terribly in 2015. Gani Adams himself lamented not long ago that OPC was no longer able to defend yorubaland against herdsmen.

Moreover the north had a pact with Awo that they would have a "corridor to the sea" in exchange for peace just before the civil war.

3 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by ScotsReferendum: 8:50pm On Jun 29, 2017
nku5:

Even if Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani are the last tribes in Nigeria, you will not be able to leave. Yorubas cheered on while Tinubu decimated the structures that would have been able to push through secession. Afenifere and OPC were branded PDP and weakened terribly in 2015. Gani Adams himself lamented not long ago that OPC was no longer able to defend yorubaland against herdsmen.

Moreover the north had a pact with Awo that they would have a "corridor to the sea" in exchange for peace just before the civil war.

Gbam

2 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by victorDanladi: 8:54pm On Jun 29, 2017
nku5:

Obasanjo was NOT a Yoruba president. He was a decoy that the north used to trick them and deny Falae who was the real choice of Yoruba and progressive Nigerians

whatever the case may be.The presidency was used to compesate the yorubas for Abiola struggle.That was why two yorubas were the major candidates.
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by nku5: 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
victorDanladi:

whatever the case may be.The presidency was used to compesate the yorubas for Abiola struggle.That was why two yorubas were the major candidates.

If the north wanted to compensate yorubas they would have allowed Falae to win an election that was his for the taking. The north tricked yorubas into believing they had been compensated and put their boy Obasanjo. He did nothing for his people, allowed sharia law, frustrated attempts to restructure Nigeria as clamoured for by Afenifere and handed power back to Fulani in 2007.

Thats deception not compensation

3 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 12:40am On Jun 30, 2017
nku5:

Is it the same way Azikwe was not a real Igbo man ?? Talk to me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Brigadier General Charles Nengite, The One Star General Assigned To Facilit / Breaking News: Adeboye Endorses Atiku For 2019 Election / 936 Students Abducted From Nigerian Schools In Six Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.