Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos (1934 Views)

Court Asked To Declare Nnamdi Kanu A Fugitive, Order His Arrest / Buhari's Schools Were Not In Existence As At 1953 And Up Till 1956- Says Atiku / IPOB Asaba Gave Nnamdi Kanu A Portrait & Title Of 'OJI IGODO BIAFRA' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by IAMMUIC: 9:59am On Jun 30, 2017
My name is Macquis Udochukwu and I'm Igbo by ethnicity. Igbos Keep complaining about them being marginalized, but are they the only ones who have been marginalized in Nigeria?

I recently stumbled on an article where the so-called Messiah of the igbos Nnamdi Kanu openly declared his plans to bring Nigeria to ruins, a threat he plans to carry out by making sure no president emerges in 2019. According to him, all Biafran states will boycott the 2019 presidential election.

One thing I know for certain is that the only thing that can separate Nigeria is war. Another Civil war! It was also the case with Sudan and other countries that suffered secession as we all know it. What really happened in Sudan? After South Sudan had gotten the much desired freedom, was there ever peace within their walls? If at all the goal of Nnamdi Kanu and a handful of igbos are achieved, will Biafra ever be a nation of peace, stability and prosperity?

Truth is, the problem with Nigeria isn't Nigeria, a particular set of tribe or people, it is man himself. Man by nature is corrupt as we all know, Nnamdi Kanu himself isn't free corruption or human flaws. He too would disappoint as many as put their trust in him. We live in a flawed world overflowing with flawed men, igbos and every other tribe should understand this and live with it. Biafra is not going to be heaven or Canaan land as some are programmed to believe. There would be problems, such as we're currently experiencing in Nigeria.

I'm not comfortable with Nnamdi saying things on behalf of the entire Igbo nation as though he speaks for the entire Igbo nation. Let a poll be conducted to decide which Igbos are in support of Nnamdi's selfish action and those not in support. This would go a long way to correct the impression that all igbos are in full support of his actions. By the way, I wonder how Biafra would survive without the support of the Niger Delta region.

As Nigerians let us be wise and not be a gullible people. Let us not act like lower animals-the likes of cows and sheep, programmed to never think, but just follow anyone who leads them not minding the credibility or motif of the said shepherd.

God bless Nigeria and those dwelling within her walls!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by Notasyouthink: 10:03am On Jun 30, 2017
Another frustrated Afonja is on the loose grin grin grin These buffoonish creatures can be funny sometimescheesy cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by CutieGuy(m): 10:06am On Jun 30, 2017
Ohaneze Ndi Igbo is a shameless and toothless congregants of men and women of weak disposition. Sincerely speaking, fear has really griped them because of the towering influence of IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu.
Nnia Nwodo, your said speech in the floor of Anambra State House of Assembly smacks of common sense. I call it a tele guided speech. If you said Ohaneze Ndigbo acknowledges the marginalisation of Biafrans in Nigeria which gave rise to agitation for self determination, then, why do you still condemn our total resolve to boycott every election in Biafra land, beginning with Anambra State? Since we have been participating in all these elections, has anything changed? No, rather we keep recycling the same crop of criminals in the system who kill, lie and loot public fund at the expense of poverty stricken masses because of the flawed foundation of the British fraud called Nigeria.
Moreover, IPOB leaders have not in anyway arrogated the so called Igbo leadership to themselves. What is simply happening now is that the political efficacy of the so called Igbo leaders have depreciated to nothingness because they lack both charismatic and political sagacity to light up the needed change that the people are in desperate need of. This infinitesimal bandwagons of red cap chiefs should just go and hibernate, the people have taken back their mandate. We are not longer interested in associating with elders who cant listen to the plight of their people but rather work assiduously in assisting our oppressors to consolidate on their gains against us. Time has gone when the caliphate surrogates in Abuja will be ordering you guys like cows that have no direction and focus and you people still expect us to listen to your blabbing!! Very pathetic.
Nnia Nwodo is fast to condemn Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB for calling for an election boycott but what also stops this man that claims to be well informed from advising the government to conduct a referendum for Biafrans. Referendum is glaringly a simple democratic yardstick used in resolving brouhaha like this rather than flogging issues around. This generation of Biafrans doesn't have room for such fraudulent and myopic charade ( election in Nigeria ) and that's the reason why we have chosen to boycott every election in Biafra land, beginning with Anambra State election.
Nnia Nwodo and his led Ohaneze Ndigbo should embrace the present reality, they cannot claim to be speaking for Biafrans, only referendum will decide who speak for Biafrans. We have crossed the era of when few selfish red cap chiefs will be deciding the fate of millions of Biafrans all over the world. We want to decide our future by ourselves, no hard feelings. It is our right, this is not a medieval age.
One thing is sure, come November 17th 2017, Biafrans will cause a constitutional logjam in Anambra State. No man can stop the wish of the people. We are ready to decide our future. All these cat and dog race by Nigeria government and their puppets in Biafra land should stop. By November, we will now no who is in control. Biafrans or Ohaneze Ndigbo
REFERENDUM LOADING.....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by Kellibae(f): 10:10am On Jun 30, 2017
Ur first line where u said u grew up in lagos is where i stopprd reading.
U ar now afonja-infested sorry!.

14 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by ZorGBUooeh: 10:38am On Jun 30, 2017
Afonja..Ibo wanna be.

10 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by dlondonbadboy: 10:53am On Jun 30, 2017
There is a huge difference between ""I'm igbo" and my mother told me I'm an igbo"

Oga, you are not an igbo...So you have no idea what it means to be an igbo.

What kinda igbo man never travels home? Even during christmas? Did they Chase your father outta his village? Did he commit an abomination? Abi its one of those tales we hear about spirits coming back to life and giving birth to children?

12 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by pauljumbo: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2017
What about fulani herdsmen in enugu
Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by pauljumbo: 11:03am On Jun 30, 2017
Biafra does not mean you will loss properties you own in Nigeria

Nigerian own property all over the world using loosing properties because of secession it wount happen

I
IAMMUIC:
My name is Macquis Udochukwu and I'm Igbo by ethnicity. I was born and brought up in lagos, in other words I've been in Lagos all my life. So also my parents. My parents have invested so much in Lagos, and telling them to leave behind all their investments and properties behind and move over to the region Biafra really doesn't settle well with me. Igbos Keep complaining about them being marginalized, but are they the only ones who have been marginalized in Nigeria?

I recently stumbled on an article where the so-called Messiah of the igbos Nnamdi Kanu openly declared his plans to bring Nigeria to ruins, a threat he plans to carry out by making sure no president emerges in 2019. According to him, all Biafran states will boycott the 2019 presidential election.

One thing I know for certain is that the only thing that can separate Nigeria is war. Another Civil war! It was also the case with Sudan and other countries that suffered secession as we all know it. What really happened in Sudan? After South Sudan had gotten the much desired freedom, was there ever peace within their walls? If at all the goal of Nnamdi Kanu and a handful of igbos are achieved, will Biafra ever be a nation of peace, stability and prosperity?

Truth is, the problem with Nigeria isn't Nigeria, a particular set of tribe or people, it is man himself. Man by nature is corrupt as we all know, Nnamdi Kanu himself isn't free corruption or human flaws. He too would disappoint as many as put their trust in him. We live in a flawed world overflowing with flawed men, igbos and every other tribe should understand this and live with it. Biafra is not going to be heaven or Canaan land as some are programmed to believe. There would be problems, such as we're currently experiencing in Nigeria.

I'm not comfortable with Nnamdi saying things on behalf of the entire Igbo nation as though he speaks for the entire Igbo nation. Let a poll be conducted to decide which Igbos are in support of Nnamdi's selfish action and those not in support. This would go a long way to correct the impression that all igbos are in full support of his actions. By the way, I wonder how Biafra would survive without the support of the Niger Delta region.

As Nigerians let us be wise and not be a gullible people. Let us not act like lower animals-the likes of cows and sheep, programmed to never think, but just follow anyone who leads them not minding the credibility or motif of the said shepherd.

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by Slikbae: 11:10am On Jun 30, 2017
Lol
Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by gartamanta: 11:47am On Jun 30, 2017
IAMMUIC:
My name is Macquis Udochukwu and I'm Igbo by ethnicity. I was born and brought up in lagos, in other words I've been in Lagos all my life. So also my parents. My parents have invested so much in Lagos, and telling them to leave behind all their investments and properties behind and move over to the region Biafra really doesn't settle well with me. Igbos Keep complaining about them being marginalized, but are they the only ones who have been marginalized in Nigeria?

I sympathise with Igbos such as your self that were born and raised outside Igbo land. Its people such as you that are more likely to fall for the scam called 'one Nigeria'. It is important to tell you that no amount of outside investment by Igbos can be equated to the freedom, emancipation and sovereignty of Igbo land. Igbos may not be the only ones marginalised in Nigeria, but that doesnt mean they must do what others that are marginalised do. Igbos have their own approach.

Point of correction. Nnamdi Kanu has never claimed to be a leader or messiah of Igbos. What Nnamdi Kanu wants, Biafra, is not an Igbo agenda. Its just that Igbos are the largest ethnic group in Biafra. I see nothing wrong with the election boycott. History tells us that many pressure groups often use election boycott to get government to take their agitation serious. Election boycott is both legal and peaceful. There is no law that forces anyone to come out and vote.

It is only people that believe in "one Nigeria by all means" that still talk about war. IPOB and Kanu has never killed or even touched anyone. It is even them that have been killed. What they are saying is 'give us referendum'. It is Nigerians that are shouting war all the time. Why cant Nigeria separate without war? Is there an unbilical chord that Lord Lugard used in sowing all of us together? What about countries like Czech Republic and Republic of Slovakia that both came out of Czechoslovakia and are both doing well? Why must South Sudan be the only example you can see?

Start asking your self important quetions. Has Nigeria ever worked since Lugard created it? Do Hausa/Igbo/Yoruba love each other? Is Nigeria a nation or just a British colonial contraption? Why have we got to be fighting and killing each other to be together if we were one?

Nnamdi Kanu never claims to speak for the Igbo nation, he speaks for IPOB. The same poll you are saying should happen is what Kanu has been shouting he wants by way of referendum. As for the Niger Delta, they are free to join Biafra or stay in Nigeria, their choice. There is nothing in the Niger Delta that is not in Igbo land. My home state of Anambra has one of the largest deposits of Gas in Nigeria and huge amounts of Oil. The same applies to Abia and Imo. It should be noted that it is not Oil thats makes a nation great, the same Oil did not help Nigeria. It is the human potential that makes a nation great.

Get wise, you may be born in Lagos but you are still an 'omo ajokuta' to the indigenes.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by EvilMetahuman: 11:51am On Jun 30, 2017
ZorGBUooeh:
Afonja..Ibo wanna be.
why would any sane person wanna be ibo?

Name one reason why anyone would wanna be ibo?

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by obailala(m): 11:53am On Jun 30, 2017
pauljumbo:
Biafra does not mean you will loss properties you own in Nigeria

Nigerian own property all over the world using loosing properties because of secession it wount happen
Nigerians own properties around the world and reserve the rights and freedom to enjoy ownership of the properties they own in those foreign countries. However, what you and many others fail to take note of is that Nigerians do not go about online and on TV, throwing 10,000 insults and abuses and destruction threats to the citizens of those countries day and night, Nigerians do not go about calling those countries zoos and neither do we call the inhabitants (from fathers to mothers to kids) animals. If that were the case, I doubt we would be able to peacefully own properties in those countries.

I think this is quite commonsensical, hence why smart people think ipob organisation and its cult followers are doing more harm than good to Igbos (especially those living outside Igboland). However, the ipob guys dont really care cos most of them are domiciled in the south east and care less about the welfare or investments of Igbos like the Op who invested their entire lives outside Igboland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by dudebuck: 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
Afonja we do not need you? If actually you are Igbo, blame your parents, Ojukwu did not make a mistake by warning us about building up other people's backyards and forgetting our own, but your parents chose to disobey, so you must suffer the consequences, a fly that has no adviser follows the corpse to the grave.

The Jews invested a million times more than you people in Europe but the forgot about those things and they are doing well in Israel.

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by Iykmann(m): 12:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
When you see efulefu you them

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by skaqe: 12:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
Call or WhatsApp 08133721021 to get urs or for more info

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by ESDKING: 12:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
Are properties more important than future of your generation ?.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by Iykmann(m): 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
When you see efulefu you know them

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by pauljumbo: 1:15pm On Jun 30, 2017
obailala:
Nigerians own properties around the world and reserve the rights and freedom to enjoy ownership of the properties they own in those foreign countries. However, what you and many others fail to take note of is that Nigerians do not go about online and on TV, throwing 10,000 insults and abuses and destruction threats to the citizens of those countries day and night, Nigerians do not go about calling those countries zoos and neither do we call the inhabitants (from fathers to mothers to kids) animals. If that were the case, I doubt we would be able to peacefully own properties in those countries.

I think this is quite commonsensical, hence why smart people think ipob organisation and its cult followers are doing more harm than good to Igbos (especially those living outside Igboland). However, the ipob guys dont really care cos most of them are domiciled in the south east and care less about the welfare or investments of Igbos like the Op who invested their entire lives outside Igboland.
e

i disagree with you check nairaland there is thread about nigeria and kenya even nigeria and Ghana they insult themselves everyday online and Nigerians still own properties in Ghana and kenya, me and you know non of this people who insults themeselve online will do it in real life.

even if biafra insults Nigerians does that mean they will loose their properties in Nigeria id biafra succeed?

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by obailala(m): 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2017
pauljumbo:
e

i disagree with you check nairaland there is thread about nigeria and kenya even nigeria and Ghana they insult themselves everyday online and Nigerians still own properties in Ghana and kenya, me and you know non of this people who insults themeselve online will do it in real life.

even if biafra insults Nigerians does that mean they will loose their properties in Nigeria id biafra succeed?
How could you be confusing the mere social banters between Nigeria vs Ghana/Kenya with the rabid hate filled inter-ethnic/tribal abuses prevalent in Nigeria lately?.. Are you for real?

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by pauljumbo: 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2017
The insults you see online is as a result of a people who don't want to be in union with you

How long are we going to keep suppressing a mandate millions of people believe in

if this government succeed in making Nnamdi Kanu forget about Biafra agitation a new leader will spring up

i dont know why we are afraid that secession will bring doom to Nigeria

there are several countries that experience secession they are better off today

so if the Igbos want to secede we should encourage it without bitterness because am seeing some politicians will start using the Biafra agitation to heat up the polity

obailala:

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by Jonathan39: 1:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
Am from anambra state and I tell you #NoElectionInAnambra

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by pauljumbo: 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
obailala:
How could you be confusing the mere social banters between Nigeria vs Ghana/Kenya with the rabid hate filled inter-ethnic/tribal abuses prevalent in Nigeria lately?.. Are you for real?

so is that a good reason to seize the properties of Igbos if biafra becomes a country?

what you are saying is because we have millions of people who hate buhari and also abuse him because he is fulani man he should seize their properties because he is the president of Nigeria?

we are seeing this hatred because we try to force the igbos in the union of Nigeria

Biafra is an ideology that should be engaged with logic not threath of igbo man will lose his property if biafra becomes a country

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by Agumbankembu: 1:53pm On Jun 30, 2017
Our problems started and will end with efulefus (In Nigeria no more if Biafra is restored).

Eg is Nzeogwu.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by Princesaha: 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2017
All these afonjaas claiming Igbo should mind their business before Amadioha strikes them with stroke. As for November, there won't be any election in Anambra here. Those of us wey even hate voting go use that opportunity invite any of our babes so that we go chill body together. In other words, November 30th na anambra "Straffing day" for all unmarried bachelors like us.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
Notasyouthink:
Another frustrated Afonja is on the loose grin grin grin These buffoonish creatures can be funny sometimescheesy cheesy
Aba brain man has spoken all what his aba brain can put out. Clap for your self jor.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 30, 2017
Jonathan39:
Am from anambra state and I tell you #NoElectionInAnambra
god of anambra, we have heard you. Let the day comes first.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by oladeebo: 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
IAMMUIC:

A conscience Nigeria God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by wirinet(m): 2:44pm On Jun 30, 2017
IAMMUIC:

My brother you have spoken the absolute truth, Kanu and his IPOB gang have put the lives of Igbos all over Nigeria in danger. Igbos are some of the most brilliant tribes in Nigeria but Kanu is making Igbos look stupid.

We often argue about this Biafra with my staff and customers at the office and one question I asked them yesterday was " What source of income will Biafra use in running their country?". I told them if the Nigerdelta refuses to follow them to Biafra, they will all die of starvation. I got all kinds of stupid answers yesterday; One said the international community will provide aid to run the country. Another from Ebonyi said they have rice and Cassava. I asked him if the rice and cassava can provide enough earnings to pay civil servants and run a government. Another said they would make money their importation business. I asked this one what will provide the foreign currency to continue their importation business, he did not understand, what i was talking about. Another shouted " We have oil in Abia and Anambra too". The most stupid one i heard was that they would cross the bridge when they get there.

To me Biafra just like Nigeria is predicated solely on oil income from the Nigerdelta. Kanu's struggle is all about cornering the oil fields of the Nigerdelta and depriving the other two major tribes - Hausa/Fulanis and Yorubas, access to same. That is why they cannot mention South East without attaching South South or Nigerdelta.

A Biafra with the oil rich Nigerdelta would make South Sudan look like a garden party, the oil bearing tribes would seek the help of foreigners to deny igloos access to their oil. Even oil Bearing Igbo communities like Etche and Ogba would jealously guard their oil against others.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by amjoseph19: 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2017
Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by amjoseph19: 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2017
IAMMUIC:

If you like come from Nri in anambra state or arochukwu in abia state. na you know.
I manage to read your post to the end. what I can deduce from it is SELFISHNESS. you are nothing but a selfish ba5tard. You welfare of your so called brothers in anambra state don't matter to you.

Now, let me reply the real you, When Nigeria gain independence, how many of those leaving in UK were forced to return home? erhn, Afonja answer.
If biafra gain independence today, those leaving in lagos will automatically be a foreigner. Their assets land business investment will still be intact.

so, go fook yourself with your cheap propaganda which won't reach anywhere.

it's nice how everybody is now claiming "I'm from the East" here in nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by wirinet(m): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
pauljumbo:
e

even if biafra insults Nigerians does that mean they will loose their properties in Nigeria id biafra succeed ?

To have an idea of what happens in an acrimonious seperation, follow the Brexit negotiations between UK and Europe concerning the rights of each others citizens in either sides of the divide. Mind Brexit was not as acrimonious as a Biafra is going to be given the fact that the main reason of Biafra being promoted by IPOB is hatred of the Zoo(Nigeria), hatred of Hausa "cows" and hatred of Yoruba "bastards"

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu A Threat To Our Peaceful Existence As Igbos by SuperS1Panther: 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
Osus will only be Osus --- always finding every reason to run away from the land of gully erosion. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra:We Are Not Part Of Your Agitation–Nnamdi Kanu Community Tell IPOB Leader / Photos OF THE Handsome And Rich Former Local Government Chairman Trendying / Ipob Storm United Nation Office New York. This Getting Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.