Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. (1161 Views)

White Man In Tears, Was Scammed By Nigerian Fraudsters / Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics / How We Were Scammed At Computer Village Using Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by unilagfreshest(m): 8:12am On Jun 30, 2017
Hii, it's a bit long story (experience) but I will try to summarize very fast. Note; am not writing for you to blame me but to learn one or two lessons.. Now the story.
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by SexyNairalander: 8:17am On Jun 30, 2017
booked
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by smartty68(m): 8:19am On Jun 30, 2017
Ok

Order through me and get 5k discounts on Jumia, offer valids until 2nd of July

NB: First come first served
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by unilagfreshest(m): 8:49am On Jun 30, 2017
It was 27 of June 2017, a Tuesday, I don't know what to call the day maybe a fortunate day or rather unfortunate day, coz it was my mum's birthday, so we all woke up with joy and ecstasy in the air, we sang, prayed and all.

she had earlier told me I will be taking my younger brother with my cousin to school that day, they came home for the fasting break, which was a model college somewhere in igbokuta in ikorodu, that she will be busy that day ( she does that herself most times), I reluctantly agreed, coz it was her birthday...

fast forward to around 2pm same day. we are all set to go, I took them, then on my way back home around 5pm, the bus I boarded from gberigbe to ikorodu garage stopped behind the brt bus/stop at ikorodu garage,
I was rushing coz I had a church program for 5.30pm , behind the bus stop as I was going,

I saw some group of boys gambling, I don't know why I stopped but I was anxious to know what was going on (what led me to why am writing this story) , it was 3 square cut size like a small box they were using... he will shuffle it, ND ask anyone to show him the box that has a Jago sticker in there, anyone that gets it will he will either multiply their money by 4 or something similar., so immediately I saw what they were doing I continued moving... as I took a step forward he called me ask to show him the box with the sticker. I pointed to a box and it was correct, he told me to bring 1000 to collect 4000 Naira, I was reluctant but I told him I had 500 naira.. he said I should bring it, I will collect 2000 naira, I gave him, he didn't give me the money, he said I should play another one, I got angry ND started going, a guy came ND told me he will help me get my money back I followed him ( from there I don't know what happened, my money 1k, phone (infinix note 3),power bank were all gone...) it was all like a flash or dream...
They left in different directions, they even gave me my SIM, I immediately called on people selling around there to come to my rescue, but unfortunately everyone turned a blind eye and a deaf ear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by adslipps: 9:09am On Jun 30, 2017
Lol angry
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by unilagfreshest(m): 9:11am On Jun 30, 2017
that was where my confusion and hassle started, I started running around the market for anyone to come to my rescue or probably an advice on what to do, but the best I got was 'won tickets for Leo won e',(have been shown Lagos), things was going down right in my presence , I don't know how to explain accurately to people, I crossed the road to meet a lastma official, all he told me was be going home, everything has gone.... I don't know if I should cry, shout or go and look for them.. I forget to mention they were up to seven in no,.. I asked him to direct me to any police station around... he hissed but reluctantly gave me the description, claiming it's a futile decision.
I begged him for tfare home but he said he is not with money. On my way to the police station at the filling station at round about, I met a traffic police man, who directed me immediately to the RRS squad stationed beside the filling station.
I got there, explained to them and all blamed me for stopping initially... 2 of them stood up, followed me to the scene, unfortunately they saw no one.
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by LAFO: 9:24am On Jun 30, 2017
cheesy

I laugh.
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by hodusglobal(m): 9:39am On Jun 30, 2017
It happens everywhere around the country. Your mom sent you message and you saw people gambling at the road side and which you stop to look at what they are doing instead of you to be going to where you were sent. It's written in the bible that thy shall not be a gambler...Isn't it? I've seen it with my two eyes korokoro where police officers with the patrol Van came to collect bribe from those gamblers that used to dupes people at the road sides. Anything Gambling or Magician displays, next time you should not stop and watch. Even all these companies and stores that does roadside advertisement.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by kilode100(f): 9:39am On Jun 30, 2017
What is there to learn in your story @Op? Keep it moving biko
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by unilagfreshest(m): 9:39am On Jun 30, 2017
As we were returning, after a fruitless search, we met a soldier, which the mopol explained what happened to him, the soldier, I introduced myself as a corp member serving in kwara, he was thrilled by that, ND was surprised how I let such happened... then I knew he was an officer ND a commander (don't know his rank), he said I should stay with the mopol, he will go to the barrack to radio the case.

After about 30 minutes of waiting , the officer called that he has seen their leader (like someone that knows them well and their whereabouts), his name was called shola, he promised to investigate ND bring my phone . After waiting for another 30 minutes, shola called back, that he has seen my phone and I will bail it for 30k....
wow, I was perplexed ND dumb, the mopol told him on phone that I will pay 20k, he should bring it... shola said he will try to convince them ( the gang), after waiting for another 30 minutes, shola's phone was switched off... ND bamm , the mopol told me 'at this junction there is nothing they can do, that I should consider my phone 90 gone but if am lucky they will return it.... They told me to be going home, I begged them for tfare, they refused that they don't have money... for the first time in my life I begged market women for tfare home, a lady gave me 200 naira,..
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by Emmyeazyboy(m): 9:46am On Jun 30, 2017
Lolz... Atleast uve learnt ur lesson, I stay in ikorodu too.. Nd I do see those guys...
U shouldn't hv stopped to watch what was happening...
Forget u can never win jago...
They pick pockets while u dere opening ur mouth Happyly playing the game u can neva win...

Next tym, u ignore such pple, even if they call u
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by unilagfreshest(m): 10:03am On Jun 30, 2017
on Wednesday, I was called by the mopol, that the phone was already with him, that I should come on Thursday with 20k to get it. I begged him on phone to collect 15k.
he reluctantly agreed, and told me to add police money.
Thursday morning about to going, I decided to call the soldier coz he gave me his no to explain things to him.
Immediately I introduced myself to him, he asked if have collected my phone, that he has given the mopol my phone, after threatening the gangs they returned the phone to him. I told him about the 15k bail out, he was angry ND vexed that he that collected the phone didn't ask for anything, that they didn't do anything.,. that if I want to give them anything, I should not give them more than 5k.
when I got there ,they insisted on collecting the 15k insisting on paying shola his share, after about 30 minutes of begging, they agreed to collect 10k, I tried calling the soldier man but it was just ringing not picking up, I knew I was alone, my friend that went with me borrowed me 2k, and eventually gave them 9k. They gave me my phone, checked it, memory card gone, my power bank gone aswell, should I mention my money too went.. In all I give glory to God coz I prayed to get the phone back and he answered.... a lesson to me, a lesson to someone too... Thanks for your time... END.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by unilagfreshest(m): 11:56am On Jun 30, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by 2shure: 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
U dull
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by meezynetwork(m): 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
U too dull
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by alcmene: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2017
OP upload your picture.... I need to complete the laughter

Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
I saw a young guy (he is definitely a teenager) get scammed from this sort of thing and he was crying.
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by Dexema(m): 5:31pm On Jun 30, 2017
Take a good look at those people who want to give you X4 of your money and compare them to yourself.
Now you see the difference.
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by Zico5(m): 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2017
Ode oshi, educated illiterate.
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by Buhardulardapc: 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
unilagfreshest:
on Wednesday, I was called by the mopol, that the phone was already with him, that I should come on Thursday with 20k to get it. I begged him on phone to collect 15k.
he reluctantly agreed, and told me to add police money.
Thursday morning about to going, I decided to call the soldier coz he gave me his no to explain things to him.
Immediately I introduced myself to him, he asked if have collected my phone, that he has given the mopol my phone, after threatening the gangs they returned the phone to him. I told him about the 15k bail out, he was angry ND vexed that he that collected the phone didn't ask for anything, that they didn't do anything.,. that if I want to give them anything, I should not give them more than 5k.
when I got there ,they insisted on collecting the 15k insisting on paying shola his share, after about 30 minutes of begging, they agreed to collect 10k, I tried calling the soldier man but it was just ringing not picking up, I knew I was alone, my friend that went with me borrowed me 2k, and eventually gave them 9k. They gave me my phone, checked it, memory card gone, my power bank gone aswell, should I mention my money too went.. In all I give glory to God coz I prayed to get the phone back and he answered.... a lesson to me, a lesson to someone too... Thanks for your time... END.
Op u want to scam agberos in dis recession time grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by Jabioro: 7:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
Your personal lesson indeed.. jamba you of course
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 30, 2017
Those gamblers and polices at that sagamu road police station alwaays work together .... You're lucky though .... It happened to me 3 years ago they took my BB bold 5,I reported to a police officer standing close to them there immediately ..he arrogantly chased me away before I could say ' buhari' they were all gone ....

But since then I con tear eyes enter gym
Re: How I Was Scammed At Ikorodu, Lagos State. Lesson To All. by demsid(m): 7:05am On Jul 01, 2017
Mumu raised to power 10

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Guy In Lagos Slays Prostitute For Ritual (photo) / House Maiguard In Sangotedo Ajah, (lagos) Steals Boss' Valuables / Few Hours After Wedding, Newly Wedded Bride Slam Murder Charge On Groom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.