Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara (11444 Views)

Moses Siloko Siasia Declares Ambition To Run For Governorship In Bayelsa State / APC Taraba Female Governorship Candidate Loses Rerun Election To PDP Candidate / Nubu Ribadu: How Far With The Governorship In Adamawa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by ajilete(f): 11:57pm On Jan 28, 2010
Hausa fulani have taken over Kwara which used to be a Yoruba state. Afonja virtually gave it away. this is how they always encroach and eventually spread their backwardness.  It is sad that fundamentalists continue to confuse Islam with backwardness. Many have no respect for women.Hopefully the progressives in Kwara will prevail. I pray'' those'' dont spread their bloodthirsty poison southwards.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Mekusxyz: 11:59pm On Jan 28, 2010
ajilete:

Hausa fulani have taken over Kwara which used to be a Yoruba state. Afonja virtually gave it away. this is how they always encroach and eventually spread their backwardness. It is sad that fundamentalists continue to confuse Islam with backwardness. Many have no respect for women.Hopefully the progressives in Kwara will prevail. I pray'' those'' dont spread their bloodthirsty poison southwards.

True talk. In the true sense of the word ownership, Kwara of today is no longer a Yoruba state. If Nigeria were to divide, Kwara will not be in Yorubaland without the Yoruba first fighting a war and actually defeating the fulani, to claim Kwara. This is the sad truth.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by sjeezy8: 12:16am On Jan 29, 2010
oyb:

yo - retard guess what i'm in lagos cheesy cheesy and i'm yoruba- sorry to burst your bubble, but then again, you're a notorious tribalist

Yo retard guess what youre in Lagos NOT FROM LAGOS. You seem like a typical naija fool that looks at politicians and accepts their hypocrisy. A smart person would look at them and say "hmmm if Olu Sarakis daughter can be Senator, then my own daughter atleast has a chance in the future". Odes like you sit there with their big mouths open and be saying dynasty this n that. Whether theres a dynasty or not, a reasonble thnking kwaran lady will look at d saraki babe and may aspire to join politics.

Progressive women have start from somewhere. Would women be held in high regards in the european countries if the queens didnt inherit the dynasty? Would Hillary clinton reach senator if she hadnt been progressive during Bill clintons term as presido?

We know youre dumb, please stop proving us right. Dik face
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by mamagee3(f): 12:27am On Jan 29, 2010
Muslims are really weird, why are their prayers always twisted? undecided
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 29, 2010
sjeezy8:

Yo retard guess what youre in Lagos NOT FROM LAGOS. You seem like a typical naija fool that looks at politicians and accepts their hypocrisy. A smart person would look at them and say "hmmm if Olu Sarakis daughter can be Senator, then my own daughter atleast has a chance in the future". Odes like you sit there with their big mouths open and be saying dynasty this n that. Whether theres a dynasty or not, a reasonble thnking kwaran lady will look at d saraki babe and may aspire to join politics.

Progressive women have start from somewhere. Would women be held in high regards in the european countries if the queens didnt inherit the dynasty? Would Hillary clinton reach senator if she hadnt been progressive during Bill clintons term as presido?

We know youre dumb, please stop proving us right. Dik face
^^^
actually numbnuts  my mum is from lag, my dad is from ilorin - try again  tongue

A smart person would look at them and say "hmmm if Olu Sarakis daughter can be Senator, then my own daughter atleast has a chance in the future"

i no fit laugh . od-e.moro-n. reta-rd.

the children of the establishment are millionaires, big businessmen, some are governorship aspirants

do u think the rest of us look at them and say yay! otedola owns zenon, so i too can do so? does that make sense to you?

what has iyabo obasanjos being a senator done for women? what of he looting in conjunction with her father? is that what you wan for your daughter ? to grow up to become a thief?

the real message being set out is that politcs is  do or die affair because the winners call the shots

this is just ploiticinas playing sentiment with religion something christians are also quite good at - i should  know - back in my final yera, a muslim was in the lead for student union president race. on the eve of the election, his christian contende started a rumour tha the guy would bring sharia to the student union  cheesy. na so the muslim lose the race. i think the same thing happened to jarus. sadly, the guy who won's only strenghts were in deceit - he served a disgraceful term. thats what this is really about, some fella in the opposoition tryin to use any means to end sarakis  stranglehold on kwara(not going to happen) peopl have yabbed me in the past about how we swing with the mans finger - in 2003 - when he defected from anpp to pdp, the whole state went with him without looking back  sad sad cheesy cheesy

mama-gee:

Muslims are really weird, why are their prayers always twisted? undecided

aspiring poster of the year for 2010 tongue
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 29, 2010
ajilete:

Hausa fulani have taken over Kwara which used to be a Yoruba state. Afonja virtually gave it away. this is how they always encroach and eventually spread their backwardness. It is sad that fundamentalists continue to confuse Islam with backwardness. Many have no respect for women.Hopefully the progressives in Kwara will prevail. I pray'' those'' dont spread their bloodthirsty poison southwards.

Mekusxyz:

True talk. In the true sense of the word ownership, Kwara of today is no longer a Yoruba state. If Nigeria were to divide, Kwara will not be in Yorubaland without the Yoruba first fighting a war and actually defeating the fulani, to claim Kwara. This is the sad truth.

just to humor you two- I wonder how Afonja gave away Kwara state which was created in 1967.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by PurestBoy(m): 12:42am On Jan 29, 2010
Nawa for this muslim people oo
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by becomricch: 1:17am On Jan 29, 2010
you people are mugu. You let Odili decieve you. I have told you about chuck odili. He is a member of massob. He knews , we want to leave that is why he is looking for trouble in Kwara state. Rest your mind.

On the Issue of Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state is going to leave. Kwara state is covered.

You people heard of Alimi. you read about Alimi. you were told of Alimi.

The DNA grand child of Alimi himself was my classmate. not a even a fake alimi. a real alimi of history, was my classmate.  i told you , i can be president. If you want us to line up every member of the Alimi saying , that we would give the north majority and 70% of the Oil. We would do that.

Odlili and his nonsense can not stop us.

Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by oge4real(f): 1:30am On Jan 29, 2010
The shameless people want to hide under religion to make excuses for another senseless blood shed.Umu anumanu!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by 0hsisi: 1:41am On Jan 29, 2010
becomricch:

you people are mugu. You let Odili decieve you. I have told you about chuck odili. He is a member of massob. He knews , we want to leave that is why he is looking for trouble in Kwara state. Rest your mind.

On the Issue of Yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state is going to leave. Kwara state is covered.

The DNA grand child of Alimi himself was my classmate. not a even a fake alimi. a real alimi of history, was my classmate. i told you , i can be president. If you want us to line up every member of the Alimi saying , that we would give the north majority and 70% of the Oil. We would do that.

Why can't somebody kidnap this individual?
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by kayc33(m): 2:34am On Jan 29, 2010
becomricch:

The DNA grand child of Alimi himself was my classmate. not a even a fake alimi. a real alimi of history, was my classmate.  i told you , i can be president. If you want us to line up every member of the Alimi saying , that we would give the north majority and 70% of the Oil. We would do that.

dis guy well at all
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Abeem(m): 2:41am On Jan 29, 2010
It is asinine to petition God with prayers like this. But the problem is more complicated than the subordination of the rights of women to rule the State. I see the problem with the jesters who went public with this ridiculous prayer petition/request as motivated by the need to stop Dr. Saraki (father of the governor) at all cost from imposing his daughter on the people and they are merely using religion as a bait to win the support of the of people of Kwara since a large number of the population are devout Muslims.
Saraki is as greedy as they come. He has Kwara State firmly in his grips. He has been the dominant force in Kwara politics since the Second Republic when he was the Senate leader under the auspices of the National Party of Nigeria (NPN).  His words are law in Kwara and that probably has to do with the sloth and indolence of some of the people who depends on him for their economic survival.
Thus the subservience of the majority of the people is largely responsible for the feat he has been able to pull through by producing the past governors of the State - Late Mohammed Lawal who preceded Bukola, and after he (Lawal) fell out of favor with him, he nominated his son to be Governor (for two terms).  This is aside from countless others that got “elected” to office through association with the godfather of Kwara Politics, including his daughter Gbemi, first as a rep and currently, as a Sin-a-tor.  As if that is not enough, he is now positioning Gbemi to become governor since Bunmi, the governor is statute barred from contesting again.  Many will recall during the last Muslim Ramadan (in August/September last year) that he went to Mecca with a retinue of his followers reportedly to pray to God to enable him chose who will succeed the incumbent governor but the followers of Kwara politics including myself believe he has already made up his mind as to who the next governor is going to be.
From the foregoing, it is clear that his political rivals are being disingenuous by using Islam as a convenient scapegoat to prevent his anointed (daughter Gbemi) from becoming governor.  It is however not a clever way of saying enough is enough. They need to be courageous enough to stand up and face the godfather that this world is not created for him alone.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by akigbemaru: 2:43am On Jan 29, 2010
Mekusxyz:

Is Kwara a Yoruba state?
1. It is not in the SW
2. It is not governed by a Yoruba
3. Ilorin, its capital, is ruled by a Fulani
4. It is of mixed tribal population
Thus, can we truly, in Nigeria's politics, refer to Kwara as a Yoruba state?

Yes sir, Kwara is a Yoruba land.

Ethnic Composition, Languages, Culture and the Arts: Kwara State is currently dominated by three major ethnic groups, i.e, the Yoruba, Nupe and Baruba. The last group is found mainly in Kaiama and Baruten local government areas, while the Nupes dominate Edu and Patigi local government areas. The Yorubas, who are in the majority, are found in the remaining twelve local government areas, i.e. at Asa, Ekiti, OkeEro, lfelodun, llorin East, llorin West, llorin South, Irepodun, Isin, Moro Offa and Oyun.

However, some Fulanis and Hausas are spread across Edu, Patigi, Kaiama, Baruten, llorin East, llorin West, llorin South, Moro and Asa local government areas. Some notable cultural attractions in the state are the Patigi regatta in Patigi, the Shao mass wedding festival in Moro, the Egungun and Layewu festivals in Irepodun, Isin and lfelodun areas.
Egungun and acrobatic displays are peculiar to parts of Asa, while Epa festival is a common cultural feature in OkeEro and Ekiti. Deity worship festivals, such as Ogun and Shango festivals, are also fairly common within the Yoruba speaking areas of the state.

People from Kwara State

Notable People from Kwara State include:
•Dr. Olushola Saraki- Olooooye- A popular politician
•Sulu Gambari, Emir of Ilorin
•Immam Muhammad Bashir(Immam Fulani) Chief Immam of Ilorin
•Ustadh Mahammud (Alfa Eko-Ende)- A famous Schorlar)-Amule Olomo Oba,Ode Ologede,Ilorin
•Prof. Shuaib Oba AbdulRaheem, Executive Chairman - Federal Character Commission, The Presidency - Abuja.
•Dr. Stella Oyedepo (Yeye Meso of Omu-Aran land) - Prolific playwright and Executive Director, Kwara State Council for Arts & Culture
•Hussein Lawal, MD/CE of City Group: City Computers and Telecommunications, City Solar Electricity Ltd,from Erin-ile
•Engr. Sunday Kayode Solomon Olubadewo,Owner of former GAS Airline, from Oro-Ago
•Engr.Tunji Kadiri, MD/CEO STK Construction NIgeria Ltd., Oro-Ago
•Sir Stephen Lanre Alashi,Oro-Ago
•Bar. Mahmud AbdulRaheem, GM, Kwara State Broadcasting Corporation
•Hon. Justice Daniel Ishola Adeniyi,Oloro of Oro-Ago
•His Royal Majesty Olomu of omu-Aran, Oba Charles Oladele Ibitoye
•Bishop David Oyedepo, Living Faith Church
•Bishop David Abioye, Living Faith Church, from Erin-Ile
•Adebisi Ajiboye, Banker and Credit Rating Expert
•Kola Adefila]], Estate Valuer
•Kunle Oyinloye, Executive Director - Unity Bank Plc
•Segun Abolarin, Telecom Consultant
•Chief (Gen) D. L. Bamigboye, rtd, Asiwaju of Igbomina Land and First Governor of Kwara State
•Col. Theophilus O. Bamigboye (Rtd)
•Admiral Abolarin (Rtd)
•Chief Bisi Adeyemi, Akeweje of Omu-Aran
•Prince Agbo Abegunde
•Chief S. Adeniyi
•Chief (Prof) Abogunrin, Eesa of Omu-Aran
•Gov. Muhammed Lawal (Now Late), Former Governor
•Mustapha Olawore Olanipekun, Olofa of Offa
•Adesoye Emmanueal, asiwaju of Offa
•Alhaji Sanni Akande Adeyemi, Eeso-Isale Compound Offa
•Abdul-Ganiyu Ibrahim MFR, Elerin of Erin-Ile
•Adeyeye Fagbemi, Onijagbo of Ijagbo
•J.S Aderigbe, Basorun of Erin-Ile
•Ibrahim GambariIbrahim GambariIbrahim Agboola Gambari, CFR is a Nigerian scholar and diplomat. He was Minister for External Affairs between 1984 and 1985 and is currently the Special Adviser on the International Compact with Iraq and Other Issues for the Secretary-General of the United Nations,
, diplomat
•Prince Abdulazeez Tajudeen Ayegushi of Oke ola oro Germany Based Businessman
•LagbajaLagbajaLagbaja is a Nigerian Afrobeat musician.-Name and mask:According to Lagbaja, his mask is used as an icon of man’s facelessness. Lagbaja is a Yoruba word that means somebody, nobody, anybody or everybody. It depicts the anonymity of the so-called “common man”,
, musician
•Yaqub, Olajide Taofik (Sanmora) IT Consultant - Lagos/US Based
•Kofoworola Wale R (Sanmora) [Creative Artist - Lagos State Society of Artist
•Tony TetuilaTony TetuilaAnthony Olanrewaju Awotoye better known as Tony Tetuila is an Afro hip hop artist from Nigeria. His name, Olanrewaju, means "My wealth is the future". Formerly a member of The Remedies , he split with the group and has been successful as a solo artist.-Discography:- External links :* *,
, musician
•Kollington Ayinla "aka Kebe Kwara", musician
•Pasuma Alabi, musician
•Prince Usman Tajudeen Ayegushi of Oke ola oro Businessman
•abimbola s. raheem,
•Asher Akins Toye, President SimonEdward Holdings
•Chief C. O. Adebayo, Politician
•Tajudeen Audu, Tajuaudu & Co
•Samuel Adedoyin, Doyin Group & Co.
•Victor Adefila, President NGL, Founder Center for Nigerian Project(CNP)
•Prince Simeon Aderemi Toye, Global 2000 Representative
•Olupo of Ajase Ipo
•Tunde AdebimpeTunde AdebimpeTunde Adebimpe is an American musician, actor, and director best known as the lead singer of the Brooklyn-based band TV on the Radio. His vocal method often involves improvisation, the use of effects and repeating sampled loops,
, musician
•Tajudeen Raheem, "aka maiye" International Businessman
•Alhaji Chief Aliu Abiodun Yusuff London based Businessman (Erin-Ile)
•Alhaji Engr Ibrahim Aleshinloye, Former General Manager Kwara Express
•Rev. George Adegboye, Rhema Chapel
•Rev. Biodun Fatoyinbo, The Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA)
•Chief Dr Funsho Ladipo, RJOLAD HOSPITAL
•Abdulateef Femi Usman, Phd, Dept. of History, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.

Dr S. A. Kuranga Chief Medical Director
Mrs R.A Kuranga former commissioner of health
The source of this article is wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.  The text of this article is licensed under the GFDL.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by aloyemeka2: 3:01am On Jan 29, 2010
akigbemaru:

Yes sir, Kwara is a Yoruba land.

Ethnic Composition, Languages, Culture and the Arts: Kwara State is currently dominated by three major ethnic groups, i.e, the Yoruba, Nupe and Baruba. The last group is found mainly in Kaiama and Baruten local government areas, while the Nupes dominate Edu and Patigi local government areas. The Yorubas, who are in the majority, are found in the remaining twelve local government areas, i.e. at Asa, Ekiti, OkeEro, lfelodun, llorin East, llorin West, llorin South, Irepodun, Isin, Moro Offa and Oyun.

However, some Fulanis and Hausas are spread across Edu, Patigi, Kaiama, Baruten, llorin East, llorin West, llorin South, Moro and Asa local government areas. Some notable cultural attractions in the state are the Patigi regatta in Patigi, the Shao mass wedding festival in Moro, the Egungun and Layewu festivals in Irepodun, Isin and lfelodun areas.
Egungun and acrobatic displays are peculiar to parts of Asa, while Epa festival is a common cultural feature in OkeEro and Ekiti. Deity worship festivals, such as Ogun and Shango festivals, are also fairly common within the Yoruba speaking areas of the state.

People from Kwara State

Notable People from Kwara State include:
•Dr. Olushola Saraki- Olooooye- A popular politician
•Sulu Gambari, Emir of Ilorin
•Immam Muhammad Bashir(Immam Fulani) Chief Immam of Ilorin
•Ustadh Mahammud (Alfa Eko-Ende)- A famous Schorlar)-Amule Olomo Oba,Ode Ologede,Ilorin
•Prof. Shuaib Oba AbdulRaheem, Executive Chairman - Federal Character Commission, The Presidency - Abuja.
•Dr. Stella Oyedepo (Yeye Meso of Omu-Aran land) - Prolific playwright and Executive Director, Kwara State Council for Arts & Culture
•Hussein Lawal, MD/CE of City Group: City Computers and Telecommunications, City Solar Electricity Ltd,from Erin-ile
•Engr. Sunday Kayode Solomon Olubadewo,Owner of former GAS Airline, from Oro-Ago
•Engr.Tunji Kadiri, MD/CEO STK Construction NIgeria Ltd., Oro-Ago
•Sir Stephen Lanre Alashi,Oro-Ago
•Bar. Mahmud AbdulRaheem, GM, Kwara State Broadcasting Corporation
•Hon. Justice Daniel Ishola Adeniyi,Oloro of Oro-Ago
•His Royal Majesty Olomu of omu-Aran, Oba Charles Oladele Ibitoye
•Bishop David Oyedepo, Living Faith Church
•Bishop David Abioye, Living Faith Church, from Erin-Ile
•Adebisi Ajiboye, Banker and Credit Rating Expert
•Kola Adefila]], Estate Valuer
•Kunle Oyinloye, Executive Director - Unity Bank Plc
•Segun Abolarin, Telecom Consultant
•Chief (Gen) D. L. Bamigboye, rtd, Asiwaju of Igbomina Land and First Governor of Kwara State
•Col. Theophilus O. Bamigboye (Rtd)
•Admiral Abolarin (Rtd)
•Chief Bisi Adeyemi, Akeweje of Omu-Aran
•Prince Agbo Abegunde
•Chief S. Adeniyi
•Chief (Prof) Abogunrin, Eesa of Omu-Aran
•Gov. Muhammed Lawal (Now Late), Former Governor
•Mustapha Olawore Olanipekun, Olofa of Offa
•Adesoye Emmanueal, asiwaju of Offa
•Alhaji Sanni Akande Adeyemi, Eeso-Isale Compound Offa
•Abdul-Ganiyu Ibrahim MFR, Elerin of Erin-Ile
•Adeyeye Fagbemi, Onijagbo of Ijagbo
•J.S Aderigbe, Basorun of Erin-Ile
•Ibrahim GambariIbrahim GambariIbrahim Agboola Gambari, CFR is a Nigerian scholar and diplomat. He was Minister for External Affairs between 1984 and 1985 and is currently the Special Adviser on the International Compact with Iraq and Other Issues for the Secretary-General of the United Nations,
, diplomat
•Prince Abdulazeez Tajudeen Ayegushi of Oke ola oro Germany Based Businessman
•LagbajaLagbajaLagbaja is a Nigerian Afrobeat musician.-Name and mask:According to Lagbaja, his mask is used as an icon of man’s facelessness. Lagbaja is a Yoruba word that means somebody, nobody, anybody or everybody. It depicts the anonymity of the so-called “common man”,
, musician
•Yaqub, Olajide Taofik (Sanmora) IT Consultant - Lagos/US Based
•Kofoworola Wale R (Sanmora) [Creative Artist - Lagos State Society of Artist
•Tony TetuilaTony TetuilaAnthony Olanrewaju Awotoye better known as Tony Tetuila is an Afro hip hop artist from Nigeria. His name, Olanrewaju, means "My wealth is the future". Formerly a member of The Remedies , he split with the group and has been successful as a solo artist.-Discography:- External links :* *,
, musician
•Kollington Ayinla "aka Kebe Kwara", musician
•Pasuma Alabi, musician
•Prince Usman Tajudeen Ayegushi of Oke ola oro Businessman
•abimbola s. raheem,
•Asher Akins Toye, President SimonEdward Holdings
•Chief C. O. Adebayo, Politician
•Tajudeen Audu, Tajuaudu & Co
•Samuel Adedoyin, Doyin Group & Co.
•Victor Adefila, President NGL, Founder Center for Nigerian Project(CNP)
•Prince Simeon Aderemi Toye, Global 2000 Representative
•Olupo of Ajase Ipo
•Tunde AdebimpeTunde AdebimpeTunde Adebimpe is an American musician, actor, and director best known as the lead singer of the Brooklyn-based band TV on the Radio. His vocal method often involves improvisation, the use of effects and repeating sampled loops,
, musician
•Tajudeen Raheem, "aka maiye" International Businessman
•Alhaji Chief Aliu Abiodun Yusuff London based Businessman (Erin-Ile)
•Alhaji Engr Ibrahim Aleshinloye, Former General Manager Kwara Express
•Rev. George Adegboye, Rhema Chapel
•Rev. Biodun Fatoyinbo, The Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA)
•Chief Dr Funsho Ladipo, RJOLAD HOSPITAL
•Abdulateef Femi Usman, Phd, Dept. of History, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.

Dr S. A. Kuranga Chief Medical Director
Mrs R.A Kuranga former commissioner of health
The source of this article is wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.  The text of this article is licensed under the GFDL.

I didn't see your name from the list above and I've checked thrice. Stop boasting with other people's achievement, let us see yours for they don't have two heads.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by akigbemaru: 3:05am On Jan 29, 2010
aloy-emeka:

I didn't aee your name there and I've checked thrice. Stop boasting with other people's achievement, let us see your for they don't have two heads.

Why your own name is not on the of Biafran Top Offcial List.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by aloyemeka2: 3:08am On Jan 29, 2010
akigbemaru:

Why your own name is not on the of Biafran Top Offcial List.

Where is the list and did you see me post notable Biafrans as a boasting mechanism?. Stop boasting with people's achievement. That will not solve your lifelong problems especially the poverty that is eating you up. You wonder why you are so bitter?. Igbos are nott the reason why you are jobless, you know. undecided
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by 0hsisi: 3:12am On Jan 29, 2010
aloy-emeka:

I didn't see your name from the list above and I've checked thrice. Stop boasting with other people's achievement, let us see yours for they don't have two heads.

Did you notice that most of the list is populated by non Muslims?
We are talking about Muslims and their usual suppression of women and that boko haram gives a list that doesn't help his argument
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by iJAY1: 3:15am On Jan 29, 2010
So 15th century mentality still has a root in our people? These are mere jackass, just dey bone them!!!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by akigbemaru: 3:23am On Jan 29, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Where is the list and did you see me post notable Biafrans as a boasting mechanism?. Stop boasting with people's achievement. That will not solve your lifelong problems especially the poverty that is eating you up. You wonder why you are so bitter?. Igbos are nott the reason why you are jobless, you know. undecided
If you don't have a job, I have one fo.ol. That's why you don't see me here everytime like you. Mecrazy, is it not your brother, he said Kwara does belong to Yoruba. So I need to prove him wrong. The stu.pid Igbo who keeps throwwing tantrums, tell him I may get his sti.nk a.ss though. I will not overlook his drivels. He said my list was dominated by non-muslims, ni.gga you blind?
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Diva20(f): 3:50am On Jan 29, 2010
Nigeria will eventually have female Governors and Presidents in spite of all the prayers smiley
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by 0hsisi: 4:35am On Jan 29, 2010
We have tried male leaders and all of them (besides Fashola of lagos and Chime of Enugu) have turned out to be useless yet these boko haramites don't want us to try women
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by deluxecad(m): 5:08am On Jan 29, 2010
This is d last proof dat these guys are a bunch of brain-sapped half-wits and defectives. What is wrong with a capable woman being the gov'nor? D next thing now, they'll take to d streets burning and maiming d innocent. God help muslims. Tufiakwa!
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by becomricch: 5:09am On Jan 29, 2010
akigbemaru , you must be joking. The fulani are not spread anywhere in kwara state. you must be joking. I fell down when i read what you wrote, you want to make me laugh.

There is no fulani spread anywhere. you have borgu people, they are not fulani. Most borgu people live in the republic of Benin.   in kwara state in Kaiama and Baruten local government areas.

YOU ARE A LIAR.

You must igbo or a funny person. Or let me join you. in this your game. Most fulani live in abia state, imo state, owerri etc. The igbos are minority in enugu state, while the fulani are 99% . You are sick.  

all the town around ilorin is yoruba name, sokoto, is yoruba, not fulani. yoruba has the word sokoto.

Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by aieromon(m): 5:40am On Jan 29, 2010
Dis the reason why the North will always be backward.
If you have problems with Saraki,say so and don't play the religion card to disqualify his daughter.
I don't blame them,i blame poverty and education of the elite.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Aniody: 5:57am On Jan 29, 2010
you see, this wll not stop i dnt know why these muslims derive joy in kilng pple. the next place wll be kwara. these bunch of idiot are not suposd 2 be in one country wth us. they cursed pple. wat is wrong with a women leading? God will nt answer such prayers.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 29, 2010
0hsisi:

We have tried male leaders and all of them (besides Fashola of lagos and Chime of Enugu) have turned out to be useless yet these boko haramites don't want us to try women

abegi stop trying to place the blame on nigeia being a chauvinist society on boko haramites

did the boko haramites stop our hairdresser speaker from taking office? did they set her up with her renovation scam? all together now - what a man can do. . .(and most of our govnors are thieves) behind every successful man(ibori and co) is a woman - sorry women have demonstrated that gender is no foil for corrption etal

put your money where our mouth is - how many women have been tireied in the rest of enlightened naija? i wonder what y'all wil have o give up before those godfathers will even consider you lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by aloyemeka2: 6:16am On Jan 29, 2010
becomricch:

akigbemaru , you must be joking. The fulani are not spread anywhere in kwara state. you must be joking. I fell down when i read what you wrote, you want to make me laugh.

There is no fulani spread anywhere. you have borgu people, they are not fulani. Most borgu people live in the republic of Benin.   in kwara state in Kaiama and Baruten local government areas.

YOU ARE A LIAR.

You must igbo or a funny person. Or let me join you. in this your game. Most fulani live in abia state, imo state, owerri etc. The igbos are minority in enugu state, while the fulani are 99% . You are sick.  

[size=16pt]
all the town around ilorin is yoruba name, sokoto, is yoruba, not fulani. yoruba has the word sokoto.
[/size]

LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin

Keep it coming. Akingbemaru does not know anything about boundary politics. Geography is alien to him. grin grin grin
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by ololo12: 7:08am On Jan 29, 2010
I keep on saying times without number, that they Muslims are the problem in these countries. Either split the country into two. Let them go their way, while we go ours. Then all the problem of exploitation, sectarian violence, terrorism will stop automatically. But, too bad i don't see that happening anytime soon. Why, coz they're Greedy, retarded lame ass fuckers. I'm afraid NL it would take several centuries for Nigerian problem to be solved. Sometimes, you don't really have to blame the northerners for the problem in Nigeria. The main culprit behind the adversaries in this country are the FUCKEN COLONIAL MASTERS( Britain).

May God help us all
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by FBS: 7:32am On Jan 29, 2010
In this age and time?  shocked
I guess their allah is asleep and does not have time for such silly requests.
What a country!!!
God help us.

@becomerich, keep it coming. Some classic stuff right there.  grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by MaxyBrown(m): 7:57am On Jan 29, 2010
Its amazing how a few greedy people want to make themslves demigods in Nigeria- wanting to enthrone and dethrone. That is the sad case of Kwara state and infact most states in Nigeria. Truth is that things are changing and that fast. People in this category should watch their backs. A new generation of youths is rising- people that are concious, educated, well- travelled and properlly guided. If a black man can become president in the US this it is not hard to imagine that politics of god-fatherism is gong into extinction pretty soon. Time will tell.

As for the illiterates and religious-hopeless parading themselves like deciders of events in kwara state, I advise them to find something else to do because the world is changing and because they have refused to change, they will simply go the way of the dinosaurs. Whether kwara is a yoruba state or not is not a question to debate- as for me. Are there Yorubas In Germany? Yes. Are there Yorubas in Benin Republic. Yes. Are there Yorubas in Kwara? Yes. Do they speak Hausa as the major language in Kwara no. Smart people can make smart conclusion from this alone.
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by NosaHenry(m): 8:00am On Jan 29, 2010
It is purely a political move and nothing to do with religion. They want to stop the like of Saraki's daughter
Re: Muslims Call On Allah To Stop Female Governorship In Kwara by yemmight(m): 8:05am On Jan 29, 2010
I think it goes beyond praying against women. Its ponting the way of Saraki's again. I am from that state in Nigeria and I will be very sad if that family produces another person.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Saraki’s Travails Not Masterminded By APC – Gbajabiamila / Why Miyetti Allah Should Not Be Respected – Fani-kayode / Sagay Backs Southern Governors, Says Presidency Must Come To South In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.